PDA

View Full Version : Walking with Teka (Closed)

Nichos Marr
Jul 18th, 2001, 02:27:55 PM
Nichos waited outside of his room for Teka to arrive. So far in Teka's training, the Jedi Knight had managed to figure out more and more about the aspiring young Padawan. Teka was born to be a Jedi warrior, strong in the light. Nichos knew that he would soon be ready to advance to the next level. First Nichos wanted to put him through a little "trial" of his own.

The Jedi began to pace back and forth out of boredem. He was equipped with only his lightsaber which he usually kept with him. Other then that, Nichos didn't have a single weapon on him. He was a follower of the Light Path. Weapons were useless to him.

He made whistling sounds with his teeth, making a small tune of his own. He had heard it when he was a child. His mother had sung it to him, before he went to sleep. Then she died...

Nichos shook his head. Let the past be the past, he thought to himself, using techniques to control emotions. The Jedi slumped against the wall, and yawned. He could feel Teka's presence nearby.

Joel Hardy
Jul 18th, 2001, 03:37:54 PM
(This message was left blank)

Teka Kenobi
Jul 18th, 2001, 04:16:24 PM
The door to Teka's room opened gently to reveal the smartly dressed Jedi. Covered in black, with his hood down, he walked out of his room to be greeted by his Master, Nichos. Teka made a half bow and greeted his Master.

With Teka, was Vertex, one half of his double black/purple sabre. It was at his waist and his over shaulls hid it. Smiling he took in a deep breath and spoke.

Morning Master.

Nichos Marr
Jul 18th, 2001, 09:13:38 PM
"Top of the morning to you."

Nichos grinned at his padawan. He put both of his hands in his robe sleeves and began to walk down the halls. Teka followed alongside.

"All that black makes you look like a terrorist."

The Jedi Knight chuckled. He was of course joking around with Teka. Black was mostly known as a Sith's garments, but clothing did not count. It's what was inside, and Teka was definately a good person.

"Teka, if you had the chance to save someone who was a good person, but it would require you to sacrifice yourself in the process, would you do it?"

Nichos didn't stop walking when he asked the question. They had already passed through several halls and were now heading toward the small library.

Teka Kenobi
Jul 19th, 2001, 02:24:00 AM
Teka closed his eyes at the question. Certainly a hard one to answer. He stopped still and his Mastre walked on a short distance before turning to face him. He knew his answer, but wasn't sure how to display it. He sighed finding no alternative, and with a couple of simple words got his reply across.

Yes.

Teka wasn't sure of what response he'd get. The fact that he didn't know how to answer the question made him feel uneasy. His reply was the truth however, he would sacrifice himself for another person..a good person.

Nichos Marr
Jul 19th, 2001, 10:18:31 AM
Nichos nodded in acknowledgement. He brought one hand back to comb through his hair as they turned the corner of the Living Quarters. The Jedi opened the door with his real hands, other then using the Force.

"Remember that the Force is not something that should be relied on. We must rely on our own senses and feelings sometimes. This will help greatly when Force usage is not an option and you're stuck in a bind."

Nichos sighed.

"There are creatures such as Ysalimiri that have a unique ability to dampen the Force with these ten meter wide Force bubbles they create. The Ysalimir orginate from a planet called Mrkyr."

They continued their walk in the Library which had a fresher kind of air to it then the rest of the Living Quarters. As they ascended up a staircase, Nichos began to speak again.

"Pertaining back to the first question I asked you. You answered correctly...But why did you say you would?" He said. "It's not just a Jedi's duty to do such a thing, there is something else causing you to choose yes. What is that something else?"

Teka Kenobi
Jul 19th, 2001, 01:25:35 PM
Teka carried on walking. His gaze was directed at the floor, and his Master opened most of the doors. He took a mental note of these Ysalimiri and the planet on which they came from. If this was the species he was thinking of, then these creatures required trees to survive. He answered his Master quickly.

If, Master, I was to save myself. And let another die. Would I not be being selfish? Would I not have just strayed into the darkside? Not only would I stay as a lightsider, but I also would be prooving myself as a Jedi.

Teka was not sure if what he said was true, but he wasn't sure there was a correct answer to this type of question. He thought about what he said and lifted his head to see where he was headed.

Nichos Marr
Jul 19th, 2001, 06:26:03 PM
"I can feel the small insecurity inside of you. A part of you feels as if you might be answering wrong. Believe me, there is nothing wrong with answering wrong. In fact, there is no real right or wrong answer. I just wanted to know your point of view on certain matters.

Now, I am sure you have studied the Jedi Code at least a little. Tell me, what is it to you? What does it mean to you? Does it bear any importance on how you act?"

Nichos stopped at the top of the staircase and took a seat at a table on the top floor of the library. He motioned for Teka to join him.

Teka Kenobi
Jul 21st, 2001, 05:42:47 AM
Teka took a seat, and put a very serious face on. His reply was dull, but again serious. Looking at his Master in the eye he spoke.

Yes Master it does..Wherever I go and whatever I do, I will keep these qualities. These things keep me from straying into the darkside, and as long as I keep and respect this code I will always be a Jedi

Nichos Marr
Jul 21st, 2001, 02:36:18 PM
"But they are just words. Some may argue and say that words mean nothing. Some say that actions define who we are, not words."

Nichos thought for a moment.

"What would be your response to these people?"

Teka Kenobi
Jul 21st, 2001, 04:04:22 PM
Are these people Sith? If so I'm not suprised words mean nothing. I speak the truth and anyone who challenges what I say must question their own beleifs. However, I do beleive that actions speak louder than words. But at this moment I have nothing to prove. And until that time I will prove nothing.

Teka thought about what he said. He was very sure of his words and confident in his beleif. As his Master said they were only words, but at that point in time that was all they could be. Words.

Nichos Marr
Jul 21st, 2001, 09:36:15 PM
"These people are not Sith. Have you forgotten Sith bear their own code too? Words have as much value to Sith as they do to Jedi. In fact, I don't detect much of a difference in Sith or Jedi, save the good and evil part."

Nichos stood up from his chair and began to walk again. Teka followed him.

"Teka, if you had the chance to kill a Sith, the cause of evil, would you do it? Or would you show him mercy, even though he would most likely resume his occupation after you saved him."

The Jedi Knight excitedly awaited a response from his Padawan. He had only asked this question once before, and it had been to himself. Nichos wonderded what Teka would say.

Teka Kenobi
Jul 22nd, 2001, 07:06:23 AM
Teka starred at his Master. He was supprised by the question. It somehow, seemed out of line in a way, compared to the other questions. Teka answered quietly.

Master, if I faught the Sith, and I fught fairly, then yes I would kill him or her. However I would not kill the Sith in an unfair situation. I will not stoop down to their level.

Teka watched his Master and waited for a response, he wasn't sure how he was doing in this question/answer sesion but he hoped he was doing ok.

Nichos Marr
Jul 22nd, 2001, 11:11:59 AM
"Ahh but if you weren't to stoop down to their level and help save them, the Sith would just go off to murder some more helpless people."

Nichos bowed his head while he walked. He himself had never murdered a Sith, and wouldn't jump at the chance to do so. Although they praised dark, the Sith were living creatures too. Nichos would be a little confused if he had the chance to kill a Sith.

"Contradicting what I just said, I will add something. Killing is not always the right answer. Try to exhaust all other options before you choose to kill a Sith."

They passed by Teka's room again, having completed a full circle. Nichos toned his voice down to a whisper.

"Do you fear death Teka?"

Teka Kenobi
Jul 22nd, 2001, 04:07:53 PM
Teka smiled and looked up at his Master. He had actually asked himself this very question before and had decided on one very specific answer.

Master, if I am helping others, in need when I die, then no. I do not fear death. However if I die at the cause of my own ignorance and selfishness, then yes I do fear death. I hope you understand that Master.

Teka looked up at his Master wondering how he'd respond. This morning had been one philosophical (is that right?) discussion, that Teka had certainly benifitted from, and would think about later.

Nichos Marr
Jul 23rd, 2001, 11:23:52 AM
"Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to Anger, Angel leads to Hate, Hate leads to Suffering. Beware the Dark Side, Teka Kenobi. It comes to you in many forms and shapes, masquerading itself as an easy way out."

Nichos was sure that Teka knew all of this. He was happy how this conversation was going. The Jedi only had one more question for his Padawan.

"Do you ever lose hope in fighting against the Dark Side?"

Teka Kenobi
Jul 23rd, 2001, 04:56:18 PM
Teka smiled and replied hurridly.

First off Master, when I said 'if I die at the cause of my own ignorance and selfishness, then yes I do fear death' What I mean't was I would no longer be with the light. That will never happen so I do not fear death. Secondly hope is one huge factor in fighting the dark side. To loose that factor would be to pull the plughole in my fight for justice. I will never give up hope. It gives me confidence and my confidence gives me more hope. I do not grow over confident, else my hopes go too high, but I keep it at a reasonable level, and aim for a reachable target.

Teka looked at his Master expectantly, waiting a resonse.

Nichos Marr
Jul 24th, 2001, 11:55:10 AM
"Thank you for your time Teka. Training at the academy will begin again in 5 hours. Please prepare yourself and meet me in the main academy hall."

Nichos gave Teka a confident smile and began to walk away, slowly whistling to himself.

Teka Kenobi
Jul 24th, 2001, 12:31:03 PM
Teka smiled and walked into his room. Today would be a good one, he thought to himself. Now he would ready for the training that would take place later.