PDA

View Full Version : Doubt the validity of Warrior Jedi?

Marcus QDunn
Apr 16th, 2002, 03:33:47 AM
The Force runs strongly in Plo Koon's family; he was a descendent of a long line of Jedi. He shared a long history with fellow Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn, and the two have fought beside each other in battle. Koon had hoped to see his friend join the Jedi Council, but Jinn's maverick views kept him from ascending to that position.

Plo Koon was a Kel Dor from the planet Dorin. His physiology was such that he wore protective goggles and his face-concealing antiox mask whenever in oxygen-rich environments. As a Dorin, Koon naturally possessed highly developed extrasensory organs that supplement his already formidable Jedi attributes.

Koon was more martial a Jedi than most. Kel Dor natives have a reputation for seeing moral issues in black and white, with clear distinctions between right and wrong. As such, Koon often took decisive action with little contemplation. This initiative served him well during the Stark Hyperspace Wars, when he took up the Republic banner after a great Jedi Master was killed. Koon rallied the disheartened troops to an unlikely and miraculous victory.

--

This is much of what I base the idea on. The concept that Jedi are peaceful and will only defend is not quite how some Jedi oin the Old Replublic saw it. And more on Plo Koon...

Plo Koon
this Jedi Master was one of the last members of the Jedi Council. He was present when Anakin Skywalker was first presented to the Council. A Kel Dor, descended from a long line of Jedi Knights, Plo Koon was a close friend of Qui-Gon Jinn. He hoped that the human Jedi Master would someday sit on the Council, but recognized that his friend was much too headstrong to adjust to the Council's rigors. Being a Kel Dor, with enlarged external sensory organs, Plo Koon's grasp and control of the Force was incredible, and he was known among the Council for his warrior skills. Plo was legendary for his leadership during the Stark Hyperspace Wars, during which he rallied the forces of the Old Republic after a Jedi Master was killed in battle. Plo Koon was portrayed by Alan Ruscoe in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace, and by Matt Sloan in Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones. (SW1, IG1, OWS)

---

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 2nd, 2002, 07:17:42 PM
Don't forget Mace Windu. :D

Liam Jinn
Jul 2nd, 2002, 07:50:35 PM
I hope that's how I'm remembered...*sniff*