PDA

View Full Version : OOC: the way of the Warrior?

Oriadin
Apr 15th, 2002, 11:35:26 AM
I dont know if its just me but I dont really understand what the 'Way Of the Warrior' board is for? Is it for the learning aspect of the martial arts?

My point being that wouldnt that come under training, and therefor go in the training grounds. It seems that the 'Way Of the Warrior' board is pretty redundent. It might be an idea if it were used for Masters to take their padawans on missions. Kind of how Qui Gon Jin took Obi Wan on a mission in the Phantom Menace. Just a thought....

Xazor
Apr 15th, 2002, 08:56:47 PM
It is to learn the martial aspect of the Jedi. There is a need for fighting once and a while, and yes, we learn martial arts, sword play, and bettering our saber combat. I know that particular board is not so active at this moment......but hopefully more people will become more interested in the way of the warrior and revive that board. I am a Warrior, as is just a few others around here.......

Marcus QDunn
Apr 16th, 2002, 07:14:08 AM
There is a few different ways to look at what a Jedi is. Mainly, Jedi are Scholars, healers, teachers. A jedi does learn marial arts, but that is not the main reason for the Jedit exist.

However, there is a rarer sect and that is a Jedi Warrior. They are the rarest Jedi of all, ones who are dedicated to warfare in all it's different forms. Now before you get doubtful, Warrior Jedi do exist in TPM / AOTC - the main one of the time is Ploo Koon. In the EU, they pop up now and then as well. And of course, Kenobi was a General.

This is the Way of The Warrior is. It's a sect. It does differ a bit as it has a nominal head or should. It's floudered a bit while I was not about. That will be fixed n the next few months. It advances the idea seen so far and also bundles up a few other things - like the fact there have ben Jedi Warlords. The Warriors here also form part of the NRSF, the New Republic Special Forces.They also dont limit themselves to sabres.

Being a Warrior is not just about sword play tho. A Warrior has a much more attuned sense of right and wrong and has a far more black and white view of the Galaxy.

Hope that explains things

Oriadin
Apr 16th, 2002, 07:21:56 AM
Yeah, I think I understand. Basically its not training, but instead where a select group of jedi work at being warriors. I got a little confused as to what it was because the discription led me to belive it was for martial arts type training.

Thanks for the explination!

Azhure Darkstone
Apr 19th, 2002, 03:26:19 AM
when do you have the choice of joining? after you get promoted to knight?

Marcus QDunn
Apr 19th, 2002, 08:47:00 PM
You can join at any time - but if your still a Padawan, discuss with your Master

Azhure Darkstone
Apr 24th, 2002, 04:06:28 AM
k, thanks. I will discuss.