PDA

View Full Version : Joining.....

True Blue 9
Apr 8th, 2001, 08:51:59 AM
Ok, I used to roleplay at one of the many forums that was called "The Jedi Council" (not the one on my sig). I RPed there for around 8 months or so, and I was a Jedi Master. Will I have to re-train if I join GJO?

Hart Kenobi
Apr 8th, 2001, 01:56:23 PM
Well, the basis or ranks is more or less decided on a rpers experience. Do you believe that you have significantly rped enough and on a high enough level to truly become a master right now?

JediKnightAL
Apr 8th, 2001, 03:07:25 PM
hey if he gets that then so should I!!!
i used to be part of an old board...like The New Galactic Council!
i was there for like 2 years!

JediBeldarine
Apr 11th, 2001, 07:17:13 PM
I do agree with Al on this (though I hate to admit it).

I RPed (not on the computer) for about 7 years before I landed in SWFans.net.. if I should have to start over from padawan, everyone should.. whether or not they had Computer RP experience.

I've RPed Beldarine ever since I was 14... god I'm old

;)

Darth Turbogeek
Apr 11th, 2001, 09:02:47 PM
Usually, you prove yourself here. Anyone can say they RP for X amount of time, so we want to see that you can do it. If you really can RP that well.... then it will become obvious real quick.

Graendal al Tairen
Apr 11th, 2001, 10:06:47 PM
::claps::

Well said, DT

Vega Van Derveld
Apr 12th, 2001, 07:56:43 AM
No matter how long you've been around, you should only be promoted on the basis of the RPing you do with group you are in. Just because you RPed at some other board for years doesn't mean you're qualified to be a Master of a group straight away.

er.. that's all i have to say.

True Blue 9
Apr 12th, 2001, 08:44:10 PM
Seems to me as if some other people had to start as a padawan, I might as well too. I'm not lying, but you do have no proof I RPed anywhere else for 'X' amount of time. I guess I'll be fair to everyone else and be a padawan again. It'll be fun starting over anyways...