PDA

View Full Version : A new path for Yaten Gondra

amichan24
Aug 5th, 2001, 12:13:47 AM
Ami had sent Yaten a message, telling the newcomer to meet her in a training room. She paced around a little in the room, awaiting the arrival of her newest padawan.

The door finally opened, and Ami looked over at her new student. She smiled at the girl who stepped into the training room.

"Welcome, Yaten. I'm glad to see you've made it. Please, sit down." Ami motioned to the floor, sitting cross-legged while facing her padawan. "I'd like to know a couple of things about you. First of all, tell me a little bit about your background. Then, I'd like for you to tell me what you know about the Force - what you think it is, what experiences you've had, etc."

Calmly, Ami waited for Yaten to answer her questions.

Yaten Gondra
Aug 8th, 2001, 05:51:40 PM
OOC: Sorry Ami for not replying for so long. I've just been a little busy :) .

IC: *Yaten squirmed around nervously as she told her story*

"My name is Yaten. Yaten Gondra. My father was a Jedi named Kenas Gondra and my mother was Elov Gondra, who was also a Jedi. My mother was killed in child birth and my father was killed in a bloody battle with a sith when I was only two years old. All of my other relatives were dead, so I was put up for adoption. For five long years I was in an orphanage until one day, a man and a women, Raeb and Guin Erif, came in and took me into their care. They kept me in their care for nine years not knowing that I was Force sensitive.

"One day while I was trying to assemble my own R2 robot, a man came to our house. He said that he wanted to see me, and I was kind of surprised because no one ever wanted to see me. He told me that I did have a living relative left, an uncle who lived not so far away from here. I wonder why it tool so long to find him. He said that we were to leave immediately, so I'd best pack up my things to go.

"I'd hoped that my uncle would be as kind and generous as the Erifs, but he was not. He was very cruel to me, and he was the one who told me that I was Force sensitive. He said my parents were strong and very powerful Jedi, and my father died trying to protect a loved one, me. I was shocked by this news. I didn't even know what the force was! That's all he ever said to me about the force. Every time I'd ask him about it and what 'Jedi' were, he'd hit me and say, 'Didn't I tell you to never mention that in this household again?!?' After a while, I couldn't take it anymore. I wanted to travel somewhere and find out more about this Force thing. So once I completed my R2 robot *R2-D4 aka Sprok* I ran away.

"My R2 didn't help much, and it was destroyed on my journey. But I've traveled alone for maybe a few months and I've finally come upon this Greater Jedi Order. I wish to be trained as a Jedi."

amichan24
Aug 10th, 2001, 12:53:27 AM
Ami smiled gently. "My, that's quite a life you've led. I'm very sorry about your parents."

She straightened her back a little as she continued. "It was a good idea for you to come to the Greater Jedi Order. I believe you'll do very well.

"One more thing," Ami added, thinking. "You said you found out you were sensitive to the Force, but what do you know about it? What does the Force mean to you?" The Jedi Knight wanted to make sure she understood her padawan better before she began teaching Yaten how to use the Force.

Yaten Gondra
Aug 10th, 2001, 02:27:50 PM
*Yaten squirmed around a little. She was very unsure on how to answer this question. She took in a deep breath and answered the question as best she could.*

"Well, I don't really know much about the Force at all. Like I said, my parents died before they could tell me anything about it and my uncle seemed to hide me from it."

*She could feel herself blushing in embarrassment. She didn't really know if that was a good answer or not. Oh man. Will I get in trouble for not having any idea what the Force means to me? she thought silently to herself. She let out a little smile to try and hide the embarrassment from Ami.*

amichan24
Aug 10th, 2001, 02:40:32 PM
Ami grinned as her padawan tried to hide her embarrassment. "Don't worry, Yaten," she said, trying not to laugh. "It was merely a test of your knowledge.

"The Force," she said, becoming more serious, "is in everything around you. You can feel it flowing through every living thing. And because you are sensitive to it, you can use it to do things that other people cannot."

Ami motioned to a small rock on the table in a corner of the room. "For instance, you can use the Force to lift that rock. Here's what I want you to do: try to concentrate on the Force. Before you think about lifting the rock, you should try to see the rock. With your eyes closed, however." Her padawan started a little as Ami tied a cloth around Yaten's head, blindfolding her. "Try to reach out with the Force, and when you see the rock, try to lift it."

Ami stepped back and waited to see how her padawan would do.

Yaten Gondra
Aug 11th, 2001, 02:51:24 PM
"Are you sure about this?" Yaten asked Ami. Ami just smiled and let Yaten try and move the rock.

*Yaten drew in a deep breath and treied to see the rock. She pictured it in her mind as if she were picking it up with her own two hands. She didn't know if this would work, but it was worth a try. She tried to feel every aspect of the rock as she tried to reach out to the rock and lift it with the force. Having no idea weather it would work or not, she tried to lift it.*

OOC: How do I get a color for my lightsaber? Is that later or is that now?

amichan24
Aug 14th, 2001, 02:42:53 AM
OOC: I'll show in a while... You won't need one 'til I begin the saber training, but I'll show you where you can find pictures.

IC:

The rock on the table started to move a little up off the table. Ami didn't say anything; she wanted to make sure her padawan was concentrating.

All of a sudden, Yaten opened her eyes, and the rock fell with a thud. The girl looked up at Ami excitedly. "Did I do it? Did it go up?!"

Ami nodded, keeping her face as plain as possible. "Yes, it did move. But you haev to keep focused. You have to be able to sustain the motion after it's executed.

"I'm assuming you saw the rock." Her padawan nodded eagerly. "All right. Try again to lift it. Hold it for about thirty seconds, and once you do that, try to bring it toward you."

Yaten Gondra
Aug 15th, 2001, 04:05:58 PM
Yaten felt embarrassed that she was acting like she was 5. She closed her eyes and did as her master told her. After 30 seconds she tried to bring it toward her...