PDA

View Full Version : I suppose...

Gurney Devries
Jul 14th, 2001, 01:45:01 PM
... that you 'Jedi' are the best shot I've got at getting anything done, eh?"

The man in the center of the room spoke with a deep basso voice, somewhat muffled by his heavy robes. Gurney was never really one for enunciating his words, and projecting his voice downward wasn't really helping. The midnight blue robe he wore seemed overly large, and the hood did a decent job of obscuring his face from sight.

"Can't say as I really agree with the way you run things around here, but eh... who I am to judge ya?"

The cloaked man fell silent at that, debating what to say next. He lifted his head a bit, revealing just the lower portion of his face to the soft light of the room. His chin was covered in a light stubble, peppered with a few short gray hairs, hinting at both his age and his apathetic attitude towards his outer appearance. He raised one hand to his jaw and began to lightly massage it with meaty fingers as he thought.

"At any rate... I couldn't think of anywhere else to go to find what I'm looking for. Y'see, I'm in need of a teacher. Fer years now, I've been noticing some strange abilities I've got. I tried to do something with them on my own, but that just wasn't happening."

Gurney tilted his head to the side a bit, as if listening for a response. When none came, he turned on his heel and walked off to the side of the room. With one hand, he yanked over a chair he'd noticed earlier and collapsed into it, folding his hands in his lap and waiting for a reply.

Kikran Akard
Jul 14th, 2001, 11:39:52 PM
::Another chair was pulled out, seemlingly on its own. A few seconds later, a nearby door opened and Kikran sat down::

"Welcome to the Greater Jedi Order. One of our coordinators should be here soon. I'm jedi knight Kikran, may I ask your name?"

Gurney Devries
Jul 15th, 2001, 08:49:07 AM
Gurney watched with a wary eye as the chair slid itself up next to him. Bloody Force Users... always trying to creep you out. He turned his head to face the source of the new voice with a slow deliberation.

"The name's Gurney Devries. Make sure you pronounce it just like that, too. Since I seem to have your attention, and not that of one of these coordinators, why don't you tell me about this organization a little?"

Kikran Akard
Jul 15th, 2001, 03:52:32 PM
::Kikran called a table over and put his feet on top of it::

"Very well. We, the Greater Jedi Order, are here to protect those who are helpless, we fight for those who can't fight for themselves, we're basically the force of good in the galaxy. We fight against the sith, who use the force for evil. They're our main enemies. We never try to use the force for personal gain, but to help others. Its all in our code."

::Kikran points to a large engraving on the wall::

"There is no emotion; there is peace. There is no ignorance; there is knowledge. There is no passion; there is serenity. There is no chaos; There is harmony. There is no death; there is the Force. The peace and justice of the Galaxy will be guarded, and all life in any form is and will be respected. For my ally is the Force, and I use its powers to serve and protect the innocent from evil. I seek goodness, and defend it from the Dark Side. I have dedicated my life to the Truth, I am the Light - I am a JEDI"
~~The Jedi Code~~

Gurney Devries
Jul 15th, 2001, 04:03:55 PM
Being careful so as not to raise his head too much, Gurney took in a deep breath through his nose. The act gave the impression that he was testing the air, as an animal would, and the analogy wasn't too far off. He liked this Kikran fellow. Couldn't quite figure out why, but he did.

"Well, that's all rhetoric to me. But pretty good rhetoric, I must say. I think I'd like to join ya, if you'd have me."

Kikran Akard
Jul 15th, 2001, 05:17:49 PM
"You seem fine to me, its just having to wait for a coordinator. Then you're officially in, and all that stuff."

::Kikran leaned back, resting while waiting for a coordinator::

Gurney Devries
Jul 15th, 2001, 05:32:59 PM
"Oh yeah: that. Right, well... I'll just wait here, then. Is there anythin' you'll be wanting to know about me?"

Kikran Akard
Jul 15th, 2001, 05:54:46 PM
"Hmm, not much really...why are you here?"

Gurney Devries
Jul 15th, 2001, 06:00:46 PM
"Why'm I here? I thought that much was pretty apparent. I want ta become a Jedi. Well, to be technical, I want ta learn about the Force. Y'see, I was run off of my home planet by a tyrannical ruler. I don't know if I can ever free my world from his grasp, but I intend to keep a similar fate from befalling anyone else."

Kikran Akard
Jul 15th, 2001, 06:02:33 PM
"That's a good goal, and I'm sure you'll be able to learn everything you want here."

Warren Azalin
Jul 20th, 2001, 06:48:35 PM
:: Stepping forward as if out of the shadows Warren looked on at the new Padawan; it seems the newcomer had been waiting around for awhile and had begun speaking with Kikran. He stood there and listened as Gurney and the Jedi conversed with each other. Hearing enough Warren stepped forward and spoke to both in an emotionless tone. ::

"Welcome to the Greater Jedi Order Gurney, I am Jedi Knight Warren Azalin, one of the Academy Coordinators here. You have already met Kikran Akard and probably some of your other fellow Jedi. I officially welcome you to the Order unless you have already had that honor, I only ask if you have already received a Master. For if you have then I have no more to say on this, but if you have not I shall find you a Master to teach you, for one never stops learning in life no matter what their age."

:: Standing back the Jedi pulled back his hood as he stared forwards, Smiling slightly he crossed his arms as he waited for a response. ::

Gurney Devries
Jul 21st, 2001, 05:54:38 PM
The hooded head turned, just barely, to acknowledge the other man. Looking the Jedi over with a wary eye, Gurney turned back to face Kikran.

"He sure does talk a lot, don't he?"

The two men exchanged a brief chuckle before Gurney turned back to the winged Jedi. He looked him over briefly, bringing one hand to the side of his face and rubbing the short stubble there.

"It's an 'honor' to be welcomed here? Well then, p'raps this innit the right place, after all. I dinna come here to bow and scrape for some higher up who gets his rocks off by putting down the new recruits."

Gurney Devries
Jul 23rd, 2001, 11:45:28 PM
(coughs politely)

"So, uh... were you planning on getting around to assigning me a Master?"

Gurney Devries
Jul 25th, 2001, 05:38:48 PM
Lifting one hand, Gurney rapped his knuckles against the top of Warren's head.

"Yer a slow one, aintcha?"

Nash Stolar
Jul 25th, 2001, 09:27:44 PM
*pokes Gurney in the back*

Trust me thats not a good idea

Gurney Devries
Jul 25th, 2001, 09:30:06 PM
"I think I'm old enough to make decisions on me own, lad."

Nash Stolar
Jul 25th, 2001, 10:52:17 PM
*shrugs* Have fun with abaddon

Gurney Devries
Jul 30th, 2001, 04:36:45 PM
(He snorted, turning away slightly from the younger man)

"Abbadon? Who's dat s'posed to be, eh?"

Warren Azalin
Aug 7th, 2001, 10:31:37 PM
:: Warren chuckled slightly at the sound of his darker half (well that was an understatement). ::

"Abaddon would be the Angel of Darkness and Destruction Gurney, he's also my not so better half."