PDA

View Full Version : Dio Blackmoon's Training (2)

Nichos Marr
May 1st, 2001, 04:42:45 PM
Nichos stood on the soft floor of the training ground. Both of his arms were crossed, and his facial expression was dead serious. Dio had amazingly shown great potential thus far. Nichos hoped his padawan would keep it up.

The Knight reached out with the Force, sensing his Padawan somewhere nearby.

"Dio, your training will begin again. Meet me on the training grounds. Bring your lightsaber, and be ready for anything." Nichos had sent the message through the Force. Now he had to wait for Dio to show.

Dio Blackmoon
May 1st, 2001, 04:59:55 PM
*Dio, walked nearby, felt his master calling to him from the training grounds. Immediately, he turned around and began to jog. He arrived to find his master with a very serious face, arms crossed.* "Master, have I done something wrong."

Nichos Marr
May 1st, 2001, 05:26:46 PM
Nichos kept his serious expression.

"Tell me Dio, what have you learned so far?" He asked.

Dio Blackmoon
May 1st, 2001, 05:29:47 PM
*He pondered for a moment.* "Mainly physical things. How to use the Force to sense life, augment strength and fighting capabilities, and other enhancements. You have also taught me how to fight with a lightsaber."

Nichos Marr
May 1st, 2001, 05:45:18 PM
"Good. Now do you remember that technique I used on you in the spar? The one that made you blind?" Nichos asked. Without waiting for a response he continued.

"It's called Force Blind. I want you to try it on me. You must gather the Force and create a light force, directed at the opponent's eyes. It does not harm, just temporarily blinds. Go ahead." Nichos stood back and waited.

Dio Blackmoon
May 1st, 2001, 06:05:07 PM
*Dio remember the feeling. It would seem to be a great advantage in battle. He slit his eyes and drew upon the Force, until a concentration of light appeared on his extended hand. When he sensed that the time was right, he threw his light at Nichos... he hoped that he had done it correctly.*

Nichos Marr
May 1st, 2001, 06:26:36 PM
Nichos blinked twice and rubbed his eyes. He could still see somewhat. He waited a minute until his vision returned.

"That was good, try again. I know you can execute a stronger Force Blind. Your timing was accurate, so keep it up." Nichos waited.

Dio Blackmoon
May 1st, 2001, 06:33:33 PM
*He began the same motion again, but drew deeper into his well of Force energy and a ball of light again grew, but brighter and larger. Again the time was right. He let fly the ball of light, and it erupted in a flash around his master's head. He hoped that it had been more effective.*

Nichos Marr
May 1st, 2001, 07:02:36 PM
Nichos shook his head. All he saw was white. Very effective the Force Blind was. Especially to those who did not use the Force.

Nichos rubbed his eyes and slouched against the wall. About 4 minutes afterwards, his vision slowly returned. Even he had not been able to use Force Blind so powerful when he was a padawan.

"Excellent Dio." Nichos shouted. "Now we'll work on a technique known as Force Speed. Quite like Force Jump, you use the Force to strengthen your muscles. I want you to dodge this."

He reached into his pocket and took out a remote. He pressed the red button. Suddenly, remote droids raised off the floor and began to shoot at Dio.

"Please refrain from using your lightsaber to deflect the shots. The laser power is set low, so they will not harm you. Good luck."

Dio Blackmoon
May 1st, 2001, 07:05:29 PM
*He immediately responded to the challenge. He drew a bit of the Force momentarily and gathered his energy as he ran. He felt himself moving at a speed much faster than he had ever run, and he was avoiding the bolts handily. He was running loops around the grounds, dodging blasts.*

Nichos Marr
May 1st, 2001, 07:33:02 PM
Nichos pressed the switch again and watched as 4 other remote droids joined the fray. Now 8 remote droids, shot at Dio. Nichos watched with interest.

Dio Blackmoon
May 1st, 2001, 07:44:48 PM
*Freewheeling around the room at unheard of velocities, Dio was almost inclined to yell 'whee!', but he stufeed that urge away as clidish. He continued to run, jump, duck, and roll when necessary. He was not even thinking anymore; he drew on the Force to speed him up and to help him dodge. Though there were more remotes, he was able to dodge and roll with ease through their tangled web of blasts.*

Nichos Marr
May 1st, 2001, 09:28:16 PM
Suddenly, Nichos whipped out the control and pressed the button. The 8 remote droids fell to the floor and ceased fire.

"Even more Excellent Dio. Your training is progressing well. Now I will teach you how to control the weak-minded with the Force. This can work on humans, aliens, animals, etc."

Nichos walked out of the training room for a moment and walked back in with a Ralltir tiger on a leash. The tiger began to growl at Dio. Nichos unleashed it and jumped back observing.

"Dio, I want you to use the Force to enter the Tiger's mind. Then I want you to control it with your thoughts. Never break concentration, or else you'll be Tiger food."

Dio Blackmoon
May 1st, 2001, 09:34:29 PM
*Dio looked the tiger in the eye and closed his eyes. He imagined himself in the tiger's mind, and suddenly he WAS the tiger. It was like having one's own mind, and being able to use another for one's own purposes. He mentally told the tiger to come to him. It was quite a feeling he got, seeing the tiger walk to him. He then told it to sit on its haunches. It did. He then put a hand on the tiger's large head, and it growled almost friendly-like. He the told the large feline that it was naptime. The cat obeyed and walkd to a corner of the training grounds and feel asleep.*

Nichos Marr
May 2nd, 2001, 06:45:07 PM
Nichos grinned from the corner he was standing in. He began to clap and advanced forward.

"I couldn't have done it better myself. Once again, you have completed the task with no help." Nichos grinned.

He put the tiger back on the leash and tied it around a poll.

"Next, you will learn how to form a Force Shield. You must gather the Force around you and utilize it into a protective shield around you. The stronger your link and concentration are, the stronger the shield is." Nichos said.

Dio Blackmoon
May 2nd, 2001, 06:59:38 PM
Dio began to close his eyes, and he tapped his well of Force strength. He began to shape the energy in his mind into a shell that would shield him from hazards. He momentarily succeeded, and could see a pulsating bubble of energy shimmering around him. It failed. He tried again. He could not hold it for more than 8 or 10 seconds.

"Nichos, I'm having trouble... I can't hold the shield for very long."

Nichos Marr
May 3rd, 2001, 06:55:43 PM
"That's quite alright Dio. Always remember that practice makes perfect."

Nichos blinked a few times before speaking again.

"Concentrate on only forming a shield around you. Block everything else out of your mind. I know you can do it Dio." Nichos grinned.

Dio Blackmoon
May 3rd, 2001, 07:05:53 PM
Dio began to forget everything around him. He blocked out all potential distractions, and focused solely on creating the shield. He again drew deeply on his well of Force strength, and began to shape the coursing energy into a ball of pulsating energy that surrounded him, protecting him from danger. He held the shield for as long as he could, until he felt like he could keep it up for no longer. He ceased to maintain the field. He turned to Nichos and spoke.

"How long did I keep it up for?"

Nichos Marr
May 3rd, 2001, 07:09:45 PM
Nichos stared at his chrono timer. A smile spread across his face.

"Over a minute. That's great for your second try." Nichos explained.

His face went emotionless before he spoke again.

"Are you ready to continue with training? Or do you need a break?"

Dio Blackmoon
May 3rd, 2001, 07:31:57 PM
"I believe that I can go on, master. I don't feel tired at all."

Nichos Marr
May 3rd, 2001, 08:15:34 PM
Nichos nods.

"That's good to hear. The next move you'll learn is called Force Wind. It is where you gather the wind around you and thrust it at your opponent. Advanced Jedi Knights and Masters can sometimes create a cyclone if needed."

Nichos relaxed a bit.

"Now feel yourself gathering the air around you, with the Force. Once you have a sufficient amount, you will know. I want you to thrust it at me. Do not worry if you hurt me or not."

Dio Blackmoon
May 3rd, 2001, 08:32:34 PM
Dio felt that this was almost easy compared to the last exercise. He could feel the air flowing around him in the Force, and he called it to draw to his front. In moments, hear could feel and hear a large, gusting ball of air in front... he felt that the time was right. He commanded the air to rush at Nichos...

Nichos Marr
May 3rd, 2001, 09:01:45 PM
Nichos was pushed back a few feet, but he managed to keep his stance.

"Try again Dio, this time apply more strength to the push."

Dio Blackmoon
May 3rd, 2001, 10:39:20 PM
Yes, he was sure he could do better. Dio followed the same pattern, for the same amount of time, but tried his hardest to dig deeper into his reserve of Force energy. At the same moment, he let fly with what he felt was a stronger blast of wind. It hit Nichos...

Nichos Marr
May 4th, 2001, 11:08:28 PM
Nichos flew back about 10 feet. He stopped himself with the Force and got up. The Knight brushed his cloak.

"Excellent Dio. Truly excellent."

He grinned.

"Now I remember you told me you wanted to learn some philosiphy. What do you know of Jedi Philosophy?"

Dio Blackmoon
May 6th, 2001, 06:13:16 PM
"All I know is that they were pretty much the galactic peacekeepers for a thousand generations. Then they were wiped out in the Clone Wars. So nothing, really."

Nichos Marr
May 6th, 2001, 07:05:51 PM
Nichos nods. He reaches into his robes and pulls out a scroll. He gives it to Dio. The scroll reads:

"There is no emotion; there is peace. There is no ignorance; there is knowledge. There is no passion; there is serenity. There is no chaos; There is harmony. There is no death; there is the Force. The peace and justice of the Galaxy will be guarded, and all life in any form is and will be respected. For my ally is the Force, and I use its powers to serve and protect the innocent from evil. I seek goodness, and defend it from the Dark Side. I have dedicated my life to the Truth, I am the Light - I am a JEDI"

"That is the Jedi Code. Dio. Learn it, and abide by it. Tell me when you have finished reading or memorizing it."

Dio Blackmoon
May 6th, 2001, 09:35:42 PM
Dio takes a few moments to look over it and absorb it. He lifts his head.

"I've read it, and from this day promise to abide by every word of it."

Nichos Marr
May 7th, 2001, 09:51:17 AM
"Now Dio, I don't know if I should be saying this at all, but sometimes if a Jedi needs to break the code for the greater good, it's ok to do so. But remember that only when all other options have been exercised and thought out, can you resort to this."

Nichos took a deep breath and continued.

"There are some parts of the code that you should never break. You should never feel anger or crave power. Got it?"

Dio Blackmoon
May 8th, 2001, 08:28:32 PM
Dio nodded. Made sense to him.

"So what's next?"

Nichos Marr
May 9th, 2001, 08:01:48 PM
Nichos thought for a moment. Then he had an idea. A small smile crept upon his face.

"I want you, to describe the nature of the Force in your opinion. Why do people choose the light path? or the dark path? What is the Force to you?"

Dio Blackmoon
May 9th, 2001, 10:40:15 PM
Dio put his chin in his hand and pondered the questions for a few moments. Then he spoke.

"Well, I think, from what I've been able to piece together, that a person would take the Dark path to get to power faster. They want power and they want it now, and they don't care how they get it. As for the choice of the Light side, I'd say that a person who chooses this has a sense of good and honor, at least in part. They are willing to work for their abilities and are ready to use them to protect and help others. And the Force, to me... well, it's like a part of me. It's a well of energy that is within, and at the same time is a sea of energy flowing all around me, coming from everything that is around."

Nichos Marr
May 10th, 2001, 08:42:23 PM
"You have been well taught Dio. You know much of the Force. More then I did when I was a Padawan to be honest. You should be proud of your accomplishments. Don't let that pride get to your head though." Nichos grinned.

He walked over to a rock and sat on it. Nichos rubbed his chin for a moment and then began to speak again.

"Let me ask you something. If you saw someone attacking a bad person, what would you do?"

Dio Blackmoon
May 10th, 2001, 10:24:35 PM
Dio pondered the question for a minute.

"Well, first of all, no matter who the people are, it's important to stop the fight before someone gets hurt bad. Then it would be best to find out what the scrape was about and what can be done to resolve it. I don't think it matters who is being beaten up, a Jedi has a duty to protect others, no matter who they are, from harm."

Nichos Marr
May 12th, 2001, 09:20:29 AM
Nichos nods.

"Now, I'd like to ask you questions in a different scenario." He started. "If you were in battle with a Sith, and he beat you badly, but then you put him in a deadly position, for example hanging off a catwalk or a cliff. Would you save that Sith?"

He waited in silence.

Dio Blackmoon
May 12th, 2001, 10:01:09 AM
"No, I don't believe I would. Sith are evil. They hurt and murder innocent people. They are against all of what the Jedi believe. If I were to save one, they would just go out and most likely murder innocents again. Sith are not worth saving."

Nichos Marr
May 12th, 2001, 05:16:16 PM
"Yes, but Sith are living creatures too. If you felt a small chance of redemption for that Sith, if there was a chance to change him. Would you save him then?"

Dio Blackmoon
May 13th, 2001, 10:30:17 AM
"Well, but is deception not a one of a Sith's most powerful tools? He could be deceiving.:"

Nichos Marr
May 13th, 2001, 11:09:47 AM
Nichos nods at his Padawan.

"I understand and respect your point of view. You have learned well. Remember that the Force is your guide. With it at your side, you can accomplish anything."

He gazed upon the small sun roof. The sun had set and darkness crept along. Nichos knew it was time.

"Now, would you like to proceed in training?"

Dio Blackmoon
May 13th, 2001, 11:24:26 AM
"Yes, I am ready for more training."

Nichos Marr
May 13th, 2001, 11:29:16 AM
"Excellent, follow me."

Nichos turned around and walked outside of the training grounds. He turned around to see Dio following.

Nichos continued his walk through the jungles of Yavin IV. The night sky was dark, but the stars shone brightly.

"Dio, where do you think we are going?"

Dio Blackmoon
May 13th, 2001, 04:22:02 PM
"I really couldn't say... I feel uneasy, though..."

Nichos Marr
May 13th, 2001, 05:18:18 PM
Nichos nods once again.

"Good. Your force senses are strong."

He walked past a few trees and ducked under a large vine. A cold breeze met him on the other side. It was a clearing of sorts. Tree stumps and dead trees. A fire had occured here, now everything in the surrounding area was dead.

Dark creatures lurked in the shadows. The trees seemed to give off an evil power.

"Dio, How feel you?"

Dio Blackmoon
May 13th, 2001, 08:44:12 PM
Dio drew his cloak a little tighter to himself. It was cold here... temperature cold, yes, but also another sort of cold. The cold that went with darkness. The Dark Side was strong in this place.

"I feel cold... there is a lot of darkness around here..."

Nichos Marr
May 13th, 2001, 08:48:34 PM
"Yes Dio. The Dark Side is strong with this place. It is cursed with it."

Nichos had a grim expression on his face. He had visited this place before, alone. It was not pleasant.

"Dio, what else do you feel? Can you hear anything? A voice possibly?"

Dio Blackmoon
May 13th, 2001, 08:51:49 PM
[i]Dio thought and concentrated for a minute. He did almost hear something calling...[i]

"Yes, almost like a call... a call to step over the the Dark Side..."

Dio Blackmoon
May 13th, 2001, 08:52:00 PM
Dio thought and concentrated for a minute. He did almost hear something calling...

"Yes, almost like a call... a call to step over the the Dark Side..."

Nichos Marr
May 13th, 2001, 09:09:29 PM
"And how will you answer that call Dio?"

Dio Blackmoon
May 13th, 2001, 09:12:42 PM
"No."

Nichos Marr
May 15th, 2001, 05:16:23 PM
"Correct Dio."

Nichos rubbed the stubble on his chin for a moment before continuing.

"Tell me, how would you ignore the call to the Dark Side. What makes you stay with light?"

Dio Blackmoon
May 15th, 2001, 08:22:49 PM
Dio pondered that for a moment.

"Well, though the Dark Side is tempting, it is pure evil which will corrupt anyone who follows that path. Staying on the Light Side, for me, is knowing that I'm fighting for good in the galaxy and saving the lives of innocent people, not sowing chaos and destruction and murder through the galaxy, as the Sith are."

Nichos Marr
May 15th, 2001, 08:37:17 PM
"Don't forget how the Dark Side drains at their looks."

Nichos grinned at that comment. Most Sith and Dark Jedi eventually decayed from using the Dark Side as their ally. It drained their power.

He wrapped his coat around him. Dio had noticed the drop in temperature too.

"Does the Dark Side, in any way interest you? Even if you do not follow it."

Dio Blackmoon
May 15th, 2001, 09:23:48 PM
"I would have to say no. I have no interest in studying or even learning about such an evil thing."

Nichos Marr
May 15th, 2001, 09:34:02 PM
"That's good to hear Dio."

Nichos relaxed quite a bit. He sensed sincerity in Dio. The Jedi Knight thought about all those others that had turned to the Dark Side. Dio was different. He was headstrong, and he had common sense.

"Well, I think we should leave this place don't you? Now you have a good feel for the Dark Side and it's evilness. Do not underestimate it...ever."

Back in the Training Center

"Dio, you have trained well and you've proven yourself quite a worthy and excellent Jedi. Right now, training will cease for a short while. Be ready, for there is one last thing you must do. Then your training will be complete. For now, you are free to do any self training or sparring."

Nichos smiled.

Dio Blackmoon
May 15th, 2001, 09:38:26 PM
"Well, I am glad that I have proven myself to you. I will try my best to prove to you and everyone that I am capable as a Jedi."