PDA

View Full Version : Obsearving Those He Hates.... (Open)

Vice Hazzard
May 8th, 2002, 01:23:13 AM
Sitting in the darkest corner he could find, Vice pulled his hood further over his head. How he hated being around these cheery maniacs. Oh bother, some female recently got engaged. The gifts that were exchanged, the loving sentiments, it all made a vile taste in the back of his throat. Two Jedi, forever bonded, how disgustingly distasteful. Now, the bar seemed quieter and Vice could be at peace. He'd come here to learn more about his opponents but being in they're presence made him engulfed in fury. How one could be without emotion was beyond him.

OOC - No real story here. Open for anyone.

Jktal Anajii
May 8th, 2002, 02:02:49 AM
A grey-furred hand-like paw set a pint of beer before Vice, and the rest of the paw's owner came into view slowly as J'ktal sank into the seat opposite him, a tall, thin glass of brandy in his other paw.

For a moment the grey Nehantite said nothing, only looking out at the rest of the crowd with his icy pink eyes. Then he turned his view back to Vice and pulled one of his long locks of headfur back out of his face. "I find a drink helps calm the nerves." He finally said in a cold voice, one not accustomed to saying kind or encouraging words. Sipping his brandy lightly, the Nehantite continued, "You come to a public place and wish to be alone. I must say, this intruiges me."

J'ktal Anajii was a cool beast, his temper always in check unless he wished to loose it on someone, and his face seemingly molded in grim deadpan. But his eyes, cold and pink like frozen rosebuds, seemed to pierce into minds and hearts, never glancing around, but always on what he wished to look at. His grey fur and asture gark gray uniform only added to his polished impiteous appearance.

Azhure Darkstone
May 8th, 2002, 02:52:29 AM
::Azhure felt a darkness at a corner and saw two males in a dark place, one human looking and the other humanoid. A sith? She turned back to her drink, staying aware of him out of curiosity, but also not disturbing him. Why would a sith be in a jedi bar anyway, unless he was sizing up competition. She smiled at the bartender and called for another drink as she pushed her empty glass away::

Vice Hazzard
May 8th, 2002, 02:59:29 AM
Vice took one look at the mug, then looked away, never accepting, denying, or showing interest.

"You must be easily intruiged."

Vice brought his hand to the mug and accepted it finally. He pulled it near. The Sith was content to simply run his index finger around the rim.

"I wish to be a silent vigil. This is only because of the disgusting traits of most people, mainly Jedi. How they can be so forthright with their belief of emotional calmness one minute and next be spouting words of unbridled enthusiasm and joy is beyond me."

Jktal Anajii
May 8th, 2002, 03:10:02 AM
"Emotions," J'ktal replied, "Are a curious thing. And I am easily intruiged when I have the mind to be."

Taking a pause and a sip of his brandy, he did not look out to the others in the bar, but kept his eyes locked on Vice. "Jedi are interesting to me as well, though I have no affliation with the, Them, or their darker counterpart. Some believe emotions to be a sign of weakness, and entangle thougts in the heat of action. In some cases, they are right, but emotion can also be an effective tool. Calm is a tool, it lets you process thoughts faster and with little ensarement by other feelings. My sect is trained in the field of emotions like few others I know." He sat straight in his seat, polishing off the last of his brandy.

His rank was called Death-Shadow, an elite force of pilots and soldiers. Assassins, spies, diplomats,a nd warriors, they were trained form birth in the arts of politics, death, and deceit, but were not inherently evil. J'ktal was a prime example of his specialized breed, cold and uncompassionate so much that it was thought he posessed no feelings, but in fact he controlled them so well that he did not often expess them. His face folded oddly when he smiled, for it was not used to flexing in happy directions.

Oriadin
May 8th, 2002, 08:20:59 AM
Oriadin was sat in the bar minding his own business when a feeling of cold hit him. This was a new feeling to him. He looked around the room and two grim looking characters caught his eye. He drank up the last of his ice water and decided hed introduce himself. Having no idea of what he was letting himself in for. Oriadin moved through the bar and stood next to the two grim looking strangers.

--Hi, my name is Oriadin. I sense a lot of bad feeling comming from this side of the room, is everything ok?--

Oriadin seemed very calm and cool. He spoke confidently to the two beings before him.

Sejah Haversh
May 8th, 2002, 05:27:18 PM
Unnexpectedly, J'ktal slid over on his seat in the booth and indicated for Oriadin to join them. "Have a seat, padawan, perhaps you can help us." He spoke in a civil tone, though his voice was still cold out of habit.

"My aquaintence here seems to have a problem with how Jedi are able to express good emotions, and I am not much help to him for I ahve been taught to repress mine," He explained, even if it was going to get Vice angry, "Maybe you could enlighten us, somehow."

Lady Vader
May 8th, 2002, 05:38:29 PM
*LV stepped through the bar, removing her hood and shaking the small droplets of water from it. A light mist hung in the air outside, making a draft crawl into the room as the door was opened and closed behind her.*

*With a cold smile, she reliquished her lightsaber at the door near the guard, and stepped into the bar, making her way towards the bar's main counter. As she walked, she turned her head to the side as an all too familier dark presence swept over her in a subconcious greeting. Her eyes fell upon her Apprentice and she nodded her head in his direction, never stopping her stride and eventually reaching the bar to order a drink.*

*She pondered how her Apprentice would handle the company he held at his table. She could tell by Vice's stance that he wished to be alone. Obviously the others had not quite gotten the message. She shrugged inwardly as her drink was passed to her. Turning with glass in hand, she leaned against the counter, sipping her drink. For now, it would be best to watch.*

Vice Hazzard
May 9th, 2002, 12:35:48 AM
Vice looked the Jedi up and down...

"He can't help me. Not even if I was seeking help. All Jedi are blinded by the wool their Masters have pulled over their eyes. It is best if this doesn't speak, for it might provoke me into killing him."

The Sith turned to this other creature, the one who presumed that he could be friendly with Vice.

"You are pushing you're luck as well. I will not tolerate preaching of emotional devoid."

Jktal Anajii
May 9th, 2002, 02:07:51 AM
"Preach?" The word rolled off J'ktal's tongue like tepid water, "When did I preach? I stated what I know, that is not preaching. And it pleases me to have the Jedi here, so he shall stay. It also pleases me to test my luck with those who have short tempers, so I shall stay." He stilted one eyebrow as he said that, still sitting straight in his seat as if a board were lashed to his spine.

"And what exactly is this wool you speak of? From my research, Jedi training is a rather dull thing, not one filled with big words and grand illusions, but simple teachings and lessons. When it comes to stories and falsery in schooling, I find that the Sith are far moore guilty of this." Pausing to look at Oriadin, he then turned back to Vice and continued, "But I do find some of the Jedi was to be rather naive in nature."

Oriadin
May 9th, 2002, 05:31:06 AM
Oriadin listend to the two talking. He felt a little out of place and perhaps out of his depth now but he decided he made the effort to come over so he would stay, for now. If nothing else this could be a good learning expierience for him.

Oriadin sat down where Sejah Haversh had made space for him. He looked briefly at all sitting around him then looked up at Vice.

--For a Jedi, there is no emotion. There is Peace. We seek no such things as hate or revenge. They are emotions the galaxy does not need. We seek to better ourselves through knowledge. As Jedi we are here to preserve life and to protect the galaxy. To do this we have to block out our emotions.--

Jktal Anajii
May 10th, 2002, 10:47:49 AM
"Interesting," J'ktal commented, looking at Vice for a moment before speaking further, "And how well do you think most Jedi are able to 'block out' their emotions, padawan? I know it is easier when trained form childhood, but many who join now are adults, or at least young adults. Can you explain to us how effective this can be accomplished?"

Though he was speaking to Oriadin, J'ktal continued to face Vice. As most Death-Shadows went, J'ktal was good at questioning, but he was a bit unorthodox in his ways, occasionally.

Oriadin
May 10th, 2002, 11:01:26 AM
Oriadin thought this was a very good question and thought about an answer before he began to think.

--Jedi are taken on as young children as far as possibel. The younger they are the better. As people get older they gradually go through life using emotions and having feelings. The younger you can take someone on the more chance you have of teaching them to act on what is right, rather than acting on impulse and emotion. It is true that many Jedi here are trained from a much older age but I belive if they are disaplined enough and go under the right guidence then blocking out your emotions can be done. Its not easy, but being a Jedi never will be.

Evil Hobgoblin
May 12th, 2002, 10:12:45 PM
A short creature hopped up to stand on the barstool next to Lady Vader and kissed her noisily on the cheek. "Aye, lass, 'tis good t'see ye here!" Hob cried loudly. "When was our last meetin', eh? Many moons ago, unless old Hob's keen mind has failed him!"

Hob then plopped himself down on the barstool and grinned up at her like a child that has done something for which it should be punished in such a manner that it thinks it will not be.

Vice Hazzard
May 13th, 2002, 01:43:58 AM
"Fools!"

Vice pushed over the table, sending the liquid ontop of the furniture to go spilling across the floor.

"Never, ever, ever, speak of the Jedi in front of me in such a manner. I wish not to know you're pratices! The fact I know of you what I do is a source of much discomfort! Now, leave me or I shall drain the life out of both your bodies."

Jktal Anajii
May 13th, 2002, 04:04:40 AM
J'ktal sat still in his seat lookign only with his eyes at the upturned table, then back to Vice.

"I believe you would find that a very difficult task, sir." was all he said, his voice still and cold.

Oriadin
May 13th, 2002, 06:45:38 AM
Oriadin was startled at the tipping over of the table. He sensed that Jktal was not at all impressed by this action. He then looked at Vice.

--There is much anger in you, that much is obvious. There is no need for such actions though.--

Oriadin stood up and began to pick the table back up which lay across the floor.

--Let me get you something to drink and maybe we can both be civilised and have a chat. What do you say?--

Oriadin looked at Vice with sincerity. The drink, was clearly a peace offering. He spoke with a soft but convincing tone.

Azhure Darkstone
May 19th, 2002, 02:00:50 AM
::Azhure watched the reaction of the sith, the anger. A short wire. If he was going to kill any jedi he'd have to get through to her and the other jedi around here first. She got up, stretched and sat back down, sipping her drink leasurely::

If you do anything in a jedi bar, Im afraid it will be you who ends up with the life drained out of your body. Not that we would enjoy it, but you are threatening a jedi

::She said no more, and made her voice seem like it came from everywhere in his mind, but watched him carefully for a while yet::

Vice Hazzard
May 19th, 2002, 02:10:22 AM
Hearing the thoughts in his head, he didn't know where they came from. Clearly, this was not his own thoughts, they were... odd in his brain. The work of a Jedi do-gooder no doubt. For a moment Vice pondered if that wasn't a contridiction of Jedi ethics.

For a moment he considered the possibility of him killing each and everyone of the beings in the bar. His ego made him think this possible. Then, a devilish thought occured to him. He had a Jedi here setting out to please him. A bit of fun perhaps?

"I am still upset," he said in his best 'spoiled brat' voice. "I require a food of some kind before I can forgive you."

OOC - I'm assuming your speaking telepathiclly to me. Correct? :)

Oriadin
May 20th, 2002, 04:46:02 AM
Oriadin gave a smiled look of wonder, as if he was trying to work Vice out. He senced greed and he sensed anger within Vice. He thought for a moment.

--How about we work together on this? I'll get you something to eat if you tell me a bit about yourself. Tell me what it is that makes you angry and why.--

Azhure Darkstone
May 20th, 2002, 09:22:05 PM
OOC:Yep. telepathically.