PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Warrior Equipment

Liam Jinn
Aug 4th, 2001, 03:03:08 AM
Are we getting any special equipment? I thought FMH said something about carrying Rail Guns and getting stuff that will drastically improve our chances against some one.

Teka Kenobi
Aug 5th, 2001, 05:19:03 AM
I guess when this program properly starts we might. I think FMH is waiting for a few more people to join.

Nichos Marr
Aug 5th, 2001, 04:44:56 PM
A Jedi Warrior would only need the Force and a lightsaber IMHO. But what do I know? I'm not a warrior :p

A rail gun seems more appropriate for an NRSF soldier.

Force Master Hunter
Aug 5th, 2001, 11:23:10 PM
Jedi Warriors use any weapon they can use. To say you should only use a sabre and the Force is not what a Warrior is about.

It's liek saying you have to fight with your elbows in a boxing match. You limit what you can do.

The official equipment list mimics the NRSF as follows...

Armour
Backup weapon
Rail Gun * 2
Personal shield
Backpack
Ammo clips
Sabre
Mini Rocket launcher
Flamethrower

We got guns, we got knives, we got sharp sticks....

Pick and choose. The uniform is military dress, black.

A Jedi Warrior doesnt rely on the toys tho. He / She relies on the Force. The toys are to give you the edge.

Teka Kenobi
Aug 6th, 2001, 06:38:36 AM
Nice, although say we were to use these weapons in the SWFans roleplaying forum, wouldn't they be god moding?

Force Master Hunter
Aug 6th, 2001, 07:34:44 AM
Every single one is SW legal mate. ALL of them exist.

One of the skills to RP is know when your gone too far and not crossing that line. Hence, even though it is well known I'm armed with Rail Guns, I actually havent used them, except in selected RP. Use em all the time, then that wont be seen as fair and we dont really want rail gun technology to spread, do we anyway?

The alternative is to use the weapons, but give your opponent a chance to escape. It's a balance all must strike in RP.

Liam Jinn
Aug 6th, 2001, 08:48:08 AM
Well, how are we getting the Equipment? I'd like that list please. :) I already have daggers, the pointy stick I can do without. I'll wear the uniform too.

Teka Kenobi
Aug 6th, 2001, 12:16:10 PM
Sounds good. Do you have any idea when any of this will be properly starting?

Akrabbim
Aug 6th, 2001, 06:14:43 PM
Umm... what about my stuff? I'm an illusionist. I need more enemy weapons, such as Stormtrooper Rifles and armor, or other stuff. Can I get that? I mean, I'm more of a scout/sabatoge like guy. Frontal assault ain't my strong point.

Teka Kenobi
Aug 7th, 2001, 05:18:03 AM
We could always have part of the rp where you steal some stuff? :)

Akrabbim
Aug 7th, 2001, 08:35:40 AM
You know, that'd be sorta fun. :)

Obryn Shan
Sep 28th, 2001, 01:40:39 PM
If the warrior Jedi commandos are serious about investing in other forms of weaponry other than the legendary lightsaber. Than here is a short list of official SW weapons.

Ranged weapons:

BlasTech DL-44 heavy blaster pistol- Han Solo's weapon of choice.

BlasTech DH-17 blaster pistol- standard issue of imperial officers and ranking stormtroopers.

BlasTech E-11 blaster rifle- standard issue of stormtroopers.

BlasTech EE-3 blaster rifle- Boba Fett's weapon of choice (cf. Luke cut it in two on the desert skiff in ROTJ.)

BlasTech T-21 light repeating blaster- SW equivalent to a heavy machinegun. This powerful weapon was issued to sandtroopers on Tatooine (cf. ANH).

Alternative melee weapons:

SoroSuub Force Pike- standard issue of the Imperial Royal Guards. Two meters long, this weapon's vibrating power tip can slice through stone and metal effortlessly. The lightsaber is the only melee weapon more devestating than a force pike. Note... the power tip can discharge a painful four centimeter shock charge that can incapacitate even a full-grown wookie.

Merr-Sonn Vibroblade- It's six inch blade is devestating able to cut through bone and many forms of body armor as if it were butter.

Sorry about the gruesome details on some the weapons but I think their capabilities should be general knowledge.

Satine Capashen
Oct 1st, 2001, 06:50:49 AM
I have most of ste standard things (Armor, sabres, shield, blaster and stuff like that), but do we each get assigned the other things?

Morgan Evanar
Oct 1st, 2001, 11:45:16 AM
If the mission requires it.