PDA

View Full Version : Krell Solusar's Training

Jace Darklighter
Mar 31st, 2001, 01:29:36 AM
The weather patterns of Yavin 4 were remarkably august in the morning air, as the dew settled in upon the jungles, situated adjacent to the Jedi Temple. Jace Darklighter made his way out to a small clearing, breathing in deeply, as he smelled the fragrances and scents of the planet. A thin gust of wind slapped against the Jedi's cloak, causing diminutive ripples to slide gracefully upon it. Jace looked skyward, searching and feeling his environment. Life surrounded him and brought him strength, along with a reassurance that the Force was infinite. He looked down to his chrono meter, taking notice that his Padawan should be arriving shortly for his training.

Indulging himself within the Force, he waited for his student to arrive.

Krell Solusar
Mar 31st, 2001, 10:26:25 AM
*The Jedi Padawan, eyes narrowed against the wind, trudges up behind his Master.*

"Master Darklighter, I am ready."

Jace Darklighter
Mar 31st, 2001, 02:11:23 PM
A smile blossomed on his face, and he nodded sanguinely.

"It's good to see you here, my Padawan. Today, we will begin with a rudimentary introduction. I ask that you tell me a little about your past. Can you recall any experiences where you have touched the essence of the Force? What brought you here to the Greater Jedi Order? And most significantly, what do you believe the Force is?"

The Jedi affixed his hands behind his back, waiting for the young Padawan to answer.

Krell Solusar
Apr 1st, 2001, 01:16:11 AM
*After a brief pause, the Jedi Padawan spoke.*

"Well, Master Darklighter, my father, as I mentioned before, was a Jedi Knight. Like you. He died before I was born. My mother rarely spoke about him. She seemed afraid of something. I was aware I was Force-sensitive just recently. Things would come to me; little things, you know? Seeing objects hidden from view, or reacting almost superhumanly in my reflexes. I heard about all this, *He gestured loosely, indicating the prestigious Jedi Temple.*
"I left home, working on cargo-freighters for passage, until I arrived here." *Taking a more solemn poise on the question, he answered, slowly and thoughtfully.*
"The Force, I suppose, is something that we can't feel, or touch, or even see, but we know it's there. Almost like it's everywhere. I can feel it. Throbbing in these stones, *He waved up at the ceiling*. To be honest, I don't know exactly what the Force is. All that I know is that I can feel it.

Krell Solusar
Apr 1st, 2001, 01:19:05 PM
"And Master Darklighter, I've been practicing with my lightsaber... and I was wondering, when will I construct my own?"

Krell Solusar
Apr 1st, 2001, 05:52:37 PM
(OOC: Can you see my signature and picture of the X-Wing off to the side? And also, does anyone else use this Ulic Qel-Droma picture in their signature? If so, I'll get a new one.)

JediKnightAL
Apr 1st, 2001, 06:01:25 PM
OOC i can see the saber and the x-wing on the side but there is something in it that won't work

Jace Darklighter
Apr 2nd, 2001, 01:03:42 AM
"Well said, Krell. The Force is something you do feel. With its characteristics and collaboration with life itself, it will help you overcome any obstacle."

The Jedi Knight pivoted to his left and motioned his hand in a wave to a small assemblage of rocks.

"You have spoken of auxiliary reflexes, unparalleled by any natural being. You have felt the first callings of the Force. What I teach you now is to be more amenable to it. It has always been there, it's just a matter of opening your mind to its works."

His lips compressed to a tight line and his eyebrows plunged inward to form a narrow slant.

"Now, Krell. I want you to try to lift these stones in the air. It's not a matter of the mind. It's the feeling from within. Don't think but feel your surroundings. Only then, will you accomplish this task."

Krell Solusar
Apr 2nd, 2001, 01:47:04 AM
*Krell nodded once, firmly, setting to the task at hand.*
"I shall try, Master."
*He closed his eyes, outstretching a hand. The Padawan Learner concentrated deeply. After a drawn period of time, presperitation gathered at the student's brow, the boulder refusing to budge, despite Solusar's wholehearted attempt. He exhaled sharply, hand falling to his side.
"I can't do it. It's too massive, and I'm only a Padawan. I just can't do it, Master Darklighter."

Jace Darklighter
Apr 2nd, 2001, 11:43:21 PM
He shook his head adamantly, while speaking with a firm, yet soothing voice.

"As a great Jedi Master once said, size matters not. Do not allow your rank to be your excuse for allowing your weaknesses to bring doubt to your mind, because you are wrong when you think this. It's not a failure that you couldn't life the rock, but rather, a downfall in your own mind. Listen to the Force and concentrate on your feelings and you mustn't allow a moment of doubt at any time."

The Jedi Knight kept his face passive, but he pointed to the group of rubble once again.

"You must forget the things you have learned from the past. With the Force, they have no place. Close your eyes and allow your mind to connect to the life, which surrounds you. Call upon it, permit it to bring you aid. Step forth and do. Remember, as Master Yoda once said. Do or do not....there is no try. Release your doubt and worry. The Force swells upon life. Without it, it would cease to exist. The path to success, is life, Krell. Remember this. Only when you sustain it, will it work with you."

Stepping back, he viewed the rocks and waited for Krell to begin again.

Krell Solusar
Apr 3rd, 2001, 09:46:13 AM
Krell nodded gravely. Heeding his Master's words, the Padawan focused on the essence of the Force, listening to the stones. He raised a hand; with it came the boulder. Only raising a quarter of a meter, he further concentrated, despite the size and immense weight of the object, for in regard to the Force, a towering boulder weighs no more than a feather caught in the breeze. Knowing this, Krell catapulted the boulder, jerking his hand aside, hurling it back into the array of stones. Feeling a definite loss of strength, he inquires, "Master, I feel... weaker. I have studied about Force reserves. Does this mean, perhaps, I used a pull a significant amount from my reserves to levitate and throw the boulder, which is why I now feel this weakened slighty?"

Jace Darklighter
Apr 3rd, 2001, 09:26:27 PM
"You can call upon the Force to rejuvenate your body to its full health. It can be a slow process, but nevertheless, it helps."

The Jedi smiles as he takes notice of his Padawan completing his first objective.

"You have just learned how to reach out and touch the Force. By doing so, you were able to levitate these rocks. Concentration, a serious mind, and determination is the utmost importance here. Now, Krell, you will now apply these skills in combat."

Jace removed his cloak with a small shrug of his shoulders, causing his cloak to drift lightly to the ground. Gripping his lightsaber, he removed it easily from his utility belt and thumbed it on to its activated glowing blade. A light green hue shrouded the surroundings in a eerie coloring. He motioned for Krell to take his weapon and ignite it.

"Now you will apply rejuvenation, concentration and stratagem of the Force to help defend yourself."

He waited until Krell had his lightsaber ignited and ready. Lifting his left eyebrow and crinkling his forehead, he asked simply, "Are you ready?"

OOC: Naturally, some training must be out of character as well. Let me give you the run down of fighting here at the boards. When we fight, it is more of a role-playing experience rather than a concern of who wins or loses. When I post, I have control over my character as well as yours..to a degree. However, this does not give me the right to do whatever I please to Krell.

There is no killing or the losing of limbs. Whatever I post happens and there's nothing you can do about it - no blocking, no attacking, nothing. But, I must make it realistic. I cannot go on a rampage of slicing and dicing Krell and you, likewise, cannot either against Jace. A relative average post is the two combatants fighting one another. Include some blocks and attacks for both parties (individuals), and then you can lay your attack down at the end of your post: i.e, slash at shoulder, punch in face, kick wherever, ect.

When it is the next person's turn to post, they can do the same kind of technique against the other character. Of course, being creative is always a plus. Now, I suggest you hold off in fighting for awhile until we have completed this training thread. It is meant to give you the basics so you will know what to do once you get out on the battlefield. For further explanation, you know how to contact me. I will give you more insight on the matter. For now, we will conduct a sparring. The best way to learn is through experience.