PDA

View Full Version : A new face, a familiar surounding.

Jax Sentill
May 1st, 2002, 05:32:55 PM
A figure walked into the bar slowly glancing around. Another bar, another day. He had been in hundreds just like it. Didn't do much of anything else, did odd jobs to make money, travelling from one section of the universe to another. Then blew that money on booze. It hadn't always been like this though, once he was a respected business man, once he had a family. But that seemed like centuries ago. He sighed and took a seat at the end of the bar.

"Could I please get a beer?"

He said somewhat timidly, he had never really exerted himself in anything. Except in his drinking, the only thing he could do to forget what had happened.

Maia Shadoe Tharrinn
May 1st, 2002, 06:26:19 PM
Maia moved up to the bar ad ordered herself some fruit juice. Sitting in a stool she glanced over and smiled at the man next to her. A frown crept over her face at his sad and haggard appearance.

"Hello, is there something troubling you that I can help with." Maia asked softly. She rarely spoke to people she did not know but he looked so sad she could not help herself.
"My name is Maia and I'm a Jedi here. If you need to talk or need help of some kind I would be happy to help." She finished with a look of concern...

Jax Sentill
May 1st, 2002, 07:07:30 PM
He looked up from the bottom of his drink to a voice which seemed concerned. That was something he wasn't accustomed to. People at bars usually kept to themselves in his experience, or at least didn't bother with him. He usually got mere looks of pity if that. He sighed again, he really didn't know how to answer her question. She seemed so honest and caring, so real, but nothing could ever bring back his wife and nothing would ever stop his pain, nothing but the numbing effects of the alcohol he drowned himself in.

"Thank you, but no. There's nothing you can do for me."

He let the words out easily and sighed again heavily, going back to his drink.

Maia Shadoe Tharrinn
May 1st, 2002, 07:18:32 PM
Maia sighed sadly at the mans words. She could see that he was in need of help or perhaps a friend. She was usually a very shy person but this mans pain called to her. "Please sir, if not help than how about a friend, someone to talk to?" She said hopefully.

"I can promise you that I'm a good listener and an even better friend." She said with a soft smile. She had a feeling this man had reached the end of his rope and needed help badly...

Jax Sentill
May 1st, 2002, 07:30:37 PM
He sighed and shook his head sadly

"No, please. I don't want to think about that, or to talk about it. I... I just want to forget."

He almost cried silently into his glass as her prodding forced him to remember what had happened. Forced him to remember his wife's screams from inside their small antique shop, and the laughter of the men responsable. A group of hoodlums who had terrorized the local businesses on Tattoine, and he had been no different, they demanded to be payed in exchange for protection services. Some of the locals had begun to fight back against them, including his wife and himself, it was because of this they had decided to make an example out of him. It was because of his stand that he had lost everything, including his wife.

Maia Shadoe Tharrinn
May 1st, 2002, 07:42:02 PM
Maia nodded her head. A look of sadness washed over her face. Though she was a Jedi and could gently enter this mans thoughts she didn't. It had always been an intrusive act to her. At this moment she almost overcame her aversion to it ad did it anyway. His words though few seemed so lost and hurt.

"If you need to talk...ever I am here. I know you do not know me but as I said I make a good listener and a good friend if you need one." Maia sipped at her juice. Her eyes misted with tears. No matter how she tried to help it never seemed to work out. Her brother still walked the darkside after all of her useless pleas and now this man who seemed to be in need would not even talk to her. Maia began t wonder hat good she could offer to anyone as a Jedi.

Jax Sentill
May 1st, 2002, 07:47:32 PM
He sighed heavily. He hated to see someone seem so hurt, especially because he wasn't willing to talk.

"It was a long time ago... I lost someone very dear to me."

He looked down sorrowfully, hoping that if he were a tad more open he wouldn't cause this poor woman, who had only been trying to help him any more pain.

Maia Shadoe Tharrinn
May 1st, 2002, 07:55:12 PM
Maia looked at him her eyes widened at what she had done. "I'm so very sorry, I didn't mean to make you talk about something so painful." She sputtered. She to had lost people dear to her though they lived it might as well have been death that separated them. She to them no longer was alive.

Maia blushed a bright pink. She had not meat to make the man hurt by offering help and it seemed she had. Shaking her head she frowned. "I'm a bloody fool." She muttered under her breath. "Forgive me for intruding sir." She spoke softly her heart breaking for him.

Jax Sentill
May 1st, 2002, 08:01:13 PM
He looked up, and gave as much of a smile as he could.

"It's alright. I appreciate your concern, it's something I haven't seen much of in a long time. It's good to know there are still people who care."

Ryla Relvinian
May 1st, 2002, 10:00:37 PM
I heard the door open and close, turning my head as I watched a scruffy traveler enter and sit down at the counter. He seemed like a weight too great to bear had been placed on his back, his eyes sad and empty. This man had lost much.

I walked over to him. "Sir, I'm sorry If I'm out of place, but drinking will not erase the problems in your life." I motioned to the bartender to get me a hot tea, and took a sip before looking back at his face. "This is a Jedi bar, you know, and Jedi make good listeners."

Jax Sentill
May 1st, 2002, 10:05:44 PM
He looked over, another person who seemed concerned for him. It was almost too much to comprehend, how could there be so many caring people here?

"So she told me. Though I don't really understand... what are, Jedi?"

He had never left his home on Tattoine before the fire, and though he had heard rumors had never chose to listen to any of them.

Ryla Relvinian
May 1st, 2002, 10:53:01 PM
"We come from all sorts of backgrounds, all sorts of planets. We have one thing in common, and that is we are all Force sensitive. We hae dedicated our lifes to doing good and helping others. Some train as warriors, using Force powers to manipulate matter and energy, some as healers, using the Force to calm, nurture and soothe wounds."

Jax Sentill
May 2nd, 2002, 01:32:56 PM
He got quiet for a moment, rolling his glass between his hands slightly biting his lower lip

"And... which are you?"

Ryla Relvinian
May 2nd, 2002, 09:05:45 PM
"Well, mainly I teach others a little bit of everything. I like to train, it gives me a sense of purpose here, makes me feel like I'm doing something to help other people out."

Jax Sentill
May 2nd, 2002, 09:21:36 PM
He got quiet again, his sad expression returning. He had hoped her a healer, hoped she would have had something that would have helped heal the wounds he lived with.

Ryla Relvinian
May 2nd, 2002, 09:45:17 PM
I looked at his face again, hoping that I had not hurt him, but seeing immediately that he had returned to whatever in his mind that had been haunting him. Perhaps, I thought to myself, it might be better to let him alone for now...

"I'm sorry if I caused you pain in remembering something you don't wish to think on." I reached out to give him a gentle pat on the shoulder. Suddenly, I felt a jolt from him. I had just assumed that he was another drifter in the bar, never that he was force sensitive...

Jax Sentill
May 2nd, 2002, 09:51:08 PM
He looks at her as she seemed to jolt as she touched him

"What's wrong? Are.. are you alright?"

He said, his drinking suddenly being pushed aside as concern for her welfare filled him instead.

Ryla Relvinian
May 2nd, 2002, 09:52:22 PM
"Nothing, it's just... Well, I felt the force coming from you. Did you realize that you are force sensitive?"

Jax Sentill
May 2nd, 2002, 09:55:31 PM
He stared at her blankly, unsure at what she meant by that comment.

"What do you mean... Force Sensitive?"

Ryla Relvinian
May 3rd, 2002, 02:14:47 AM
"I meant that... that perhaps you could stay here and train with us, maybe learn to fight or heal? Maybe put some of your past behind you."

Jax Sentill
May 3rd, 2002, 07:55:49 PM
He rubbed his mouth slightly, unsure of what she was saying. It sounded so tempting, to be able to put his past behind him, to pull himself out of his world of drinking... was it possible?

"I want to move on... I do, and you say if I started training with the Jedi I could do this?"

It almost sounded to good to be true.

Ryla Relvinian
May 3rd, 2002, 08:04:32 PM
"That is one of the amazing things about this place. So many people, so many histories... so many of us have tragedies in our past, and this place has given us healing. I'm not guaranteeing anything, but I bet that you might just find something here to help you find a purpose in life, as I have, and many of my fellow Jedi have."

Jax Sentill
May 3rd, 2002, 08:10:40 PM
He stayed silent, oh if only he could bring himself to believe her. If only it were possible, he had hit rock bottom years ago, and since then had started digging. At this point even an impossable dream was better than where he was. He glanced back down at the brown liquid in the glass in front of him, before slowly taking the glass in his hand and turning it over, letting the liquid pour onto the floor.

"I accept. I want to heal, I want to be able to move on, to make something so much more out of my life, to pick up the pieces... please."

Ryla Relvinian
May 3rd, 2002, 08:28:59 PM
"Ok then. If you're serious about making a commitment, you can meet one of the masters here in the Recruitment Center. I can show you the way, if you'd like." I motioned towards the door.

Jax Sentill
May 3rd, 2002, 08:31:09 PM
He nodded and stood up.

"Yes please."

Ryla Relvinian
May 3rd, 2002, 08:33:46 PM
I grabbed my cloak and draped it about my shoulders, Motioning him out the door and towards the main Academy.

Jax Sentill
May 3rd, 2002, 08:35:36 PM
Follows behind her