PDA

View Full Version : Sten

Hart Kenobi
Apr 7th, 2001, 11:23:36 PM
I'd just suggest this:

www16.brinkster.com/brodie/Sten.jpghttp://www16.brinkster.com/sagehazzard/lightsabres/yellow1.jpg<font color= yellow face= "Arial" font size=2>Wields the yellow lightsaber named "Saber of Wukong."

Sten the Chimp
Apr 8th, 2001, 09:28:10 PM
Without the pic?

Sten the Chimp
Apr 8th, 2001, 09:49:58 PM
How about this one?

OOC: Sorry for spamming. I had to do it in order to test the sig. It was the only way I knew how to view the changes. And also, sorry about the neverending table.

Did you take the SAT yesterday?

Hart Kenobi
Apr 9th, 2001, 12:33:26 AM
last Saturday. I thought I did put the pic up. Anyway, there really isn't a need for the table anyway, unless you just like the look.

Sten the Chimp
Apr 9th, 2001, 10:25:20 AM
It took me a while to figure out how to fix it, but I now have it where I like it. Sorry about the never-ending table. But anyway, how 'bout we turn on some droids, give 'em some flamethrowers as well as blasters(elemental training attempt), put them on a good difficultly setting, and trash 'em?

::Ignites lightsaber and starts practicing getting the hang on how to handle a lightsaber. Finds it somewhat difficult due to the gyroscopic effect the power of the lightsaber, but eventually gets better at it.

OOC: I noticed that you did, but there must've been an error in the coding. It showed up as an X. But oh well, I got it fixed.

Hart Kenobi
Apr 9th, 2001, 02:28:29 PM
"I foresee with you natural born agility and prowess, dueling will not be a problem. But using your elementalist powers has the potential to pose one. Put away your saber and I would like to see you fight an imaginary enemy. There is a very fine line that is drawn in an elementalist battle that you have described to me, and I confess I'm interested in how you incorporate your powers in a fight."

::Hart raises a couple of large stones and places them together, creating a wall of stone.::

"That is your opponent. It has just attacked you."

::Hart nods towards it.::

"Now show me what you'd do."

Sten the Chimp
Apr 9th, 2001, 02:51:53 PM
::Focuses on the "enemy" in front of him. He suddenly feels the light breeze of the cool day, and that gives him an idea. He focused on the wind, and tried himself to keep it at a constant flow. He then felt the breeze become constant. Using all of his power, he concentrated on that wind to make it blow harder. Much harder.
Hart's eyes watch his Padawan as he uses his power to create a wind as strong as a tornado. It blasts the "enemy" with great power. But then Sten realized that the wind was blowing towards him. He ducks to the ground just as he sees a huge stone zip past his head. It wasn't exactly what he had planned, but it was a start towards his road to become the first Jedi Elementalist...

OOC: I might not be on for the rest of the day. If I can, I will be. I was online a lot this morning due to spring break.

Hart Kenobi
Apr 11th, 2001, 04:02:28 PM
OOC: Ever read the Jedi Academy Trilogy? The guy named Streen in it has similar powers. You should read it and study up on how you fight. Just an interesting suggestion.

Sten the Chimp
Apr 11th, 2001, 07:46:04 PM
OOC: No, I haven't read the Jedi Academy Trilogy, but I have a friend who has two out of three of tyhe books, so I'll borrow them and read up on them. But also, Sten will not just focus on one elemental type. He'll focus on all of the elements, such as fire, wind, water, earth, ect. I thought that it would be cool to be the only person in GJO that uses that type of Force moves. Also, I'd like to learn how to absorb energy to convert the energy into a very powerful elemental attack. So, how does that sound?

Hart Kenobi
Apr 11th, 2001, 10:32:53 PM
::Hart studied the end of the exercise as Sten dodged one of his "missiles".::
"Very interesting. I admit that you have a very rare talent, one that I have not yet come across in my lifetime. It seemed to fall apart a little at the end, but that is expected. You are trying to control a very powerful part of nature, one that practice is surely needed to manipulate safely. Do you think that you could've done something different at the end to at least keep yourself perfectly safe?"

OOC: Your powers are also similar to Corran Horn's in "I, Jedi." Anyway, I would probably stray from the "fire" part of it. It just sounds Sithy to me. But I guess what you could do is take an already produced fire and manipulate it with wind.
I'm glad to see that you made the "mistake" at the end. It's good to make certain limits for your character, especially one that uses a lot of power like yours. Not everyone can be Luke Skywalker or Darth Vader, and the fact that we're different and more mental than physical in comparison to them makes our characters interesting.
Also, don't try to use one of you elementalist powers to actually finish a guy off. You can hurt him slightly, just not seriously. Some people might mistake it as godmoding if you use it a little excessively.

Darth Ryanos
Apr 12th, 2001, 12:05:45 PM
(This message was left blank)

Darth Ryanos
Apr 12th, 2001, 12:10:28 PM
OOC: Sorry, I didn't mean to post here. I hit the wrong topics buttons, and my computer's acting up. I don't know how to delete posts, so I give my apologies.

Sten the Chimp
Apr 12th, 2001, 12:32:56 PM
OOC: Darth Ryanos is one of my friends in RL. Don't even worry about him, he isn't Sith.

OOC: I plan to do mostly what you said about the fire thing. But also, I plan to be able to heat things up to the point that they catch on fire, and then use wind to build up the fire. Not make things spontaneously combust. And I made it fall apart at the end to show the fact that I'm still just a beginner. More than likely, besides elemental abilities, I'll be able to do Force jumps, increase my speed and agility, and absorb energy to convert it to powerful elemental attacks. I'll make sure that I don't use it in excessiveness. Does that sound like too many abilities?

IC: Thank you, master. I'm glad that you think that I have talent. I couldn't hold or control the last part of the attack because I wasn't powerful enough. But as far as safety goes, I was all spent up on Force energy, so all I could've done was either quickly move out of the way or deflect the projectiles with my lightsaber. But I'll get better at this. I promise....

...So, what shall we do now, master?

Hart Kenobi
Apr 13th, 2001, 12:35:05 AM
I'd suggest logging in some battle hours over at swfans. Training is nothing without some experience. I'll keep an eye open for you. No need to rush into one. Whenever you have the time.

Sten the Chimp
Apr 15th, 2001, 06:57:02 PM
Are there any suggestions on what topic I should start RPing on?

Hart Kenobi
Apr 16th, 2001, 10:44:53 PM
nope. any one is fine :) You can even start your own with a challenge. Just getting the rping experience.

Sten the Chimp
Apr 21st, 2001, 10:38:04 PM
Question: What is AIM? I know that its a messenger, but what website do I get it at?

Hart Kenobi
Apr 21st, 2001, 10:55:46 PM
you'll find it at any download site and at www.aol.com
It means AOL Instant Messenger.

Sten the Chimp
Apr 21st, 2001, 11:03:31 PM
Thanks. I'll probably get sten_the_chimp like I did at Yahoo IM

EDIT: I got the name StenTheChimp. IM me sometime.