PDA

View Full Version : Padawan Academy: Basic Forces Moves

Kikran Akard
Jul 1st, 2001, 05:46:01 PM
Since Warren is going to be gone for some RL events, I will take over the class. Now, instead of going into that giant of a thread that Warren started, I decided to begin a new one. Where are we?

Shade Magus
Jul 1st, 2001, 10:54:50 PM
"We just got done learing to pull stones towards us."

Kikran Akard
Jul 1st, 2001, 11:27:42 PM
Ok, I will wait for a couple others to check in then we'll start.

Shade Magus
Jul 1st, 2001, 11:31:29 PM
"Aaaaaaaaaaaalrighty then."

Sequel Horn
Jul 2nd, 2001, 07:53:06 PM
Sequel walked in.

"I hope I'm not late." He spoke softly.

Christian Lightheart
Jul 2nd, 2001, 08:45:25 PM
*Christian sat Indian style on the grassy ground, wearing his blue fighting shirt and loose-fitting white long shorts. He nodded as Shade told Kikran where they had left off.

Lightheart glanced up at his new master, Kikran Akard. His third master since joining the Jedi. Hopefully he can learn more under him.*

Fae DuFrene
Jul 4th, 2001, 11:17:41 AM
:: Fae nodded to Rebel as she walked in and took a seat next to Sequel. ::

Liam Jinn
Jul 5th, 2001, 04:49:02 AM
"I'm guessing these classes move rather slowly..."

Liam shook his head.

"At least you padawans will learn something quick: patience."

Kikran Akard
Jul 5th, 2001, 06:08:25 PM
Ahh Liam, you should come teach as well.....it would be fun.

Liam Jinn
Jul 6th, 2001, 01:14:53 PM
"Yeah, I'm sure it would. I'll step in whenever I feel something needs to be taught that you're not teaching already.."

Kikran Akard
Jul 9th, 2001, 07:55:54 PM
Bah to you.......but come in whenever you feel like it.

IC:
::Looks towards the couple padawans that are there::

"Well, let's get started....I'm tired of waiting. I'm Kikran, and I'll be your instructor for today, would you mind telling me your names?"

Sequel Horn
Jul 9th, 2001, 09:21:24 PM
Sequel stood up and bowed to the teacher.

"I am Sequel Horn."

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Jul 9th, 2001, 11:34:01 PM
::Walks by and smiles at Kikran as she passes by::

OOC: Reb..thanks for doing this..really. I am so far behind and sigh I need serious help. Thanks :)

Shade Magus
Jul 10th, 2001, 01:50:14 AM
"I am Shade Magus."

Liam Jinn
Jul 10th, 2001, 10:47:46 AM
"Anyone else comming? If not we might as well start.."

Christian Lightheart
Jul 11th, 2001, 01:39:19 PM
I'm Christian Lightheart...

Sequel Horn
Jul 13th, 2001, 02:27:19 PM
"I believe that this is everyone."

Kikran Akard
Jul 13th, 2001, 06:22:39 PM
Ok then, Shade, Sequel, and Christian....looks like you're the only ones this time.

::Kikran moved to the front of the class and looked over the padawans::

"I believe Warren finished the basic lesson of using the force to lift and bring objects to you. Today, we will learn some new things, and refurnish those as well. Let's begin with how to use the force to increase your physical attributes."

::Before the padawans can register the event, Kikran is across the area, sitting on a tree branch. As they finally see him, he jumps down::

"That, is using the force to increase your speed. It's a basic move, and it's used a lot. To do this move, you must reach out into the force, and collect the energy into your body. Let it flow through you, and directly connect to it. Then, think of being somewhere else around the area, imagine yourself moving at incredible speeds. As you do this, bring the energy in further, and then go. Don't try to do something big, or you could end up hurting yourself....start out small."

Shade Magus
Jul 13th, 2001, 07:16:37 PM
::Shade listened to the teachers words before setting out to preform the difficult task. He stood up and concentrated, letting the energy flow inot him. He had used this move only out of desperation and he had never been able to control his actions durin that time. He decided to go small as the teacher had said and he imagined himself beside it and then he let it all go. When he reopened his eyes he was surprised to see that he had actually moved to the tree. It wasn't that far from where he had been standing but the fact that he did it within the blink of an eye was incredible. Man this is gonna come in handy when i get it down pasked, he thought to himself as he prepared to do it again. He practiced it until he was able to move a distance of about 100 yards with ease::

"I think i am finally getting the hang of this."

Gurney Devries
Jul 15th, 2001, 11:38:39 AM
"So how does one go about learning to do these things?"

The hoarse voice grated across the room, demanding attention. A few heads turned to see the reclusive man, standing apart from the crowd. Several sets of eyes went wide in surprise, as not a single person had seen Gurney actually enter the room. Surely he must've, for there he stood. Yet... he did so with such stealth and silence that it was hard to believe he moved at all. What was perhaps more disturbing was the fact that he seemed to do it with a casual, almost unintentional grace.

"A'ight, stop yer gawking and speak up already. Can I join in on this, or is it something exlcusive?"

Kikran Akard
Jul 15th, 2001, 03:47:24 PM
::Kikran looked towards the new recruit::

"Be my guest...we're here to help everyone learn."

Gurney Devries
Jul 15th, 2001, 03:52:07 PM
"Interesting" he said, rubbing the light stubble under his chin. "So where do I start?"

Kikran Akard
Jul 15th, 2001, 03:55:33 PM
"Well, we just began. We're currently in the middle of learning how to use the force to aid your speed."

Gurney Devries
Jul 15th, 2001, 04:06:55 PM
He chuckled at that.

"Ol' Gurney has never been very fast on his feet, but I'll give it a shot. Just tell me what to do."

Kikran Akard
Jul 15th, 2001, 05:15:34 PM
"To do this move, you must reach out into the force, and collect the energy into your body. Let it flow through you, and directly connect to it. Then, think of being somewhere else around the area, imagine yourself moving at incredible speeds. As you do this, bring the energy in further, and then go. Don't try to do something big, or you could end up hurting yourself....start out small."

Gurney Devries
Jul 15th, 2001, 05:32:06 PM
The padawan grimaced at the thought: Apparently, he was expected to have some knowledge of this "Force" beforehand. Ah, might as well give it a shot. Gurney closed his eyes (not that anyone could tell they were open, so concealed by his hood) and attempted to concentrate. He imagined streams of energy flowing through him, charging him with the ability to do great things. He pictured himself traveling across the room in the blink of an eye.

Hey, I think this is actually working, he thought to himself.

A self satisfied smile on his face, Gurney opened his eyes... only to see that he hadn't moved an inch. Embarassment washed over him, and a lingering sense of failure crept it's way into his mind.

"Er... 'fraid I can't quite figure that one out, Mr. Akard. I don't know a whole lot about this Force jazz. P'raps we could start there instead?"

Kikran Akard
Jul 15th, 2001, 05:49:29 PM
::He could sense the man's slight embarrassment::

"Don't worry, you shouldn't be embarrassed at all, everyone's learning here, no one's a master, and you've just arrived. How about I work with you on the things you want, as the class keeps practicing the speed lesson."

::Kikran moved to another side of the room::

"Now, where would you like to begin?"

Gurney Devries
Jul 15th, 2001, 05:53:38 PM
"I think one of the first lessons I was tought as a child was that it's always best to start at the begining. Tell me about the Force, and how I can get in touch with it."

Kikran Akard
Jul 15th, 2001, 06:00:31 PM
"Well, to use the force you have to first feel it, and know what it is. The force is the energy that comes from every living thing, its all around us. So, try this....close your eyes, and reach out to the energy around you...feel the waves eminating off of me, the class, and everything else. Once you've done that, *kicks a pebble over by Gurney* try to call out to it, and ask it to lift that pebble. Be sure to concentrate, and it should come to you."

Gurney Devries
Jul 15th, 2001, 06:21:02 PM
An energy... that surrounds all living things. Right. The not-so-young padawan closed his eyes, trying to reach out with his feelings. He found that himself distracted by stray thoughts, memories of things past, and so he tried to block them out. In his mind's eye, he envisioned a black square set upon a white background. Featureless, without edge or corner. And when it was in place, nothing else remained.Now, he would try to call out to the Force, make it listen to hi-

He felt it. A tingling, a strange sensation that washed over him. This had to be it. He had never felt anything like this in life. At least, not nearly so strongly. He stood there for several heartbeats, considering how to best proceed. Should he command the Force to bring the stone to him? Or perhaps ask it to? Yes, the latter option seemed to be the right one. With infinite calm, he asked for the stone to move closer to him. He left his request purposefully ambiguous, hoping for the best. Well, that was it. Gurney opened his eyes, looking down at where the stone was. He felt a sort of elation to see that it was gone from it's resting place! A quick scan and he saw that it now hovered at about knee-height, slowly spinning in mid-air. Within the span of a few breaths, the pebble settled back on the ground, the moment passed.

"Did I... do that?" Gurney whispered.

Kikran Akard
Jul 15th, 2001, 06:27:12 PM
OOC: Double post.

Kikran Akard
Jul 15th, 2001, 06:27:17 PM
::Kikran watched with happiness::

"Very well done, Gurney. Now that you've made it float, open your hand and try to call it over."

Gurney Devries
Jul 15th, 2001, 06:35:00 PM
With a silent nod, Gurney closed his eyes once more. Again, he envision the featureless black box in his mind. He wasn't sure how or why he chose that image, just that it was a focusing technique he had used ever since he was very little.

He found it much easier to touch the Force this time, taking only a few moments for the tingling sensation to come over him. His arm reached out then, unbidden, with an outstretched palm. Gurney felt almost as if he was in a trance, free of control. Within just seconds, he could feel the cool surface of the stone settle in his hand.

Kikran Akard
Jul 15th, 2001, 06:42:35 PM
::Watched the event and waited to see the padawan's reaction::

Gurney Devries
Jul 15th, 2001, 06:47:10 PM
Groggily, like a man waking from a slumber, Gurney opened his eyes. His hand involuntarily tightened around the stone, and he took a deep breath. A self-satisfied smile creased his features, and he held the stone out for Kikran to see.

"P'raps we could try that speed thing again, eh?"

Kikran Akard
Jul 15th, 2001, 06:52:06 PM
"Very well, just remember...start out small."

Gurney Devries
Jul 15th, 2001, 07:34:31 PM
Muttering, Gurney repeated the adage to himself.

"Start out small... right."

He tried to recall Kikran's instructions on how to... well, just what was it he was supposed to do? Move fast? It seemed kind of silly, but he'd give it a try.

"I'm, uh... going to try and start a normal run. Is that ok?"

No sooner than the Jedi Knight had nodded his approval did Gurney take off, sprinting as fast as he could. Gurney moved relatively fast for his age and size, but he knew that it was nowhere near the speed he needed. His body was still tingling from the sensation of having touched the Force, and he called on it again to aide him.

Faster, he thought. I need to move faster.

And he could feel it happening: his legs began to pick up their pace, pushing harder and harder. He could tell now that everything was moving past him with an increased alacrity. The things he passed up were just beginning to blur... but he was spent.

Gurney had to catch himself to keep from tumbling over as his legs gave out. His breathing was ragged and quick, and he had to double over to stand upright. His hood had become flung back in the short jog and he needed a few moments before he could bring himself to pull it back over his head. He kept his head lowered towards the floor, trying to avoid eye contact with anyone in the room.

Kikran Akard
Jul 15th, 2001, 08:50:05 PM
::Kikran appeared next to Gurney within a few seconds::

"Good job, it appears you did quite well," he said as he saw the distance they had gone.

Gurney Devries
Jul 15th, 2001, 08:56:07 PM
Still breathing heavily, Gurney spared a moment to pull his hood back over his face. He looked up at the other Jedi once more, licking his parched lips before he spoke.

"If it's all the same to you, I think that'll be quite enough for today. I couldn't possibly go on."

Kikran Akard
Jul 15th, 2001, 09:09:56 PM
"Sure, let me know when you want to start again."

Sequel Horn
Jul 20th, 2001, 12:09:38 PM
Sequel absorbed the force and than released it as he burst into a run. He smiled it felt amazing to actually be able to touch the force like this. He turned and came back.

Gurney Devries
Jul 20th, 2001, 10:31:22 PM
Having sat off to the sides for several hours now, the padawan stood and stretched his legs, which had begun to go numb. Although it would be impossible tell from his well-hidden face, Gurney had been intently meditating; Running through his mind possible ways to proceed. Sparing a couple of seconds to finish stretching, he walked back over to Kikran Akard.

"Sir, I'd like to continue now. I was hoping that you could perhaps teach me something more... subtle. Parlor tricks and physical exertion hardly seem a good place to start."

Kikran Akard
Jul 23rd, 2001, 01:13:34 AM
::Watched the rest of the class continue then turned to Gurney::

"Sure, what would you like to work on?"