PDA

View Full Version : waini -Training

Liam Jinn
Jun 6th, 2001, 11:16:02 AM
Liam Jinn sat down next to a wall waiting for the padawan to show

waini
Jun 6th, 2001, 04:17:45 PM
*Waini walks over to his new master*
I am ready, Master. What do you wish of me?

Liam Jinn
Jun 6th, 2001, 11:21:46 PM
First of all, call me Liam...after you've got that task down, tell me about yourself..

OOC: Do you have AIM or any other messenger service?

waini
Jun 7th, 2001, 03:08:08 PM
Sorry, Mast.... i mean Liam

About myself?.. hmm, lets see. I was raised on the planet Vagran by my parents. My father was a
low-ranking officer in the Imperial army before the Death Star blew up, so i grew up with a lot of
order. He was on one of the Star Destroyers protecting the Death Star, though that information was classified. My father always bore a hidden resentment that I didn't share his views. He was very loyal, i'll give him that, but i just don't beieve total control over people is right. Some of my friends were(and still are) rebel pilots. I always hoped i'd meet a Jedi, like my great grandfather in the clone wars. Becoming a Jedi is more then I ever dreamed. Now i hope to live up to that dream.

OOC: if you own STAR WARS:REBELLION, vagran is a planet in that. My aol IM screen name is MattS2090 and my e-mail is Mswasey@nycap.rr.com

Liam Jinn
Jun 8th, 2001, 12:00:57 AM
Ahh, the Empire...I was raised by the Empire myself but we'll get into that later. Hmm, let me ask you some more questions before we start.

Why is it you want to be a jedi so badly? And, will you train hard and devote yourself to the jedi?

waini
Jun 8th, 2001, 11:29:56 PM
As long as i remember, i've been fascinated with stories and vids of wizards, jedi, esp, and
the like. I believe in a higher power that holds everything in its place, and the Force is just that.
Like i said, its always been my dream. I am going to make that dream come true, and i promise
you i will not deviate from my goal. EVER.

Liam Jinn
Jun 8th, 2001, 11:50:18 PM
Ok then, I'm satisfied enough. :) Now, show me what you know how to do with the force so far.

waini
Jun 9th, 2001, 03:26:30 PM
I'm afraid i know next to nothing. As soon as i learned i was able t be a jedi i flew here and i was assigned to you right away, so i did not have time to attend any classes. All i know is my basic, rudimentary attempts at feeling the force i tried while in hyper space, and those didn't go to well.

Liam Jinn
Jun 10th, 2001, 12:58:59 AM
Hmm, well I guess we start at the begining then...how well can you feel the force? I mean, can you tell it is there most of the times?

waini
Jun 10th, 2001, 11:25:40 AM
Yes, i can feel it alot of the time, mostly when i'm preoccupied. I can concentrate on it until i can
feel it, but it's easier if I just kindof notice it's there and slip into it.

Liam Jinn
Jun 10th, 2001, 03:34:24 PM
Liam nods. He motions for his padawan to follow him. They walk out of the room and into a beautiful garden.

What do you feel here?

waini
Jun 10th, 2001, 05:44:58 PM
*Waini lokks at the ground then closes his eyes. after a couple seconds he speaks*

I feel .... life. Growth and potential.

*Waini then streches his senses as he had before, pushing just a little farther then he
could before. With his eyes still closed he points to a lone tree about 75 feet away*

Except there. That feels as if i cannot touch it. I think thats about as far as i can go now.

*Waini opens an amazed eye towards Liam.*

Wow. I've never done that next to a jedi before. the concentration of the force is incredible
around you. I can slightly feel it without concentrating on the force now that i saw it.

Liam Jinn
Jun 10th, 2001, 11:08:48 PM
Liam smiles at his padawan.

"Ok, now, I want you to..change anything out here by using the force. Try lifting a rock first..Just concentrate and let it flow through you, focus on an object and do what you can."

Liam demonstrates by lifting a single rock, then looks back at his padawan.

waini
Jun 11th, 2001, 06:30:56 PM
* Waini takes a deep breath and concentrates. It takes him a little longer then before, but he
finally becomes in tune with the force. He then seeks to focuse his perception, untill he can distinguish
between induviduall pebbles. Whe he has done this he sends out a wave of the force, as he visualized it to scoop up the rock. At first nothing happens, the the rocky raises very slowly and unsteadily. after it get to about 3 feet high, he levels it out, suspending it there. He breifly notices his is slightly sweating, but that is the farthest thing from his mind. Still, the rock wobbles a bit so he stuggles to hold it still again while he speaks*

"Like this?"

OOC: how do you do italics

waini
Jun 11th, 2001, 08:13:24 PM
* the rock falls. Waini looks charinged. *

"opps. sorry"

*waini concentrates on the rock again, and this time more steadily rises
it and sets it back into its proper place.*

Liam Jinn
Jun 12th, 2001, 12:41:50 AM
OOC: you do em like this.. [ i ] something [ / i ]...without the spaces..

IC: "Very good, but you must learn control..Think of the force as an arm, when picking things up. Soon you will learn that it does not take much out of you. Now, try and bring the rock towards you, take your time, I know you can do this..."

waini
Jun 12th, 2001, 03:11:46 PM
Waini picks the same roc out, becoming almost familiar with its force signature. He then crafts a mental hand in his head, using the force to project that hand onto the rock, comforming to the groves. when that is done he floats the rock up at at him setting it 2 inches his head, keeping the hand there to keep the rock above him. Laim is right. The mental projecting is hard, but using the force to bring it is easier this time. he can even talk while using the force!

"That WAS easier. i guess i have a hard time thinking of the force as a projection of me. Next time i'll try thinking of the force as my arm, not an imaginary one. Is that what you ment?"

Liam Jinn
Jun 12th, 2001, 04:37:54 PM
"Yes, that is exactly what I meant"

Liam picks up 2 poles and hands one to his padawan.

"Now bend this pole. Use the force to strengthen your grip, and to enhance your strength. Let it flow through you and then you will see what it can do for you..."

Liam easily bends the pole in his hand and smiles

"Now you try.."

waini
Jun 12th, 2001, 09:56:00 PM
waini firmly grasps the pole on both ends and spreads his feet apart

"ok. here goes"

Waini then concentrates on his arms, finding the force aroud him. meanwhile, the rock drops on his head. Waini flinches and frowns, but is not TOTAlly distracted. he tries to drow the force around his arms and fingers like a cloak, but gets very little results. The pole only quivers. Then Waini remembers what liam had told him. he uses the force in his arm to merge with him, and bolster his strengh, but feels nothing different. he is about to feel dismayed when he looks and sees the pole is bent

"That IS easier! thank you, i'll have to remember that."

Liam Jinn
Jun 13th, 2001, 12:40:03 AM
"Good. Now, throw the pole. Throw it using the force, help guide it to where ever you want it to go. You'll be amazed to see how far you can throw it."

waini
Jun 13th, 2001, 05:37:11 PM
Wiani does the same as before, strengthening his arm whith the force. He also concetrates on the pole, shaping the tip to be more areodynimic (he was an expert at physics) he then heaves the bar with all the might he can muster. to late he remembers it is shaped like the acient weapon, the boomerang. The pole travels about the normal range of a boomerang, 40 feet, and whips back, all in less then a second.

"duck!"

Waini dives to the ground

Liam Jinn
Jun 14th, 2001, 02:09:03 AM
Liam stretches his arm out and it pole make another turn and lands in his hand gently.

"Try that again, but put more control into the throw. Use the force to guide it back into your hands as I did, but make sure on its return, you slow it down." :)

waini
Jun 14th, 2001, 12:14:59 PM
Waini does the same as before, but keeps concentrating on the pole as it swivels back, he urges it to slow down. it does... barely. More urgently, he urges it agains, and it slows down even more. he opens a path for the boomerang in the force, landing in his open hand... but still fast enough to leave his hand red.

"oww. yes, i see control is needed."

he looks at his hand

"very needed"

Liam Jinn
Jun 14th, 2001, 04:27:08 PM
"Fast learner"

Liam looks around and then looks up at the roof, 20ft above him. He bends down and then springs upwards. He cuts through the air before his feet hit the roof gently and he looks down at his padawan.

"Do what I did, remember that you need to use the force for control and spring. I'll be waiting"

waini
Jun 14th, 2001, 06:29:38 PM
" thank you. my teachers (at home) said that too"

this time Waini strenghens his legs and sets a "ceiling" of the force about 9 feet aove the building. he springs up wards toward the roof top... and passes it, but not to worry the cieling he set will catch him... adn it does, lifting slightly with him like a rubber surface.... and pushing him flat against the rooftop, knocking the wind from him. he groans

breathlessly he says "maybe a different type of control. i'll have to try that again" :p

Liam Jinn
Jun 15th, 2001, 12:36:23 AM
Liam helps his padawan up and smiles.

"Yeah, maybe...now, jump back to the ground and slow your descent with the force."

waini
Jun 15th, 2001, 12:16:25 PM
Waini ponders for a moment then comes up with a great idea, he puts the same elastic like waal of force about 3 feet above the ground. he then jumps, slowing himself down but not quite enough. he then lands onto the force wall and it bends, as before, but he dissapates when he is about 6 inches from the ground. He than absorbs the 6 inch drop normally. It might have looked weird to bystanders, but at least he isn't hurt

"say, that was fun. what next?"

Liam Jinn
Jun 15th, 2001, 04:06:23 PM
Liam jumps down and hits the ground, absorbing the hit. He smiles at his padawan and walks over to him.

"Show me how fast you can run...using the force of course" :)

waini
Jun 18th, 2001, 03:33:32 PM
ooc: sorry i've been a while. finals and relatives took up my time

waini starts to jog, enhancing his muscles with the force. He then enhances his heart and lungs to meet his legs growing internal demands. pushed to his limit phsically, he accelerates faster. and faster. most of the wind he diverts, but it still beats at him. he goes to yell but only hears the end himself before he passes it. Now this is fun. belatedly he realizes he's a little far away from his master, liam. he whips around and heads back to his lessons.

Liam Jinn
Jun 19th, 2001, 01:39:08 AM
As soon as Waini gets close enough to Liam, he freezes, unable to move and is lifted off the ground.

"Now, I did that because I didn't want you to keep running into a wall. That would've gotten messy."

Liam releases his grip slowly on the padawan, with the force. His feet touch the ground lightly and Liam smiles.

"Ok, now...Do you know anything about swordplay or fencing?"

OOC: It's ok, I know how that is. Glad to see you back :)

waini
Jun 19th, 2001, 11:47:21 AM
"thanks for stopping me."

waini looks sheepish

" sadly, i know about as much as a jawa about swordplay. i just used a blaster rifle my dad brought home a couple times on a target, and thats my combat experience('cept streetfighting, but thats just for fun). oops, sorry for droning on" :p

Liam Jinn
Jun 19th, 2001, 08:10:11 PM
"Well, grab a sword over there from a wall and we'll work on it." :)

waini
Jun 20th, 2001, 10:39:28 AM
"cool!'

Waini turns toward the wll with the swords, quickly looking them over. He deciedes to take a smaller sword rather than a large one, thinking it will be easier to weild. He grips the swords handle in his right hand and walks back to liam.

Liam Jinn
Jun 20th, 2001, 11:02:12 AM
Liam takes out his Katana and unshealths it.

"Now, I want you to attack me but stay calm and let the force guide your motions. Be quick and make sure you realise the side effects of your attack. Now, attack me."

waini
Jun 20th, 2001, 11:39:03 AM
"ohh, nice sword!"

even as Waini says that, he is in motion, swinging his sword from the right towards Liams midriff, but then curving down to his thigh. He sidesteps to do this, now being more to the side of liam than in front of him but slightly off balance.

Liam Jinn
Jun 20th, 2001, 12:13:42 PM
Liam brings his Katana down to his left and blocks Waini's attack.

"Use some enhanced strength and/or speed when attacking. Also make fake attacks to get your opponent offgaurd for the real attack"

waini
Jun 21st, 2001, 11:56:10 AM
waini jumps to the left and yells as he swings to Liams left side, than quickly changes his swing, cutting down and up for an upper cut

OOC: is this ok for a "signature"?

Liam Jinn
Jun 21st, 2001, 01:22:18 PM
Liam rolls out of the way, sweeping Waini to the ground when he lands

"That was better. Do you have a lightsaber yet?"

OOC: I guess it'd be fine for a sig if I could see it :)

waini
Jun 21st, 2001, 02:31:02 PM
" i inherited one from my great grandfather. It's called the paladin and has a long green blade. It was with the other things he left behind for me. It sounded like he knew they would come to me, because he wrote a note in their to."

OOC: if you can see it now the lightsaber is at the bottm.

Liam Jinn
Jun 21st, 2001, 03:54:18 PM
"Well, have you tried sparring with any of the other padawans? Go and spar with a padawan, use whatever force moves you can during it then come back here"

OOC: All I can see is a red X with the word 'Waini' Next to it.

waini
Jun 21st, 2001, 11:45:04 PM
"ok"

waini walks away in search of fellow padawan

OOC: last try
http://www.geocities.com/matthewmasaki/WAINI.jpg
http:// http://www.geocities.com/matthewmasaki/WAINI.jpg

Liam Jinn
Jun 22nd, 2001, 02:40:29 AM
OOC: eh, if you want, you can e-mail me that image or whatever and I'll upload it on my account at brinkster. Liam_Jinn@hotmail.com is my addy, if not eh, hope you get it to work :)

waini
Jul 1st, 2001, 11:58:48 PM
OOC: thanks! it works now, as you can see.