PDA

View Full Version : Spar

Tamrak Baroque
Apr 10th, 2001, 12:42:32 PM
::Tamrak walked out of the Living Quardters and headed for a semi-secluded grassy area. Removing his cloak he hung it from a nearby tree before walking to the the middle of the area. Closing his eyes he slowly began the same ritual movements he had performed for years. Even after he had given up fighting he had continued this tradition. Now the continuous repition had new meaning, he would be called to fight again, this time for peace. He knew the moves like he had never stopped training, but he knew that what he really needed was a sparring parnter.::

OOC: This is just a hand to hand spar please, no sabers or other weapons, and no force. Thanks

Sten the Chimp
Apr 10th, 2001, 12:53:08 PM
"I'll take up your man-to-man, hand-to-hand challenge."

::Stretches his muscles and goes into a fighting stance.

"Let's

Tamrak Baroque
Apr 10th, 2001, 12:56:11 PM
::Tamrak looked at his opponent and knew this would be an interesting challenge.::

I don't believe I have ever fought one of your race. You may have the honour of beginning.

::Tamrak stepped into a defensive stance and waited for the attack.::

Sten the Chimp
Apr 10th, 2001, 10:46:24 PM
::Steps forward to strike, but instead suddenly goes into a drunken swagger. Swaying back and forth, he has Tamarak fooled. Suddenly popping out of the drunken swagger, he snatches Tamarak's arm. Then he runs, dragging Tamarak behind him, and then stops, crouches, and flips, sending Tamarak flying into the wall with a huge crash. He then waits for Tamarak to get back up.

"I sense you will be a very worthy opponent. You are well trained in friendly sparring etiquite."

Tamrak Baroque
Apr 13th, 2001, 09:26:49 PM
::Bouncing back to his feet Tamrak smiled and nodded with respect to his opponent.::

I am trained in more than just etiquette I asure you.

::With hidden quickness Tamrak lunged forward and grabbed Sten by the forearm in a quick hip toss. Sten's above average agility allowed him to land on his feet, but Tamrak still had ahold of his arm. Pulling Sten towards him Tamrak let go just as a standing side kick connected with Sten's rib cage sending him backwards.::

Sten the Chimp
Apr 15th, 2001, 06:48:46 PM
::Sails throught the air. Holding his side slightly, he somehow manages to spin at just the right time to use his feet to kick off against the wall. Using the force(not Force) of the kick off, he balls up into a cannon ball flip and slams into Tamrak's chest, knocking him to the ground. Unballing, Sten kneels on Tamrak's chest and delivers a flurry of punches to Tamrak's face, breaking his sunglasses.

"Sorry about that. I'll get you a new pair after this is over with."

Tamrak Baroque
Apr 17th, 2001, 03:35:15 PM
That's very kind of you.

::Tamrak smiled slightly before slamming an open palm into Stens chest knocking the air out of his lungs. Pushing Sten off him, Tamrak performs a kick up and is back to his feet in an instant. As Sten stands and prepares for another attack Tamrak spins sending a spinning heel kick towards Sten's head that Sten easily ducks under, however Tamrak continues the spin and drops down sweeping Sten's legs from under him.::

Sten the Chimp
Apr 20th, 2001, 10:08:48 PM
::Using the momemtum of Tamrak's leg, he performs a backflip, and repositions himself at Tamrak's left. Instantly, Sten kicks Tamrak in the back of the knee, sending him to his knees. Then, doing a handstand and wrapping his legs around Tamrak's neck, he throws him into the air. Then, before Tamrak has the chance to strike back while in midair, Sten uses his backward flipping motion to let him launch himself into the air above Tamrak. Grabbing Tamrak's shoulders with his feet, he flips Tamrak upside down and uses his weight to pile-drive him into the ground.

Tamrak Baroque
Apr 22nd, 2001, 02:23:27 PM
::Tamrak crumples to the ground as the shock of the impact compresses his spine momentarily causing his body to go limp. As he recovers his thoughts turn to Sten, he had never fought an apponent with such agility or the ability to use both his hands and feet to grab and throw.

Slowly getting back to his feet Tamrak shook off the remaining cobwebs and turned his attention back to the tast at hand. Charging forward his arms sliced through the air in a series of punches and chops that were easily blocked by Sten. Faking a side kick to Sten's knee Tamrak drew Sten's arm down to block the kick, and used the opening to connect a solid right punch to Sten's chest knocking him back. Not letting back any Tamrak followed Sten's movements backwards and spun on the ball of his left foot connecting a roundhouse kick with the side of Sten's head sending him flailing to the ground.::

Sten the Chimp
Apr 22nd, 2001, 07:15:10 PM
::Sailing through the air, Sten hits the ground and bounces many times, making his headache even worse. Feeling rather disoriented, he picks himself up, and rubs the side of his head.

"Damn! My head hurts like hell! I never get a headache!"

::After rubbing his head, he pulls out a banana. Eating one cured any ailments that this rather large monkey had. Feeling rejuvenated, he goes into a defense stance.

"I'm ready. Let's go!"

::Still feeling a little dizzy, he starts to sway back and forth. He waits for the finishing blow from Tamrak. Tamrak rushes forward for a roundhouse kick, but then Sten "sobered up" and caught his leg in midair. Twisting Tamrak's leg, Sten sends Tamrak's face smashing to the floor. Then, he bends Tamrak's legs back beyond its norm. He listens to Tamrak groan in pain, and then, he yanks hard on Tamrak's leg, sending him spiraling into the wall head first.

"You fell for it! Ever heard of the "Drunken Monkey?"