PDA

View Full Version : "Home"

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 3rd, 2002, 01:50:13 PM
As Thanatos entered the Jedi Living Quarters block a large smile spread over his face. Just the entrance itself had a very welcoming aura about it, a very nice change from the interior of the Sith Empire HQ. Since arriving he'd been carrying around what small baggage he had in a duffel bag, and now decided it was time to get settled - after all, he had no intention of leaving.

He stood in the foyer and glanced around. He had no idea where the empty rooms were, and was in need of a little help.

Xazor
Mar 3rd, 2002, 04:31:37 PM
Xazor was on her way to her room after a heavy spar. She walked down the path to the Living Quarters and then entered into the large foyer. Blood ran down her arm from a deep cut, but she paid not attention to it. Pain was an element of the mind and right now, her soul was at peace. Suddenly she spotted a man who appeared slightly lost. Walking up behind him, she spoke.

Greetings to you, newcomer. My name is Xazor and I know you are Thanatos Van Derveld. We have met before, but I do not think we were properly introduced.

She said in a soft voice. She had met him in the bar and immediatly picked up on his kind nature. He turned around and smiled gently at her. She held out her arm for a warrior's hand shake, not typical of most people around the Jedi Order.

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 3rd, 2002, 04:56:15 PM
"Good to meet you, Xazor!"

Thanatos accepted the offer and shook her hand lightly, grimacing as he looked at the blood staining her skin on her arm.

"Ouch, that looks pretty painful," he said tilting his head somewhat, "Just been in a fight with a Sith?"

Xazor
Mar 3rd, 2002, 05:00:49 PM
She smiled slightly as he spoke.

It does not bring me as much pain as one might think. Yes, I just fought a Sith.......how did you guess?

She laughed a bit to herself as she questioned him.

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 3rd, 2002, 05:03:28 PM
He smiled somewhat. He'd dreaded people judging him on his mother and fathers actions, but maybe she didn't know anything about his family.

"Oh, just a lucky guess I suppose," Thanatos said, "Afterall though.. a Jedi would never cause such a wound to another Jedi, right?"

Xazor
Mar 3rd, 2002, 05:45:31 PM
She picked up on this thoughts immediatly and smiled.

Right.....they wouldn't.

She said and then her eyes fell to the floor as she thought.

Do not worry about your parents, I too have a dark past....................very dark.

She said suddenly. She was a very blunt person and often caught people off guard.....this happened to be one of those moments.

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 3rd, 2002, 06:13:47 PM
He brought his hand up to rub the back of his neck uneasily.

"Do people here judge you on it?"

His past was not only past, but present. His father was at large, even if his mother was not. The name he bore was cursed.

Xazor
Mar 3rd, 2002, 07:20:50 PM
She shook her head and smiled brightly.

No, no one has judged me since I came three months ago.

She said in a soft yet confident voice.

Sia Lan Darkheart
Mar 4th, 2002, 02:38:44 AM
A shadow separated from the others and shaped into a human. The shadows then fall away and uncover the young jedi knight. Without a word, Sia-lan walked over to Xazor and touched her wound. She closed her eyes and focused her force ability on the wound and healing it. It slowly closed shut and the bleeding stoped. All that is left after a few moments is a small scar. Sia opened her eyes and nods slightly to Xazor.

"So how did you get that wound?" She asks Xazor in a joking manor.

She then turns to Thanatos and nods, smiling.

"Hello. I'm Sia-lan Darkheart, one of the jedi knights around here. And judging pasts isn't something we do around here. If it was then they would take one glance at me and kick me out." she smirks slightly.

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 4th, 2002, 01:44:22 PM
Thanatos nodded and smiled at the new arrival.

"That's good - nice to meet you, by the way, Sia," he paused, "It's ok to call you Sia, right?"

He grinned uneasily.

Xazor
Mar 4th, 2002, 09:59:44 PM
Xazor was surprised at the presence of her friend. She was even more shocked when she healed her wound.

Hey, I could have done that myself........I wanted to leave the scar........it was my punishment.

She looked down at the floor when she said this and back up at Sia, giving her a slight smile.

Sorry...............a Sith gave it from me.............I actually kinda gave it to myself.

She said, lowering her head as she thought of what she had done to deserve it.

Sia Lan Darkheart
Mar 5th, 2002, 01:14:54 AM
Sia-lan shrugs slightly at Thanatos question about her name.

"Most people around here just call me Sia or Sia-lan depending on their likings."

She hears Xazors comment about the wound. She looks back at her and Sia places her hand on Xazor's sholder.

"No matter what you did or what you do, you will never deserve to be hurt." Sia says to her softly.

Xazor
Mar 6th, 2002, 12:35:49 AM
Xazor shakes her head.

I did deserve this.........

She says, looking down at the scar on her arm.

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 6th, 2002, 01:47:06 PM
"Scars are a sign of the past. You have to try not to dwell on the past, or it'll destroy you in the end."

He spoke from his own experiences, and boy - did he have some experiences.

Xazor
Mar 6th, 2002, 08:29:03 PM
You are right.....

She smiled and nodded, changing the subject.

So, I see that you are training under my Master? He is wonderful and you shall enjoy his training.

She said, forcing a smile.

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 7th, 2002, 03:05:50 PM
"I hope so. We have a lot of things in common, so I think there will be a good bond between he and I," Thanatos nodded.

Xazor
Mar 7th, 2002, 06:10:26 PM
Xazor smiled slightly.

Yes.......the bond that he and I share is strong.......I could not have wished for a better person to train me.

She said softly, brushing stray pieces of hair from her face.

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 8th, 2002, 02:37:48 PM
"Perhaps I might get the same bond someday," he laughed quietly.

He was in actual fact very much looking forward to training with the Garou Knight - his father had never taught him much of his species except the basics, so perhaps Master Verse could enlighten him a little more.

Sia Lan Darkheart
Mar 8th, 2002, 09:27:09 PM
Sia-lan glances at Thanatos's bags.

"Uh are you looking for a room? Or do you walk around with bags like that all the time?" she asks him, smiling a bit.

Xazor
Mar 9th, 2002, 12:47:01 AM
Xazor forced a smile again as Sia spoke.

I think he is looking for a room........

She said softly as she glanced at the scar on her left arm again.

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 9th, 2002, 05:09:06 AM
"Yup!"

Thanatos pats the bag on his back, glancing back at it.

"Was hoping to find somewhere to crash here, I figure I'll be more protected here than out on the families castle since they know where it is."

Xazor
Mar 9th, 2002, 01:36:12 PM
Ya know, there is an empty room across from mine in the east wing. It is pretty big.

She offered with a smile.

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 9th, 2002, 02:27:05 PM
Thanatos shifted the bag on his shoulder and nodded with a grin.

"Great! Lead the way?"

Xazor
Mar 9th, 2002, 05:57:45 PM
Xazor nodded and motioned for him to follow her. First they took the hallway to their right. Walking down several smaller corridors and zig zagging throughout the complex until they reached an indoor fountain waterfall. Xazor stopped for a moment and admired it as she had done every day since she arrived and then took the hallway to their left. It was long and darker than most of the other ones due to a light that had burned out the other day, but it still had that same feeling of "home" to it. It was a dead end hall and Xazor stopped directly in front of the last door on her right. Her room was on the left side of the hall and the empty room was just across the way. She turned around and smiled at Thanatos.

That is the empty room if you wish to take it.

She said, motioning for the door in front of them.

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 10th, 2002, 01:15:09 PM
Thanatos looked at the door and nodded with a smile.

"I'm sure it's great, thanks."

He glanced over his shoulder across the hall at the doorway he assumed was Xazors.

"And you live just over there, huh?"

Xazor
Mar 10th, 2002, 01:17:18 PM
She nodded and smiled.

Yes, and if you ever need anything.......or just someone to talk to.......that's where you'll find me.

She smiled brightly.

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 10th, 2002, 01:22:27 PM
He gave a nod then pushed the door to his new room open a little.

"I would invite you in for a drink or something but ... well I don't have any drinks."

He laughed nervously then looked back into the empty room.

"You can come in if you want, if your bored enough that is," Thanatos laughed.

Sia Lan Darkheart
Mar 10th, 2002, 06:17:23 PM
Sia-lan had walked away from the two when they headed to the rooms bididng them good bye.

OOC: SOrry ment to post earlyer and got side tracked.

Xazor
Mar 10th, 2002, 07:14:46 PM
She laughed and then nodded with a smile.

I will.......you might need the company after a while. It'll be nice though, once you get your personal stuff set up and everything......

She said as she looked at the floor nervously. She hated having nothing intelligent to say.....especially to a man.......in particular, this one. He was different from the rest......she smiled as her thoughts were interrupted when he coughed slightly.

Well......I guess I'll stop in and see you later......

She said reaching back to put her hand on her door.......but she underestimated the distance and went falling, quickly catching herself with the Force. She turned an aweful shade of red as she brushed her hair out of her face.

I'm gonna........go and, uh........work on my lightsaber!

She said, taking her saber off of her weapons belt, and looking at it as though something needed to be adjusted........though she knew nothing did......it was a good escape line, though......before she embarassed herself any further.

OOC: That's okay Sia! We just left you in the dust anyway........ ;) hehehe

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 11th, 2002, 01:53:53 PM
Thanatos smiled at her clumsiness. He didn't understand what was causing it, but it was amusing none the less. As she inspected her saber hilt, he canted his head a little whilst watching her.

"It looks fine to me," he said, poking at her plan to escape the embarassment.

"Though if it's broken, maybe I can help you? My father showed me quite a bit about constructing lightsabers,"

He nodded. It was true, Thanatos could work wonders with electronics.

Xazor
Mar 11th, 2002, 06:05:29 PM
Ah, I think you are right. It will be okay....

She nodded with a crooked grin.

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 12th, 2002, 01:44:55 PM
"Ok... cool, then."

He turned around slowly and paced a few steps into his room, glancing back.

"I'll see you later then, huh?"

Thanatos smiled a bit, remaing silent for a bit.

"Come by whenever you want, Xazor,"

And with that, he turned, closed the door, and began to get settled in.

Xazor
Mar 12th, 2002, 09:12:58 PM
Xazor smiled brightly and nodded.

Yeah, I'll stop in later!

She shouted through the closed door and then back up to hers, looking at his door for a moment, she laughed and then turned and entered her room.

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 16th, 2002, 09:26:53 AM
There was nothing in the room that seperated it from the others. It had a bed, a cupboard, a 'refresher' and that was about it. Thanatos sighed slightly and walked over to the set, sitting down. A wide paned window was built into the wall on his left, overlooking the surroundings of the LQ.

The Padawan furrowed around in his bag some before pulling out a picture frame. He set it on the sill of the window and placed his lightsaber hilt down by it.

Thanatos then lay back on the bed and stared intently up into the picture, yawning a little as he wondered how things would turn out to be from now on ...