PDA

View Full Version : I wish to join.

Ivychari Meyu
Feb 4th, 2002, 10:13:20 PM
A tall, thin being in a light tan colored cloak entered the room. The hood was kept lower over its face, and naught but it's thin lips and chisled chin could be seen.

The being walked into the center of the chamber, and immediately knelt to both knees. Holding both arms out, it held within it's hands a long, gray and black device that could only be a lightsabre.

Though it seemed a very modern design, it was slightly burnt and seemed very old indeed. It was doubtfull it could function at all.

The being places the sabre in front of it, it's strong pale hands delicately place the device on the floor. The being then puts its hands together as if in prayer against it's cloaked chest, and waits silently.

Navaria Tarkin
Feb 4th, 2002, 11:52:17 PM
She had sensed a new presence enter from outside and made her way to the entrance of the Academy.

What Navaria saw was interesting to say the least and she approached cautiously, not wanting to startle this being. She was uncertain if they were in some sort of prayer or just waiting patiently to be seen. There was also a lightsabre that rested on the floor before them.

Pulling back the hood of her cloak, Navaria looked down at the visitor and smiled ...

"Good day to you and welcome to the order. My name is Navaria Tarkin. How can I assist you?"

Ivychari Meyu
Feb 5th, 2002, 12:11:35 AM
The being speaks for the first time, a soft melodic tone, yet masculine.

"I wish to join the Jedi, as was the tradition of my family for three hundred years before our planet lost contact with this galaxy. I bring only a rusted lightsabre. It does not function."

The man does not move, but maintains his prayer like position.

Navaria Tarkin
Feb 5th, 2002, 12:47:50 AM
"In time you'll be able to fix the sabre yourself."

There was no reason why she had to talk down to him. He wished to be enlightened by the Force, just as Navaria did.

"Please rise and tell me your name."

Ivychari Meyu
Feb 5th, 2002, 01:12:57 AM
Taking the sabre into his hands, he arose. He held the sabre horizontal on his hara (bellow the bellybutton) in both hands.

The hood of his cloak still obscured much of his face.

"My name is Ivychari Meyu, of the House Meyu of the moon Shakra'Va, son of Hemeyu Meyu, also of the House Meyu of the moon Shakra'Va. Naught of my family have held a lightsabre with the wisdom of the Jedi in over a week of decades."

Navaria Tarkin
Feb 5th, 2002, 01:55:12 AM
She bowed.

"It's an honor to meet you Ivychari Meyu, of the House Meyu of the moon Shakra'Va."

Navaria had a special knack at alien languages and dialects so hopefully she was able to do Ivychari's heritage justice.

"Over seventy standards years is a long time for your people to come back to the Order but there are always reasoning behind those occurrences. All that matters is the initial step in coming here."

Still the Knight could not make out his features but she had to admit that his voice was quite pleasing to the ears.

"May I inquire if there is more you seek besides rekindling the Jedi line in your family?"

Ivychari Meyu
Feb 5th, 2002, 02:25:41 AM
He bowed in return, visibly pleased at the honor she bestowed upon his line by such carefull pronunciation, even if her voice to him sounded more monotone and bass.

"My people were once allies with those of your kind. For over a thousand years our worlds of Light and Dark were but small allies in your causes, but we were none-the-less allies. However, news of strife and whispers and rumors of darkness became rampant, and eventually Jedi and Sith recruiters and warriors stopped coming to our worlds. Our Orders fell to the their most ancient roots, and our space travel was all but forgotton."

Meyu took a calming breath. The atmosphere on this planet was rather thick and oppressing to him.

"A great war broke out between the Sith on Shakra'Doom and the Jedi on Shakra'Va. In the end, naught had been accomplished. The moons still circled one another, and shipments of supplies, technology, and new ideas ceased. Without the guide of the Sith or Jedi that our planets had had for over a thousand years, we fell back into our ancient ways."

He took in another breath.

"It was only in recent decades that our people have rediscovered much of our heritage within the Republic. Both Shakra'Va and Shakra'Doom have been exploring your galaxy for these past years, trying to piece together the events that have unfolded here. It pains me greatly to understand that the Republic had fallen, and that Darkness had ruled the Galaxy for so long. When I finally learned of the location of your base, I immediately set my course here."

He bowed his head slightly, his voice dropped to a deeper tone.

"My ship, I'm afraid, is as old as my lightsabre. It had not flown in almost a week of decades before I took flight, and it did not fare the atmosphere and gravity of this planet...my moon is considerably smaller. My ship no longer functions. I am an explorer for my kind, and my kind are strong in the Force. If the Greater Jedi Order would have me, I would pledge my blade and my life to thine cause."

He dropped to his knees again and bowed his head, offering up his broken sabre with both hands above his head.

Navaria Tarkin
Feb 6th, 2002, 01:45:48 AM
The very brief history lesson was fascinating as well as an honor to hear. To have a race of beings that were very much part of the Jedi at one point to return was truly a blessing. What she didn't like was the fact that Ivychari was having difficulty breathing. The jungles of Yavin was already thick with humidity that made breathing hard for humans, it must be twice as bad for him.

Yet he continued. He was dedicated and willing to push himself under unfavorable circumstances to be understood. Most importantly, he was patient.

He would indeed make a great Jedi and Navaria wanted to be part of that. For weeks not, she had watched training of Padawan Learners from afar, absorbing the different lessons to one day be her lessons when she felt that she was ready to take a Padawan.

That day had not come and she still wasn't sure if had as Navaria looked at the ancient sabre.

She placed a hand over the metal case.

"The Order would be honored in having old allies become new ones this day."

The road would be difficult for them both but Navaria had a feeling they would also learn much from each other.

"It would honor me if you would accept my offer in becoming your Master."

Ivychari Meyu
Feb 6th, 2002, 02:39:45 AM
The man offered the blade up to the woman, and letting her grasp his broken sabre in her hands, he brought his hands back into the humble prayer like position before.

"If the Council permit it, I would have you as my master. I would be honored."

The man bowed very low to the ground, and then slowly stodd up. Though he was a few inches taller than Navaria, she didn't have the feeling that she was looking up at him. He reached his hands up, and pull back the light tan fabric from his head.

His eyes were blue-in-blue, the pupils somewhat transluscent. His hair was a soft brown, and was kept in a loose poneytail, with on single braid falling from his forhead behind his ear. His lips were full, but at the same time they promoted the feel of masculinity about him. His face was gentle and angular, his eyebrows naturally arched upwards, as were the points of his Elvish ears.

He put his hands together once more, and bowed before her like a monk, the tips of his fingers touching his lips. He would learn a lot from her, he knew. He looked forward to it.

Navaria Tarkin
Feb 7th, 2002, 02:01:08 AM
"The honor is mine, Ivychari. You are my first Padawan Learner. I wanted the time to be right when I decided to begin teaching."

Before she was able to return his sabre, Navaria stopped. He pulled back the hood of his cloak and she was finally permitted to see his face. Meyu was quite easy on the eyes and Navaria found his eyes memorizing. Never before had she seen such unique orbs.

She returned the bow, honored in his acceptance of her and held out his sabre.

"You are to keep this because you will one day learn how to repair it. Besides, one never should loose a link to their past."

Navaria held out a hand and motioned for Meyu to follow her towards the Academy.

"You should find yourself a room and get settled first. We will begin training tomorrow. The Journey was long and you need food and rest. Also, I noticed that you have difficultly with breathing. Is there anything that I can get for you to make you more comfortable?"

Ivychari Meyu
Feb 7th, 2002, 02:16:35 AM
Meyu shook his head.

"Nay. My world's atmosphere is thin and full of much moisture. The moisture in this atmosphere is very much accomodating to me, yet the density and heat is rather uncomfortable. However, I shall get used to it."

He took the sabre and bowed to her.

"Thankyou for the hospitality. I look forward to food and drink/"

He turned and walked out, looking for his room and growing eager to begin his training.

Navaria Tarkin
Feb 7th, 2002, 02:18:42 AM
It wouldn't take too long for Meyu to find an empty room so Navaria left him to his own devices. She had a lesson to plan and needed to mediate before turning in for the evening.

Turning around, she headed to her own quarters.