PDA

View Full Version : Slides something down the bar to Tevit...

Ryla Relvinian
Apr 27th, 2002, 02:23:18 PM
http://www.ryla.net/images/nehi.gif

On me. :]

Ryla Relvinian
Apr 28th, 2002, 02:58:02 AM
"Ah, what the hey. Bartender! Grape Nehi for everyone, on me."

Gurney Devries
Apr 28th, 2002, 03:00:57 AM
Having been staring at the countertop for the past few minutes, Gurney was perturbed to find a bottle sitting squarely under his nose.

"Uhhh....?"

Daanarri Raurrssatta
Apr 28th, 2002, 03:02:21 AM
A tiny hand reached onto the bar top, followed shortly by another one. There was the sound of a small scuffle, and then Daanarri scrambled onto a bar stool. "jI'd ljike a Grrrape Nehji asss well!" She giggled a little as the bartender handed her a bottle, and wondered what Nehi was.

She struggled with the tightly screwed on lid.

Gurney Devries
Apr 28th, 2002, 03:12:52 AM
Without looking up, Gurney manipulated the Force, using it to pull the bottle cap off for the young Cizerack. And, from under the darkness of his cowl, he smiled.

Daanarri Raurrssatta
Apr 28th, 2002, 03:27:17 AM
The cap unscrewed itself, and Daani set the bottle down, sitting in her knees to look at it closely. There were no holographic advertisements released by this bottle, and she deemed it boring.

Poking it with a claw, to see if it did anything else besides open itself, Daani leaned forward and sniffed the open neck, getting carbonation in her nose. She withdrew, shaking her head with eyes wide.

Sanis Prent
Apr 28th, 2002, 03:30:41 AM
Nehi...they still make this stuff?

(I sat down, just as I got handed a purple bottle. I grinned like a kid, unscrewing the top)

I haven't had this since I played stick-ball on Nar Shadaa.

(As I turned up my drink, I glanced down at a little munchkin of a Cizerack, who seemed to be a little perplexed and put off by the bottle she held.)

Daanarri Raurrssatta
Apr 28th, 2002, 03:34:15 AM
A tall man sat next to her, and she put her ears down, suddenly timid. Then, overcome by curiousity, she tapped him on the elbow with her tail as he drank out of his bottle.

Jhyx
Apr 28th, 2002, 03:38:13 AM
Rocketing through the air, the little Isnik grabbed an unopened bottle of Nehi. His landing was substantially less than perfect, and he tumbled end over end across the bar, bottle in paws.

Sanis Prent
Apr 28th, 2002, 03:38:38 AM
(Noticing the cautious tail prodding my elbow, I turned and smiled at her, watching her divert her attention between myself, and the purple bottle squeezed precariously between her legs.)

Whatcha got there, fluffy?

Daanarri Raurrssatta
Apr 28th, 2002, 03:43:18 AM
Fluffjy? Daani wrinkled up her forehead and squinted at the big hyuu-mann. "Whjy djidn't jyou wajit?"

Her eye caught the movement of something smaller than she was, and her head turned towards it. But then she remembered her question, and dragged her eyes back to the hyuu-mann, waiting for his answer.

AmazonBabe
Apr 28th, 2002, 03:45:04 AM
:: AB moved her bottle out of the way as the Isnik came tumbling past her on the bar. To stop his end over end, she placed an arm down on the bar top, and the small creature crashed into her forearm, coming to a screeching halt, upside down. ::

:: She smiled, looking down at him, and raised her bottle of Nehi. ::

Cheers!

:: She then took a long swig of the grapey liquid. ::

Sanis Prent
Apr 28th, 2002, 03:49:08 AM
Hmm...what?

(I had no idea what she was talking about. I took another drink, watching a blur of brown fur fly across the bar.)

What the...

Daanarri Raurrssatta
Apr 28th, 2002, 03:51:53 AM
"Well!?" She sniffed her drink again, keeping her eyes on the hyuu-mann male. "Mjine opened jitssself, whjy djidn't jyou wajit forrr jyourrrsss to open?"

Daani took the bottle with both hands, gingerly tipping it up to taste the dark liquid.

Jhyx
Apr 28th, 2002, 03:53:47 AM
From his inverted position, Jhyx looked up at Rie. "Hi there," he smiled widely.

Still upside down, he held out his bottle to her. "Would you be so kind?"

Sanis Prent
Apr 28th, 2002, 03:54:08 AM
(I was about to ask what she was talking about again, when suddenly it clicked, as I glanced off to the side at a Jedi with a conspiratorial smile on his face. I looked down to the doe-eyed little tot.)

Well...mine's not a magic bottle. Only magic bottles can do that.

Daanarri Raurrssatta
Apr 28th, 2002, 03:57:32 AM
Daani's jaw dropped. "Magjic!?" She put the bottle down again hastily, before she'd tasted the drink. Wide eyed, she waited almost breathlessly, to see if it would do anything else.

AmazonBabe
Apr 28th, 2002, 04:02:39 AM
:: She wasn't quite sure if he wished for her to hold the bottle for him, or open it for him. So, she did both, first taking the inverted bottle from her and calming the bubbles within using the Force. Then, with a snap of her wrist, she popped the bottle open. ::

There you go, Jhyx.

:: She smiled as he brought himself to a standing/sitting position, no doubt trying to keep from falling over from the tumbling dizziness. ::

:: At the corner of her eye, she caught someone looking at her, and glanced up to see it was Sanis. But, it was almost as if he were saying something... with his eyes? Then she heard the last snipet of the conversation he was having with a young Cizerack girl, and knew exactly what he wished to do. ::

:: Smiling, she watched as the little girl set the bottle down, watching it intently. With help from the Force, AB made the bottle rise above the bartop by about an inch, and spin two times around, before coming back to sit on the bar. ::

Jhyx
Apr 28th, 2002, 04:13:05 AM
Jhyx accepted the bottle, still swaying slightly from dizziness, and he shook his head in an attempt to clear his eyesight; the last he'd known, there was only one of Rie.

His vision back to normal, he sat on the bar, his tail draping over the edge.

"Thanks," he grinned again at Rie, still a little addled, and tipping the bottle back took a long swig.

Daanarri Raurrssatta
Apr 28th, 2002, 04:17:22 AM
Daani squealed with delight and clapped her hands as the bottle lifted off the bar. When it settled back down, she tugged on the male's sleeve again. "jIsss jit sssafe to drrrjink? Mjy brrrotherrr alwajysss tellsss me to be carrreful what jI eat."

AmazonBabe
Apr 28th, 2002, 04:19:25 AM
:: AB grinned at the Isnik. ::

You're most welcome.

:: Then catching the little girls question she chuckled, taking another drink from her Nehi. It was a good think her former Padawan, Akrabbim, wasn't here, or he'd give a sandwhich some teeth. ::

Sanis Prent
Apr 28th, 2002, 04:19:32 AM
Safe for humans, at least.

(I smiled at her, taking a big gulp)

I'd guess its safe for you, too.

Daanarri Raurrssatta
Apr 28th, 2002, 04:21:31 AM
She looked askance at the bottle, and then picked it up carefully again, sipping it. Daanarri grinned. "jItsss good!" She gulped it down, and burped loudly.

Sanis Prent
Apr 28th, 2002, 04:28:02 AM
(I winced as the little kid let loose a burp that would put hair on a gundark's chest. Yeah, if the stripes, ears, and tail didn't give it away, the burp was trademark Cizerack style. She looked up at me with happy eyes, dribblets of purple liquid on her lips face, and chin.)

Daanarri Raurrssatta
Apr 28th, 2002, 04:37:07 AM
Daani looked bright eyed at the male. "I'm Daanji. Daanarrrrrrji, actualljy, but everjyone callsss me Daanji. What'sss jyourrr name?" She wiped halfheartedly at her face with a napkin and then peeled at the label on her bottle.

Gurney Devries
Apr 28th, 2002, 10:21:42 AM
While she was busy playing with it, the bottle in Daanarri's paws began to wobble and shake, threatening to break free from her grasp. Gurney clenched his jaw in frustration... what he had really wanted to do was get all the bottles in the room dance like flying monkeys. But alas... his pathetic Force skills weren't enough for such a feat, so he was contented to mess with the little Cizerack's head a little further.

Tevit Ramadon
Apr 28th, 2002, 01:41:45 PM
The sound of the bottle sliding across the hard bartop was enough to tell Tevit just what it was. He knew the sound very well, and stuck out his paw to catch the glass bottle as it came to him. Grape Nehi, his favorite drink. Breaking a wide smile that exposed his teeth and fangs, Tevit looked down the bar and saw Ryla, who was evidently passing them out.

Leaning forward and ticking his bottle at her in thanks, the mongoose then leaned back, places the crown of the cap against the cornet of the bar, and brought his other paw down hard on it, popping the silver cap off with seasoned grace. Being from a planet rich with sand, glass bottles were still the norm on Nehantish, so he had grown quite used to opening them.

Like a conneseiur of fine wine, he lifted the bottle to his nose and took a whiff, then swirled the bottle ever so slightly before breakign character and tipping it up to take a big swig out of it. Of all the grape sodas in the universe, Nehi was the best, though it was quite hard to find if you didn't know where to look for it.

Laughing out loud, Tevit shook his head and then took another drink. He didn't know how Ryla knew he liked the fizzy soft drink, but at that moment, he didn't care. He was more than content to relax and savor his bottle of pop.

Sanis Prent
Apr 28th, 2002, 11:23:28 PM
I'm Sanis. Nice to meet you, Daani.

(I looked around, wondering who the little scamp might belong to...)

Daanarri Raurrssatta
Apr 28th, 2002, 11:44:15 PM
Hands as far from the bottle she'd just drained as possible, Daani barely registered that the hyuu-mann had spoken to her again. She extended a finger, tiny claw protruding, and jabbed the mysterious bottle.

It overbalanced and fell over, falling off the back of the bar with a crash-tinkle that made the forrrda behind the bar scowl viciously at her. Daani hopped off the stool and hid, standing underneath the bar, covered by the overhanging lip.

Looking up once more, she found the man looking at her... "Sssanjisss?" Her eyes squinted a little, and then she pushed him off his bar stool.

Sanis Prent
Apr 28th, 2002, 11:52:20 PM
Aaah...

(I fell back from the push, hitting the ground with a thud, the rest of my nehi splashing over my face and shirt. I looked up at the mischievious little girl, raising an eyebrow)

Hey!

Daanarri Raurrssatta
Apr 29th, 2002, 12:08:56 AM
"That'sss forrr mjy brrrotherrr!" Daani stepped closer to Sanis, and then realized just how big he really was when he stood up again. "jI mean...um...jI..." She backed away again, and found herself trapped under the bartop again. Her eyes widened at the stain on his shirt, and she gulped.

Sanis Prent
Apr 29th, 2002, 12:15:02 AM
(My shirt was impossibly stained from Nehi, like a murder victim in Wonka Land. I stood, shaking grape soda from my soaked bangs, not understanding what the hell she did that for.)

Your brother?

(I thought about it, and then started to laugh. The pieces all fell into a funny little puzzle. I walked over to her, squatting down to eye level.)

You're Cirrsseeto's sister?

Daanarri Raurrssatta
Apr 29th, 2002, 12:20:38 AM
Daani frowned, and then cocked an eyebrow up as Sanis got down to her level. "Majybe." She bit her lip to keep from giggling at his bedraggled state.

Sanis Prent
Apr 29th, 2002, 12:24:14 AM
Well...

(I glanced down at my shirt, as I squeezed a few drops from my hair)

Thanks for the Nehi shower. Daani.

Daanarri Raurrssatta
Apr 29th, 2002, 12:37:55 AM
She leaned out from underneath the barcounter, and sniffed his neck with her tiny nose. "jYou do sssmell a ljittle ljike a Cjizerrrack, though." Daani looked at him suspiciously, and then her stomach growled.

Clapping both hands over her tummy, she gasped, "jI'm ssstarrrvjing! But therrre jisssn't anjythjing to pounce arrround herrre." She made a little sad face, hoping Sanis would get the hint and buy her something.

Sanis Prent
Apr 29th, 2002, 12:44:00 AM
(I thought about it...and figured I couldn't get any more messy.)

How about some pecan pie?

(I smiled at her)

C'mon, I'll treat ya to a little human food...if you're up for it.

Daanarri Raurrssatta
Apr 29th, 2002, 12:48:17 AM
The thought of eating human food was a little like what you would think if someone offered you hamster chow. Daani's eyes widened, and her little nose crinkled. "Pjie?"

She scrambled back up on her stool, tail wrapping around a leg to anchor her safely. "jI'll trrrjy jit." She didn't sound very enthusiastic.

Sanis Prent
Apr 29th, 2002, 01:04:41 AM
Alright then

(my smile widened, as I righted my barstool. I nodded to the barkeep)

You guys got pecan pie?

(He looked around, and after a while, nodded)

I'll take a slice for me, and one for the little lady here. Oh yeah, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.

(He went to work, leaving us alone)

I remember this little old lady on Naboo, who made the best pecan pie in the entire galaxy. She worked a refugee kitchen, strangely enough.

Daanarri Raurrssatta
Apr 29th, 2002, 01:12:58 AM
Her nose twitched, wondering what sort of cooked monstrocity would be appearing for her to eat. "Naboo? Wherrre jisss that?"

Sanis Prent
Apr 29th, 2002, 01:24:27 AM
Its in the middle rim...about halfway across the galaxy from here. The other side of Coruscant.

(I popped out a small holocube, bringing up a tiny little map in front of her. I pointed into the hazy hologram, to a twinkling dot.)

This is where we are.

(I traced my finger down the spiraling arms of the miniature galaxy, pointing in the approximate location of Naboo)

And Naboo is around here.

Daanarri Raurrssatta
Apr 29th, 2002, 03:49:29 PM
Daani leaned closer to the holo, but it got hazier the closer she got to it, and harder to make out. She had a serious look on her face, and she "hmm hmmmed" very studiously. "jIt jisss verrrjy sssmall, jI thjink. Carrrssshouljisss jisss betterrr."

Something behind the counter caught her eye, and Daani leaned over the bar, tail in the air, peering over the opposite side and reaching with one hand for a shiny bottle.

Sanis Prent
Apr 29th, 2002, 04:10:10 PM
Whooa there...

(I intercepted the bottle the little tike had found, pulling it out of her grasp before she could get at what was inside. I flipped it around to see what she had found, and made a face.)

Ugh...

(Sky Vodka...definitely not kool aid. I turned to Daani, shaking my head)

You don't want this, trust me.

(I leaned back over, putting the bottle back where I found it)

Daanarri Raurrssatta
Apr 30th, 2002, 02:04:04 AM
Her eyes widened with childish outrage, and she pouted, crossing her arms across her chest. Daani looked at Sanis reproachfully, and her tummy growled again.

Sanis Prent
Apr 30th, 2002, 02:44:47 AM
How about the next best thing...

(I flagged down the barkeep, just as he brought two plates of pecan pie a la mode)

Thanks. Hey, how about two bottles of IBC.

(The barkeep nodded, leaving us to our pecan pie and ice cream. I took a quick spoonful of ice cream, with the piping hot pie, enjoying the first bite when the hot pie melted the ice cream in my mouth)

...awesome.

(I turned to Daani)

Well?

Daanarri Raurrssatta
Apr 30th, 2002, 02:49:58 AM
She took the spoon awkwardly in her hand, and imitated Sanis, scooping up some ice cream. Sniffing it, she then bit the white substance...and froze her teeth. She yelped, and reached for the drink the hyuu-mann had supplied.

Daani sipped the IBC, and then her eyes widened even more as a horrific fizzy bubbling exploded in her mouth.

Sanis Prent
Apr 30th, 2002, 02:53:23 AM
No...don't bite the ice cream. Let it melt in your mouth.

(As if she needed an example, I did it again)

Daanarri Raurrssatta
Apr 30th, 2002, 02:56:19 AM
Confused, she watched him with worried eyes, and then cautiously tried again. This time she got a bit of the steaming pie as well, and gingerly placed it in her mouth.

The heat of the pie combined with the cold of the ice cream, and her eyes lit up. Mouth full, she proclaimed, "jItsss good!" Spoon held hamfisted, she dug in for more.

Sanis Prent
Apr 30th, 2002, 03:01:24 AM
Yeah it is!

(I dug in for more, remembering years back, running supplies
in to Naboo. The pay wasn't amazing, but that little old lady always made a pecan pie. In some ways, I think it was worth its weight in credits. I never regretted taking the job for so little.

I washed it down with a fizzly gulp of IBC root beer, the faintest hint of frosty slush touching against my tongue as I drank. I smiled, sighing)

Carshoulis might be better than Naboo, but I doubt they've got anything like that.

Daanarri Raurrssatta
Apr 30th, 2002, 03:05:49 AM
Daani paused thoughtfully, and pointed out, "We have the Prrrjide Motherrr. And sajoji. jI ljike the sajoji betterrr than the Motherrr, though." Her voice lowered conspiratorially for the last sentance.

"jI alrrreadjy have one Motherrr...who needsss two?!" She grinned toothlessly as she finished off the last bite of her pie.

MARCUS v4
Apr 30th, 2002, 03:09:30 AM
A little pink cyllinder skittered across the counter, stopping in between Sanis and Daanarri. From its casing, it ejected two small white packets, holding them with its tiny manipulator arms

Would anybody like a moist towelette?

Marcus's visual receptors focused on Daani, as his microprocessor whirred

Oh. I did not know we had a visitor, Sanis.

The droid ejected another moist towelette pack.

Daanarri Raurrssatta
Apr 30th, 2002, 03:11:35 AM
Daani pounced on the droid, nearly sending her empty plate flying off the bar.

MARCUS v4
Apr 30th, 2002, 03:16:34 AM
Marcus skidded away, but not nearly fast enough, as he was pounced upon.

Oh my! I assure you, that will not be necessary. Please be careful, you will scratch my casing.

Daanarri Raurrssatta
Apr 30th, 2002, 03:18:48 AM
She shook the droid, trying to be careful, but overcome with curiousity. "What arrre jyou?" Daani prodded the photoreceptors with her fingers and tried to get the little arms to come out again.

MARCUS v4
Apr 30th, 2002, 03:31:11 AM
A sliding cover deftly protected the photoreceptors' lenses from being smudged by Daani's messy fingers. Marcus kept his composure as only a droid could.

I am Marcus, Sanis' droid assistant. Who might you be?

Daanarri Raurrssatta
Apr 30th, 2002, 03:37:36 AM
Daani placed the tiny droid on the bartop and put her chin on the surface as well, still peering at the peculiar little pink thing. "jI am..Daanarrrrrrji. jI'm a prrrjincessssss." She wasn't, of course, but this thing didn't need to know that.

She beamed, and sniffed the droid again.

MARCUS v4
Apr 30th, 2002, 03:39:40 AM
Oh. How do you do, then. A pleasure to meet you.

Marcus extended his small manipulator arms, teetering forward slightly as he performed the best simulation of a gentleman's bow as he could muster.

Daanarri Raurrssatta
Apr 30th, 2002, 03:42:20 AM
She giggled, shaking the droid's hand with her finger, and queried, "Do jyou ljike...pecan pjie and Nehji?"

MARCUS v4
Apr 30th, 2002, 09:31:58 PM
I'm afraid I don't. I am a droid, and do not require food or other sustenance, although an occasional oil bath does wonders for my efficiency rating.

Daanarri Raurrssatta
May 1st, 2002, 04:03:40 AM
Daani frowned, "jYou don't eat?!" She grabbed for a glass of water, and lifted it to her mouth over the top of the droid module.

It slipped out of her hand, and fell, splashing the droid, but not breaking the glass. Daani's eyes went wide. "Oopsss!"