PDA

View Full Version : Ahh, workout time...

Ryla Relvinian
Mar 17th, 2002, 06:48:44 PM
I work my way down the hallways to a small, empty training room. Taking off my boots as I step inside, I can feel the scent in the air around me, bringing back a wave of memories. 'It's been too long' I whisper to myself as I begin streching out my joints and muscles. Cat-like, I can feel my arms and legs opening up, after being unused for fighting after all these months.

I start off with a few kicks and blocks, gradually the memories in my muscles begin to wake up and assume fighing stances. I'm not back where I was, at least not in the kicking department, but as I ready my Lightsaber, I can feel it's slight hum vibrating my hands.

The practice droid I brought with me is hovering a few meters from my head, awaiting the command to begin. I hit the remote on my belt and assume a fighting pose as it zooms into action. 'Force it feels good to be back!'

Gurney Devries
Mar 19th, 2002, 02:02:35 AM
"Tell me something, lass...", Gurney started. "Are all the Jedi 'round here pretty young things? Or is ole Gurney just losing what's left 'o his mind?"

The man spoke in a thick drawl, made even harder to understand by the fact that he had apparently found something terribly interesting about the floor. Horrible for projecting one's voice, but a rather difficult habit to break.

"Sorry... Ye don't mind me interrupting, do ye lass?"

Ryla Relvinian
Mar 19th, 2002, 02:07:00 AM
I glance over at the doorway to find a man in a long cloak staring at the floor. I instantly recognize him from my earlier days as a padawan. "Gurney man! I don't mind you at all. In fact, you're just the man I was looking for. I've been away for quite some time, and I fear I've gotten a bit... rusty. Would you care to give me a few pointers?"

Gurney Devries
Mar 19th, 2002, 02:16:31 AM
He shrugged, the heavy cloth of his robes bunching up at the shoulders and forcing the hood to fall back off his head. Gurney looked up at her with fathomless blue-on-blue eyes, letting his gaze linger for a moment on her own eyes - nearly as deep a blue as his own.

"Ah... so ye do remember me? I wasn't so sure your memory was as finely honed as the rest of ye."

With a smile, he walked into the room, taking up a stance only a few feet away from Ryla.

"But ye ask fer 'pointers'? Surely, ye must be as rusty as a junkpile if yer askin' me for pointers. I never was very good at this Jedi stuff."

Ryla Relvinian
Mar 19th, 2002, 02:23:32 AM
I tap the button on my belt and the training droid flies over to the small shelf on the side wall. Disactivating my lightsaber as I stride over to the man at the door. "I remember that you are a master swordsman... Surely you can offer some advice."

Gurney Devries
Mar 19th, 2002, 02:31:58 AM
"Aye, I can", he said with a bit of a wry smile. "First thing ye need to do, is ta stop overestimating an old man."

But there was a twinkle that was starting to come into his weary eyes, and Ryla could tell that, despite his objections, he was looking forward to the chance to stretch his legs again.

"But I see yer gonna twist meh arm until I agree, so I think I'll spare us both the pain and get it done with."

OOC ~ Will edit the rest in later.

Ryla Relvinian
Mar 21st, 2002, 03:56:52 AM
I put on my best mock-pout, "Well, if you really don't want to, I suppose I could just practice alone..."