PDA

View Full Version : The Merc With The Mouth: Drinks With Jedi (open)

Jacen Himes
Apr 24th, 2002, 12:41:02 AM
<font color="#C1DEFF" face="arial">He was wearing his "mild mannered boy" outfit today. His black hair seemed to be uncombed or rather a mask had been pulled off shortly before. It was tucked away neatly in the pocket that lined the inside of his blazer. Yep, he was wearing a blazer complete with matching slacks and a clean shirt. Not his normal wear. His desguising costume was worn under his clothes, his gloves also tucked away with the mask. Today he didn't need weapons, or atleast not in this few hours he'd spend in the bar. He left them in his speeder.

"Woah."

The incredibly menacing door guard stood beside the door, the one he had just walked through. He was blue and had four arms. Who wouldn't be taken aback?

"I'd shake your hand but I wouldn't know which to pick."

The guard chuckled. He was a kind giant and had a healthy attitude towards his looks. The merc moved on to find a seat at the bar.

"Beer," wait, didn't he have a job this night? "Light."</font>

Azhure Darkstone
Apr 24th, 2002, 03:04:19 AM
::Azhure watched door for no reason at all, but what caught her attention was that the guard had replied. Not many spoke to the gaurd because of his image. She herself had never spoken to the guard but he seemed friendly and also good at his job. Her attention turned to the newcomer, he did not seem familiar. She knew faces, though not many names and this face was not familiar. She studied him for a while, aware he knew of her staring and she broke it after her mind stopped contemplating what he might be. No weapons, so he was not a sith or bounty hunter, sith often liked to fight to keep their weapons. Curious.::

Welcome

Jacen Himes
Apr 24th, 2002, 03:54:00 AM
"Well hellooo...."

She was cute. Cute enough to get his attention.

"Thanks for the warm greeting. Come here often?"

He dwelved right into his long list of pick-up lines.

Azhure Darkstone
Apr 25th, 2002, 04:32:27 AM
::Azhure smiled amusingly at the pick-up line, not many in her past had dared do that but a jedi was peaceful so it added up. Either way she found the comment slightly amusing and a small smirk appeared at the side of her lips.
::

I am a jedi here and I come here quite often. But you seem not to, for your face is quite unfamiliar.
What Is your name? I am Azhure.

::She offered him a seat and called for the droid to order a drink::

Captain Tohmahawk
Apr 25th, 2002, 04:47:36 AM
"Light Beer? Do we actually have that crap here?" Tohmahawk asked the Bartender

"Yes sir we do"

"After tonight, I want that cat piss flushed down the sewer. It's worse than Fosters. "

Jacen Himes
Apr 25th, 2002, 04:24:31 PM
He took the seat as his eyes drooped.... his name?

The merc's eyes searched the room feavorously, searching for inspiration.

"Uh.... Wook--" He saw a Wookiee, "Skank. Wook Skankish... Rustybucket."

Azhure Darkstone
Apr 26th, 2002, 02:53:44 AM
::Azhure looked confused for an instint but nodded::

Well nice to meet you...ah..Wook Rustybucket?

::She wasnt sure of his name as he seemed hesitant of it himself and it edged on her curiosity. It was plain to see that he did not want to be known if he was making up names. Azhure understood, having done it quite a few times. Perhaps he was keeping a secret name and needed to speak to the higher-ups, or perhaps he just didnt want to eb known. In any case, it was not for her to pry for she did not feel any threat from him.
She winked at him as she requested a drink for both of them.::

You could have chosen a less unuasual name like Luke. Dont worry, I wont ask why. Are you sure you want me calling you Wook?

:;She smiled and sipped her drink as she watched his expression. He looked kind of cute with that look on his face. This caused her to smile more::

Are you looking for any help from the jedi or here for a drink and a friendly chat? Marcus, Leia or Master Yoghurt will be around somewhere.

Jacen Himes
Apr 26th, 2002, 03:25:13 AM
"Makes me feel like a gameshow host."

He took a sip from his light beer.

"Well.... I'm just looking for information. See.... I'm an information broker. I work for a company that's very large. It does polls, then presents them to the public. News subscriptions buy them, Holo News uses them, et cetera. Now. They want to know if Jedi ever hire merceneries. Not to kill people but to fight alongside them in wars, to steal a Sith's underwear supply so they don't feel fresh while duking it out, that sort of thing."

He was feeling rather slick now. Information broker? He was getting better and better at thinking on his feet.

Azhure Darkstone
Apr 26th, 2002, 03:38:08 AM
::Azhure smiled a little and shook her head::

Tell them we dont do any dirty work under sith noses, well most of us dont. I dont know about the others. We dont do killing unless it is forced to be so. If we do do killing, it by ones own hand.
Some sith would gladly hire them though, I'm sure.

::She said this without a smile and looked around, then back at him. Why was he asking this anyway, what would an information borker want to know that? Give the jedi a bad name? Sighing she shook her head and looked at him in the eye::

Assasins and merchinaries do much the same work, but I myself would hire an assasin first off to kill if I werent jedi.
Hows your drink?

OOC: your on when i am. cool. a change for once.
got any messengers?

Jacen Himes
Apr 26th, 2002, 03:57:33 AM
"It's cat piss but it'll do."

Jacen layed the bottle on the table.

"See, you're getting what I'm asking all wrong. Take the clone wars for instance. Didn't the Jedi fight alongside clones? When Grand Admiral Thrawn popped up, didn't the Republic look to smugglers and the like to help them out, like Karrde. I'm asking, would they put a merc on the payroll and have him do odd jobs? Nothing illegal mind you, just stuff that they're too busy to do."

OOC - Can't chat. And I'm about to get off anyway. :(

Azhure Darkstone
Apr 26th, 2002, 04:02:45 AM
::Azhure thought about this and nodded reluctantly, but a spark was still in her eyes::

Yes, if it was needed greatly, as long as the mercenary did not double cross and as long as he was trustworthy I suppose. You could ask one of our higher-ups but most of the things get done. We do need more jedi knights as we have many padawans about, like myself.

:;With this a humourus look crossed her face::

Jacen Himes
Apr 26th, 2002, 11:18:54 AM
"Everyone's trustworthy when paid enough. Trust me."

Jacen leaned back in his chair.

"Maybe I should get confirmation from one the higherups. If I go back with what I've gotten so far, I'll be fired."

Azhure Darkstone
Apr 27th, 2002, 05:30:19 AM
::A samll grimace crossed her face as a memory came back and she pushed it away nodding::

Yes I agree with that. Paid enough and someone would kill. That is the weakness of greed.

:;She returned her mind to the order of business and sipped her drink before answering. Leaning back she looked at him again and thought there was somethign not right but she did not say anything. Was he a mercinary or was he telling the truth. She pointed into a direction where a door was and looked him in the eye::
You might find the jedi in the Arcan IV Trading Base. Just ask for one of the jedi masters or knights and I am sure you will find one who has the answers you seek, good or bad.
Good luck, and perhaps I shall see you around sometime.

::She smiled and watched a droid go by, wondering why it had a dint in it where it had not before. Shaking her head she turned her attention to the man and looked at the door again, wondering what the answer would be.::