PDA

View Full Version : Wild Requestz

Kreskor Hara
Nov 3rd, 2001, 01:38:33 PM
Kreskor Hara was not the type of being to neglect his own potential. Barabels were equipped with natural body armor, sharp claws and even sharper teeth. Sometimes in the heat of a battle, Kreskor had used his body to his full advantage. Barabels were reptilian creatures from Barab I, born to live under the harsh conditions they faced. Barabels were infamous for picking fights in bars and other places all over the Galaxy, usually they emerged the victors. On Barab I, many of the natural born hunters traveled through the caves hunting prey for both food and sport.

At a young age, Kreskor was unfortunately forced to leave the planet of his birth. With his hatchmate Jesk, and his parent Sheva, Kreskor had found his way to Nar Shaddaa. The smugglers moon was an ideal place to make both friends and enemies. Kreskor had quickly made many friends and little enemies. After one caught a glimpse of the huge gaping hole surrounded by sharp pincers that he called a mouth, they were rather eager to befriend him. Kreskor and his family even had the pleasure of meeting other Barabels that were enjoying life on the smuggler's moon.

A year later, Barab I was liberated by it's glorious people and the Imperials were driven away. Kreskor's mother Sheva had stated that it was the will of the "life force" that Barabel should thrive again. Although the Barabels did not return to Barab I. Instead they stayed with their new friends. Kreskor and Jesk were taught how to use a variety of weapons including blasters and vibro daggers. Both had become mercenaries to support their mother who could not be a ship mechanic for ever.

One mission offered twenty three thousand credits for the body of Hekler Skea, a slaver. Kreskor's hatchmate Jesk had been caught off guard by the crazed man and suffered the loss of an arm that had been shot right off, at the elbow. Kreskor had spun around and planted three stun bolts in the slaver's stomach. Soon after, Jesk had quit the life of the mercenary and returned to Barab I. Kreskor stayed with his parent, and took a break from the jobs. At night he ventured to the bars and spent time with friends. They always had a story to tell, and so did he.

Kreskor always knew he had an added talent. When he approached his parent figure about it and told her, she stated he was blessed by the "life-force". When around others, Kreskor could hear their thoughts and experience their feelings if he focused on them. Sheva reminded him of all the stories she had told him of the Jedi Knights when he was but a hatchling. She told him, how they used the life force to help those in need. Kreskor believed everything he parent said, but it was not his job to help others. He had no desire to ease the pain of the Galaxy, only the pain of his family...

...Nearly two months after Jesk's return to Barab I, he had been shot down by an Imperial diplomat. The news had reached Nar Shaddaa when an old family friend, Tesor Shresk came to visit. It was then that Kreskor quit the mercenary business. His parent begged him to join the Jedi and quench the evil of the Galaxy. Kreskor didn't have much of a choice. Tesor allowed Kreskor Hara the use of his light corvette, Shenbit and promised to take care of his parent.

"Trust your instinctz." His mother had told him.

Arcan IV seemed interesting enough from above, and Kreskor felt almost excited after he learned it was home to "Master Yoghurt's Bar and Grill." Kreskor resolved he would visit the bar and grill after he visited the Jedi recruitment center. Along with the feelings of excitement, Kreskor also felt slightly nervous and anxious. If these Jedi turned him away, he would have no where else to go. From what his parent had told him, they were very gregarious beings.

It hadn't taken him long to perform a rickety landing in Docking Bay 67, at Arcan IV's spaceport. Kreskor was still rather new at flying ships and the Light Corvette wasn't exactly a tiny starfighter. With him, he brought his trusty blaster, which had saved his life many times. He wore a brown garb that most wore on Barab I. The top of his shirt also had a cloak, that Kreskor quickly draped over his head. It was raining, and he never did like water of any kind.

The recruitment center was a rather large building, and already Kreskor could feel something inside. It emanated off the building like heat did from artificial light, and it also drew Kreskor forward. He took a deep breath, nodded to himself and opened the front doors. Soaking wet, the Barabel stepped inside the building and closed the door behind him. He sniffed the air, holding his nose up high. There were no life forms nearby, but some were approaching rather quickly.

His boots made a tip tap sound across the marble floor as he traveled further into the building. He admired the decoration that this building had been blessed with. He had never seen such a clean building on Nar Shaddaa or Barab I. A droid, perhaps a helper one entered the room from the far left. In basic, it spoke, "Might I be of service to you sir?"

The Barabel stared at it with his large bulbous black eyes. It was most definately a C-9P0 droid. He had seen quite a few on Nar Shaddaa.

"This one is looking for the Jedi Knightz." Kreskor spoke in good basic. A hiss escaped his nostrils as the droid tipped it's head to the side.

"Most certainly, sir. I will summon one for you." The droid responded.

The Barabel nodded and drew it's hood back revealing a mouth full of dangerous pincers. At the same time the droid left the room to find a Jedi Knight for Kreskor. The Barabel shuffled off to a chair and allowed himself to sit down. His scaly tail raised over the top and slumped over the tip of the chair. He waited in silence, focusing on the environment around him, and staring at some of the paintings on the wall opposite of him.

Morgan Evanar
Nov 4th, 2001, 01:54:00 AM
Morgan into the Recruitment Center, dripping. The rain outside had gone from a steady flow to a torrential downpour. He had just finished his course on tactical infilitration for espionage purposes, or, in simpler terms, breaking, entering, doing something, and leaving alive. The whole thing had gone pretty well, all things considered. The recruits had gone from a 10% success rate to a 30% success rate. One even did it perfectly in half the required time.

There was a tunnel that ran from the recruitment center into one of the Bar&Grill supply rooms, and was pretty ideal when you just wanted to grab something to eat without socializing. The dark grey uniform clung to Morgan, and the baclava hung from it's left snap on his helmet, the other undone side flapping a bit as he walked. A large holster held an even larger gun, his Desert Eagle, which was a dark matte grey that would have matched his uniform if he had been dry. He stuck his hand out as he walked twoard the automatic glass sliding doors, tripping the mechanism so he wouldn't have to slow pace.

Kreskor stood rather still until the door slid open, and then only turning slightly to look at Morgan as he walked through.

"Can I help you with something?" The just shy of two meters Jedi Knight asked.

Kreskor Hara
Nov 4th, 2001, 07:30:12 PM
Kreskor Hara quietly stood up from his seated position, and turned to face the person who was addressing him. This man was mostly like the other humans that Kreskor had encountered on Nar Shaddaa, and some of the other planets he had visited shortly. This human looked as if he'd had his share of fights in the past.

He spoke in a calm tone, "Can I help you with something?"

The Barabel knew this one was of the Jedi at Arcan IV. He could feel the human male through the "life force" that his parent had spoken of. Kreskor allowed a soft hissing sound to escape his lips as he pondered his answer. It would have to be a good one, since some were rather judgmental about Kreskor's appearance. Smugglers that did not associate with the Barabel often classified him as a dark danger and spread rumors about him killing in cold blood. Kreskor never killed an intelligent being without a reason.

"Yesss...This one has traveled far to meet the Jedi Knightz," Kreskor paused, allowing his eyes to sink into those of the human's, "in hopes of becoming one himself."

The Barabel's tail lashed upward and curled around his shoulder. He did not know exactly how this human would respond, but still felt slightly nervous. Allowing a few seconds to pass, the dark scaled figure stepped forward, now only a few feet away from Morgan. He extended a clawed hand to the Jedi Knight, who matched Kreskor in height.

"Kreskor Hara of Barab I." The sentence itself was intended as an introduction. Barabels did not easily get offended, and if the Jedi declined his handshake, Kreskor would not care. Many denizens he had met were scared to shake a hand full of dangerous pincers attached to the end of each finger.

The Barabel extended it's lips in a grin that bore all of his pointy white teeth.

Morgan Evanar
Nov 4th, 2001, 08:59:34 PM
To most, a Barabel smile made you wonder if it wanted to eat you. Morgan had worked with a few over the years, and knew that their smile was just that a smile, albiet one with rather sharp, pointed teeth.

Morgan met the offered hand, pinchers and all, and gave it a firm shake. For some reason, Barabels looked up to Jedi with a stronger sense of respect than most species.

"Morgan Evanar of too many places." He smiled slightly, and looked around.

"Were you already greeted by a driod?" Kreskor nodded his large head.

"Ah." Morgan found a data pad, and left a note.

"Well, they'll know what happend. Anyway, I was going to sneak some food from the Bar&Grill, but I'll compromise and go in the front entrance, if you're willing to come along."

Kreskor Hara
Nov 4th, 2001, 09:52:35 PM
The Barabel nodded slightly, showing his eagerness to visit the bar and meet others. His smile returned for a split second as he answered the Jedi Knight, "This one findz that acceptable and lookz forward to it."

Kreskor had noted that Morgan did not want to enter the Bar and Grill through the front entrance before he had shown up. The Barabel wondered if this Jedi was one to attract attention to himself somewhat like the slugball players and the holo-actors. Kreskor hoped that he was not being an inconvenience on Morgan Evaner.

Surely this one haz been to Nar Shaddaa before, yet I have never seen him. The Barabel silently confirmed that Morgan was a well versed man that hadn't secluded himself to one planet in his entire lifetime like some beings did. This Jedi was obviously one to see the sights of other planets, whether he wanted to or not.

"Jedi Evanar," Kreskor began in his raspy voice, "If you would be ssso kind asss to lead the way."

The Barabel side stepped and waited for Morgan to direct him toward the Bar and Grill. Though he could not see the current state of the weather, Kreskor could sense that the rain had stopped. The sky was still dark and murky, but such was expected after a mild storm.