PDA

View Full Version : Seeking a Jedi Council Member

Kwan Gin Kenobi
Jun 5th, 2001, 09:40:59 PM
OOC: Purposely Removes all text. Sees that others need to understand if one who needs prove in their training history and can not show it on the boards does not mean they can not up hold the standards and honor of a true Jedi. Yes, I do understand where you set up rules and regulations for all to follow, but in some cases I heard there have been exceptions on the rpg boards.

Liam Jinn
Jun 6th, 2001, 09:27:56 AM
There's a Jedi Council here, We just elected a new one not too long ago. Before you can get on the Council you have to RP long enough to get into Avalon, then RP more to make people respect you..THEN, there's a chance to get on the council..:)

Kwan Gin Kenobi
Jun 6th, 2001, 07:20:53 PM
:: turns away from the window and bows to Jedi Knight Liam Jinn

Liam Jinn
Jun 7th, 2001, 12:29:01 AM
1) Every once and awile, but the boards we visit are usually ones we already know.
2) Not very often at all
3) It depends
4) Because they forgot to add me :) Nah, there was 8 council members last election, I was one of them, but I didn't get elected this time cause I disapeared for awile..we have 11 now because we decided on 10 and there was a tie I think..

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Jun 7th, 2001, 06:47:02 PM
::smiles at the newcomer and turns to Liam::

You did a great job answering his questions. Any further ones...I will check back later.

Kwan Gin Kenobi
Jun 9th, 2001, 03:21:25 AM
:: bows to Jedi Master Leia Solo upon his glance.

Liam Jinn
Jun 10th, 2001, 01:13:16 AM
You know, you'd have to be a padawan first before being able to train...you have to prove yourself worthy of becoming a knight. AFTER you become a knight, you could train. Don't expect to get promoted before 2 months of being here, unless you are excelent..

OOC: No, but it helps :) Oh and sorry I'm not Leia..oh and you can't just join here and be a master..if you join, you'd be a padawan, unless you speak with higher authorities, please don't start posting like you're a master..

Kwan Gin Kenobi
Jun 11th, 2001, 02:21:56 AM
:: look at Jedi Knight Liam Jinn.

"I know how a Padawan Learner begins in all training, but each place has a different way of accepting potential Padawans."

Liam Jinn
Jun 11th, 2001, 02:56:28 AM
OOC: Where are you training and I see nothing here dealing with your past..

Kwan Gin Kenobi
Jun 11th, 2001, 04:48:56 AM

Liam Jinn
Jun 11th, 2001, 04:59:18 AM
OOC: Ok, thats chats, sorry man, you have to go through training here before you can train..It's the rules, no exceptions..but, I'm sure you'll be a good padawan and get promoted fast..

Warren Azalin
Jun 11th, 2001, 05:04:40 AM
OOC: Like Liam said those are chats and as such act as a different universe then that of The Greater Jedi Order. There are those here who have RPed before and started again as a padawan but they showed their skill and went through the ranks rather quickly. So I would say as a Council Member and an Assistant Academy Coordinator that you start again as a padawan. Liam is right in all he's said.

Kwan Gin Kenobi
Jun 11th, 2001, 04:31:20 PM
:: thinks about this for awhile.

"I respect your decision and understand why you have denied my current status here. I have decided to decline the offer of retraining as a padawan. I think you would be better of in designing a exam for Masters who do visit this board, to test their abilities. Or Even place them on a one month trial base with a current Knight or Master to see how they perform. And if they are not up to your standards release them. Any ways, I thank for answering my questions and May the Force be with you always."

Please remove any of my posts and this thread if you wish.

:: bows to you all and leaves the area.

(Actually, the rps in the chats are not as much different than on most boards. Its mainly a waiting time between others to reply.)

Kwan Gin Kenobi
Jun 18th, 2001, 03:50:32 AM
I only came back to see if you changed your minds and I see you have not. It too bad, because I would have enjoyed teaching here. This will be my last post here. Take care.

Liam Jinn
Jun 19th, 2001, 01:49:46 AM
Lol, its rules man..Sorry :)

Odan Urr the Scholar
Jul 1st, 2001, 01:52:42 PM
OOC: Dude...that's over dramatic....but still, I think if you really enjoyed teaching and RPing you'd put some real effort into and work your way up.

Teka Kenobi
Jul 2nd, 2001, 04:22:45 PM
When I become a knight i want to train a kenobi, like hart did me. Only I wont leave. :p ;) :p

Master Varn Areen
Aug 3rd, 2001, 06:21:02 PM
The Jedi Master, not a member of the Greater Jedi Order, but a lone Jedi working to better the Galaxy, rather, speaks on Kenobi's behalf.

"I have known Master Gin for a very long time. He is more than capable of carrying the title of Jedi Master. As he suggested, perhaps allowing him to maintain his status as Master and observing him for a period of time to see -- rather than judge upon meeting -- if he is worthy would be wise."

Master Varn Areen
Aug 3rd, 2001, 07:31:50 PM
OOC: I, too, was a Jedi Master in the TC chatrooms. I wish to keep good relations with the main body of Jedi here, that being the GJO. I will, if absolutely necessary, undertake the proper steps to having myself being recognized as such, even if it means my apprenticeship to another Jedi Master. Would this be acceptable?

Master Varn Areen
Aug 3rd, 2001, 10:52:40 PM
OOC: After browsing the GJO website, I realize I'll have no choice but to start afresh as a Padawan with no prior training or Force talent... although, on the members list, I saw a Master's status pending due to him being a Master from another RPG. But I am open to ideas. Perhaps we could negotiate. I would, however, like to join the GJO.

Force Master Hunter
Aug 6th, 2001, 07:41:32 AM
OOC : A sec with the guys who are here....

Could I speak with you here? I'm the Senior admin here and I just wandered in and saw this. Yeah, I dont usually get in here as I'm not actually a Jedi - or I used to be. But I know the rules as I set a lot of them up. Your from talkcity? And yes we can negotiate.

So tell me again who you are, etc. Traditionally when we come across other Jedi groups who can prove their identity, we actually offer alliances and then respect ranks if that is desired - but I stress, there MUST be proof. If there is none..... I think you know where I come from.

And in case some people query - some of our Masters came from merges and aliiances. Hart himself was offered a Knighthood?? or was it Master? when NP.com and cc.net Council accidently combined. He chose to start again. But the precident was long ago set. Prove you claim and we consider.

However, I do recommend that you do start again. Most Masters elsewhere have chosen to start again, off the top of my head there is two active right now who have done so, there have been more. We tend to recommend that as some players will get p.o. if Masters from another board get acknowledged. The other reason is that Promotions here are very hard won. Knighthood as anyone can ascribe is a test in itself. To gain Master Status - well that is earned big time. NO ONE gets to Master without genuine skill in RP an even then, skill alone often wont be enough. We have had only one Jedi promoted to Master in 6 months because of how stringent the standard is. Even some of our Council are Knights, because of that standard. You really dont get Master by asking, it's earned. And due to the fact this place was home to the best Jedi (no boast there, Darth Turbogeek, Master Yoghurt and Figrin D'An are the best) the bar is set high.

Good luck in what you decide to do.

Varen Windu
Aug 7th, 2001, 02:19:32 PM
I understand.

I've changed my name and removed the Master. I don't believe I'm up to par with the other Jedi Masters -- or Knights, for that matter. I'm relatively new to the EZBoard scene. I will begin with no prior training or Force talent.

I suppose I should let you know I have another character... or two. I play Guardsman Kir Kanos and did play Krell Solusar, until I made him look retarded. Kanos respects Jedi and loathes Sith, so that won't interfere with my obligations here. I would be willing to forfeit the character if necessary.

I am prepared to begin my training whenever found a Master...