PDA

View Full Version : A New Room for a Newcomer

Niklos Thorson
May 2nd, 2002, 08:58:00 AM
As he wandered down the corridor, Niklos Thorson checked every door he passed, looking for the room he had been assigned. Seeing it, he picked up pace, and opened the door. Looking behind him, he saw his Astromech catching up, dragging a small hoversled on which rested a storage container. Raising a hand to indicate for the droid to stop, he picked the container off the sled and put it down inside his room, before turning back.

"Gizmo, tonight I want you to stay with the X-Wing" He said.

" <font size=1>WHY IS THIS MASTER...<font size=2>" said the droid, in a mechanic voice.

"I just want you to keep an eye on it. We had problems getting here, remember? I want someone to keep an eye on it, to make sure it doesn't overheat again" He interrupted.

" <font size=1>VERY WELL<font size=2>" Came the reply, before Gizmo turned round and headed back down the corridor.

Entering his room, he immediately shut and locked his door, before surveying his surroundings. The room was basic, but had everything needed. A quite comfortable looking bed sat in the corner, and by that a table and two chairs. a large cupboard stood nearby, which doubled as a simple wardrobe. Of in a side room was a 'fresher. Aside from this however, the room was quite empty. Hmm, I wonder... he thought, before leaving the room.

Moments later he returned, pushing a hoversled carrying a large metal object. When he had landed he had seen the unused part of a reactor tank sitting in the corner of the hangar. Now, after having given it a good washdown, it would wor for what he was doing.

Finding it fit just into his door, Niklos pushed the sled away down the corridor, before rolling the tank into the 'fresher. Setting it down, he took out some simple pilots tools from his container, and settled down to work...

It took a few hours, but it was worth it. He had managed to alter some piping to his room so that water could be poured in. A simple bar system would heat the water if so desired, as the Yavin IV nights could be especially cool. Stripping down to just a pair of shorts, Niklos got himself a drink from his container, and got into his newly made tub. Slowly leaning back into it, the pilot began to drift into thought. All alone again. At least now noone is relying on me...