PDA

View Full Version : R2D2 The Jedi- Training

Liam Jinn
Jun 8th, 2001, 11:52:09 PM
Liam stood in a room with many windows. He waited patiently for his new padawan to arrive.

R2D2 the Jedi
Jun 11th, 2001, 12:19:06 AM
OOC: I didn't see this post.

IC:

*Walks into the room where Liam is waiting.*

I am ready...

Liam Jinn
Jun 11th, 2001, 01:44:54 AM
Liam looks at his new padawan arriving, and smiles

"Well, first tell me about yourself, your past etc. Then tell me how well you can use the force, if at all yet.."

R2D2 the Jedi
Jun 11th, 2001, 04:01:57 PM
As you can see I am human. I am 14. I was born on Coreuscant. My parents were big there. I left when i was quite young because I wished to learn the ways of the force and to become a Jedi. I had a Midiclorian count done not to long ago and it was fairly high. I can sense the force but not strongly. I hope to better understand and learn the ways of a Jedi. That's all you need to know for now...

Liam Jinn
Jun 11th, 2001, 04:15:29 PM
Liam smiles and nods.

"Ok then..Lets just jump straight into training.."

Liam grabs two poles and sets them on the ground about 20 feet away from his Padawan.

"Now, I want you to lift one of those poles and bring it to you. Just relax and calm yourself, try and feel the force flowing around you..Then just work with the force and call the pole to you."

Liam easily picks up a pole with the force and calls it to him. It lands gently in his hands and he nods at his padawan.

"You're turn."

R2D2 the Jedi
Jun 11th, 2001, 04:21:45 PM
*Takes deep breathes.* Ok. I'll try. *Relaxes his muscles and grows calm.* I can do this... *Feels the force slowly moving through him.* No problem...*Attempts to focus the force.* Calls the pole. *It slowly starts to rise and float steadily toward him.* *It comes to a rest in his outstretched hand.* I did it! Wow! Drained me though...

Liam Jinn
Jun 11th, 2001, 04:27:58 PM
"Only in your mind did it drain you. You must learn that with the force, the rules change...You can learn to draw energy, basically anything..But that was very good. Now I want you to bend the pole.."

Liam bends the metal pole easily, with the aid of the force.

"Same thing applies here, just use the force to enhance your strength, and tighten your grip...after you do that, it should easily bend for you.."

R2D2 the Jedi
Jun 11th, 2001, 04:32:16 PM
*Relaxes and becomes calm once again.*

*Feels his energy go back up.*

*Attempts to tighten grip.*

Arrgg!

*Tries harder. The pole bends a little and then falls to the ground with a loud clatter.*

Sorry...

Liam Jinn
Jun 11th, 2001, 04:37:01 PM
"That's ok, I didn't expect you to bend it the first time..you have to have patience...try it again, you'll get it eventually.."

R2D2 the Jedi
Jun 11th, 2001, 05:05:26 PM
*Tries again.*

*This time the pole slowly starts to bend and then it folds all the way. Tip to tip.*

I did it that time.

Liam Jinn
Jun 12th, 2001, 12:44:39 AM
"That is good. Now, unbend it with your hands, and try to throw it into that wall over there. Use the force to guide it into place and speed its velocity up. It should be planted in there quite firmly when you succeed."

R2D2 the Jedi
Jun 12th, 2001, 12:45:35 PM
Unbending it with my hands should be easy. I have a pretty good reputation on Coreuscant for my abnormal strength. *Picks up the bar and bends the bar back little difficulty.* That wasn't to hard. *Sets it down and starts to concentrate again.* ...no problem... *Takes a deep breathe. The pole rises up from the ground.* Now I have to push it forward. *Urges the pole to go forward and it does.* Faster! *It starts to pick up speed. And More speed.* [CRASH]

Liam Jinn
Jun 12th, 2001, 04:44:00 PM
Liam looks at the broken fountain and shakes his head.

"Ok, next time lets work on aiming it...How far do you think you can jump? Do you think you could make it to the top of this 25ft building?"

Liam plants his feet and bends down. He springs upwards and almost flies onto the roof. He lands and looks down at his padawan.

"Now, I'm sure you get the idea of what to do...if you don't start thinking about how to accomplish this..I'll wait.."

R2D2 the Jedi
Jun 12th, 2001, 09:00:00 PM
*Looks at Liam dumb founded.* What are you talking about? I'll try anyways. *Focues and then leaps as hard as he can.* Ouch! *Falls after rising 2 feet.* That hurt...!

Liam Jinn
Jun 13th, 2001, 12:38:30 AM
"You must learn how to do certain things on your own, I figured we'd start early in training, so you'd become more reliable on yourself. Now try to jump again, this time use the force to give you more spring and, just as you did with the pole use the force to push you upwards.."

R2D2 the Jedi
Jun 13th, 2001, 12:22:32 PM
Use the force more, of course! How could I be so stupid. *Gets in a crouching position ready to spring upwards.* Use the force... *Feels the force coursing through him.* UP! *Jumps up and flies toward the top of the building.* Woh! *Lands directly on the edge almost falling off.*

Liam Jinn
Jun 13th, 2001, 02:59:08 PM
"Now that you've jumped that far, jump back down and absorb the fall with the force, let it protect you.."

Liam Jinn
Jun 15th, 2001, 11:22:46 PM
OOC: re-do your post :)

R2D2 the Jedi
Jun 16th, 2001, 03:25:08 PM
*Looks at him strangly.* I attempted jumping from this height a few year ago... I regreted it very much when I hit the ground.

Liam Jinn
Jun 16th, 2001, 04:06:23 PM
"Let the force ease your fall and catch you."

R2D2 the Jedi
Jun 16th, 2001, 05:25:14 PM
OOC: Did it again.

This feels like I'm about to commit suicide. *Jumps off the building trying to use the force to ease his fall.* Ahhhh!!! It's not working. *Falls hard on the ground and lays there unconscious.*

Liam Jinn
Jun 17th, 2001, 12:01:38 AM
Liam shakes his head. He nudges his padawan a little and he wakes up.

"Your fear and disbelief caused you not to control that fall. Control! You must learn how to control the force!" Liam sighs deeply and the tone in his voice changes. He helps his padawan to his feet and looks at him. "...We will move on from this part of training until you learn how to control the force more. Now, do you have any experiance in fencing or swordplay?"

R2D2 the Jedi
Jun 18th, 2001, 05:46:41 PM
I am quite a good swordsmen. I've stuck a couple of nasty creatures a few times. I've got a sword here. *Leans over so he can see the sword on his back.* Cool huh? *pulls it out of it's scabbard and starts jabbing at the air.*

Liam Jinn
Jun 19th, 2001, 01:32:16 AM
"Well, then lets just see what you do know."

Liam walks over to a wall and grabs his Katana.

"Attack me, but stay calm. Let the force guide your motions and timing."

R2D2 the Jedi
Jun 19th, 2001, 12:48:03 PM
*Stands in a aready position with sword.* You asked for it. *Charges at him and arcs his sword over his head and brings it slashing down.*

Liam Jinn
Jun 19th, 2001, 08:08:19 PM
Liam brings his katana up to meet the attack. The swords clash and Liam pushes the swords to the right, leaving his padawans mid-section open. He kicks his padawan in the stomach and knocks him back a few feet.

"Try to avoid over-head slashes, one block and push to the side and your mid-section is completely open."

R2D2 the Jedi
Jun 19th, 2001, 09:39:05 PM
I didn't think you were that fast. *Regains stance.* Try this on for size. *Swipes at Liam from the right.*

Liam Jinn
Jun 20th, 2001, 12:20:17 AM
Liam brings his sword to meet his padawans while grabbing R2's wrist with his free hand.

"Better, but you must remember that if you're going to fight with any type of swords, be it lightsabers or what not, you have you to be light on your feet and sneak in some punches, kicks, sweeps, and such. You can also try to cause any distractions with the force to gain the upper hand.."

Liam releases his padawans wrist.

"Now, how do you think your blocking skills are? Use the force to anticipate what your opponent's next move, let it guide you."

R2D2 the Jedi
Jun 20th, 2001, 11:08:24 AM
Find out for yourself. Attack me!

Liam Jinn
Jun 20th, 2001, 11:15:15 AM
Liam dashes foward and flips over R2D2. When he lands he spins around quickly and slashes at R2's neck

OOC: Since you're starting out, I'll attack maybe once or twice, not bothering to finish the move. Later on it'll get more tough.

R2D2 the Jedi
Jun 20th, 2001, 12:06:10 PM
*Ducks down and spins around avoiding the sword.* I saw that one coming.

Liam Jinn
Jun 20th, 2001, 12:09:21 PM
"Good"

Liam thrusts foward before R2D2 can move and the tip of his blade touches lightly against his stomach.

R2D2 the Jedi
Jun 20th, 2001, 01:06:23 PM
If you did that, you would have a mess to clean up. *Knocks the sword out of the way and jabs back at him.*

Liam Jinn
Jun 21st, 2001, 01:14:09 PM
Liam spins to his left to avoid the jab, then raises his blade and holds it against R2D2's left arm. R2 knocks Liam's blade away and Liam drops to the ground and sweeps his padawans feet out from under him.

"Swords are no different than lightsabers, except if the blade on a lightsaber touches you, you'll feel it. Swords leave nice clean cuts that bleed, but lightsabers leave a nice Gash that doesn't bleed much. Now, would you like to try lightsabers?" :)

R2D2 the Jedi
Jun 22nd, 2001, 05:42:20 PM
*Stands up.* Uhhh...sure. Could we set the beam to the lowest setting. So if it goes through it won't do anything.

Liam Jinn
Jun 22nd, 2001, 11:53:49 PM
"We could, but it just harmlessly passing through you, that's just fantasy. You can make it less dense but if it touches you you're still going to feel it. Finish your spar with the other guy then just report back here when you're done, ok?"

R2D2 the Jedi
Jun 23rd, 2001, 02:48:24 PM
Uhhh...done! I don't have a lightsaber though...

Liam Jinn
Jun 24th, 2001, 03:08:21 AM
Liam laughed at his padawan and went into a storage locker. He came back out and handed him a lightsaber.

"There ya go. I'm pretty sure that's a grey bladed one. Just don't go and chop your arms off." :)

R2D2 the Jedi
Jun 24th, 2001, 12:31:36 PM
*Scoffs* It looks like it's 50 years old... *Opens the light-saber and the beam rushes out.* Cool though. *Twirls it around and performing moves on an invisible opponent.* I guess it's not to much different from a sword.

Liam Jinn
Jun 25th, 2001, 12:04:09 AM
"Remember not to cut off your arm." :)

R2D2 the Jedi
Jun 25th, 2001, 11:12:04 AM
...I don't think that will be a problem. It's just like a sword except it's a lot lighter. My sword weighs near 10 lbs.