PDA

View Full Version : Absent friends,Present fears

Estelle Russard
Apr 14th, 2002, 12:52:11 AM
Estelle dropped her duffle-bag on the floor as she entered into the empty apartment.

ReaperFett was still away, and Kazaar who had recently returned her to Arcan IV after an exciting few months and then left for "business" reasons, meant she was without the two people she was closest too, and loved the most beside her own family.

It felt odd to be alone. The room felt cold. And was so quiet.

Crossing into the kitchen, she opened the cooler, but it was empty. She needed to get supplies.

She would do that later.

Kicking off her shoes, the young Padawan slumped into the sofa chair and looked blankly at the furnishings.

Azhure Darkstone
Apr 14th, 2002, 04:58:31 AM
::Azhure had been walking down the hall, carrying two bottles of coke she'd kinda borrowed from the kitchen, when she noticed one room was occupied where it hadnt been before. She still hadnt kicked the habit of wanting to know what was happening and where everything was exactly. Curiosity took its form and she knocked on the door::

Hello?

Estelle Russard
Apr 14th, 2002, 04:47:01 PM
She leant forward on the sofa in an effort to see around the partially opened door. She hadnt closed it properly, and she was surprised to see someone there.

Estelle got up and came over to answer, seeing a young woman she hadnt met before.

"Hi, are you looking for someone?" (She thought perhaps she had come to see ReaperFett, this being his apartment) "Fett isnt here right now, but I can take a message for him, if you like...?"

Azhure Darkstone
Apr 19th, 2002, 01:54:09 AM
:;Azhure smiled and shook her head::

No no, my curiosity getting the best of me I'm afraid. I thought this apartment empty so I came to investigate.
if I am intruding I apologise and will be on my way.

::She smiled, looking at the face of the woman and notign that this apartment was indeed taken. Her memory stored that information to form the map in her head of the GJO. She must stop doing this.
It was rather rude and she did not need to take these precations, this was not the hall of the CrimsonSun assasins where life depended on knowing who was friend and who was foe::

Are you new?

Estelle Russard
Apr 20th, 2002, 03:02:31 AM
Estelle opened the door wider and smiled warmly, gesturing for her visitor to come in.

"Please, you are not intruding. I am here by myself at the moment and the place feels quite empty.

I joined the order about 4-5 months ago, but I have been travelling for a good portion of that time."

Realising they had yet to be properly introduced, she held out a hand in greeting.

"My name is Estelle Russard. I am a padawan of Master ReaperFett."

Azhure Darkstone
Apr 24th, 2002, 03:13:59 AM
::ah, so thatw as why she had never seen the face. gah, here she goes again::

Please excuse my rudeness. I am Azhure Darkstone and my master is Warren Azalin.

::She accepted Estelles offer with a smile and looked around::

it may seem empty now but it is quite a nice room.

Estelle Russard
Apr 27th, 2002, 01:34:17 AM
"Nice to meet you Azhure. I am looking forward to getting to know more of the Jedi here at the Order."

She smiled as Azhure complimented the room.

"Fett is very neat, and has made the apartment comfortable. But it is not the same with him away. I am not used to being alone."

The two sat opposite each other across a low glass table.

"I have seen Master Azalin. He is well known and has a good reputation.

Where are you from Azhure? Are you from Arcan IV?"

Azhure Darkstone
Apr 27th, 2002, 05:17:38 AM
::Azhure smiled with a different look in her eyes and shook her head::

I am from everwhere and anywhere. I spent my life going everywhere and was never anywhere long enough to call a place home. You could say I come from the universe.
Where have you come from?

:;She lookd around and noticed the holopad on the exact side of the room as her own. So every room was based on the exact same design. Telling herself off again she concentrated on her new aquaitance::

Estelle Russard
Apr 28th, 2002, 02:20:25 AM
Estelle followed Azhures gaze as she noted the datapad, and then the frown that crossed her face - as if her thoughts were not calm ones.

She pretended not to have noticed.

"I am from Tr' Nuva. Unlike you with what sounds like a broad experience of the galaxy, I have led quite a sheltered life. Tr' Nuva is made up of many farming communities. I am a farmers daughter (she smiled shyly) and have a farmers good sense hopefully.

Until recently, coming here to Arcan IV was the exten of my travels. In the passed few months, I have spent some time with a bounty hunter named Kazaar - its a long story - and did quite a bit of travelling."

She finished with a light laugh.

"So far, much of the universe I have seen has not been very pleasant."

Estelle's voice took on an apologetic tone. "I'm sorry, I dont have much to offer you by way of refreshment. Perhaps we could go to the Bar and Grill, if you are hungry."

Azhure Darkstone
Apr 28th, 2002, 03:48:51 AM
:;Most places are unpleasant, it is the people that make it pleasant. believe me, living a very unsheltered life was not very pleasant. You learn things we wish you'd never seen.

::She smiled a little and nodded at the suggestion of the bar::

That sounds good, though only your company is needed to be a good host. Good company is more than enough.

Estelle Russard
Apr 28th, 2002, 08:09:26 PM
Estelle smiled at Azhures kind words. She spoke as one who had known much trials and perhaps sadness, and had a certain grace to her outlook.

"Thankyou Azhure, that is very kind."

Estelle stood. "But I just got back in, and am quite hungry. Would you mind if we got something to eat? We can talk as we walk to the B & G"

Azhure Darkstone
May 3rd, 2002, 03:31:10 AM
:;Azhure smiled and stood, nodding.
She was getting used to being friendly and did like it, darker times hid darker memories but being around people had a different affect. Her own stomach was not crying for food, but a drink would certainly do well.::

Of course not. The Bar and Grill it is.

Estelle Russard
May 5th, 2002, 05:58:25 PM
The two left the apartment and walked down the hallways of the Living Quarters, becoming more and more comfortable in each others company.

"How is your training coming along Azhure?"

Azhure Darkstone
May 7th, 2002, 04:44:47 AM
::Azhure nodded and looked around at the hall, the people and the basic feeling. She laughed a bit and looked back at Estelle::

It's coming along I guess. It has its ups and downs.
I am certainly learning many things.

::LIke tryint to accept your past, forgiveness. But that was a different story for another time. Her face came dark for one second then went back to normal as she put another mask behind feeling she did not want anyone to see. She grinned and opened the door to another hall for estelle::

What about your training?

Estelle Russard
May 9th, 2002, 01:07:51 AM
Estelle smiled as Azhure asked her question. She was inwardly pleased with her growth as a student of the Jedi and her recent promotion to Knight still made her grin with pride whenever she thought of it.

"I am doing pretty good so far. To be honest, I am thrilled just to be at the GJO and even have the chance to learn. I feel I have found my place and am doing the most important thing I can do by being here."

Estelle had noticed Azhure's facial expressions, and how she often seemed to think deep of things at times, causing a shadow to pass along her features. She seemed wise to Estelle in that understated way that people who have travelled a hard road are wise. Estelle wished she would open up and that they could become close friends. But that would take time, she guessed. Some things, like trust and comraderie, could not be rushed.

Instead, as was her natural curious way, she asked
"Have you...have you ever encountered a Sith?"

Azhure Darkstone
May 12th, 2002, 02:49:30 AM
:: Ah the GJO was a special place. And people here were a big possibility for friends, she was used to people you could only trust as far as a mission. GJO was a special place indeed. She smile at Estelle, liking the woman. A possible good friend. Azhure shook her head::

I have seen a few and talked to a few in the bar. I have heard stories. I have not encountered one in battle as yet but that time will come for us all.
Have you ever encountered a sith?

Estelle Russard
May 14th, 2002, 01:13:03 AM
Estelle nodded, as she remembered.

"I havent seen one in battle either...I am a little afraid of it, I must admit - unsure of myself and my reactions as a true Jedi. But..." and here she stopped and turned to Azhure looking directly into her new friend's face, "....I have met a couple Sith women - Lady Vader and Live Wire and what scares me the most is...they were nothing like I imagined Sith to be. It was very very unnerving."

Azhure Darkstone
May 15th, 2002, 01:16:43 AM
::Azhure nodded, agreeing. Those women she had observed::

What I have noticed is that some sith seem more hostile than others and while all are evil, some seem more approachable. it is interesting to observe. But do not worry, if you are ever in a battle with too many sith, you have friends who can help.

::She allowed a smile to her face and found they were near the bar. She wondered who would be around tonight, always a different crowd, different people, regular people. Occasionaly sith.
She stepped back to allow Estelle in first::

Estelle Russard
May 15th, 2002, 11:38:16 PM
The noisy atmosphere of the Bar & Grill greeted her as Estelle led the way into the Bar.

Continued here. (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18699)