PDA

View Full Version : A Formal Request

Mr Dust
Apr 20th, 2002, 11:58:46 PM
A tall, gaunt, pale man walks into the Recruitment Center. He is clad in a black trenchcoat reaching nearly to his knees. He appears to have a matching black suit under the coat, complete with matching black gloves and bowler. He bows, one hand on his stomach, and rigidly returns to an upright stance. He removes his bowler and holds it in his right hand in front of his chest. He speaks in a quiet, dry voice, using little inflection is his speech.

Ah... hello. My name is Dust. Mr. Dust. I would like to enter training at the Jedi academy. I have some training from my family, as well as a lightsaber in the style of my line.

He reaches into his coat and retrieves a short, one handed lightsaber. It has what appears to be a hand guard near the point where the blade is emitted. He slowly replaces it.

My training, however, is somewhat... inadequate. I wish to further my studies. May I be admitted?

Anbira Hicchoru
Apr 21st, 2002, 04:20:48 AM
:: Anbira enters, scrutinizing the strange man. ::

It will be...considered.

Tell me of your past, Mr. Dust.

Mr Dust
Apr 21st, 2002, 01:47:42 PM
Bowing to the speaker, Mr. Dust begins to tell of his past.

I am an Andarian, from a long line of Outer Rim Jedi. We have broken off from the main order of the Jedi in recent generations due to our extreme distance from the core galaxy.

As a result, our style has changed little over the years. We continue to use an archaic form of fighting, using a rigid posture and one-handed lightsaber. The style is much more elegant and formal than the current styles. A true gentleman's form, indeed. It has been passed down from my ancestors until this day.

I would have remained with my family, but my Force abilities have manifested in... shall we say unusual ways. It did not fit into the format of my people, so I was sent here. Perhaps you will know how to train me correctly.

Is there anything more you wish to know?

Anbira Hicchoru
Apr 21st, 2002, 10:12:42 PM
Ahh...

:: Anbira arched an eyebrow ::

A student of the ancient form? That is rare, indeed.

Mr Dust
Apr 21st, 2002, 11:23:37 PM
The pale man's eyes widen at the recognition of the style.

You have heard of Form Two? I thought that style had long since been forgotten in this part of the galaxy.

Anbira Hicchoru
Apr 22nd, 2002, 12:52:53 AM
Old...yet far from obsolete. I know of it. It values poise above power, and its fluid motion exploits the frustration of an enemy. If you are indeed studied in its ways, perhaps I can continue your teaching.

Mr Dust
Apr 22nd, 2002, 11:25:00 AM
A small smile appears at the corners of Mr. Dust's mouth.

Ah, you are an educated man indeed. Too many desire brute force over elegance and finesse. If you would have me, I would be greatly honored to train under your care. May I be instructed?

Anbira Hicchoru
Apr 22nd, 2002, 05:32:12 PM
It will be considered.

:: A small smile forms on Anbira's face ::

But for now, I must consult my colleagues.

Morgan Evanar
May 1st, 2002, 12:41:35 AM
The air near the pair seeming rippled for a moment before revealing a tall man.

"Unusual ways?"

Mr Dust
May 1st, 2002, 12:59:31 AM
The corner's of Mr. Dust's mouth curl upward slightly into a small smirk. He removes his hat once more and bows to the new entrant.

Perhaps a demonstration is in order.

His brow furrows in concentration. Within moments, he appears hazy, as if viewed through a dirty glass. He quickly looks up, and with an even more evident smirk, runs headlong at the new speaker. Without slowing, he runs straight toward the man... and straight through him. Upon reaching the other side, he halts running and returns to a solid form.

Is that a sufficient explanation?

Morgan Evanar
May 1st, 2002, 09:17:37 PM
There had been no deciet. The man had somehow knocked his matter out of phase with everything else and passed through.

"Ah. Yes, I think that works." Morgan looked over at Anbira.

He's a bit... confident.

Anbira Hicchoru
May 5th, 2002, 09:52:28 AM
:: Anbira's eyes glanced to Morgan, as he transferred his thoughts onto him ::

With such unique ability, confidence is nearly prerequisite. With control, such will be an asset to him.

:: Anbira smiled...after all...the feat was more than a little noteworthy ::

Morgan Evanar
May 7th, 2002, 11:03:40 PM
Point.

Morgan let a slight smile slip.

"I think I could train you. While I'm mostly playing on theory here, I'd guess that my abilities are probably closer to your ability to pass through objects than anyone else's."

Mr Dust
May 12th, 2002, 01:49:45 PM
Thankful for the chance to gain more control over his abilities and follow in the footsteps of his parents, Mr. Dust lets some of his confidence slip. He sounds genuinely sincere as he thanks Morgan.

Thank you! I look forward to training with you.