PDA

View Full Version : Second shot. (padawans encouraged)

Sejah Haversh
May 6th, 2002, 02:58:29 AM
His sandal strap decided the second step up to the door of the Bar and Grill was a good time to snap again. Over the lat year he had repaired it ineumerable times, but never got around to replacing the pair of sturdy sandals. Stooping to one knee, Sejah tied it as best as he could and then wiggled his footpaw around to ensure it wasn't a completely uncomfortable fix.

Satisfied, the brown-furred Nehantite rose to a stand and resumed his entry, pausing at the door and respectfully handign over his light saber to the new doorman even before he asked for it. Normally he carried a kris as well, but decided there was little need for it in so well-guarded a place. Nodding and smiling, Sejah passed through the alcove and into the always busy Bar and Grill for the second time, the first being the day before, and quite a disaster.

The first trip had taught him to keep an eye out, and that was just what he did, scanning the establishment with his pink eyes, and looking for a good place to sit. A young boy sat at one table with a hefty book, in another corner was an older man surrounded by a few children of various species, and one little fuzzy creature as well. The bar seemed to house enough seats for the regulars, and at the occasional table he saw a person in darker colors, usually reflecting their alignment with the universe. Sejah took note of their faces, and his first impressions of them. Some he had seen at the lunchtime outbreak of violencethe previous day, but most he had not.

When a droid prompted him, Sejah followed it to a small table, not quite out of the way, but not in the normal path of traffic of patrons and staff. Taking a seat, and tucking his tail to the side so that he did not sit on it, the mongoose looked at the menu he had been given and then back up, a look of slight worry on his face. "Excuse me, droid?" He asked tenatively, catching it's attention before it was out of politeness range, "Could I have a different menu? One with," He paused, glancing at the laminated folder in his paw, then back to the droid, "One with some pictures of the food on it? I had one yesterday, and I liked it better."

With a few mechanical bleeps and whirrs, his menu was replaced with another, and the droid wheeled off, muttering something about picky customers. But Sejah hadn't been picky, he had only made a request that was almost necessary in his case. Sipping on a glass of water that was put on his table, the padawan-to-be looked over everythign on the menu, deciding what he should have for breakfast.

Life among so many different species would be a difficult change, especially with so many of them posessing special powers or insight. Even the young boy with the book he had seen seemed to be held in a level of respect that most patrons didn't get. It would take time, and experience, but Sejah decided for himself that he would somehow get used to it. At least he now knew what had made him stand out at home, and it hadn't been natural talent. Still, he glanced at the photographs of what the grill ahd to offer, pondering just what he would try.

Natia Lerf
May 7th, 2002, 11:33:11 AM
*Natia, a 7 year old girl, decided to do her best to get over a problem of her past. She was sitting at table by herself when a stranger came in. Knowing that no one would hurt her in here, she got up with the assisntance of her crutches and uses them to hobble over to the new person. After taking a look at him she speaks up in a quiet voice*

The pizza here is good.

*Natia turns her ice blue eyes to the newcomer and forces a smile on her face so she doesn't seem hostile since she's not. She then takes a seat across the table from him, leaning her crutches against the side of the table*

And for a beverage, I recommend the pop. Both are good here.

Sejah Haversh
May 7th, 2002, 02:46:50 PM
At first Sejah couldn't see where the voice was coming from, but when he tipped his menu down, Natia's face came into view. He hadn't expected a young girl to come speak to him, but her smile quickly became contagious, one breakign out across his muzzle as well, and his pink eyes sparkling lightly.

"Hello there, young girl," he nodded to her as he spoke, "Pizza you say?" He paused, looking at the pictures on his menu to see if it could somehow jog his memory as to what the food was, but it was no help. Looking back up, he admitted, a bit embarassedly, "Um, I am not from around here, and I don't know what this 'pizza' is," Spinning his menu around, he slid it in front of her and continued, "Could you perhaps point it out to me?"

The smile on his face brightned with his request, and then he added, "And my name is Sejah, who might you be, little lady?"

Kaman Jeris Deliai
May 7th, 2002, 04:46:36 PM
Kaman saw the energetic young girl, Natia, talking to one of the GJO's newest arrivals. He seemed nice, so Kaman decided to introduce herself. She tucked a bit of her short blonde hair behind her ear. She approached.

"Hello Natia. Hello Sejah. I'm Kaman Jeris Deliai. You can just call me Kaman."

She looked over Sejah's shoulder...

"Pizza, eh? I see. Well, pizza is the kind of stuff that younger people in their childhood and teen years consume large amounts of. It usually includes something from every group of food. Personally, I like cheese pizza. Just crust, tomato sauce, and some cheeses. Simple, yet very good. You can put pretty much any ingredient on a pizza that you desire, to suit your tastes."

Sejah Haversh
May 7th, 2002, 05:02:41 PM
Craning his neck to look up at Kaman from his seated position, Sejah nodded as she explainded what pizza was. Glancing pack to the menu, he tried to piece together what she ahd said and what was in the images, finally locating it and pointign to the right one, "You mean like this?" He asked, genuinely curious. It looked decently appetizing, and so he shrugged his shoulders and said, "That looks good, I think I will get that. And Since you said you like this 'cheese pizza'. I will try that." He smiled, happy that he was able to make an order of a new food.

As a droid passed by, the brown mongoose waved it over and pointed to the picture of the cheese pizza and said, "I will have this, the cheese pizza. And, do you have grape Nehi?" He asked, rewarded with yes. "Then I will have one of those as well.

Looking back to the others, he posed, "Would you like a Nehi, too? I don't have much money, but I should be able to afford that."

Natia Lerf
May 8th, 2002, 11:29:01 AM
*Natia looks up at the sound of Kaman's voice, a small look of relief on her face as she sees Kaman standing there*

My name is Natia. And ppl of any age eat pizza. I just happen to really like it because when I was living at home with my real Father, I never got it except when I could find it, never mind. You wouldn't be interested in hearing details from my past, but still, pizza is great. Hawaiian pizza is better then cheese pizza. It as more flavour to it.

*Natia tilts her head slightly to one side*

What is Nehi??

Kaman Jeris Deliai
May 8th, 2002, 02:37:17 PM
Kaman considers the Nehi. She orders cheese pizza as well, and the Nehi.

"I figure if you're trying pizza, I should try a Nehi."

As they're waiting, the wonderful smell of pizza fills the air.

"Mmm. The smell of the food makes me even more hungry. Enough that I now realize how much i've been ignoring my stomach. I should make more time to eat in my schedule. So Sejah, what kind of foods do you enjoy? I'd like to hear about what you would normally eat."

Sejah Haversh
May 8th, 2002, 05:13:14 PM
With Natia's suggestion of this 'hawiian' type of pizza, Sejah made sure to change his order from just plain cheese to that, then he turned back to the others who had found his table.

Smiling at Natia, he explained, "Nehi is a type of soda pop that has a really good grape flavor. It was introduced to my world when I was eleven, and I have loved it since, though it is quite hard to find. I think you'll like it."

Making sure the droid would bring three bottles of Nehi, Sejah excused it and then looked at Kaman as he tried to think of what his favorite foods were, and those he also ate most commonly. Scratching the back of his neck where the fur was rubbing against his collar, the brown mongoose replied, "Well, like any world, we have many kinds of foods, and also like most worlds what you eat is sort of dictated by what class you're in, too. My family house was of little importance in the grand structure, so I was pretty close to the bottom, but I still ahd a good choice of what I wanted. We had a lot of vegetables and fruits, and most every meal had a bread of some kind. Sure, we had fast food like you know it, and frozen dinners too, which I survived on for a while, but if I could choose what I wanted, it would always bee a good grilled slab of cobra steak, though adder was good, but not quite as flavorful."

He could see the look on their faces as he mentioned eating snake, and his mouth hung open in sudden regret of having not thought more. Seeing as he knew he would get questions, he decided to elaborate, "The snakes on Nehantish are different than most, at least a few species are. Cobra is a delicacy, mainly because it is so hard to kill. A king cobra can grow up to two hundred feet in length, and could swallow me whole. they are dnagerous game to hunt, and adders are almost as bad. But they have been a staple food in our diet for thousands of years. It used to be that each male had to track and kill a snake before he would be admitted as an adult, but that was left behind hundreds of years ago."

Natia Lerf
May 9th, 2002, 11:17:07 AM
*Natia just raises an eyebrow as Sejah mentions eating Cobra. She immediatly starts asking questions, almost as if she is used to eating snake herself*

How do you prepare Cobra meat?? Is it really chewy?? Or is it soft and tender?? Do you ever ship Cobra meat off planet to sell?? Or is it kept on your homeworld just for you guys?? How do you deal with the head of the Cobra?? Do you eat it or do you just throw it out??

*Natia suddenly stops asking questions, knowing she shouldn't ask that many all at once, but she is curious on how they deal with snakes for food where Sejah is from. She then mumbles and/or whispers*

Sorry

Sejah Haversh
May 9th, 2002, 03:33:59 PM
Sejah couldn't help but laugh at Natia's questions. Shaking hsi head, the mongoose replied, "My, my, but aren't you full of questions for such a little girl? Don't be sorry, most people would eb afraid to as what you just did, I think."

Clearing hsi throat, Sejah then explained, "Cobra meat, like all snake meat, is much like beef, only a bit tougher. A snake's muscles are some of the most developed in the universt, so the meat is naturally low in fat and a bit tough. But cooked right, it can be quite tender. Like beef, it can be roasted, grilled, ground, broiled, and whatever else you could imagine, and has a flavor a bit twangier than beef, I've found."

Pausing as their drinks came, Sejah set the rim of the cap on his bottle agaisnt the edge of the table and brought his other paw down swiftly on it, popping the little crown of silver off the top of his bottle with ease before catchign the lid, and then taking a sip. "Ahh, love this stuff. Now, where was I? Oh yeah. Because Nehantish is the only world we know of with so large a species of snake, it is not exported, and there is actually an embargo on export of snakemeat from the surface that is strictly enforced. The head is not thrown away, for it contains the muscle that expands the hood, a meat I have only had once, for it is considered a true delicacy. The skin is taken off in one large sheet, and is processed for use in many applications, often clothing or protective gear. In olden days, the scale was hardened and used in layers like armor. It is the only part of the snake we do export intact, it evidently brings a good sum of money from fashion designers." He smiled, pausing to take another drink.

"We also use the bones for many different things, and the venom is collected and stored for use in medicinal ways, as well as weapons, still. The fangs are often cleaned up and sold, occasionally being shaped into knives. My brother used to have an adder-fang knife a long time ago, I think."

Natia Lerf
May 10th, 2002, 01:18:12 PM
*Natia listens with intense curiosity as she listens to Sejah explain about the Cobra and what they do with it*

That's really interesting. I knew there were many uses for different parts of snakes, but I never realized that it could have that many uses.

*Natia over the last little while has been growing visibly comfortable sitting here and talking with Sejah which is rare for her to do*

I hope you don't mind that I am asking all these questions. I like learning new things and the only way I can think of doing this is by asking questions.

Sejah Haversh
May 10th, 2002, 01:40:41 PM
"Oh, not at all," Sejah replied, then taking a drink from his soda, "I am glad to have some company. And when your planet has serpents of that size, you sort of have to find uses for them."

He would ahve continued on, but their pizzas arrived, and Sejah looked at his dumbfounded, unsure of how to eat it. IT was larger than he ahd expected, and cut into wedges from the whole.

Looking back up to Natia, he asked a question to kill some time to see if he could learn how toi eat this 'hawaiian pizza' by watching Kaman eat her cheese variety. "Natia, Might I ask why you are here? It is not often I see children without parents nearby, especially those on crutches. Speaking of which, how much longer are you to be on them? I broke my ankle when I was a teen, and was on a set of crutches for some time."

Natia Lerf
May 11th, 2002, 11:02:52 AM
*Natia smiles as the pizza's arrive. She looks at Sejah and smiles even more. Thinking that he probably won't mind if she has a slice of the pizza, she picks up a slice, making sure Sejah can see how she's holding it while she picks it up and how she's holding it while she takes a bite from it. She does this more to save Sejah from feeling embarressed about not knowing how to eat pizza*

I'm a padawan at the Academy. It's the only place that I live now that things have gotten good for me. My real parents, both of them are dead. My real Mother died when I was born and my real Father died when I was 4. More or less ever since I have been on my own. I know have adopted parents, but they want me to be happy so I can more or less do what I want to but it has to be within reason.

*Natia looks down at the table and then back up at Sejah*

I have ben on these crutches since I was about 4 1/2. I'm almost 8 now and I'll probably be on them for the rest of my life.

*Natia knowing full well that Sejah is going to ask why she's on them next answers the question before it is even asked*

I had an accident when I was 4 1/2 and I am as healed from it as I ever will be. The doctors tried to get me in a hoverchair but I refused since I didn't want to be labled as handicapped, just injured which is how it is with crutches.

I can not walk without the assistance from my crutches though I am lucky enough to be able to stand without them but I have to keep myself perfectly still.

Sejah Haversh
May 13th, 2002, 03:58:17 AM
Sejah tried to disguise his watching of Natia as she picked up a piece of the pizza and took a bite, but he didn't do very well. Reachign out, he carefully picked up a slice as she had, and then pulled a few strands of stretching cheese until they were no longer a problem. It smelled appetizing, and he was hungry, so the mongoose took a bite, careful not to get any sauce on the fur around his mouth.

Chewing lightly at first, then getting into it, Sejah nodded and smiled in approval of the new food, takign another bite before washign it down with a swig of Nehi and then adressing Natia once more.

"Your story is one of sadness, I'm sorry for that. I lost my father when I was young, and then my older brother as well. I know what it is like to lose family. And I admire your courage to go through life on those instead of in a chair. Have you ever considered bracing systems?" He asked, then taking another bite and swallowing before he continued, "I know there are a variety of bracing systems, and even a few with hydraulic assistance systems. They allow you to walk almost normally, and some can even be hidden beneath clothing."

When he saw the look he was getting, he quickly explained, "I had a pupil who had been hit by a car when he was nine, and used a hydraulic bracing system to allow him to walk again. There are also doctors out there who will perform muscle and nerve replacements, or even bionic systems. I once new a man who had his entire arm muscles replaced with bionic motor relays, and you couldn't tell from the outside at all."

Natia Lerf
May 13th, 2002, 12:54:42 PM
*Natia tries to hide the smile she gets on her face as she quite openly watches Sejah take his first bite out of the pizza. As he does this, she takes another bite out of her slice*

You have nothing to be sorry for Sejah. The life I had is the one I had. I am no longer under the torture of my real Father so I am happy now. I never knew my real Mother and as for my real Father, no tears were lost when he was killed. My real Father was not a well like person back home and there was a bit of celebrating when he was killed. And the person who killed him was the guest of honour at the party that was held. At that time I was able to participate but if that were to happen again, I would not be able to participate like I would like to.

*Natia listens to Sejahs explaniation of the hydraulic assistance systems with a slight smile on her face*

Having one of those would be a major help to me. I just wish I could afford one but with my luck, even if I could get a set of them, they would probably break on me when I nee them the most.

As for muscle and nerve replacements, they would have to replace almost every muscle and nerve in my legs and at least half my back in hopes of me being able to walk at least slowly without the crutches.

Again you speak of things which I would never be able to afford. And besides, I have to go in for surgery every year on my ankles and I will have to until I am an adult. All my money goes to that one surgery which I have to have each year.

But thank-you for the suggestion.

Sejah Haversh
May 14th, 2002, 12:31:14 AM
Pulling his cheek lightly in regret for having brought the subject up after hearing her answer, Sejah took another bite of pizza to stall himself from having to answer immidiately.

Mulling over a response as he chewed, Sejah finally came up with something. "I know what it's like not having much money. I never made much where I came from, often having to work multiple jobs. But I made it this far, so I guess I'm doing alright." He was reluctant to ask more about her past; she had allready volunteered a fair amount of information,a nd it would be rude to pry, so he didn't. Instead he decided to change topics and moved in his seat as he did so.

"So, how long does it usually take for a master to pick you? I'm just curious, is all. I hope I'm accepted; I don't have enough for passage back home." he chuckled as if it were a joke, even though it was the very real truth.

Loki Ahmrah
May 14th, 2002, 09:57:08 AM
Loki had been watching the odd-looking individual chat with his good friend, Natia at the table. He smiled inwardly, her confidence was growing day by day and suffice to say, it was impressive to see her voluntarily approach an individual, especially a man at that. The smell of fresh pizza poured out from the kitchen as the droid scuttled over to them both.

Quietly he sat thinking for a moment, until an idea popped into his head and he grinned to himself. He took out a pen and scribbled on a large piece of paper in big, bold letters. He dropped down from his seat, holding the piece of paper and cautiously navigated his way around the tables and chairs until he was as close as he could get without being noticed. Then he fell to his hands and knees and crawled over to where Natia sat, he dropped the piece of paper under the table, at her feet then pulling on her shoe slightly, he scurried away.

When she looked down, the message on the paper read: "JUST GO ALONG WITH IT!"

By the time she had looked up Loki was standing uprighht, just behind Sejah and was wearing a big, cheeky grin as he delivered a knowing wink. Hopefully she wouldn't give the game away.

"Ahem!" Loki interrupted once Sejah had finished speaking. The little boy came and stood beside the individual sat with Natia and began to speak in a calm, professional manner, "Allow me to introduce myself, I'm Master Ahmrah of this Jedi Order. You have been appointed as my Padawan Learner. Welcome to Arcan IV, Mister...?"

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 14th, 2002, 10:43:50 AM
Sejah, if you do wish to learn here, you will. You won't be sent off so don't worry, you will get a Master in good time.

*Natia receives a note on her lap and without even moving visibly except one hand to her lap, she opens up the note and glances down. A slight smile appears on her face as she quickly glances around the room and spots who she was looking for but does nothing about*

It takes any where from a couple of minutes to a couple of days for you to get a Master. I got mine shortly after I arrived. The first person I met here is now my adopted Mother and she takes real good care of me.

*Natia keeps a happy look on her face and seeing as how she comes from a culture which is observant of body language and voices, she keeps herself under control as Loki announces to Sejah that he is a Master and has been assigned to teach Sejah*

Sejah Haversh
May 14th, 2002, 02:12:53 PM
Smiling at Natia's reassurance that he wouldn't be turned away, Sejah was about to take another bite when Loki cleared his throat as noisily as a nine-year-old boy could, and then introduced hismelf as a Jedi Master.

Clearing his own throat a bit and spinning to see Loki better, Sejah sat straight in his seat and tried to make the best possible first impression. His eyes, which has been ready to look up, suddenly found themselves perplexed, and he looked the boy over quizzically before regaining his composure and introducing himself. "Sejah Haversh, Master Ahmrah. Thank you,...sir."

It took him a moment to bring himself to use the term 'sir' for Loki, a bit confused as to how so young a boy could be a master, but remembering seeing him around with his books before, so what he said must have been true. Though it was still hard for him to imagine that Loki would be his master."

"I am eager to learn what you can teach me."

Gav Mortis
May 14th, 2002, 02:32:55 PM
"And there is much to teach, my young Padawan!" Came the boy's reply, holding back a grin. He noticed his "aprentice's" glances, the prank was working better than he had expected - in fact he had not expected it to work at all. He gave Sejah a look of curiosity then gave a heavy sigh, shaking his head a little.

"Judge me by my size, do you?" He asked, resisting the temptation to immitate Master Yoghurt's voice, that would've gave the game away.

Sejah Haversh
May 14th, 2002, 02:41:19 PM
Though it was a joke, Loki was playing it well and so Sejah still couldn't tell. Though his throat was a bit dry, he held off taking another drink form his Nehi and replied to his new "master's" question,

"As a man, yes, but I have seen youth with exceptional skill before as a teacher myself, so I am not entirely surprised, if that is what you mean."

Garfife, how stupid did that sound? Why don't I just say, 'Hey, look, I'm an idiot!' instead... he thought,

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 16th, 2002, 09:56:41 AM
*Natia watches the exchange between Loki and Sejah, keeping her face with a neutrl expression as she continues to eat her slice of pizza since she doesn't want to give her friend away. After a moment she glances up and smiles at Loki*

Hello Master Loki. I hope you are well today.

Loki Ahmrah
May 19th, 2002, 10:57:00 AM
"As well as can be expected, dear Natia."

Loki's voice was calm but warm, he took a seat quietly then looked towards Sejah. He nodded when he answered his question and soon enough, the little boy found himself slipping comfortably into the role of a master; he used characteristics of Master Yoghurt and Master Hicchoru and occasionally he would use a couple of choice quotes from their respective repertoires.

"So, my young padawan," He began, "Could you enlighten me somewhat about who you are and why you have came to the Jedi Order?"

He was quiet for a second, then before Sejah could answer he smiled and said, "Let's begin with your name!"

Sejah Haversh
May 19th, 2002, 02:09:49 PM
"Young Padawan?" Sejah nearly balked, "No offense, but I am more than twice your age, sir." He tried to cover his first statement with, but still found it possibly insulting.

Loki was troubling him, for Sejah could swear he had never heard the boy referred to as a Master before, and had thought that he was a Padawan. But the question about his name again was what set his mind at ease. Perhaps he, too could have a little fun with the conversation.

Taking a sip of his Nehi, the mongoose relaxed in his seat and began to answer Loki's questions. "My name is Sejah Al'Jazhaar Haversh, and I come form the planet of Nehantish. I was found by a Jedi as I taught one of my fencing classes,a dn he pulled me aside, tellign me that I might be in touch with the Force. After that, I booked passage to here, and here I am, Master Ahmrah."

Loki Ahmrah
May 19th, 2002, 03:25:17 PM
"Ah, but you are young in the ways of the Force!" Loki recovered rather quickly.

He listened with great interest to Sejah's story; the young padawan loved to hear about people's backgrounds, their origins and whatnot. In the six months he has spent with the Jedi Order, he has grown in confidence when approaching new faces and is now somewhat a people person.

Whilst Sejah was speaking, a service droid wheeled up to the table and delivered to Loki, the glass of water he had ordered earlier. Taking a sip, the fresh-faced boy looked up to his new acquaintance and pondering on what he had been told began to speak.

"Sejah Al-" He hesitated, his nose wrinkled and eyes narrowed in thought, then fumbling for the right words he finished rather doubtfully, "-Zarversha?"

With embarressment he hurried on, not waiting to be corrected.

"Ah so you're a keen swordsman!" He said with intrest, growing quickly into excitement, "That's terrific! You'll have to teach me with a lightsaber sometime!"

Loki nearly choked on his words in shock realising what he had said, it could bring the prank to a premature end. Thinking on his feet he added, "Well-well of course...you must have a technique unlike any seen here before and I would very much like to take inspiration from your own...to umm...add to my own swordsman...ship!"

"What planet did you say you were from? I don't believe I've heard of it before," he added in an attempt to swiftly change the subject.

Sejah Haversh
May 19th, 2002, 03:36:33 PM
The facade Loki had been holding hup was not only cracking, but crumbling and pieces of it were falling to the floor, revealing the truth behind it.

Sitting straighter in his chair, Sejah's mouth lightly curled into a thin smile as he saw that not all was as it was put before him. In a more confident voice, he replied, "Al'Jazhaar Haversh, and I am but still learning the lightsaber myself, so I believe it will be some time before I cna teach you in it what I know."

Takign a drink of his Nehi, Sejah continued, "My planet is Nehantish, far form here and not known for much. A desert world. Out main exports are oil and glassware. Is ther anything else you would like to know, Master?"

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 21st, 2002, 10:14:51 AM
*Natia has a hard time keeping a straight face during this conversation between her friend Loki and the newcomer Sejah, but through years of experiance, she manages to keep her face straight and no sign of the trouble she is having keeping it straight. She looks from Loki to Sejah and wishes that Loki knew her favoured form of communication because she wants to say a private word to him but since he doesn't know it, she will just have to keep quiet and to herself again which is nothing unsual at all*

Salemn Lysce
May 22nd, 2002, 01:36:53 AM
This was most amusing. The girl watched from a distance, her keen sense of hearing allowing her to hear everything. At Loki's little slip-up with the lightsabre, a mischevious grin spread across her face. Making her way over to the "gathering", the mute padawan spoke through the Force.

Greetings, Sir Loki. I see that you are faring well today. This must be your new apprentice ! Hello, my name's Salemn. I must say, you're very lucky to be taught under this fine Jedi. He's a legend, y'know !

Salemn flashed a smile in Sejah's direction then glanced at Natia.

Hello there .. I see you're becoming alot more adjusted.

Sejah Haversh
May 22nd, 2002, 01:42:01 AM
Though she hadn't meant to hurt him, Sejah suddenly grabbed his skull as if he had a massive headache instantly, fir that was exactly what happened. When Salem cast out ehr message, it hit Sejah's animalistic brain like a flying brick, then resounded in his ears as if she were screamign it through a megaphone on full blast.

Once it was over, Sejah breathed hard, and held his temples, "Ouch, what was that? It , it sounded like a voice, but that hurt!"

(OOC-It's not your fault, Salem, you didn't know it would do that to him. That's one of Sejah's problems, he can't send or recieve mental messages, and the same thing would happen to you if you tried to probe his mind.)

Xazor Elessar
May 22nd, 2002, 09:21:30 AM
Xazor had been watching from a table in the corner of the bar. Indeed...Loki put up a good fascade, but it was quickly falling apart. She laughed slightly and rose from her seat. As she walked, the coins in her Garou Warrior braids clinked together in time with her steps. She reached their table and when she stopped, her red robes gathered together at her feet like sand. She bowed to Loki, Sejah, and her daughter, Natia. Smiling to reveal her elongated canines, she spoke.

"Well, Master Loki...is this the new apprentice that you have been chosen to take on?"

She questioned, going along with their little game. It was easier for her to keep a straight face through all of this...due to experience. She took a seat near him and looked at Sejah.

"You are so very lucky to have one such as Master Loki to train you. He is so very skilled in the Force....do not judge him by his age or size."

The Knight grinned once again and took a sip of the drink she had brought with her.

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 22nd, 2002, 09:51:36 AM
*Natia smiles at Salemn*

Hello Salemn. Yes, I am becoming more adjusted here.

*Natia looks at Sejah as he grabs his skull due to a headache and frowns slightly since she can guess what caused the headache. She says in a quiet voice to Sejah*

Salemn can only speak through telepathy since she is mute.

*Natia departly hopes that she hasn't stepped over the boundries since she is still having to learn them. As her Mother approaches the group of them, she thinks that the act is now over but is happy when her Mother goes along with the act*

Hello Mother, have you met Sejah yet?? He is Master Loki's new apprentice.

Anduri1
May 22nd, 2002, 10:00:09 AM
He walks into the bar and looks for a place to sit. Spotting his friends Sejah and Xazor he walks up to the table where the group are sitting.

"Greetings, all. Hello Xazor, and Sajah, I don't believe I have met you three."

Xazor Elessar
May 22nd, 2002, 10:09:38 AM
Xazor smiles at Natia, then winks sending a silent message that the game isn't over yet. A friend of hers then approaches the table.

"Greetings, Anduril...how do you fare?"

She questioned before returning her attention back to Natia.

"Indeed, I have met Sejah. I greeted him when he came to the order. He is very lucky to be under the guidance of Master Loki!"

She smiled brightly as she spoke.

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 22nd, 2002, 10:09:54 AM
*Natia looks at Anduri and fights to keep her face neutral. She quickly looks at her Mother, hoping she can make sure that this new person won't do anything wrong. One of her hands goes to her crutches and grips one of them as she looks at Anduri again in silence*

Xazor Elessar
May 22nd, 2002, 10:14:34 AM
You can trust Anduril...he is a new padawan and a very nice person.

She said to Natia through the Force. She smiles and moves over for the new Padawan to sit.

Anduri1
May 22nd, 2002, 01:05:49 PM
"Greetings Xazor, I am well, and you?"

Anduril cocks his head to one side, very slightly.

"I sence... Anxiety, nervousness. Is my presence not welcomed here?"

He glances at Xazor and smiles.

"What are you doing Xazor. Your mind is clouding more than usual."

He glances at the company again, with curiosity in his eyes.

Sejah Haversh
May 22nd, 2002, 01:36:28 PM
Sejah was beginnign to suspect two things:

Either Loki was a real master who just had a problem in not thinking before he spoke, or-

He was tying to pull Sejah's leg.

From the audience he was getting, Sejah was beginning to believe the latter of the two, everyone seems just a bit too friendly, and insisted that Loki was his master.

His headache clearing, Sejah looked over to see Xaxor and Anduril, and he smiled and nodded, "Good morning, Xaxor, and you too, um, Anduril, right? I'm just being told how lucky I am to have Master Loki as my teacher, from what I see, he's evidently one of the best."

Now the joke was turnign on them, as he spoke with such surity that he insisted that their lie was true, and since no-one could read his mind or emotions other than by the look on his face or tone of hisvoice, it could be a very convincing act.

Xazor Elessar
May 22nd, 2002, 04:09:47 PM
Xazor looked at Anduril and shook her head. She smiled gently and spoke.

"Your presence is welcomed here...one amoung us is quite stranger aware when it comes to men. That is all..."

She did not give any names, so it protected Natia from embarrassment. She winked at the little girl and then looked back to Anduril.

"What you sensed just know, was me communicating through the Force. That is why my mind was clouded to you."

She said gently, taking another sip of her drink.

Like this...right now I am speaking in your mind, as if these words were your own thoughts.

The Knight spoke in his mind using her gift of telepathy...the Jedi's way of communicating without verbal words. It came in handy more often than not, and she loved speaking this way. She grinned, knowing that many did not understand it, but she did...so she took advantage of it. She then looked at Sejah and nodded.

"Yes...he is one of the best. Almost as good as Master Yogurt himself!"

She said with a cheery smile, picking up from his facial features and his aura, that he too was in on the joke now. She wouldn't change a thing, though, and continued on...just to confuse him even further.

Salemn Lysce
May 22nd, 2002, 09:45:04 PM
Hurt like a wounded animal at the man's words, Salemn instinctively drew away from the table. What had she been thinking of coming over here ? Now she had hurt this strange man. Besides, it was quite obvious that only Natia had noticed her. "Stupid dumb mute, couldn't scream if you needed to."

Lately, the solemn ten year old hadn't been herself. She seemed more moody and distant, and had frequent nightmares. Sometimes, she had them when she was awake, too, but she never told anyone that.

While she left behind all the laughter and warmth of Yog's, a pain stabbed at her heart. All her life she had been alone and was never blessed with true acceptance. Slinking into the shadows, the child's small figure was soon lost in the crowd and out through the doors.

Anduri1
May 23rd, 2002, 06:47:15 AM
Anduril went and sat by Xazor.

"I knew what you were doing Xazor, I merely did not know what you were saying. Who were you referring to when you said "He is one of the best? Sejah?"

Anduri1
May 23rd, 2002, 06:48:51 AM
"Ah Im sorry, you were referring to Loki. I must listen more."

Xazor Elessar
May 23rd, 2002, 07:57:10 AM
ooc: I hate misunderstandings when I write, I apologize! :lol

ic:

Before the little girl could make her way out the door, Xazor had run and stood in front of it, blocking her from leaving.

Why do you wish to leave? Please...join us once again. It is good to be amongst friends...and I consider you a friend.

She said through the Force. A warm smile danced upon her lips, and the Knight hoped that the young padawan would reconsider.

Anduri1
May 23rd, 2002, 09:19:24 AM
Anduril watches Xazor as she looks at Loki. Catching her eye, he smiles and nods as a sign of respect to her wisdom.

Salemn Lysce
May 23rd, 2002, 05:57:05 PM
Xazor ...?

She blinked, trying to focus on the woman. The room was tilting sideways ... Why wasn't anyone falling over ? She blinked again, and the room became normal again. Odd ..

Well, uhm ... I don't know. I know that my presence is probably bothersome, not to mention the gentleman over there couldn't bear to listen to me.

Xazor Elessar
May 23rd, 2002, 06:13:19 PM
Xazor shook her head and smiled gently.

No....Sejah has a problem, that, when people speak in his mind...he gets a terrible head ache. It wasn't anything you did...you didn't know. He tries to remember to tell everyone, but he forgot this time. It's okay, if you wish to speak to him, speak through me. I'll tell him what you say, if you wish.

She said with a helpful smile.

You are not bothersome at all....the more, the merrier!

The Knight spoke in Salemn's mind, with a reassuring smile.

Anduri1
May 29th, 2002, 12:46:43 AM
Anduril glances at the space around the table...

"There is still space for two more!" he calls over.

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 29th, 2002, 08:52:44 AM
*Natia looks at Anduri again and frowns, disliking the fact that there are more adult males around then she would like at this moment, but she has to prove to her Mother that she is over coming that so she puts happy smile on her face. After putting the smile on her face she takes a couple of deep breaths to relax herself so she's not tense. After that she says to Anduri*

I take it you know my Mother.

*Natia waves a hand towards her Mother Xazor when she says that, trying to find some common ground to talk to this person on. Even though she is more trustworthy these days, she still really mistrusts males that she doesn't approach, and just mildly mistrusts tha males that she does approach*

Anduri1
May 30th, 2002, 09:29:16 AM
"You mistrust me?" he said. "No do not be alarmed." He said before she could even gasp. " I am skilled in the field of reading emotion. Please be not offended at my lack of grace whnn using this gift, but it is sometims useful. Yes I know your mother. We were aquainted in the Recruitment Centre and I am now a member of a class she runs."

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 30th, 2002, 11:11:18 AM
*Natia does not seem surprised that Anduri could tell that she mistrusts him since she isn't trying to really keep it hidden*

Being able to tell what one is feeling is good to know, but to tell what one is thinking is even better.

*Natia smiles slightly at the thought of her little talent she's got and uses for the fun of it though it gets ppl being slightly uneasy around her when the first find out about it*

I am not offended by you being able to tell my emotions Anduri. Where I was born, that is more of a natural gift which all ppl work with. We also read body language so we normally can tell if someone is lying to us.

*Natia conveniantly omits another detail of what she can do, but thinks it unimportant right now*

My Mother is a nice person and good at teaching ppl things. I am not in her class if you haven't guessed, but she still teaches me whether she knows it or not.

*Natia looks at her Mother and smiles, knowing just how much her Mother has managed to actually teach her without trying to*

Loki Ahmrah
May 30th, 2002, 06:49:43 PM
OOC: Wow. This thread has run off on me, sorry for my slow replying!

"Thank goodness!" Thought a very relieved Loki, "The cavalry has arrived in the nick of tiime!"

Almost in the blink of an eye Xazor, her friend and Salemn had come to the rescue, hopefully this would breath new life into the joke and perhaps now was the time for him to run with it.

"Test you I will and discover your loyalty to the Jedi we must, Sejah!" He said firmly, standing up happily immitating Master Yoghurt's famous speech pattern.

Wanting to not only entertain himself but also the company, especially Salemn who seemed a little upset and Natia who looked like she had something on her mind, Loki thought it would be fun to have his new acquaintance carry out a particularly absurd task, the little boy only hoped he would see the funny side of it himself.

He looked at a nearby table recently vacated, and on it, three unfinished bowls of cold, Likryt Stew; the very dish for which Master Yoghurt is famous. Pouring the contents of the other two into one so that it was full he returned to his "padawan" whom he asked to stand.

He handed the bowl of stew to Sejah and took two clusjo fruits from a droid as it passed. For a moment, the young Padawan eyed Sejah cooly; calm and judging. Then he spoke out, bold and loud so that he grabbed the attention of most of the patron's at Yog's.

"Sejah Haversh, today, tested you will be. A test of balance, yes, the Force, your fate it will decide, listen to it you must. On the chair you will stand with only one leg, on your nose, balance this bowl of stew you shall and during this, in each hand, hold you will a clusjo fruit. Simultaneously, throw up then catch the fruit you must, let the Force be your guide and should you drop the fruit, a Jedi you will not be. That is the way of things; do this for there is no try and your training, begun it has."

He held out the fruit pateiently waiting, having regained his confidence in his own facade,

"This you must do, until I request you stop, my young padawan."

Sejah Haversh
May 31st, 2002, 02:12:03 AM
A sour look crossed Sejah's face, although now he was convinced beyojnd the shadow of a doubt that Loki was no Master. But, Sometimes the best jokes were those played on the jokemaster.

Sighing subjectively, the mongoose looked at the others for some kind of releif or saving, but found nothing. Looking back to Loki, he stood up and looked down at the boy, his face still one of wan discontent at his new task. "Okay, if you say so, Master Ahmrah." Was all he said before climbing up onot a chair and taking the bowl and two fruits.

In a show of great difficulty, he balanced the bowl on the tip of his nose, and then rose up onto one footpaw, a clusjo fruit in each paw. "Here goes nothin..." He muttered before tossing the fruit and deftly catching them, a smile spreading across his face. Loki hadn't counted on previous dexterity and balance training, expecially training as deep as that which is given to the First Apprentice of an area Grandmaster of Rho'istaan bladed arts. Tossing the fruits back and forth several times, he smiled widely and made a show of yawnign and still beign able to keep the bowl balanced.

Without looking down, Sejah aimed his next comment at Loki, his tone very knowing, "So Master Ahmrah, this good enough for you? I can keep this up for quite some time I'll have you know. And nect time you try to fool someone, don't make it quite so obvious. You should have told me to close my eyes, kid."

Tossing one fruit the final time, he caught it in the paw that allready held another, and then took the bwl from his nose and hopped down deom the chair and placed all three items back in Loki's hands, whether he wanted them or not. "But, that was a good joke."

Loki Ahmrah
May 31st, 2002, 06:44:04 AM
Rather quickly the stern face had dissipated into one bearing a wide grin, Loki was proud of himself and although he had hoped for something to go wrong with the task he had set Sejah, he was still satisfied with what he had accomplished. He laughed lightly, putting the bowl and fruit on the table then looked back at Sejah.

"Let's try this again shall we?" He began, holding out his hand to shake Sejah's paw of a hand, "Loki Ahmrah, Padawan Learner here at the Jedi Order. Pleased to meet you!"

He hopped up onto his seat and gestured to Sejah's seat welcoming him to join him at thetable once more. The little boy took a sip of water and then addressed his new acquaintance.

"Sorry about that, I'm not always such a pain in the rear, just thought I'd give you a bit of a Jedi innitiation. You're already very skilled it seems, why is it that you want to be a Jedi? If you don't mind me asking."

Loki hoped he wasn't being intrusive with his question, but surely Sejah's decision to come to the Jedi Order was fresh in his mind and perhap he could give the nine year old some insight into why he himself wishes to be a Jedi.

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 31st, 2002, 10:04:31 AM
*Natia turns her attention to Sejah and Loki as Loki gives Sejah a task to perform. She herself would never be able to accomplish something like that due to the injuries she had received at a younger age. A smile on her face, she is about to whisper something to Loki when Sejah comments to him about the joke that has been played on him so she instead turns to look at Sejah*

I'm sorry about trying to convince you that Loki here is a Master but he had asked me to play along with his joke and seeing as how he is one of my few friends, I felt that I should play along with it.

*Natia forgets to mention though, that Loki is also her first male friend she made since her arrival at the Academy*

I hope you can someday be able to forgive me for my part in the joke which was played on you.

*Natia truly believes she was in the wrong to play along with the joke that Loki had played on Sejah and does not expect to be forgiven*

Sejah Haversh
May 31st, 2002, 01:53:38 PM
Before he replied to Loki, Sejah turned to Natia and smiled softly. "I don't hold anything against you, Natia, it was a good joke, and you played along well. Don't weel so bad, it was all in good fun."

Turnign to face Loki, he gripped the boy's hand like a vise and shook it, though making sure not to squeeze too hard. "Sejah Haversh, but you allready know that." Letting go, Sejah sat back down at the table and took another bite of the pizza he ahd ordered and washed it down with more Nehi. "So, young padawan," He used the words with a biting smile, "You want to know why I'm here. Well, some Jedi found me on ym homeworld and said I had some high something or other count, and and that I should come here and train. Seeing as nothing was going my way back home, I packed up and here I am. See, told you it was simple." He grinned before takign another bite of pizza; a food that was quickly finding its way into his favorites list.

Loki Ahmrah
May 31st, 2002, 02:53:45 PM
Loki smiled at Sejah's handshake, he always shook hands with people when first meeting them; from Sejah's handshake he seemed confident and eager to embark on the journey of the Jedi ways. He seemed open enough now that they were on equal grounds, although once he'd heard his reason for being here, Loki's face lost it's soft touch and looked concerned. He shook his head slightly.

"My friend, a padawan learner I may be but there is something that I must bring to your attention." He said this immediatly after Sejah had finished speaking, who now had a mouth full of pizza so Loki went on regardless.

"If you wish to become a Jedi, there are certain things you must know about the ways of the Jedi; it is not an occupation, part-time or full-time, it is not a hobby to releave one's self of boredom. What you are about to embark on Sejah, is a whole new way of life, you live the Jedi ways, eat, breath and think as a Jedi would. The most important factor in this is the Jedi Code; 'Jedi are the guardians of peace in the galaxy. Jedi use their powers to defend and to protect, never to attack others.
Jedi respect all life, in any form. Jedi serve others, rather than ruling over them, for the good of the galaxy.
Jedi seek to improve themselves through knowledge and training.'"

He paused for a moment, he had said it gradually so that it wasn't too much to take in all at once. Then concluded, "What I am trying to say is that one does not decide to become a Jedi because things back at home aren't going as well as they'd like. When an individual takes the path provided by the Jedi Order, a commitment is made, a very solid, dedicated commitment. You must ask yourself: 'Can I dedicate the rest of my life to living in accordance to what the Jedi Code stipulates?'"

Sejah Haversh
May 31st, 2002, 03:17:17 PM
Sejah listened as Loki spoke, and realized how insousiant he himself had sounded in his answer. Swallowing and clearing his throat, Sejah shook his ehad and held up a paw to stop him.

"No, I oversimplified for the sake of conversation and personal protection. I know being a Jedi requires dedication and devotion, and I do not lack that. There were other reaosns I came, but not ones I feel free in sharing at this table. You should know that occasionally the choice to join the ranks of the Jedi are personal ones, even for being one so young. I would like to say that that is why I came. That, and I am the only Nehantite ever to be recoreded as having contact with the Force. Is that good enough?"

He sipped his drink as he stared down his muzzle at Loki. He hadn't meant to sound reprimanding, but Sejah truly didn't want to talk about all his reasons for coming,a nd wished that the boy would have let it slide until a later time, with less people present.

Loki Ahmrah
May 31st, 2002, 04:35:56 PM
Loki sighed with relief at Sejah's answer, then leaned back in his chair more relaxed.

"Thanks for clearing that up. Y'see, it's such a worry--" He hesitated for a moment, searching for the words, "--well, I've seen first hand what the failure to adhere to the code can lead to, I've seen Dark Siders before and I would not want that fate to befall anyone, ever."

For a moment he didn't seem quite as carefree as he had before, then coming back to his senses he smiled and added, "Besides, you wont need to worry about simplifying anything for my benefit, I assure you."

He then took out two Kajaree candies, unwrapped one and just before putting it in his mouth, offered the other to Sejah, he knew Natia nor thre others would like it but Sejah seemed similar to a Cizerack and therefore might like their food. If he didn't it would be an interest display of disgusted facial expressions until he swallowed.

"Would you like one? It's called Kajaree, it's a Cizerack candy."

Sejah Haversh
May 31st, 2002, 05:14:31 PM
Noting how the others looked at the candies, Sejah was a bit wary to take one, but did anyway to be polite. He didn't like being thougt of as beign like the Cizeracks, but figured that food was food.

"Thank you, Loki," He nodded unwrapping the candy. Its pungent odor hit his overly sensitive nostrils quickly, bur he disguised the offensive smell as a sudded sneeze that he directed into his arm. "Gah, excuse me, that came out of nowhere," he explained it off before popping the cany into his mouth.

It was horrid, just awful; like licking the floor of a garbage truck, only somehow more repulsive. He was lucky though, that his physiology allowed for him to contort his tongue and mouth around with on;y little being seen from the outside. The sickening juices ran down his throat, nearly making him gag, and the smell nearly choked him. Whoever thought that such a torture device was candy should be strapped on the rack and stretched to twice their original length with their motuh crammed full of the putrid confectionry.

But, for all the pan it caused his palatte, Sejah kept upa good face on the outside, actually appearing to enjoy it. After winning in the first joke, he wasn't about to go down to a stupid piece of candy. Chewing and crackign throuygh its hard outer shell, it only got worse, a toxic ooze spillign out as a liquid center, coating his tongue with a sickening slime. Still, he maintained a good face externally, though, nodding as if in approval.

Finally, he managed to get the offensive morsel into small enough pieces to swallow and choked the candy down, knowign he had better get some stomach releif medicine sometime withing the next half hour or risk having the lining of his intestines eaten alive by the acids he knew the candy would produce. "Not bad," he said to Loki, then taking a sip of his Nehi as he had been doing before, "I prefer taffy, myself, but not bad."

Loki Ahmrah
May 31st, 2002, 05:37:24 PM
"I'm suprised you like it, actually, the next time I see Taataani I'll be sure to get you some. I thought they were awful at first but after a while I started to like em, now I think they're gorgeous, it's essentially a candy made from a breed of fish on Carshoulis Prime." He explained.

He threw his down into his mouth and muched away. In an instant, the candy was no more; he had now adopted the eating habbits of a young Cizerack cub courtesy of the influence of his "second mother," Taataani. Now he was in the mood for something else.

"Excuse me!" He called over to a service droid, "Could I have a bowl of Nala Frogs, please?"

The droid complied and dissapeared into the kitchen to pass on the order. He turned back to Sejah and the others at the table, and smiled.

"I made sure it was a large bowl, that way you can all try some, especially you Sejah, you seem to take to Cizerack food, Do you know anything of them?"

Sejah Haversh
Jun 1st, 2002, 01:55:44 AM
More Cizerack food? No, my stomach can't take that. Sejah thougt to himself, looking a bit sick at the thought of frogs after eating the particularily disgusting candy.

Reachign for his pizza again, Sejah shook his head and declined rather quickly, "Oh, no, thank you, one is quite enough. And, unless it is a snake, I prefer my food allready dead and cooked, but thanks." The mongoose then crammed a large bite of pizza into his mouth and chewed hard, trying to rid himself of the putrid aftertaste the candy had left in his mouth.

Washing it down with a hefty swig of his Nehi, Sejah finally cleansed himself of the offending taste, and got back to Loki's question. "Yes, I know of the Cizerack. Others seem to group my species with them far too often, wich is quite offensive to us, actually. Their policies and ways are little to nothing like our own, and we share a far differnet diet, as well. Other than the occasional oddity, I have come to find we Nehantites share a similar diet to most humans." He made his poind clear by taking another bite of the rapidly cooling pizza. Swallowing, he continued, "It's not to say I don't like the Cizerack race, but, we are really nothing alike, if that answers your question."

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jun 1st, 2002, 02:15:18 PM
*Natia smiles slightly at Sejah as he says he has nothing against her for participating in the joke. She then listens silently to the conversation going on between Sejah and Loki. Much to her surprise when Sejah is offered a Cizerack candy he accepts it and pretends to like it. The smile gets a bit bigger on her face as she shoots Sejah a "I know you don't like it" look since part of what she can do is tell when ppl are putting on an act or not*

I myself have never had Kajaree before because I am forcusing my time on eating foods that I never got alot of before since my real Father.......

*Natia lets her voice trail off to nothing but then picks it up again as she goes to continue talking. She knows that Loki knows what her real Father had her eating, or at least the basics anyway*

My 'dopted parents let me eat what I wish just as long as it is healthy and nutrious though I can still eat cake and cookies if I want to, just not to much of it though since to much is bad for you.

*Natia omits the fact that cake and cookies give her a nasty side effect which not many ppl know about since she has never eaten cake or cookies since arriving at the Academy.

She is rather happy that her friend Loki has never asked her why she has come to the Academy to become a Jedi. In fact, she is happy that nobody yet has asked her why though she knows the reasons of some of her friends*

Salemn Lysce
Jun 1st, 2002, 04:40:16 PM
Sighing slightly, the padawan gave in to Xazor.

Alright, fine .. I'll come back.

Staying by Xazor's side, the two made their way back to the table just in time to see the joke give way. Sitting down, Salemn listened as the joking and laughing began between everyone.

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jun 3rd, 2002, 08:53:46 AM
*Natia smiles as her friend Salemn comes and sits down at the table with them. She is more then happy that she has decided to stay with them, at least for awhile. Leaning over towards her, she whispers*

Thanx for joining us here Salemn

Salemn Lysce
Jun 4th, 2002, 01:46:50 AM
Looking over at Natia, a faint smile outlined her lips as she mouthed, "Thanks."

Anduri1
Jun 4th, 2002, 04:58:04 AM
Watching the whole secen with amusement, he smiles.

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jun 4th, 2002, 08:53:17 AM
*Natia gets a thoughtful look on her face as she looks at Salemn. She then leans over to her again and whispers*

Later, do you mind if I show you something which is in my quarters?? I'm sure that Mother will be able to find something else to do for a little while. Later that is.

And Salemn, your always welcome where ever I am.

Loki Ahmrah
Jun 4th, 2002, 01:58:58 PM
Loki nodded at Sejah's words, understanding. He himself would not want to be confused with another species: "Imagine being confused with a Hutt!" He thought to himself.

Now the company was back in full force, Salemn and Xazor had joined them; both were able of projective telepathy, they could put words in his head - a remarkable skill he longed to have - in time he would, training day after day under the guidance of his master. He silently sat for a moment until Natia began talking about her father.

"Yeah, it's much better now; we have cake and all kinds! Although it seems some of my mom has rubbed off on me, I'm always weary of what I eat and drink." He sighed and pointed to the glass of water on the table with a smile.

His hands came to his stomach as it growled rather obtrusively, he hoped that didn't gain much attention and chuckled, "I'm starvin'! I can't wait till these frogs get here, I haven't had them in weeks!"

Returning his attention to Sejah, he asked, "So now that the truth is all revealed and after my slip-up earlier about lighsabers...did you notice that by the way?" He asked with a broad grin, then finished, "Well I was wondering, would you instruct me a little with a sword or lightsaber? I would like to learn from you as I am only a beginner with a lightsaber."

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jun 5th, 2002, 09:10:28 AM
*Natia smiles at Loki and then says quietly to him*

Loki, I can't eat cake.

*Natia doesn't go into any more detail then that as she watches the group of ppl around her. When Loki starts talking about using a lightsaber, she gets a genuinely jealous look on her face and looks down at her crutches which she has to use, just to walk and knows that unless a miracle happens, she will never get to use a lightsaber. Ever*

Salemn Lysce
Jun 5th, 2002, 03:22:30 PM
Nodding slightly at Natia, curiousity sparked in Salemn's eyes. She wondered what it was that Natia wanted to keep so secret.

Yes, it's fine by me.

Breaking her gaze away from Natia, she let her eyes wander over the figures of the others.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 5th, 2002, 08:55:17 PM
Xazor had been planning something special for Natia, and it made her even more excited when she saw the little girl look down at her crutches. She would indeed be able to use a lightsaber.....soon! Looking back to the group, she laughed along with them....it was a good time....

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jun 6th, 2002, 11:05:49 AM
*Natia glances over to her Mother, wondering what has gotten her so excited. Believing it just has to do with the fact that there is a group of ppl here all talking and getting along and she herself is not showing any negative emotions towards the males that are there*

Anduri1
Jun 17th, 2002, 01:10:17 PM
Anduril rises politely.

"Thankyou my friends, it has been good, but now, I have other matters to attend to. Nodding to Sejah, and smiling at Xazor he turns, and strides out of the room."