PDA

View Full Version : Any fellow padawans want to spar?

waini
Jun 21st, 2001, 11:40:59 PM
padawn Waini slowly extends the light saber PALADIN, a gift from his late greate grandfather and relic from the clone wars. he feels in tune with it, feels his great grandfather's spirit inside of him. He is ready to spar.

Christian Lightheart
Jun 22nd, 2001, 12:14:47 AM
*Christian Lightheart stood quietly at the door of the sparring room, clad in his blue shirt and white fighting pants. He walked into the room which held waini, and unclipped his saber hilt from his utility belt.*

I would like to spar with you, if you don't mind...

*His voice was calm and almost tentative, unsure of his own abilities. Sure his dad had taught him basic fighting skills with a saber, but he has yet to learn any saber skills here during his training. Lightheart pressed the power button on the hilt, allowing the light-pale blue blade to power up and extend.

He brought his weapon up in a defesnive stance, reaching out to the Force, trying to allow it to flow through him.*

Mind if you go first?

waini
Jun 22nd, 2001, 12:32:26 AM
"not at all"

waini ignites his saber, feeling a refreshing calm come over him. His body suddenly leaps, as if it knows what to do on it's own. He flicks the light saber towards Christians head from the left, but proves that only to be a faint when he turns the light saber upwards to his mid riff in an uppercut

http://www.geocities.com/matthewmasaki/WAINI.jpg

Liam Jinn
Jun 22nd, 2001, 02:44:00 AM
Liam walks in and leans against a wall, watching lightheart and his padawan spar.

Christian Lightheart
Jun 22nd, 2001, 10:56:26 AM
*Lightheart instinctively took a few steps back, bringing his saber up to block the swipe to the left side of his head. Yet, the padawan sensed something, then quickly brought his saber back down, just in time to block the saber of waini. The two blades met with spark and crackling.

Christian pushed off, forcing the short stalemate to be broken and sending waini back a few steps. He got a better hold of his saber hilt, and letting the Force run through his body, he felt the saber become an extension of his arm, just as his father told him to do when he was teaching Lightheart the basics of saber fighting. He moved his right arm (which held his saber) and swung it in a horizontal fashion at waini's left arm.*

waini
Jun 22nd, 2001, 11:10:24 PM
Waini regains his balance, bringing his Saber up to meet Lightheart's, his hands and grip above the powerful saber, which is pointing down. As the sabers meets Waini lets out an feirce yell and sweeps his left foot towards lighthearts, hoping he will be too distracted too see it.

OOC: did you see two profiles on my last post, 1, or none? i'm trying to get it to work but i've had bad luck

Christian Lightheart
Jun 23rd, 2001, 01:56:46 PM
OOC: The first post by you I see one red X, the second post, I see 2 red x's, the last post by you I see one red x again. If you are hosting those images from Geocities, they won't allow you to have them in anything else, including Sigs, personal pics or even if you are just posting the picture for the heck of it. Try hosting your images at www.brinkster.com (http://www.brinkster.com)

IC:

*As Lightheart pushed off once again against Waini's blade, his feet were swiped from under him, causing the padawan to fall on his back. He landed with a small "thwack", his feet and legs soon following the rest of his body in hitting the floor.

Taking a second to catch his breath, Christian spun himself on the floor, catching Waini's lower legs in the proccess. He sweept the padawan to the floor, deflecting the stray lightsaber blade with his own. Lightheart quickly jumped up to his feet and took a few steps back, awaiting Waini to get back up.*

waini
Jun 23rd, 2001, 10:09:20 PM
OOC: thans, thats what i was doing but i'm using a diif comp now so it'll be a week before i do it.

IC: Waini gets up, shaking his head at himself for falling prey to his own trick. he then motins for Light heart to aatack him

"your turn."

Christian Lightheart
Jun 23rd, 2001, 11:12:11 PM
*Christian nodded his head, his white bangs falling forward covering his eyes. He blew the stray hairs out of the way and kept his focus on Waini. He began to sidestep, circling around the other padawan slowly.

With his saber in hand, Lightheart advanced quickly. He swung his light blue blade at the head of Waini, but stopped the forward motion as the other brought his blade up to intercept, only meeting air. Christian's motion reversed as he spun around and attacked from the other side with his saber.*

edit... I can't believe i wrote out the wrong name for my own character. *smacks head*

waini
Jun 24th, 2001, 04:45:11 PM
waini dashed forward, bringing his light saber up to the side to offer slight protection as he rams his shoulder into Lightheart. Crude, but it works. lightsabers are un gainly that close, and Waini knows all about close hand fighting.

Christian Lightheart
Jun 27th, 2001, 01:51:55 PM
*Lightheart stumbled back a bit, some of the air in his system driven out as Waini collided with him. As he fell back, struggling ot keep his footing, Waini fell with him, his own momentum still driving into Christian.

Lightheart managed to keep his footing and stood, yet giving way as Waini finished his shove. The two combatant's lightsabers were locked, Lightheart made sure of that in order to prevent any limbs from being sliced off. The padawan pushed off with his own lightblue saber. With this slight destraction, Lightheart quickly jerked the hilt of his saber down and to the side, connecting with Waini's skull. He fell backwards hoilding his head, as Lightheart took a few steps back, regaining his lost breath.*

waini
Jun 29th, 2001, 11:24:11 PM
OOC: if this doesn't work for my sig, i quit on it

IC: Waini takes a moment to apperantly take a breather, but he really lifts a rock behind lighthearts view a slams it into him. As Lightheart is pushed forward Waini spins and does a high, arcing slash to raise ighthearts defenses while letting a round house fly towards Lightheart's *ahem* delicate parts. He'll be singing soprano for a week.

Christian Lightheart
Jul 1st, 2001, 02:10:11 PM
*Wincing in pain, Lightheart dropped to his knees. The rock to his back, added with the low blow sent ripples of unwanted pain throughout his body. He closed his eyes and took in air, reaching out through the Force, calming himself, trying to drown out the pain. He could still feel the throbbing, but it weakened. Christian slowly stood, taking a few steps back.

Allowing the Force to flow through him, Lightheart ran at Waini. As he went to swing his saber, Lightheart planeted his front foot and used it to propel himself into the air. Christian's lightblue blade slashed out, blocking Waini's blade. The white-haired padawan flipped over Waini and landed firmly behind the other back to back. Lightheart threw his right leg out behind him, kicking Waini's lower back sending him stumbling forwards. Quickly, Lightheart dropped to the floor and preforemed another sweep kick, knocking Waini's feet from under him.*

ooc: Sig look sgood.

waini
Jul 1st, 2001, 11:27:43 PM
OOC: thnx

IC: Waini catches his fall with his hands, using the force flowing within him to streghen his arms, and pushes back onto his feet while turning to face his talented opponent. Those street rumbles taught Waini well. While his opponent is standing up from his sweep Waini flashes his lightsaber down upon lighthearts and kicks upward while he lands, catching Lighthearts chest. Unused to weilding a weapon, though Waini stumbles backward to regain his balance

Christian Lightheart
Jul 2nd, 2001, 08:40:21 PM
*Lightheart as stumbled back as well, doubled over at his waist. His left arm instinctively shot down to help protect his torse while in this position; his lightsaber falling to the floor five feet away fom the two, disengaging.

Christian took in some air, replentishing the lost oxygen in his system. He straightened out, sweat dripping from his brow. The young padawan brushed his matted white hair off to the side.*

Shall we try hand to hand with no weapons?

waini
Jul 3rd, 2001, 10:47:40 AM
Waini wlks over and shuts of his light saber setting it down near Christian's. He smiles a confident grin.

"as you wish"

he then set back into a defensive position, to take on lightheart.

"your move"

Christian Lightheart
Jul 6th, 2001, 12:52:31 PM
*Lightheart reached out allowing the Force to calm him. He nodded to Waini then advanced.

Christian threw a right jab towards Waini's chest.*

waini
Jul 18th, 2001, 09:38:25 AM
waini shifts right, catching the blow beaneath his left am. His arm circled around lighthearts, he gives his forearm a shove upward to wrack lighthearts arm with pain whille he throws his own punch, all in about1.5 seconds

Christian Lightheart
Jul 18th, 2001, 01:44:05 PM
*His elbow, wrenched with pain, slowly began to hyperextend. This pain caused the young padawan to loose his focus for a mere second, but that's all Waini needed.

The punch connected on Christian's chin, knocking the boy down. Waini however, kept a hold of Lightheart's arm and elbow causing it to bend in yet another way which was not normal.

Yelling in pain as his arm was let go, he hit the ground square on his back. Allowing the Force to calm him, he let it run through his body and into his legs. Once again, he sweeped his legs around tripping up and knocking the other padawan down.

Waini fell on his right side then rolled over, giving enough time for the white haired Jedi to rise to his feet. He quickly scurried to Waini's left side, then dropped his knee into the ribe cage of Waini.*

waini
Jul 18th, 2001, 02:57:06 PM
Waini winces in pain, but doesn't cry out. He reminders himself worse has happened and blocks the pain out of his mind and flings his leg up, aiming silghty to the front of christian to make hm get off or be knocked off. As lightheart jumps back waini jumps to his feet, leaning slightly toward his bruised rib. He uses his newly learned sensing to deterine the rib is only bruised, and prepares for lighthearts next attack

OOC : ever read the book ENDERS GAME ? Waini and lightheart remind me of those charecters.

Christian Lightheart
Jul 18th, 2001, 10:41:24 PM
ooc: ack! i SO want to read that book. It looks very sweet from what I have read about. (reviews and the like) In other words, no i haven't read the book. :(

ic:

*Favoring his right elbow still, Christian took a few steps back. He breathed heavily, this activity strenuous enough on the new Padawan to wear him out. He would have to learn how to strengthen his stamina during his own training. Something, he thought, which probably came with time and experience.

Lightheart straightened up from his defensive position, showing he wanted to end the spar for now.*

I don't believe we have actually introduced ourselves. My name's Christian Lightheart. You're pretty good.

waini
Jul 19th, 2001, 08:45:44 AM
waini relaxes slightly

Your not half bad yourself. My name is just Waini. I don't use my last name, but you don't really need one when nobody else has your first name.

he walks forward to offer Lightheart his hand, a common greeting gesture on his planet, though hewon't be offended if lightheart has some thing against "Shaking"

Christian Lightheart
Jul 23rd, 2001, 04:13:55 PM
*The young boy smiled, extending his own hand to meet Waini's. The two jedi Padawans shook.*

Where are you from?

ooc: if you want, we could continue this in the B&G or elsewhere, since the practice spar is basically done. I think.. :)

waini
Jul 23rd, 2001, 10:48:23 PM
waini grins back at Christian

"I'm from Vagran, which is still an imperial World. Say, you wanna chat over a drink, my treat? i got some extra credits from selling my figurines"

Waini and lightheart make their way to the bar and grill, having an animated discussion

OOC: you can start the topic. I'll look for it.