PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Teka Kenobi Training

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Mar 23rd, 2001, 01:32:44 PM
<a href=http://pub1.ezboard.com/fthejediloungejeditrainingandrecruitment.showMessa ge?topicID=1262.topic>Posted by: Hart Kenobi</a>

Hart Kenobi
Mar 25th, 2001, 11:33:44 PM
Checking in.

Jedi Teka Kenobi
Mar 27th, 2001, 12:12:19 PM
I am heere too. I think we should begin our training as soon as possible master.

Hart Kenobi
Mar 27th, 2001, 09:59:08 PM
*ignites his saber and slides into the classic attack position.*
"Prepare for defensive lessons in our art of dueling. It is a very sophisticated weapon, not as crude or random as a blaster."

Jedi Teka Kenobi
Mar 28th, 2001, 04:58:57 PM
*Pulls down black hood and ignites blue sabre* Hmmm now I have a question...."*He turns 90 degrees to the left and stares at the floor for a moment* "If one is supposed to deffend, not attack how can we train? Surely someone has to make the first move, dont they?" *He quickly spins round left to face his master. All the time his sabre points to the ground, clenched in both hands. Teka closes his eyes for a moment and tries to feel the force run through him. He opens his eyes slowly keeping them on his master at all times.* "Let's go" he says quietly just loud enough for hart to hear.*He knows his master will defend himself somehow but still he lunges up at him with his sabre...*

Hart Kenobi
Mar 29th, 2001, 12:06:40 AM
"Defense isn't physical. Nothing to a Jedi is. Offense and Defense are both state of minds. If you are at peace with yourself and don't dabble in the darkside, what can go wrong? Sparring is a practice to hone our techniques. True, a very dangerous practice, but one that will help us cope with the realities out in the universe."
::Parries the strike, knocking Teka's saber to the left. Fakes a thrust to the right leg, but spins and strikes up at Teka's left of the kneck, which was efficiently blocked.::
"Tell me, what are you thinking when you use the Force?"

Jedi Teka Kenobi
Mar 29th, 2001, 03:56:05 AM
"When I am using the force, here and now I am feeling where you will be attcking me next. It is helping me to defend myself from your attacks. It doesnt exactly predict the future but it does..."*Frowns again with his eyes closed*"...I suppose it guides me and hints to me where your next move wil be. Also I fell...as though I can more things than just fight..."

Hart Kenobi
Mar 29th, 2001, 05:26:43 PM
Fighting is not "just" fighting. Using the Force, and labor has endless possibilities. The only thing that can restrict it is you imagination. Jedi do not merely lift rocks, sit, and hit lightsabers together, our bodies are vessels to the otherwise impossible. The Force doesn't just guide you in the task at hand, it should make you aware of the entire environment around you, directing your body to act on impulse. When you use the Force to fight, you should also feel the life of nature around you and incorporate it in your strategy, big or small.

Jedi Teka Kenobi
Mar 29th, 2001, 05:39:06 PM
"Yes...yes that makes sense. OK should we try again? I will do better this time..."

Hart Kenobi
Apr 1st, 2001, 02:39:34 PM
*Hart bows his head in agreement and raises his saber again. As he strikes, he flips over Teka, twisting in the air and landed behind him, thrusting another time. Both strikes were blocked.* "Very good."

Jedi Teka Kenobi
Apr 2nd, 2001, 11:51:47 AM
"Thank you." he says still facing away from Hart

Jedi Teka Kenobi
Apr 2nd, 2001, 02:48:48 PM
OOC: Hart am I allowed to post at SWFans.net for things like battles etc even though you are still training me?

Hart Kenobi
Apr 2nd, 2001, 06:09:55 PM
OOC: Definitely. That's were the real action is and the true place to find experience.

::Hart jumps vertically, Teka's saber barely missing Hart's feet by fractions of an inch. In the air, Hart creates a Force-plank and uses it to catapult himself back, giving him enough height to flip twice before he lands on the ground. Hart's eyes slowly began to close...
Behind him, slowly, small pebbles began to rise off the ground and hung suspended in the air, until finally, each missled towards Teka at the same time as if on cue.::

Jedi Teka Kenobi
Apr 3rd, 2001, 04:38:08 PM
*Teka runs towards the flying pebbles and flips over them again turning in the air to face them, he managed to hit two with his sabre whilst jumping, which were now stationary on the floor. The other six pebbles stoped in mid air and it seemed to teka as if they turned and were now facing him. Again they came flying towards him, he tried to duck and turn aiming to get a couple horizontally but he just missed one and two hit him in the back. A cry of pain came from him as the next four were re-aligning. He stood. He waited for them to come within feet of him and forced pushed them back. There were now a scatter of eight pebbles around teka who stood there quietly. He was currently facing his master. He nodded to him as if to say lets carry on. His sabre is held low, near the floor as he starts to run. ::Listen to the force:: he tells himself. He jumps high and centers his sabre at his masters head. Hart instantaneously lifts his sabre horizontally to defend his padawans strike...*

Hart Kenobi
Apr 4th, 2001, 08:04:16 PM
::Hart blocks above his head and spun to block the next strike to his left shin. He leaps back to avoid another swing and lifts a finger to point at Teka. Suddenly, from the side of the room, a small electric shock shot out towards Teka from a flying metallic orb.::

Jedi Teka Kenobi
Apr 5th, 2001, 12:09:48 PM
OOC: I hope you're talking about that thing luke was training in, in a new hope...

Hart Kenobi
Apr 7th, 2001, 02:18:55 PM
Now close you eyes.
*Hart's finger motions for two more orbs to enter. They begin to glide around Teka extremely fast, revolving and spinning, measuring him with each of their shooters. As if on cue, all three orbs shot simultaneuosly at the same time Hart rushed up and swung his saber at Teka's right leg.*

Jedi Teka Kenobi
Apr 7th, 2001, 05:31:48 PM
*Teka, with his eyes closed, put his sabre so that it is paralell to his right leg and then continues to flip that way turning in mid-air. One of the orbs accidentally shoots another which falls to the ground. For a few seconds you could see electrical waves flowing over it and then stopping. He lands and gets into a defensive position ready for the next attack.

Jedi Teka Kenobi
Apr 7th, 2001, 05:43:13 PM
OOC: Sorry I forgot to put this in my other post but could you please tell me the maximum amout of threads i get involved in at swfans.net, I dont want to get into too many but I dont want to get into too few either.

Hart Kenobi
Apr 7th, 2001, 06:48:15 PM
OOC: definitely. It'll take a really long time if you didn't, since I have to see how you react first before I start the next move. But since I'm really just looking at how you rp, you can go for as long as you'd like, adding in as many things as you want.

And there's no limit with SWfans.net. Obviously, you don't join in the closed thread, but all others are fair game. If it says "Open", then they want you in it so post freely.

Jedi Teka Kenobi
Apr 8th, 2001, 12:40:59 PM
OOC: OK thanx for that, could you please take the next move, I'm not really sure whast to do nnext apart from what I've done and I really dont want to make this an OOC thread :)

Hart Kenobi
Apr 8th, 2001, 02:16:04 PM
"Very impressive."

::Hart's finger dropped, causing the orb to fall inactive on the ground.
He examined the Jedi across from him, measuring him.
Suddenly, a peice of cloth rose up from beside him and slowly made it's way toward's Teka's left hand.::

"Put it on. Eyes are decieving. Don't trust them."

Jedi Teka Kenobi
Apr 8th, 2001, 03:55:39 PM
*Teka watched as the cloth hovered above his hand for a couple of seconds. He took it an examined it. I was a 100% regular cloth. He did as his master told him and put the cloth over his head covering his eyes. He made sure he couldn't see through it and just to make sure he shut his eyes anyway. He got into the Chudan stance, wit his sabre forward pointed at what would be his opponents neck he waited for what ever his master would come up with next.*

Hart Kenobi
Apr 9th, 2001, 02:34:39 PM
"I would like to see how you'd fight under desperate conditions. Many people make the mistake and unknowingly tap into the darkside when they are given an abnormal challenge."

::Lifts his saber in tradition, and runs to strike.::

Jedi Teka Kenobi
Apr 9th, 2001, 03:54:18 PM
*Teka listened to what his master said. He put his sabre hilt so that it was at his right shoulder, griped with both hands so one arm came across his chest and so the blade pointed upwards (Hasso stance). Hart ran towards him striking down. Teka horizontally blocked it and spun round into a stike heading towards hart stomach.*

Jedi Teka Kenobi
Apr 9th, 2001, 03:58:15 PM
OOC: Hart how do you get so many posts and how. I've been here for around a month now and I only have 20!!! lol, I want to get more but where can I post?

Hart Kenobi
Apr 11th, 2001, 04:06:10 PM
OOC: go on posting binges at Yog's Bar and Grill. :)

IC:
"Remember, you can't see me with your eyes. Explain through your feelings."

::Hart blocked the strike and spun to try to sweep Teka off his feet with a leg trip.::

Jedi Teka Kenobi
Apr 12th, 2001, 07:07:34 AM
OOC: OK thanx

Hart Kenobi
Apr 13th, 2001, 12:39:06 AM
"You are still relying on your feelings and senses too much. Let go of your mind and move with your body. Explain less about what you're thinking and more on your movements."

::Hart secretly picked up another saber, which now meant he held one in his right and one in his left. He ignited it only a split second before he striked at Teka's head. At the same moment, he used the already ignited saber in his right to strike at Teka's legs.::

Jedi Teka Kenobi
Apr 13th, 2001, 07:03:20 AM
*Instantaniously Teka got onto one knee (like the above pic of obi-wan), the above sabre taking off a tuft of his hair. He put his sabre verticaly to the floor blocking his masters strike. He took a few quick steps backwards. He stepped forward and a few more strikes and clashes of sabres were made, until Teka hurt his lower right leg with a strike from harts left sabre. He could still stand but it was distracting him...*

Hart Kenobi
Apr 14th, 2001, 03:02:25 PM
All that comes naturally once you are able to open yourself to the Force and keep open. It can't be scientifically taught or guided through, because there is no specific or describable feeling you must have to achieve telekinesis or any of the others.
You have learned all the skills necessary to perform the duties of a Jedi. Now, all that is left is for you to prove to yourself that you can use them. I always encourage Jedi to duel at the BG as soon and as frequently as they can to both make a name for themself, and gain experience in handling tough situations.

But be careful, I'd say the majority of the Sith godmode, so don't be hesitant to just call a battle off if you don't think that the Sith can play fair.

Jedi Teka Kenobi
Apr 14th, 2001, 03:45:39 PM
yeah I'm currently in a battle Hart, and have been in several others. I will carry on posting but maybe you'd like to look through the pages. Oh and in the anbira one I got totally destroyed so dont feel ya have to read that one (j/k)

Jedi Teka Kenobi
Apr 17th, 2001, 04:28:52 PM
This isn't spam it's just to remind hart that i amm still here and have already replied tom his previous IC msg. Please dont forget about me as I am still rp'ing here.

Hart Kenobi
Apr 17th, 2001, 07:09:46 PM
Yeah, I know :) It's just that I can already see that you know the basics. Now all you have to do is constantly follow them until they become second nature. This thread is basically to give you a better understanding of what this rp is about. I don't think I need to absolutely nitpick and tell you every move should you make, I'd much rather you learn throughh experience. So the first round of training is technically completed, and you can use this thread in the future for any spurious questions you may have.

Jedi Teka Kenobi
Apr 27th, 2001, 03:36:45 PM
Here are a few quiestion I hhope you'll answer Hart...

Hart Kenobi
Apr 29th, 2001, 02:42:05 PM
Of course. That's what I'm here for, to answer ANYTHING you want along your "journey."

1. Just anything that suddenly arises. Say you're having a battle and are interested in a particular question like "would this be godmoding" or "would this lead to the darkside" I'd be glad to give my opinion.
2. A binge is just getting a lot of something. A binge of posts is like an overdose of drugs. Taking too many isn't good for you. :)
3. Force plank isn't an actual move, it's a creative one. It's nice to make up some to customize your fighting style.
4. AIM Hart Kenobi
5. You can rp ANYWHERE. Even here, but you have to say it's an rp.
6. Nope, not really. You'll have to use your own judgement.

Teka Kenobi
Apr 29th, 2001, 03:33:25 PM
1. OK cool
2. Yup too much can kill ya....or get ya banned
3. Is force plank like a force wall thing?
4. Awww yer not online
5. ok...this is not an rp i hope ya know :)
6. I can't remember what Q.6 was but i'm that's ok too

Thanx for that hart, see ya later

Teka Kenobi
Apr 29th, 2001, 03:38:19 PM
Hart where can i learn all of these moves? Nichos and Anakis found me a couple pages that are quite good, but do i have to post that i know these moves or what? Also I changed my name to just Teka Kenobi explaining the los of a few posts.

Hart Kenobi
Apr 30th, 2001, 05:36:57 PM
Can you show me the link to those pages? I admit I'm a little skeptical.

Teka Kenobi
May 1st, 2001, 04:31:05 PM
ok Hart they are:

www.roleplayinggames.net/...list.html. (http://www.roleplayinggames.net/starwars/common_files/power_list.html.) Unfortunately i can't remember the other one and it is only because Nichos tole me this one I remembered it hehe. So - what do ya think??

Hart Kenobi
May 2nd, 2001, 12:18:42 AM
I can't see it right now, but my usual rule is: If it isn't in the movie, a Jedi can't do it. Some people like to include EU, but that's up to you and I won't stop you if you do.

Teka Kenobi
May 2nd, 2001, 02:50:15 AM
Alright Hart i'll try and stick to that but if i am gettin my ass whooped then I'll go a bit further than the movie. Dont worry I'll use my commen sense i wont force push a million people or anything :) But thanx for the reply

Hart Kenobi
May 2nd, 2001, 11:26:34 PM
Again, you don't have to accept their moves. At the bg, look at Darth Phantom's challenge to Sage Hazzard I think. Sage simply rejected half of Phantom's moves. It's perfectly acceptible.

Teka Kenobi
May 3rd, 2001, 11:03:23 AM
Alrigt Hart :) Tnax very much for the advice.