PDA

View Full Version : A nobody enters...

Viper Pliskin
Apr 7th, 2002, 08:14:40 PM
He silently walks in through the main entrance of the establishment, wearing a black suit with a white shirt underneath his jacket. A small datapad, about the size of a palm blaster, hangs from a chain around his neck. He gazed briefly at his surroundings.The architecture is quite beautiful. The curve of the archways catches his eyes as he sits down, amongst the other possible future Jedi, without making a sound. He looks around at the people there. Children, teenagers, adults of all different species are gathered, hoping to join the Greater Jedi Order. With a slight smile, he waits quietly until someone is ready to see him.

Xazor
Apr 7th, 2002, 10:11:03 PM
Jedi Knight Xazor steps from the shadows and approaches the newcomer. She smiles gently on him and bows.

Greetings.....my name is Xazor, what is yours?

She asks softly, her blue eyes looking on him gently as he humbly stands there.

Viper Pliskin
Apr 8th, 2002, 11:53:03 AM
The young man took the small datapad and disconnected it from the chain around his neck. He typed on it for a few seconds. over the years, he'd developed quite good speed on the ol' pad. He then gave it to Xazor...

<FONT FACE="courier" COLOR="green">My name is Ames Pliskin. My friends call me Viper - but I don't have many friends.</FONT>

Ames smiled at her shyly...

Kaman Jeris Deliai
Apr 8th, 2002, 02:53:58 PM
Kaman had been awfully bored lately. Training had been slow, but she was thankful for the great reserve of patience she had...

"Hey Xazor..."

Peeks over Xazor's shoulder...

"Ames Pliskin...Viper, huh?..."

Offers her hand to Ames, for a handshake.

"Nice to meet you, Viper...Can I call you that? My name is Kaman Jeris Deliai. Just call me Kaman..."

Xazor
Apr 8th, 2002, 05:20:07 PM
Xazor sees the other Jedi enter and smiles.

Hey Kaman.......

She says quietly as she reads the datapad. All she could figure was that he was mute like a few of the other students at the Order.

Well, Viper....it is a pleasure to meet you. Not many friends? Well...you just made one.

She smiled warmly and gently laid a hand on his shoulder.

Why do you wish to be a Jedi?

She questioned with a smile.

Viper Pliskin
Apr 8th, 2002, 06:14:16 PM
Ames held his hand out to Xazor, and widened his eyes slightly. She realised he needed the datapad and gave it back to him. He smiled as she blushed slightly. He doubted she was embarassed though. Everyone blushes for no apparent reason. He didn't doubt for a second that he did. After about fifteen seconds of typing, he returned the datapad to her...

<FONT FACE="courier" COLOR="green">When I was fifteen, a man found me by a riverside. I'd cut my head and my leg, and my side was bruised. My bike was floating in the river. He seemed like he was in a hurry at first, but stopped to help me. He patched up my wound temporarily and took me to the nearby town where the hospital was. He paid the hospital bill and waited by my side 'til I was better. Once I was better, my parents came for me and he left without saying goodbye. I want to be able to help people like he helped me. And if I can develop my force abilities, then it would allow me to do a greater good than simply helping like he did.</FONT>

As he stood, with his hands clasped together behind his back, he stared down as she read it. He noticed that her leg was showing through - was it her robe or a skirt? He didn't know. He didn't want to know. He looked away quickly, diverting his attention to a holo-art frame on the nearby wall that changed at regular intervals - precisely, every eighteen point three seconds. He began to whistle a melodic tune, complete with chorus too. It was a song he'd heard one time at a club on his home planet, where a local band played.

Xazor
Apr 8th, 2002, 09:01:05 PM
Xazor nodded and smiled. He had a good tale to tell and it was a perfect reason to wish to be a Jedi. She noticed that he appeared uncomfortable....looking down and then suddenly diverting his attention away from her.

If you don't mind me asking, how come you do not speak? Do you by chance know sign language?

She asked with curiosity. She knew sign language and spoke that way to several of the deaf/mute students here. He struck an interest in her...he was a curious young man. She smiled as his eyes quickly drifted back to hers and he smiled somewhat shyly.

Viper Pliskin
Apr 8th, 2002, 10:12:12 PM
Once again, it was back to the pad...

<FONT FACE="courier" COLOR="green">I don't really remember why I can't speak. I think I was born that way. And no, I'm sorry, I don't know sign language. Well actually I do, but I don't think you'd appreciate such vulgar expressions."</FONT>

He giggled silently, hoping she'd do the same so that she wouldn't think of reading his mind to see if he was telling the truth about him being born a mute. he wasn't. But he didn't wish to tell her the cause of it. Not just yet anyway.

Xazor
Apr 8th, 2002, 10:25:11 PM
Xazor nodded and giggled to herself. He was pretty funny....

I'm sorry.....just thought I'd ask. Well, welcome to the Greater Jedi Order......we shall have a Master to train you shortly.....

She said with a reassuring smile.

Viper Pliskin
Apr 8th, 2002, 10:38:46 PM
Ames smiled and nodded simultaneously. He had a pretty good idea she would interpret that as a "thankyou", and so didn't bother with the datapad. He re-connected it to the chain around his neck, before taking it off again and typing something for Xazor...

<FONT FACE="courier" COLOR="green"> Could you show me where the bathroom is please?"</FONT>

Ames began to dance slightly. He really didn't want to embarass himself out here, especially in front of Xazor.

Ryla Relvinian
Apr 11th, 2002, 12:21:56 PM
I walked briskly into the room, hood thrown back and a slight smile on my face. "Xazor, I got your message. I will train him." I turn to the man and speak. "The restrooms are over that way, down that hall. I wish to speak to you when you are... finished..." I say with a smile.

Xazor
Apr 11th, 2002, 01:35:45 PM
Xazor bows to her friend.

Greetins Ryla...thank you. I shall leave you two to talk...

She bowed once again and left the new Master and Padawan...

Viper Pliskin
Apr 11th, 2002, 06:45:38 PM
Ames waved to Xazor as she left. Then he gave a nod and a smile to Ryla before shooting off to the bathroom. A few minutes later, he returned to his new Master. He took hold of the datapad again before handing it to Ryla...

<FONT FACE="courier" COLOR="green">It is a pleasure to meet you Dyla. I suppose I should get into the habit of calling you Master.</FONT>

Ryla Relvinian
Apr 12th, 2002, 08:44:52 PM
"Well, I suppose you should. In fact, you can follow me to the Academy, and we can get started today." :]

Viper Pliskin
Apr 20th, 2002, 09:15:40 AM
Rather than spend more time typing on the datapad, Ames nodded and smiled gratiously. Ryla turned, and walked, leading the way, whilst Ames followed.