PDA

View Full Version : Ian Nottingham...time for training...

Jedi Rebel X
Apr 20th, 2001, 01:09:42 PM
::Rebel walks into the training room and removes his cloak. He sits and waits for his padawan to enter::

Ian Nottingham
Apr 20th, 2001, 08:24:05 PM
Enters training room cloak hood drawn back w/ hair neatly spiked.

Jedi Rebel X
Apr 20th, 2001, 09:28:27 PM
Stands up and looks to his padawan.

"I like the hair. Now on to training. I want you to answer this question."

What do you know of the force?

Ian Nottingham
Apr 20th, 2001, 11:05:57 PM
The force is an invisible anomoly in which all things are made of. Certain people that are in tne with the force are able to tap its awesome power to assist in certain situations.

Jedi Rebel X
Apr 20th, 2001, 11:11:20 PM
Have you ever encountered the force? Used it in a way?

Ian Nottingham
Apr 20th, 2001, 11:52:54 PM
Encountered it yes.......exercised my abilitys yes.......used it? No

Jedi Rebel X
Apr 21st, 2001, 12:56:22 AM
Alright, that's all the questions for now.

Now on to more physical training.

::Rebel takes a pebble out of his pocket and places it on the floor::

"Sit please."

::Rebel sits and speaks once again::

Now, I want you to concentrate on this pebble, concentrate on it moving. Feel the force move through you, ask it to help you. See the pebble move in your mind, and keep concentrating on it rising. Now...begin.

Ian Nottingham
Apr 21st, 2001, 12:58:39 AM
Sits down in a cross legged style. Closes his eyes and invisions the pebble lying on the ground. With one small though the pebble levitated and landed in his open palm all in one swift motion.

Jedi Rebel X
Apr 21st, 2001, 01:18:39 AM
::Rebel watched with great interest as Ian lifted the pebble in such short time::

"Very well done, I can see that you're a fast learner. You see, the force is our helper, it makes us do things that others can only dream of. Although it does so much for us, never forget that you are the one in control. You must be able to be ready to face dangers with or without the force."

Do you understand?

Ian Nottingham
Apr 21st, 2001, 01:22:11 AM
Yes I understand. There have been instances in which I have been without any knowledge of the force and was forced to face danger with nothing but my mind.

Jedi Rebel X
Apr 21st, 2001, 01:34:10 AM
Very good.

::Rebel gets up and begins to walk out of the room, motioning for Ian to follow. They walk outside, past a nearby field and into the forrest::

Being out here among the wilderness brings a sense of peace. It's also a good spot to train in.

::Rebel turns to Ian::

Now, I want you to listen to everything around you, the sounds of nature, the animals, the foliage swaying in the wind, everything. Let it bring peace to your mind. After this, I want you to tell me, how do you feel?

Ian Nottingham
Apr 21st, 2001, 01:41:36 AM
As he is led into the forest he parts a few yards away from his Master and closes his eyes and stands there. The singing of the birds, the rustling of the grass blades in the wind, the coolness of the breeze, it is a serine place to be in.......it brings out the calmness as if this were the birthplace of all living things as well as the force. It makes me feel calm and peaceful it is as if the flow of the force is more tranquil within me.

Jedi Rebel X
Apr 21st, 2001, 02:18:41 AM
Yes, this area does that to a person. Now, we will begin learning basic force moves, the easiest to learn. You've already shown you have great potential. We'll start with the more physical moves.

The force can help you do many things, including increasing your physical attributes, and make you appear to do superhuman things. To do these next moves you'll need to again concentrate on the force, feel it flow through every living thing around us. Let it come into you, flow through you, and ask it to help you again.

We will start on force speed. This is a way of increasing your speed so much so that you seem to teleport from one place to another, instead of moving.

Now, see yourself where you want to be, ie by another tree. Imagine yourself there, and let the force move through you. Concentrate on moving there, and focus on it.

Ian Nottingham
Apr 21st, 2001, 02:21:57 AM
A massive tree a few yards in front of them come into Ian's view. Without closing his eyes Ian Imagines himslef standing on one of the middle branches. A few moments of hard concentration placed him neatly on a middle branch.

Jedi Rebel X
Apr 21st, 2001, 02:38:48 AM
::Rebel watches his padawan with interest. As Ian looks about in awe of what he did he looks up and sees Rebel above him::

Well done, Ian. Now, don't expect for everything to come so easy. Many things you will learn are going to require hard work and concentration. Also, I see how you are proud of what you have accomplished, as you should be. Don't let the fact that you can do things others can't or that you are a fast learner make you think you're better than someone else. As jedi, we rather think of ourselves as servants of others, those who cannot protect themselves. The sith see themselves as above all others. Jedi are humbled, sith are prideful, jedi respect others, sith don't care for anyone other than their kind. Basically, don't let newfound power or abilities ever go to your head. For that is the path to the darkside. Do you understand?

Ian Nottingham
Apr 21st, 2001, 02:41:24 AM
I understood these rules the moment I had first encountered the force. As a child I was greedy and bullied people around but as I grew older I realized that what I was doing wasn't amounting to any good and that is when I started feeling the force for what it is.

Jedi Rebel X
Apr 21st, 2001, 02:57:23 AM
Very good. This is the jedi code, learn it well and abide by it.

"There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no chaos, there is harmony. There is no death, there is the force.

The peace and justice of the galaxy will be guarded, and all life in any form is and will be respected. For my ally is the force, and i use it's powers to serve and protect the innocent from evil. I seek goodness, and defend it from the dark side. I have dedicated myself to the truth. I am the light, I am a jedi."

Ian Nottingham
Apr 21st, 2001, 03:03:21 AM
The code of the Jedi. I shall follow it till the day i cease to exist and beyond.

Jedi Rebel X
Apr 21st, 2001, 03:09:29 AM
I hope to see that you do.

Now, I think we've done a lot for one day, so after this next move let's stop for a little bit.

This next move is called force jump. It's using the force to jump much higher than you usually could. A well trained padawan can usually jump up to 50 feet, and a well trained knight beyond that. Now, you see that branch up higher than the one we're on...about 20 feet up? I want you to concentrate on the force as you have with the other moves. This time, center your concentration on your legs, and see yourself jumping up to that branch. You may have as much time as you need to get prepared, and remember, don't try to think too hard, rather just do it.

Ian Nottingham
Apr 21st, 2001, 03:12:11 AM
Don't think just do......

Ian takes a look at the brach above kneels down and springs upward landing on the branch in which he had intended to land.

Whoa that was like.......like I didn't even think of using the force it just.....happened.

Jedi Rebel X
Apr 21st, 2001, 03:30:42 AM
Yes...

::Rebel springs upward and lands next to Ian::

As you progress in your training you will see that the force comes more naturally to you. You don't have to concentrate so much as to just doing it. Soon enough you'll be able to use the force at will, not having to sit and think for a while. Force jump is used to jump, as you can see from it's title. To reach ledges you wouldn't normally be able to, and so on. It's similar to force speed, as it increases your physical attributes, but whereas force jump is used to go upward, force speed is used to go along the ground. Now, let's end the training for today.

::Rebel looks down and sees that they are about 40 feet up::

Well I said there wouldn't be anymore moves for today, but seeing as we are high up I think I'll throw in one more. This next move is called controlled fall. It's basically falling down, but using the force to move you to something you can hold onto, like that branch down at the bottom. Now, don't be afraid. Jump off of this branch, and as you fall, call out to the force and use it to guide your hands to the branch down there. This move is more difficult than the others, so you may want to take more time to prepare. Now, watch me.

::Rebel jumps off of the branch, his tunic flailing about in the wind. He appears to be heading straight downward, but as he nears the ground he is pulled to the last branch, and grasps ahold of it, stopping his fall. He lets go and reaches the ground, looking upwards toward his padawan::

Ian Nottingham
Apr 21st, 2001, 03:35:09 AM
Hmmm.....Takes a few moments to clear his thoughts...He jumps.

He decends at a fast rate robes flowing in the wind...as he nears the branch he calls to the force and he is brought to the branch, grabbing onto it executing a flip and landing on the ground in a crouch.

Jedi Rebel X
Apr 21st, 2001, 03:37:19 AM
Very good. You have done well my padawan. Now, you may go and rest, tomorrow we will start training again.

::Rebel begins to walk off back towards GJO::

Ian Nottingham
Apr 22nd, 2001, 10:41:39 PM
Shall we continue now?

Jedi Rebel X
Apr 22nd, 2001, 11:10:24 PM
Yes we shall...

::Rebel walks into the same forest area the next day, only to find Ian sitting there already::

"Well...shall we begin?"

Ian Nottingham
Apr 22nd, 2001, 11:21:28 PM
If you wish

Jedi Rebel X
Apr 23rd, 2001, 12:55:19 AM
Alright...let's start with more of the basics.

::Rebel walks over to a log lying on the ground. He puts his hands under it and lifts it over his head. Dropping it to the ground, Rebel looks toward Ian::

"I was able to do that by using the force to enhance my strength. To do this you must clear your mind, and focus on the force. As with other moves you must concentrate hard, and believe that you can do it."

::Rebel pointed to a smaller log in the area::

"Now, try to pick that up, and don't worry about doing it really fast."

Ian Nottingham
Apr 23rd, 2001, 01:06:48 AM
Takes of robe revealing a rather small wife beater(umm..that is a type of undershirt) and a pair of sweats.

kneels down in front of log........hmmmm by appying both physical strength and that of the force I should be able to easily accomplish the task at hand. But as a challenge lets try minimal strength and more force use.

Trying something he had been thinking about earlier in the day Ian Cleared his thoughts with his eyes open and his body on full alert instead of closing his eyes and going into ta trance like state....after a few minutes of concentration Ian puts his arms under the log then begins to stand up....the log is very heavy and without using his full strength he begins to buckle under...but he calms himself and eases up slowly slides his hands to the ends of the log and heaves it above his head bending his knees slightly.

Jedi Rebel X
Apr 29th, 2001, 08:34:10 PM
::Watches Ian lift the log slowly, concentrating hard. After he heaved it above his head, Rebel watched as Ian set it down::

"Very good. Good use of the force to aid your strength. When using the force you must always be careful to know your limits. You were able to lift that log into the air, but what about a large one? You must always know how far you can go, keep that in mind. As you train more, you will be able to go farther. Now, for the final steps in the area of basic moves. This next way to use the force is force grip. It's basically just using the force to aid your grip on something, such as the handle of a saber. Now, you have to concentrate and clear your mind like all of the other moves you've learned. When you feel ready, grab a branch of the nearby tree, then concentrate on holding onto it, and feel the force. After this, throw it, using the force to aid you in this also. This will be a more challenging lesson, as you are using two moves at once. By combining both of these abilities, you should be able to throw the branch easier and farther then you have ever thrown anything before.

EDIT: TTT.

KUSINAGI
May 12th, 2001, 12:59:23 AM
I shall post soon I have been very busy with school and have not had a chance sorry for my dissapeerence.
-Ian Nottingham

Jedi Rebel X
Jun 4th, 2001, 01:38:46 AM
Don't worry, as you can see by my late post here I too am very busy with school. I'll be back more in about a week or two.