PDA

View Full Version : Artemis Jinn's Training

Artemis Jinn
Apr 8th, 2001, 10:32:14 AM
*Artemis enters the academy and waits for her master Hart Kenobi. She opens her mind and lets the Force wash over her.*

Hart Kenobi
Apr 8th, 2001, 02:02:42 PM
::Hart strides in.::

Hello Artemis, I am Hart Kenobi, Jedi Knight of the Greater Jedi Order. I have been informed that we will be training together. :)
This is basically just an introduction into the Star Wars RP universe. If at any point along your journey you are in need of assistance or guidance, feel free to ask me or any of the Jedi Masters who frequent the academy. My AIM is Hart Kenobi as well
There is no need for our relationship to be strict and I am not a micro-manager when it comes to training, so feel free to experiment for yourself and find you own identity and develop your own character.
*smiles* Are you ready to begin your training Artemis? When you are, I'll start off with a few questions.

1. Can you tell me about your past, why you decided to join the Jedi, and the goals of you future?
2. Describe what the Force is to you.
3. What area of the Jedi Experience do you wish to center on? (ex. history, fighting, meditation, philosophy)

Let me warn you that sacrifice comes along with becoming a Jedi. I'm sure that you don't need this warining but it's standard. Jedi are expected to act in a model fashion (in IC roleplays at least, OOC is where we have fun) and you must follow the Jedi Honor Code which you will see throughout this board.

Artemis Jinn
Apr 8th, 2001, 10:43:22 PM
As ready as I'll ever be.

1. My parents were killed by the Empire, and I was taken to be trained as a StormTrooper when I was very young. They thought they could brainwash me, and they told me that my parents had died on a mission for the Empire. But as I grew older, my Force abilities grew somewhat stronger and I sensed they were lying. When I confronted them, they reacted violently.

*Artemis pauses to show a deep scar on her arm.*

I ran away, and have been searching for a home ever since.

2. The Force to me is more of a living thing than something merely to be controlled. It can be found in all beings, yet stronger in others. I don't have much experiance controlling the Force, I just let it wash over me. I believe that the Force can become Light or Dark depending on what the Force user feels.

3. I think some fighting skills would be nice, and I also want to get more in tune to the Force, and learn how to manipulate things with it.

Hart Kenobi
Apr 9th, 2001, 02:24:05 PM
::Hart's eyes turned sad.::

"I'm very sorry what about what happened to your family. Many of us here understand what you have went through."

::Hart gives a crooked smile.::

"Fate is funny that way, especially to us Jedi."

::Hart's head rises, his eyes meeting Artemis'.::

"But even though we hold so much emotion and turmoil inside, we must stay true to the light. It may be hard, and it may be impossible, but to reach the next level, you must first forgive those who hurt you. Do you?"

Artemis Jinn
Apr 9th, 2001, 03:49:48 PM
*Artemis wondered if she could ever forgive the Imperials. She knew that as a Jedi you couldn't go around killing people from your past, but she never knew you actually had to forgive them. She was silent for awhile, trying to calm the emotions rising in her. Artemis could see no reason why the Empire should be forgiven. However, she told herself it was what her parents would have wanted.*

Yes, I forgive them, although I don't agree with their actions.

Edit: TTT

Hart Kenobi
Apr 11th, 2001, 04:21:20 PM
"Very good, then we will commence with the training.
We'll start off with a basic mind exercise: telekinesis.

Over by the tree, I have placed 5 stones. You will have free artistic expression over them. Perhaps how you "play" with them will tell me a little more about you.

Now remember, don't try visualizing the stones themselves. Concentrate in the Force within them. Only that part of it can you manipulate."

Artemis Jinn
Apr 11th, 2001, 05:10:37 PM
*Artemis closed her eyes for a second, reaching out for the Force. Soon she felt it all around her. She concentrated on the rocks, picturing the living Force within each one. The rocks rose a few feet into the air. Then Artemis sent the rocks whirling around in circles, some intersecting with the other rocks, yet each maintaining its own orbit. They spun faster and faster, and then Artemis reversed the direction. This continued for a few minutes, with Artemis changing the direction of the rocks every once in a while. Then she dropped them one by one to the ground.*

How's that?

Hart Kenobi
Apr 11th, 2001, 10:11:58 PM
*Hart nods* "You are indeed strong in the Force. Very talented and you seem to be a fast learner. Now let's see how I can decipher this..

OOC: I just saw something about learning something from handwriting yesterday, so I'll try like an ignoramous to see if I can apply it here. :)

"Circles. That usually represents a sort of shielding and protection of a person's emotions. There has been a lot of disappointment in your childhood with the deaths of you family so that is easily explained. They also move fast and brightly, which tells me that you have an active imagination and are very creative. But they maintain an orbit, which tells me you want and seek a certain amount of order and stability in your life. The intersections gives me a feeling of a small inner conflict of some sort, hidden. Now the change in direction is very interesting, perhaps symbolizing a renewal of a beloved past thing, or the creation and escape into something new."

OOC: my first time trying :) Did I get anything close to right?

::An orb slowly flies outside, resting suspended over Hart's shoulder.::

"Have you constructed a lightsaber by any chance?"

Artemis Jinn
Apr 11th, 2001, 11:00:45 PM
OOC: OMG! You just described me ooc perfectly! That was freaky!
IC:
*Artemis was amazed, he had found out more about her than she was sure she wanted anyone to know.*

No, I haven't made a saber yet, and I don't really have the faintest idea how, except that there are special crystals which give the ls its color.

Hart Kenobi
Apr 12th, 2001, 12:18:33 AM
OOC: :lol: ;)

IC:
Physical fitness with the Jedi's mind-body connection is important, but since it is sorta hard to test that here, I'll try to help you skip to the saber.
Yes, you do use crystals. Each one contains a certain energy and glow, that can be used with certain ancient technology to create a bended beam of light. I'd suggest personalizing the color of the blade and design of your saber hilt. The process should come natural through meditation.

Artemis Jinn
Apr 12th, 2001, 07:14:16 PM
*Artemis nodded.*

Ok, I'll try to make one. Do you want me to start now, or shall we continue training?

Liam Jinn
Apr 12th, 2001, 07:27:14 PM
And, there is another with the name of Jinn :)

Hart Kenobi
Apr 12th, 2001, 11:59:49 PM
Yeah, but she's hotter than you. :p

Artemis Jinn
Apr 13th, 2001, 03:18:05 PM
*Artemis blushes and smiles at Hart.*

Actually, I'm not related to Qui-Gonn Jinn, at least I don't think I am.

Hart Kenobi
Apr 14th, 2001, 03:09:30 PM
"Ah yes, the famded Master Qui-Gon." *smile* "I was wondering whether you came from his family's line. It's time for you to construct the saber, because using it is probably the most called for action that we have to perform in confrontations. A battle is determined won or lost here depending on your skill and creativity with it."

Artemis Jinn
Apr 14th, 2001, 08:24:47 PM
*Artemis nods.*

I will have one ready for you within a week Master. If you wish, I can continue training while I construct it, using my free time to do so or I could stop training until it is completed.

Hart Kenobi
Apr 16th, 2001, 10:43:51 PM
OOC: Psst, let me tell you a secret :) You don't have to take the padawan process that serious. Basically, I only do this to weed out if anyone truly stinks. So far, none of my current padawans are. I can tell that you're an intelligent lady, so just go for whatever you want. I always like to encourage people to get themselves into rps as soon as possible. That's teh only way to really learn anything.

Artemis Jinn
Apr 17th, 2001, 08:29:26 AM
OOC: :) Okay, I'm meeting some new people at the bar & grill, got a job as a waitress. Maybe I can get into some that way. I don't know that much about fighting though. Oh, and do you happen to know anyone who can make a sig for me?

Liam Jinn
Apr 17th, 2001, 06:14:45 PM
Oh you know I am hotter Hart...*flexes* :D

Hart Kenobi
Apr 17th, 2001, 07:13:37 PM
Liam: Look!! I think I see a muscle!! Good job :) You've been working out.

Artemis: Well, there are quite a few people that would work on one for you, though it would probably take some time. The best one's I've seen were by Remy Lebeau, but he rarely does them for anyone else except for a certain board. Others are Ogre Mal Pannis (Sith Empire), Delirion (forgot which group), Jeseth Cloak (Dark Hand) and Sage Hazzard (Greater Jedi Order). You could probably ask any of them :)
By the way, who are you gonna use as your character? Just interested.

Liam Jinn
Apr 17th, 2001, 07:33:07 PM
Hart, you're jealous of that muscle..its ok, you'll get a muscle one day :)

Hart Kenobi
Apr 17th, 2001, 07:42:14 PM
What? Sorry, I couldn't hear you. I think all of your nose and backhair filtered all the noise. :p

Artemis Jinn
Apr 17th, 2001, 09:07:27 PM
*Laughes at Liam.*

I was thinking of using Padme, since I have no imagination. :)

Hart Kenobi
Apr 17th, 2001, 10:08:42 PM
Look at my title :)

Edit: But I don't like grits

Artemis Jinn
Apr 18th, 2001, 07:40:02 PM
Lol. You wanna continue training now? I know I have to get through it to be made a knight. :)

Hart Kenobi
Apr 19th, 2001, 12:56:33 AM
Well, not really. I think getting a social understanding of what it means to be a Jedi is what you will be judged on. Lot's of other people try to pass junk like training is gonna prepare someone. It's not. Whether or not you do this, you'll make your own decisions when you rp by yourself. So it's really just a personal self-understanding rather than repitition in writing things that are basically useless. Unless you're thinking of something specific you might want to work on. Then I'll try to help out as much as possible.

Liam Jinn
Apr 19th, 2001, 07:27:55 AM
Youngin's these days, Hart I remember when you were just a padawan...you owe me respect...R-E-S-P-E-C-T..:D

Artemis Jinn
Apr 19th, 2001, 08:58:03 AM
Okidays. Could you teach me some Force moves though, cause I don't know that many besides Force Push and Force Pull and levitating stuff.

Hart Kenobi
Apr 20th, 2001, 12:39:56 AM
Ok, sure, here's some that are acceptable by a padawan:

1) Relatively strong Force Wall: A move similar to Push but it's stationary. Has a lot of purposes if you use your imagination.
2) You can leap about 30 meters high. The length forward or backwards is probably that cut in half.
3) You can run about 50-60 mph
4) Most people won't agree, but I think padawan's should be able to use the Force Shield, which is basically what it sounds like. It's used to block the electricity that Sith Masters are known to shoot every once and a while. Many Sith godmode, so it's always a good idea to have that in your arsenal.
5) If someone shoots you or stabs you and you don't think that they're fighting fair, then you may transfer the energy into your own. For example, if a bolt shoots you in the arm, you can absorb it and use it to strengthen your next attack. It also is controversial with a padawan, but many times it's necessary.

There may be a lot I'm forgetting, but those are the basics that are recognized. The rest is merely using your imagination and writing style to develope a defense or an offense.

Now that you've got somewhat of a choice in what to do in certain circumstances, let's just test it out.

*A metallic orb enters the training area and immediately shoots a bolt at Artemis. Then another, until finally, it simply shoots round after round continuously*

"Try to destory it before you get stunned too often to fight."

Artemis Jinn
Apr 20th, 2001, 08:22:31 AM
*Artemis jumps up to avoid a bolt, but as she comes down she gets hit.*

This can't be good.

*Artemis ehances her speed w/ the Force, and runs at the orb, also using the Force to sense where it will fire and dodging the bolts (like Luke on the Millinium Falcon practicing against the droid when he was blindfolded). She jumps into the air and kicks the orb. Then as she comes down Artemis punches it,and uses Force Shield, blocking a few of the bolts. However, the shield won't be good for long. Artemis notices a few rocks lying around and kicks the orb again. When it takes a few moments to recover, she drops the Force shield and sends the rocks at the orb, battering it again and again. Soon it's firing at a slower rate and Artemis is able to dodge the bolts while the rocks destroy it. It lets out a beep and falls to the ground, inoperative.*

How was that? I didn't know if I could use Force shield and also control the rocks at the same time or if that would be godmoding for a Padawan.

Hart Kenobi
Apr 21st, 2001, 10:54:12 PM
A force shield would not deflect bolts of electricity that efficiently. Think of it as a thicker part of air that provides extra friction. It is usually used to block debris and physical objects instead of energy. Only use that against electrical bolts when extremely necessary. It's not true Star Wars, but sometimes it's necessary against people who cheat when they fight. But using the rocks was, of course, acceptable.

Have you read any of the Expanded Universe novels?

Artemis Jinn
Apr 22nd, 2001, 05:01:40 PM
Umm....actually, I haven't. I read the Jedi Apprentice books and thats about it.

Edit: TTT

Hart Kenobi
Apr 29th, 2001, 02:37:01 PM
Good. Don't listen to any of those moves that they have in there if you ever do. I assume you've seen the movies though, right? Those are teh only "real" moves I think a person can do. A lot of people think otherwise though, so you'll have to be careful.

Artemis Jinn
Apr 29th, 2001, 03:27:33 PM
I'll remember that.

Back IC:
I was wondering, are you related to Obi-Wan Kenobi, or is it just a coincidence like my last name?

Hart Kenobi
Apr 30th, 2001, 05:39:51 PM
Well, I'm writing a rp to that right now. It's going to turn out that I was meant to be a clone of Darth Maul sent to kill the real Hart Kenobi during the Clone Wars. But there was a malfunction in my growth as a clone and there were abnormalities in my brain. So I awoke not knowing who I was. But because I had the Hart Kenobi's information installed in me (so that it would be easier for me to hunt him down) I woke up from carbonation thinking I was the Jedi. I haven't discovered that yet ic though. :)

Artemis Jinn
May 1st, 2001, 08:12:05 AM
Sounds like it will be interesting. I'm not sure what I want to do w/ Artemis, I'll probably just wait awhile before doing anything big.

Hart Kenobi
May 2nd, 2001, 12:15:15 AM
Sure, but I should just say that you sound like you're reasonable and logical about rping, which already makes you far better than 90% of the rpers around here.

Artemis Jinn
May 2nd, 2001, 08:23:28 AM
Thanks! Do you think it would be alright if I just posted a request for a sparr here, just to test Artemis's skils?Or do I need more training?

Hart Kenobi
May 2nd, 2001, 11:25:42 PM
Of course. I'd be interested in seeing that as well :)