PDA

View Full Version : Darkened past.........future of light........

Xazor
Feb 22nd, 2002, 12:36:51 AM
Xazor walked into the Recruitment Center, a shadowed figure following close behind her. She smiled as the doors closed behind them. Looking around the room, she saw no one. The shadows seemed to dance along the walls, playing an ever present game of tag. She smiled and turned to the figure behind her.

This is the Jedi Recruitment Center.

She said through the Force. Walking to the middle of the room, Xazor bowed slightly as if someone were there and then spoke verbally.......as if someone was listening.

Greetings, Jedi Masters. A friend of mine, Maia Shadoe Tharrinn, is here in request of training. I come as support........and now she speaks.

Xazor turned and looked at Maia. She looked very nervous, but Xazor sent a wave of warm comfort through the Force.

Speak, young one.

She instructed with a gentle voice.

Maia Shadoe Tharrinn
Feb 22nd, 2002, 05:38:17 AM
Maia bowed to her new friend and shyly stepped forward. Her steps were unsure and shaky. Her hand reached up and caressed Ari for comfort. Maia looked around not sure who she was addressing.

Kneeling on one knee Maia addressed the assembly. "I humbly request to learn the ways of the force, I have tried to atone for my parents sins, but they are not mine to bear. It would be an honor and serve the light as I know I'm destined to do." Maias eye's still adverted to the ground as she finished her sentence.

Maia stayed where she was awaiting her answer, hoping they would see the goodness inside of her and not what her parents tried to make her...

Xazor
Feb 22nd, 2002, 11:43:31 AM
Xazor smiled as Maia spoke.

That was fine........you are very brave.

She said quietly to her through the Force.

Navaria Tarkin
Feb 22nd, 2002, 02:46:41 PM
Navaria stepped forward and removed the cloak away from her face so she could bow to both Xazor and her knew aquaintance.

"Greetings Maia. I welcome you to the Order. My name is Navaria Tarkin, Jedi Knight."

Young eyes that betrayed so much pain, wisdom and memories locked onto Maia and she smiled knowingly.

"I know of what you speak of. I too have tried to make up for what my family had commited years ago. It consumed my spirit so much that I was a fragile and weak minded girl."

She spied Ari, Maia's animal companion, looking intently at her. Navaria wasn't too sure what the creature was looking for.

"But then I finally trusted in myself to do what I felt was right as you are doing here today. Your belief in the Force. I do have one thing to ask though ..."

She grinned.

"Please stand. We are equals here."

Navaria waited for Maia to do so before she asked her next question.

"What made you realize that you did not have to bare your parents sins?"

It was an important question for Navaria because she was curious as to how someone else dealt with the guilt and pain that came with a parents legacy. Ever since leaving Imperial Center, Navaria always felt the name Tarkin was like wearing a bullseye on her back because she was to live with the atrocities committed in the Tarkin name.

It was only until later that Navaria realized that she had to use her gifts to better herself and others because she wanted to. Because the Force wanted her to. Much like why Maia was here today ...

Maia Shadoe Tharrinn
Feb 22nd, 2002, 05:34:01 PM
Maia rose to her feet. Her eyes locked on the woman that questioned her. A Jedi knight, her eyes filled with such sorrow that it was almost palpable. Maia's own pain reflected the Knights.

"I knew long ago that I could not make up for what they did, try as I might. Though there sins still stained my innocence and tore my heart that I could not make them see the error of there ways. It was for them to decide the path they wanted to walk. I know that there sins are not my own but at times I still feel guilty for what they do and that I'm unable to stop them or to even make them see." Maia stopped speaking her eyes flooded with the tears her memories always brought. She had not left that long ago and it was still very fresh. She had begged her brother to come with her, to renounce the darkside but he had refused.

Maia shook her head trying to clear her thoughts. Brushing the tears from her cheeks and straightening her shoulders she spoke again. "What they do will always hurt me and cause me shame but I know there is nothing I can do, it is up to them. I will do what is right by my soul." Her words were strong, determined. Her eyes remained haunted as always. "If the Jedi will have me I will prove myself worthy of the light." Maia said softly to the other woman...

Xazor
Feb 22nd, 2002, 10:05:15 PM
Xazor smiled brightly at Maia.

By coming here, you have already proven yourself worthy of the light. You're already a hero......

She spoke softly and smiled to her friend Navaria. Giving her a light bow she turned her gaze back to Maia.

Navaria Tarkin
Feb 23rd, 2002, 10:56:17 PM
"Maia..."

Navaria couldn't help being moved by her story. It was brutally open and honest. Truly Maia was willing to share her scarred heart to prove that what she said weren't merely words, but promises.

"... the Light welcomes all ... even those that don't hear its call can feel the tears shed for being led astray."

Now... it would be with actions. Navaria returned the small bow to Xazor and immediately locked her gaze to Maia's once more.

"She is right. You are here now. You are where you want to be and the Order welcomes you."

Maia Shadoe Tharrinn
Feb 24th, 2002, 12:07:12 AM
Maia let out the breath she had been holding. She had been afraid that her answer would not be good enough that perhaps she should be able to atone for her parents. The Jedi were nothing like what she had been taught. Maia turned to "Xazor" and gave her a huge grin, and turned to the other Jedi and gave her one to.

"I don't know what to say, except thank you, both of you." Maia said in a soft voice. Turning back to "Xazor" her kind benefactor. "You have given me more than you know today. You will always have my eternal gratitude, and be counted as a friend." Maia said with a deep bow her eyes glimmered with the emotion of her words.

Turning and addressing the other kind lady. "I would love to be able to have Xazor as my master but she said that is against the rules. Who will become my master?" Maia asked with worry in her voice...

Xazor
Feb 24th, 2002, 01:23:15 AM
Xazor smiled as Maia spoke.

Your friendship to me is priceless.......

She bowed deeply to Maia and listened as she spoke of gaining a Master.

It is true that I am only a padawan.........if you wish to wait for me to attain the status of Knight, I could train you.........but that takes time and as for me, I have no knowledge as to when that great honor shall be bestowed upon me.

She looked down at the ground for a moment, thinking about that day, and then returned her gaze back to Navaria.

verse dawnstrider
Feb 24th, 2002, 09:18:17 PM
::Walks in and looks at the new recruit.::

"What is in the water where you come from? We need to import it."

::He turns to see Navaria. He starts to try and make an excuse real quick.::

"I mean...not that any of the woman need it....It would just help....I mean....Xazor!! How is my padawan doing? And who is your friend?"

Xazor
Feb 24th, 2002, 11:06:20 PM
Xazor smiled brightly as she saw her beloved Master. She bowed deeply and respectfully to him before speaking.

I am doing well my Master. This is my friend, Maia.

She said, glancing at the young woman. She then turned back to Verse and smiled.

She is in search of a Master to train her in the ways of the Force.

She informed him. Of course, he probably knew this, but she thought she would tell him anyway.

Navaria Tarkin
Feb 25th, 2002, 02:50:33 PM
Navaria simply closed her eyes and half-smiled at Verse before opening them.

"Ah yes, the proud Garou always thinking with his head I see."

The tone in her voice was a playful one but it was the least she could say ...

"Yes, this is Maia, Verse. I was just going to ask her who she would like to train her in the ways of the Force."

Maia Shadoe Tharrinn
Feb 25th, 2002, 08:14:27 PM
Maia turned and smiled to the man. "Hello Master Verse." Maia was pleased at the friendship displayed here, it was a rare thing for her to see. "I would gladly accept any master chosen for me, you all seem very kind and that's all that really matters to me." Maia said as she scratched Ari's neck.

"Will I be staying here during my training, I have no where else to go at the moment?" She whispered in hope that it would be allowed. Her heart swelled with pride that she was going to become a Jedi. She hoped this would atone for some of what her family had done and would do. Though she could not make up for it fully, she would dedicate her life to helping others and protecting those that needed help. It was what she had dreamed of as a child when her tears had finally dried after seeing the evil that surrounded her.

Xazor
Feb 25th, 2002, 09:42:18 PM
Xazor smiled as she read Maia's thoughts.

Of course it is okay if you stay here. We have a living quarters where most all of the Jedi reside. You can have a room all to yourself........or you can move in with me!

She suggested with a smile. She glanced at Verse and then back to Navaria for a moment before returning her eyes back to Maia.

And do not worry........we shall find you a master since I cannot train you.

She said in a kind voice. She so longed to become a Knight at times like these......but there was also the comfort of having a Master that held her back. Verse filled the spaces and took the places of the family she never had........and she didn't want that to be gone........

Maia Shadoe Tharrinn
Feb 25th, 2002, 10:25:05 PM
She had never felt so happy in her life as in that moment at her new friends words. Maia had never been offered such kindness, not even from her own family. Her brother and she had been close but his life had gone in a very different direction than her own. Though he had helped her, he still did not understand her decision.

"I would love to have you as a room mate, if you think you can stand my Ari's noisy chirping." She said with a bright smile and a fond look at her beloved pet. "Once again thank you for all the kindness you have shone me today." Maia said to all in the room...

AmazonBabe
Feb 25th, 2002, 10:49:04 PM
:: AB stepped forward and addressed Maia, introducing herself. ::

Hello, Maia, and welcome to the Greater Jedi Order. For many I am known as AmazonBabe, it being a nickname given to me by my parents, but my real name is Rie Mystt.

I should like to take you as my Padawan learner, if you will have me.

Xazor
Feb 25th, 2002, 10:49:41 PM
Xazor smiled at the thought of having a roommate. It was a very exciting thing, and she was greatful to have such a friend.

Ari is beautiful and I don't think I'll mind him at all.

She said with kindness and a reassuring smile.

Now, about your Master. If you wish to start your training soon, we should find you one now.

She smiled brightly. She loved helping people, and this woman had found a special place in her heart. They had so much in common......their pasts so similar. Now they shared the same future and hope.....

Navaria Tarkin
Feb 26th, 2002, 12:52:18 AM
Upon seeing Rei, Navaria stopped and bowed to her fellow Council Member.

"Greetings to you."

She then smiled widely at Maia.

"It is an honor to have one of Amazonbabe's talent and patience to teach you."

Maia Shadoe Tharrinn
Feb 26th, 2002, 03:10:58 AM
Maia bowed deeply to Master, AB, eyes glimmered with hope and excitement. "There is noting I would want more Master." She turned her smile to Xazor and Navaria. There was such joy in her eyes that you could see it. She went over to Xazor and hugged her new roommate. "I have a feeling that I have finally found a true home."

Maia turned back to her new Master. "Thank you for taking me as your student, will do my best to make you proud to be my master. I will work hard to prove my worth to this wonderful place and to you.." Maia said in heart felt tones...

Xazor
Feb 27th, 2002, 12:25:34 AM
Xazor smiled and hugged Maia back.

I am honored to have you staying with me.......

She was excited too, it was almost like having a sister.

I think you shall train well and become a great Jedi......

She added with a gentle smile.

verse dawnstrider
Feb 27th, 2002, 06:19:53 PM
"This is truely a great day. The Force sings in happyness because of this."

::Verse looked at Navaria and the rest of the women.::

"I feel this is a time to treat you allt o a drink!"

Xazor
Feb 27th, 2002, 06:25:38 PM
Xazor smiled at her Master's kindness.

Yes, this deserves a celebration!

She declared to everyone in the room.

Navaria Tarkin
Feb 28th, 2002, 01:12:46 AM
"That sounds lovely, Verse. I be delighted in joining our newest member in celebration at Arcan."

Maia Shadoe Tharrinn
Feb 28th, 2002, 03:06:08 AM
Maia bowed to Master Verse. She was completely overwhelmed with the kindness and the caring they were showing her. I would love to join you all for a drink." She smiled with pleasure...

Xazor
Mar 2nd, 2002, 01:07:00 AM
Sounds like a plan........

Xazor said with a bright smile.

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 3rd, 2002, 07:46:26 PM
"Well, since no one is refusing ..."

She lightly elbowed the garou

"Someone should be leading the way."

Navaria said with a half smile.