PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Fett's Room

Estelle Russard
Sep 3rd, 2001, 03:39:54 PM
Estelle moved down the beautiful gleaming corridors
of the Jedi Living Quarters. Everything seemed fresh and
new - alive with hope and possibility.

On T'r Nuva - a small rural community on Ral,her home moon, things were not nearly so nice. The buildings were much less advanced in design and structure, although in the bigger city centres there were the Museums and Libraries where they stored the Historical Records and artifacts of the Nuvan culture. She didnt often get to the big city - there was always work to be done on the farm and one "only spent credits and tempted the wickeds" when one ventured into town - or so her father always said. Her father has some weird sayings.

She looked down at the dataclip in her hand. ReaperFett's room should be around here somewhere. She looked up and down the hallway, unsure of where to go. Picking north, she continued on hoping maybe to bump into someone - or even Fett himself - who could help her.

ReaperFett
Sep 3rd, 2001, 09:17:08 PM
::Waking up with a start, Fett sat bolt upright in bed, and wiped the sweat from is forehead. It was a nightmare. One of those nightmares again. Taking deep breaths, the Jedi Master slowly got up off his bed, and headed to a sink in a side room. Turning it on, he splashed water onto his face, before looking at the mirror infront, his arms leaning on the sink below. You look a mess he thought to himself. You have to do something about the dreams. But what?

Fett's concentration was broken when he sensed someone in the corridor. Although his sensing of emotions was limited, he knew that whoever it was was looking for something, or someone. Slowly walking to the door, he put some trousers on quickly, before opening the door::

Estelle Russard
Sep 3rd, 2001, 09:41:53 PM
"Ok...should be down this way, two or three doors."

The dataclip Fett gave her was helpful, but alot is to
be said for the simple drawing of a map.
She stopped outside the one she thought was his. The number was scuffed off and hard to read. Just as she debated
whether she should knock, or just wait to catch up with him
at the bar, the door opened up to reveal Fett standing before her, shirtless and his hair rumpled and unruly like he just woke up.

ReaperFett
Sep 3rd, 2001, 09:57:22 PM
:: The sight of Estelle in front of him almost made Fett jump. Not because of who it was, but because he hadn't got chaned fully yet.

"Sorry about the mess he said, as he invited her inside. CLosing the door, the Jedi Master began to look round the room for a shirt to put on.

"So, what can I do for you?"::

Estelle Russard
Sep 5th, 2001, 12:12:14 AM
She followed him inside, looking around but not really noticing the state of the room about her. She could feel the blush in her face even though she tried hard to stop it. I mean, he only had his shirt off for lans sakes, but she still felt herself not really knowing where to look.

...Maybe this wasnt a good idea..

"Im sorry if I woke you Master Fett, but I needed to talk to you."

She sat on the first seat she came across, which was a big cushioned sofa. Realising she had seated herself on the shirt he was looking the room over for, she tugged it out from under her and held it out toward him.

"um, is this what you looking for?"

ReaperFett
Sep 14th, 2001, 10:07:38 PM
:: "Yeah, thanks" he said, noticing her blushing. Reaching over, he took the shirt off her, and put it on over his head. Fett then sat on the end of his bed, across from his Padawan.

"So, what's up?" ::

Estelle Russard
Sep 14th, 2001, 10:16:56 PM
She looked around the room, taking in more of the details this time. "Nice place you have here, Master Fett"

ReaperFett
Sep 14th, 2001, 10:20:37 PM
:: "Thanks. It's not much, but it's home for me" ::

Estelle Russard
Sep 14th, 2001, 10:27:41 PM
Estelle realised he looked a little....distracted or preoccupied.

"Are you alright? Did I come at a bad time? I know its late, but I wasnt sure where to go"

ReaperFett
Sep 14th, 2001, 10:31:30 PM
:: Fett wipes his eyes, before looking back at her.

"No no, it's okay. Just a bad dream" ::

Estelle Russard
Sep 14th, 2001, 10:45:12 PM
She looked at him and wanted to help, but had no idea
how or what she could say that would make a difference for
him.

"Do you have them often, these dreams?"

ReaperFett
Sep 15th, 2001, 10:58:15 AM
:: Everytime I sleep" He said, looking at the ground ::

Estelle Russard
Sep 15th, 2001, 05:35:02 PM
She sat very still, her hands in her lap, her concern for
Fett plain on her face.

"Where do these dreams come from? Are they from your
past?"

ReaperFett
Sep 15th, 2001, 05:39:57 PM
:: "I'd rather not talk about it" He said, as nicely as he could ::

Estelle Russard
Sep 15th, 2001, 05:42:19 PM
Estelle nodded that she understood, and started to
fidget with a loose thread on the sofa.

ReaperFett
Sep 15th, 2001, 05:45:22 PM
:: "Anyway, what is it?" He asked, raising his head back up to look at her::

Estelle Russard
Sep 15th, 2001, 05:55:12 PM
She continued to pick at the thread, a bit nervous
for what she wanted to ask. Looking down, she was mortified to see she had unraveled even more of the small thread and had created a little hole.

She looked up quickly, to find Fett was looking directly at her, waiting for her to reply. Estelle dropped the thread and moved a little so she hid the damage to the coushion.

"Well, Master, as you know Im completely new here. I am just finding my way around, and..um..I need some where to stay for a while until I can get myself settled in."

She paused looking around the room, before continuing.

"Is there a spare room, I could maybe stay here for a little while?....If you think that would be ok, that is"

ReaperFett
Sep 15th, 2001, 06:07:09 PM
:: Fett was a little suprised by the question. Is this a standard Padawan request? he thought to himself. He sat in silence for a short time, before looking at her.

"There is a spare room at the side. You can have that for as long as you need" ::

Estelle Russard
Sep 15th, 2001, 06:27:33 PM
She smiled in relief. She knew she was imposing upon Fett, but she just felt so far from home and family.

Her leaving T'r Nuva was a big step and all the familiarity and security of a home and family that loved her and knew her and looked out for her seemed so very far away now. If they only knew how much she missed them. They told her she would, but she didnt think she would feel it so much.

"Thankyou Fett, Im so grateful. I promise I wont get in the
way."

ReaperFett
Sep 15th, 2001, 06:34:12 PM
:: "How can you get in the way? It's hardly as if much happens here. Besdies, I'm happy you came to ask. I'd rather you stayed here than struggled for weeks" ::

Estelle Russard
Sep 15th, 2001, 06:38:48 PM
"Well, when you are used to being on your own, another person around can be inconvenient or bothersome. But I will be sure not to get in the way.

And thankyou again, I think this will really help me to settle in. Plus too, you will be right on hand for me to ply you with the many questions I have."

ReaperFett
Sep 15th, 2001, 06:46:59 PM
:: Fett forced a smile at her last comment.

"Yeah, I'll be here for every question. All of them" ::

Estelle Russard
Sep 15th, 2001, 07:03:42 PM
Estelle was satisfied with that.

Whatever Fett was willing to explain and teach her was
fine with her. She had much to learn and a long road ahead
of her

Estelle Russard
Sep 22nd, 2001, 09:36:54 PM
She picked up her small pack that held all she owned
and got off the couch.

Walking across the room to short hallway and a door to
the right, "Is this the room?"

ReaperFett
Sep 22nd, 2001, 09:52:33 PM
:: Getting up, Fett walk over to her, and opened the door. Inside, the room was neat, aside from two boxes in the room. Takign them out into a cupboard.

"Yeah, this is yours. Everything in here you can use" He said to her. ::

Estelle Russard
Sep 22nd, 2001, 10:00:35 PM
Estelle thought the room perfect. It was moderately furnished, but had all that was necessary for her to be comfortable.

A bed to one side, a large chest over against the far wall
with about five drawers. And a big,deep, heavily stuffed chair in the corner, which she was certain she could completely curl up in and still have room to spare.

She turned to Fett as he still returned to the doorway as she looked around. "This will be perfect. Im very grateful."

ReaperFett
Sep 22nd, 2001, 10:05:07 PM
:: It's okay. If you ever need anything, say" ::

Estelle Russard
Sep 22nd, 2001, 10:16:30 PM
Estelle couldnt beleive how lucky she had been since her arrival at Arcan IV.

So far, the Jedi she had met had made her so welcome - Force Master Hunter, Jedi Master Leia Solo, and of course ReaperFett. His accepting her as padawan was so much more than she had dared to hope when she had left T'r Nuva. The fact that anyone would take her as a student seemed a stretch in her sitting around the family table in her country home. But now, standing here in this room, she felt an overwhelming sense of being in the right place. She could sense her destiny unfolding.

"I will be sure to come to you, Master, should I need anything."

She stopped for a moment. "Well, actually, I do need training, as you know. Lots of it. I have requested to join the NRSF. I guess it would help if I atleast knew how to fire a blaster or something. Ive never even seen one up close."

ReaperFett
Sep 22nd, 2001, 10:27:16 PM
:: Fett stayed motionless for a moment, deep in thought. After a moment, he reached into a draw, and brought out a small blaster.

"This is a DL-22. Low powered blaster. Take a look" He said, ahnding her the pistol. ::

Estelle Russard
Sep 22nd, 2001, 10:29:25 PM
She took it from his hand and held it, examining it curiously, not realising she had it pointed directly at Fetts chest.

ReaperFett
Sep 22nd, 2001, 10:34:37 PM
:: Looking slightly concerned, but still holding a smile, Fett slowly sidestepped the guns aim, and walked to the window. Seeing a rock on a wall, he walked over to his Padawan, and pointed to it.

"Right, see if you can hit that rock. All you have to do is aim the barrel at it, and squeeze the trigger. Try it" He said, subconciesley stepping back ::

Estelle Russard
Sep 22nd, 2001, 10:42:03 PM
She looked at Fett..then the rock..then the gun.

I hope no one is wandering around out there
she thought to herself.

Estelle approached the window, and taking the blaster in
both hands tried to get a comfortable hold on it - but even
though she shifted her fingers a number of times, the
weapon still felt awkward.

She sighed a little in frustration as she felt Fett's eyes on her. He being an expert she feel her awkwardness ampliphied.

ReaperFett
Sep 22nd, 2001, 10:46:10 PM
:: Slowly he walks over to her, and moves the gun slightly to what he'd consider comfortable.

"It's Okay. Everyone struggles the first time. Try not to think about it" ::

Estelle Russard
Sep 22nd, 2001, 10:55:20 PM
Estelle nodded as Fett placed her fingers properly on
the blaster and stared ahead at the rock on the wall,
trying to will the line of fire to the object she was looking
at.

She chewed unconsciously on her lip and squeezed the
trigger, reactively closing her eyes as the shot fired off.

When she opened them, she saw a nice new hole in the middle of the wall...no where near the target rock.

She spun around though, gun still in hand and was grinning
at Fett. "Well, that was fun!"

ReaperFett
Sep 22nd, 2001, 11:01:09 PM
:: Fett sidestepped away as the apprentice brought the pistol back round, grinning at the shot.

"It can be fun. Now, try again. This time. Try not closing your eyes" He said, smiling ::

Estelle Russard
Sep 23rd, 2001, 09:01:09 PM
Taking another deep breath, Estelle lined up her sight again, pistol held firmly in both hands as before. It still felt strange.

Focusing again on the target, she squeezed the trigger.
Again she shut her eyes as it fired off. Again there was another new hole in the outside wall, and the target rock
sitting undisturbed as before.

She turned apologetically to Fett, "This is gonna take me
some getting used to, Im afraid."

Estelle Russard
Sep 30th, 2001, 01:50:02 AM
Estelle handed Fett back the weapon.

"Its late, and I've taken up too much of your night already.
Maybe I can practice some more at the Academy training
grounds, if you think that is a good idea."

She bent to pick up her small back of belongings and placed
it on the bed.

"I should probably get some sleep now. And you can maybe
get some more now too." She smiled at him.

ReaperFett
Sep 30th, 2001, 05:30:53 PM
:: Fett moves his hands back from the gun, and shakes his head.

"No, keep it. It's yours. Just remember, you will improve with practice" He said sagely ::

Estelle Russard
Sep 30th, 2001, 05:44:50 PM
Taking the gun, and looking it over, Estelle grinned.

"Well, this is a first. Cant say anyone has given me a gun before"

ReaperFett
Sep 30th, 2001, 06:12:37 PM
:: "Well, It isn't exactly a normal present" Fett replied, returning the smile ::

Estelle Russard
Sep 30th, 2001, 07:20:13 PM
"Do they have a targeting range or something in the training area? I dont think its a good idea for me to randomly shoot the wall out there. Someday someone may be waking past"

ReaperFett
Oct 5th, 2001, 05:51:50 PM
:: "Hmmmm, well, not as such. But, there are a lot of rooms and areas unused round here. If you wanted, I could get someone to make one" Ash replied, thinking ::

Estelle Russard
Oct 5th, 2001, 10:38:38 PM
She smiled "Anything, I guess that would help me improve my aim"
"What did you have in mind?"