PDA

View Full Version : A Jedi Knight waits for her padawan

JediBeldarine
Jul 3rd, 2001, 11:31:54 PM
**Bel knelt on the cold stone floor of the Academy. It was late -- or technically early, if one counted the fact that it was a few hours after midnight. The moon shone through the glass roof, the light refracted into a thousand different beams illuminating the hall. No candles shone on the top floor of the Academy, the silver wash of the moon's light lit the entire hall with a pale, colorless glow. She wore thin, tight fitting breaches and a tank top, the cool air bit against her skin, but Bel ignored it. It had been a while since she had let the weather affect her, and deep in concentration the Jedi Knight felt warm and serene. Something glittered brightly in the moonlight, the only metallic thing Bel wore -- her lightsaber.

**She knelt there, in a placid dreamlike state, oblivious to her surroundings. No one was around to bother her, most of her fellow Jedi were safely tucked in their beds. Beldarine alone occupied the hall, waiting for her apprentice to appear. It would be a difficult challenge, but one she would face head on. The task of training a dangerous man such as Anbira kept her up this evening, prompting her decision to do a little midnight training session.

**Patiently she sat there.. waiting. Watching.

Anbira Hicchoru
Jul 4th, 2001, 12:00:25 AM
:: A cold and grating sound pierced the midnight calm ::

<font color=0099CC>Beldarine</font>

:: She turned with a start to see Anbira's aged form. He grimaced noticably, the age lines in his face becoming more pronounced. After a few moments, he managed a small smile. ::

<font color=0099CC>My_apologies. I_don't_think_"whisper"_is_an_option_with_this_monstrosity.</font>

:: The smile melted into a face of shame. Anbira gently ran a finger over the vocal manipulation device grafted into his neck. It was such an ugly, horrible thing. What had happened to him before? What made him dependent on such a terrible machine? His sad grey eyes lifted up to look at Beldarine in the moonlight. Once again, he managed a small smile. ::

<font color=0099CC>Aren't_you_a_little_young_to_train_a_fossil_such_a s_myself?</font>

:: With a deep inhalation of the cool air, Anbira gazed skyward. ::

<font color=0099CC>I_can_tell_in_your_eyes....</font>

:: He looked at her again, and a tear fell from his eye ::

<font color=0099CC>Was_I_truly_so_hated...before?</font>

JediBeldarine
Jul 4th, 2001, 10:51:26 PM
**Slowly Beldarine stood, her eyes looking over the tired man in front of her. She walked closer to Anbira, listening to his words, and watching his sad eyes. When Bel spoke, her voice came quiet, calming.

"It's alright, my padawan. I've seen voice boxes like yours, you have no need to feel ashamed of it."

**Her arm moved in an arc, sweeping the room.

"We are Jedi, you are among friends here." A hand brushed her hair out of her face as she continued.. "And yes.. to your eyes, I am probably appear to be young.. But I have been through much.. enough to see how much you hurt deep inside. You must put aside fear, anger, hurt to become a Jedi. You must touch the Force and ignore the emotions that drive human beings."

**She paused, moving closer to him.

"You were not hated. Jedi do not hate.. Hate is the path to the Dark Side, Anbira. We feel sorrow for all those consumed by the Dark Side, and we hope that one day they shall wake up and realize how wrong they are. The path of the Dark is the easy way. I am your Jedi Master, and I will guide you away from that influence.. I promise that I will never let you fall prey to it again -- or my life is forfeit."

**Her words echoed through the silent training room. They reverberated off the polished tile floors until only the memory of sound was left.

"You are among friends now, Anbira.. I want to be your friend, if you will let me."

**Stopping briefly, Bel reached behind her back and unclipped a second lightsaber. The young woman flicked her wrist and the saber spun through the air towards the former Sith Master. He caught it in a fluid motion as she unclipped hers from her belt.

"This is your first test, Anbira. A test to see which way your allegiance falls. Fight me. You attack me first, be wary of the Dark Side and do not give into it."

**There was a snap hiss as Bel ignited her saber. She lowered herself into a defensive crouch and waited intently for his attack.

Anbira Hicchoru
Jul 5th, 2001, 12:09:56 AM
:: Anbira felt the cool of the metal cyllinder against his hand. While he could not remember ever using such a weapon, it was as if he already knew how to wield it expertly. Without a thought to where it was, Anbira thumbed the activation switch, and a pale blue shaft of light leapt from the lightsaber's aperture. For a moment, he only stared at the glowing blade, listening to its hypnotic hum. He looked at Beldarine. Her defensive stance was strong, but he could see a few weaknesses within it that were exploitable. His eyes narrowing, he began to use his combat skills to their full extent.

Starting towards Beldarine with a quick dash, Anbira swung his saber across and down towards his left in a double-handed arc. To his suprise, Beldarine was able to match his attack with a defense in full. Undaunted, he kicked his left leg backwards, pivoting on his right as he twirled his body around the locked blades, stabbing towards Beldarine's midsection with a mule kick. What should have landed home was deftly swatted away by the Jedi, as she locked his ankle, and gave a healthy shoulder charge, dropping Anbira to the ground. He lay there for only a moment, but it was enough of a moment to gauge the truth...

...Beldarine was far faster than he was, despite whatever weakness Anbira might have seen in her technique. She had almost-lazily countered and blocked his advances. What could it be that caused this?

Suddenly, Anbira knew. It was obvious. He knew almost nothing about how to channel energy according to the Jedi arts. For all of his extensive knowledge of combat prowess, he lacked the simple catalyst to energize it. Without that, he was useless. ::

JediBeldarine
Jul 5th, 2001, 12:27:08 AM
**Standing straight, Bel disengaged her saber's blade and clipped it back onto her belt. Astonishment shone in her eyes as the young women held out a hand to help the man up. He took her hand and allowed himself to be pulled into a upright position. Beldarine clasped her hands behind her back and walked towards a huge glass window that made up most of the east wall of the room. She was shocked that it had happened so easily. There was something more that she needed to find out, something had happened to the former Sith.

"Stand over here with me, Anbira.. and let's have a talk."

**She did not wait before she began talking. Her anxiety over what had just happened made her rush her words. She delved deep into the Force, calming her nerves.

"What do you remember of your past, Anbira? What do you remember of weilding the Force as a Jedi? What do you remember of your time as a powerful Sith Master? Tell me, padawan. Do not fear of telling me anything, for your words to me are kept locked inside my heart. None shall ever know. Speak freely, and have no fear of the words said inside this room."

Anbira Hicchoru
Jul 5th, 2001, 12:40:59 AM
<font color=0099CC>I_remember_waking....into_that_bacta_tank_on_Byss. Before_that....all_I_have_are_words_of_others.</font>

:: He stood up, approaching Beldarine. ::

<font color=0099CC>I_know_of_the_Force. I_know_it_enables_me_to_do_great_things. And...I_know_I_am_capable_of_them.</font>

:: He shakes his head ::

<font color=0099CC>I_just_can't_figure_out_how_to_call_on_it.

What_should_be_simple....is_not.</font>

JediBeldarine
Jul 14th, 2001, 09:29:44 PM
**Crossing her arms in front of her chest, Bel's brows knit in concentration. She walked closer to her padawan, laying an affectionate hand on his shoulder. When she spoke, her voice carried a compassion that seemed beyond the years that show on her face.

"So.. you remember nothing Anbira?" pausing slightly, Bel continued. "Maybe that is for the best. I will not lie to you, my padawan, you were strong in the dark side of the force. One of the most feared and cruel hearted Sith Masters ever. It is a good thing you cannot remember the atrocities that were committed at your hands."

**She took her hand off his shoulder and gestured towards the moonlit forest outside.

"Look outside, Anbira. The Force is everything, it is a life force that flows through every living being. Be it as small as an ant, or as giant as rancors.. they all have the Force inside. It's energy, living energy. Just like human emotions, the Force has many facets."

**Bel's head turned out the window as one of her hands raised in the air.

"On one side, you have the Force as we know it. It is the embodiment of good, truth, light. The Jedi commune with that energy, using it for peace, justice. They are the essence of calm, collected. A Jedi never strikes in anger, and they never hate. It is not an easy path to walk, Anbira. To watch the atrocious nature of the Sith.. and to know that the way we live is not compatible with the idea of revenge. We do as much as we can, and it is a tightrope some days."

**Her other hand raised as Bel's eyes grew unfocued, getting lost in the silvery light of the moon.

"On the other hand, there is the dark side. Every negative emotion that the soul knows feeds this monster. Hate, anger, aggression, fear, jealousy, envy -- these emotions a Jedi does not know, or at least strives to keep them at bay -- these same emotions, the Sith embrace. They have no understanding of compassion or justice, they know only hate and anger. The dark side is the easy way out -- to give into anger and aggression is a sign of a weak soul. They know no other way, and they are not strong enough to pull themselves out of the depravity they live in. It's addicting. The first time you attack in anger is the beginning of the end for any Jedi.. after a while, they slowly turn evil.. influenced by all that the dark side promises... It corrupts, taints, defiles everything it touches."

**Turning back to her padawan, she scratched her head.. unsure of how to proceed.

"I've never been good at explaining things before, Anbira.. I hope I did not confuse you more by what I said. You will be a great Jedi once your training is finished, I know you will be. As I said, the Force is all around you.. You do not know how to accomplish something that is as easy as breathing. Open yourself up to the living energy around you. Feel it's cleansing powers flow through you. You won't be able to accomplish much in the beginning.. but after a while, Anbira, you'll be stronger than many Jedi that alive right now."

"That is your first task, Anbira. Open your mind, free your soul. Concentrate on the living world around you."

**Beldarine's hand extended out towards him, with her palm facing the ceiling.

"Focus your mind.. your energy. Each living creature disperses energy to their surroundings, the Force, your task is to harness it. Push on my hand, I'll accept even the slightest pressure. Use the Force to push my palm down. Whenever you are ready, my padawan, you may begin."

Anbira Hicchoru
Jul 22nd, 2001, 11:14:29 PM
:: Slowly, Anbira's eyes closed, as he raised a hand in Beldarine's direction. He drew in breath in long and deep inhalations. His brow furrowing, Anbira strained his senses, trying to "feel" the world around him. It came slowly...as a wave of warmth, seemingly shimmering over him. He could actually feel the presence of things and creatures around him, from stone pebbles to chirping crickets. He did not open his eyes. If he could sense these things...

...Anbira's breathing slowed. With great concentration, he tried to expand his presence...trying to express his will onto the world around him. It was such an abstract notion...it threatened to dumbfound him.

However, he could feel the warmth in Beldarine's hand. It pulsed, invited, and sung to him. His instincts told him that he did not imagine these things. Expanding his will...Anbira gently urged himself upon her palm....feeling through the Force, seeking out connections through the living and nonliving.

At last...Beldarine's hand pushed back, a distance of 3 inches. Having felt this...Anbira's eyes fluttered open. Only then did he realize he had not taken a breath in a minute. Exhausted, Anbira gulped for air. ::

JediBeldarine
Aug 12th, 2001, 05:15:43 PM
*TTT -- LL.. I tried writing but my mind is fried..

I'll get to this soon, I pwomise :)