PDA

View Full Version : Kaman Deliai's Training (I)

Nichos Marr
May 8th, 2001, 08:39:10 PM
Nichos enters the training grounds, followed close behind by his newest apprentice Kaman. He stops and turns around to face her.

"Before we begin, I'll need to ask you a few questions."

1. Can you tell me about your past, why you decided to join the Jedi, and the goals of you future?

2. Describe what the Force is to you.

3. Do you have any Force Experience?

4. What area of the Jedi Experience do you wish to center on? (ex. healing, fighting, meditation, philosophy)

Kaman Jeris Deliai
May 9th, 2001, 03:21:49 PM
"Well...What you just saw me doing there..the meditation..Is somewhat natural to me. It helps me relax, and concentrate."

Kaman stops, then continues.

"My past ...well...I could tell you about the recent past before I came here. But I don't know much about where I came from or how I got here. I've had quite the experience while trying to get here. So meditation helps with that stress."

She shivers a little.

"I decided to join the Jedi because in my travels, I ran into a person..couldn't tell much about who he/she was, and all that person said to me was that I would become a great Jedi someday..if I didn't fall to evil...Then she was shot."

Kaman looks at the ground...

(Ok...I have to get to class..I'll finish answering next time i'm on...)

Kaman Jeris Deliai
May 9th, 2001, 04:55:12 PM
(Ok..I'm continuing...)

"The Force, to me, is a way of knowing ourselves and the universe around us better. A way of making it a better place for everyone, and especially for those who cannot help themselves. Force experience. Well, I recall seeing this place before, though I KNOW i've never been here. And the lady, I remember vaguely she was a lady, she knew what was coming to her...So did I. So she told me what she thought most important before her life was taken. But honestly, I don't know how they didn't find me. I hid myself as best I could, and somehow these supposed top of the line people didn't find me. That's when I really started thinking about what the lady said. As for what area of Force Experience, I'm not sure right now."

Nichos Marr
May 9th, 2001, 07:58:15 PM
Nichos nodded slowly, "I understand. It seems you've had quite a rough recent past. In your training you will learn to use the Force when meditating. This is very good if you wish to learn about your past. Just make sure you are prepared for everything."

He paused for a moment.

"Do you know who killed the lady? Who were 'they?"

OOC: BTW, do you have AIM, MSN?

Kaman Jeris Deliai
May 10th, 2001, 01:20:35 PM
"Hunters...warriors. Call them what you will. They were trained very well. They knew where people were without looking. I saw them kill the only people I knew as family. My friends. I don't know how I escaped that. All I know is I woke up standing in the middle of the forest. Yes, I was standing when I awoke."

OOC: I have ICQ.

Nichos Marr
May 10th, 2001, 08:36:10 PM
"Tell me Kaman, do you know what the Dark Side of the Force is? Would you know if these warriors had anything to do with the Dark Side? Possibly they were Sith?"

Nichos took a seat on the floor of the training grounds. He motioned for Kaman to do the same.

"Make yourself comfortable."

OOC: Ok..don't have that nm then :)

Kaman Jeris Deliai
May 10th, 2001, 10:11:56 PM
Kaman sits, a few feet away from her master, and answers.

"The dark side...I have a idea of what that is. It is dark. Cold. Furious. Vengeful. When the warriors were close, I suddenly felt cold. Like an ice cube was crawling slowly up my back. Then I felt a burning, tingling sensation, like the kind you get when your hands warm up when you come inside after playing in the snow."

Kaman's voice starts to become louder as the memories flash through her mind:
"There were many screams. The lady, and my friends dying. I closed my eyes, and saw darkness and flames...I covered my ears, but dark and evil voices screamed rejoices at the kill..."

Kaman's eyes are squeezed tight shut, and her ears are covered with her hands...She is curled up on the ground, tears streaming down her face. She is shaking.

Nichos Marr
May 12th, 2001, 09:25:08 AM
They were working for the Sith then. Or maybe the Dark Jedi? Nichos thought to himself.

He watched as Kaman curled on the floor and began to shake and cry. Nichos rushed over.

"Kaman, it's okay. Your friends and family wouldn't want to see you like this, now would they? Block those thoughts out of your mind."

Nichos handed her a tissue. "Now if you need some time, I can give you that. Remember that fear and anger are the paths to the Dark Side. There is no emotion, only peace. When you are ready, we will begin training."

Kaman Jeris Deliai
May 13th, 2001, 08:53:43 PM
Kaman uncurls and looks at Nichos. She is holding her head.

"I have blocked it out. But for some reason, that particular memory sends my head pounding."

She takes the tissue and wipes her eyes.

"I'm fine, i'm fine. I wasn't afraid. It was just deeply saddening, and it gives me terrible headaches.""

She stands up and lets go a genuine smile.

"I'm ready. Let's begin."

Nichos Marr
May 13th, 2001, 09:07:10 PM
Nichos nods and smiles back.

"Great. Now to begin, I want to know. Do you know what the Sith or the Dark Side is? And how feel you?"

Kaman Jeris Deliai
May 13th, 2001, 09:48:06 PM
"The Sith, as in definition of the force-users, believe themselves to be the most powerful force in the universe. Their empires ruled by fear and they thrive on the fear and pain of others. They crave power, and have a focus on dominating the universe, and extinguishing the light of the Jedi forever. As for the race, I don't really know anything. But I have heard of them."

Kaman thinks for a moment.

"I feel better. In fact, I feel great. This place is peaceful, and I find it easier to relax my mind."

Kaman Jeris Deliai
May 15th, 2001, 01:44:01 PM
Kaman suddenly brightens up...

"I just remembered something!!"

She smiles.

"My Father's name was Sherrik Deliai!!"

She giggles.

"I'm so happy!!"

Nichos Marr
May 15th, 2001, 05:09:29 PM
Nichos grins, while crossing his arms over his chest. He remembered in his training when memories of the past he had long since forgotten flashed into his head.

"It's good that you feel relaxed. It's easier to think and remember things that way. You seem to know quite a bit about the Dark and Light side of the Force."

Nichos suddenly turned around and walked to the door heading outside. He motioned for Kaman to follow.

Kaman Jeris Deliai
May 16th, 2001, 01:27:10 AM
Kaman follows, intrigued by what will happen next. She is eager to learn more.

Nichos Marr
May 16th, 2001, 07:06:03 PM
Nichos turned back and watched as Kaman followed. He could tell that she was quite eager. This was a good thing.

Again he proceeded on to his destination. Nichos opened the door at the end of the training ground hall. He stepped outside, holding it open for Kaman to step through too.

Both were surrounded by a beautiful garden. Insects of all kinds moved around. A small breeze caused flowers to sway to the side. It was full of life. Nichos stopped walking in front of two rocks. He took a seat on one of them.

"Tell me Kaman, what do you feel?"

Kaman Jeris Deliai
May 16th, 2001, 11:26:56 PM
She closes her eyes, and takes a relaxing breath...

"I feel...a flow of peaceful life force...like a warm summers' breeze. It is everywhere, and everything is vibrant with it. The creatures here, may very well be aware of our presences here, but they do not practice caution, because they know we will do them no harm..."

Nichos Marr
May 17th, 2001, 07:29:00 PM
"That is correct. You've established an understanding with the living things around us. This is the Force. The Force is in every thing. This stone that I sit on, that tree, those wildflowers. It binds the Galaxy together. Without the Force, nothing could live. The Force is life."

Nichos hopped off the rock and walked toward Kaman. He reached into his robe and produced a blindfold.

"Kaman, we will begin a sense activity, but you must not be able to see. Rely on the Force as your second vision."

Nichos blindfolded her and slightly spun her around a few times. He paced to a nearby apple tree a few meters away from Kaman.

"Use the Force Kaman, and feel out the apple tree that I am standing near."

The voice seemed to come from all corners to confuse Kaman.

Kaman Jeris Deliai
May 17th, 2001, 11:18:05 PM
Kaman patiently waits as the slight dizzying sensation quickly wears off. She reaches for the Force, opening her mind, herself, to it. She begins to tell the difference between things, in a sense, they all ahve their own signature in the Force. She comes across Nichos through the Force. Kaman smiles, and pokes an apple barely hanging on in the tree. It falls..

"Watch out for that apple...."

The thought of the apple makes her hungry. Something tells her it's lunchtime. But she isn't terribly hungry, so she just shrugs the notion off.

Nichos Marr
May 18th, 2001, 06:18:52 PM
Nichos catches the apple almost instantly relying on his Force senses. He holds it calmly in his hand. Kaman was strong in the Force, no doubt about that.

"Kaman..." Nichos started. He brought his arm back. "Catch!" Nichos flung the apple at Kaman. He was expecting her to use the Force and catch it.

Kaman Jeris Deliai
May 18th, 2001, 08:45:39 PM
Kaman senses the sudden change in something nearby Nichos...
It was the falling apple, which had changed direction, passing from the tree, to Nichos' hand, moving up and back then hurtling forward towards her. She feels it heading towards the middle of her chest, thus telling her her master has good aim. She puts her hands up in front of herself, center chest and feels the apple impact hard against the palm of her right hand, and bouncing against her left. She holds the apple, which cracked on impact in her right hand and takes a bite...

"Now, Nichos....I must say this is the best apple i've ever had."

Nichos Marr
May 19th, 2001, 12:31:29 PM
Nichos laughs at her response. She had excellent Force senses for a beginner.

"Excellent Kaman."

He walked away from the tree and went back to sit on the rock.

"Now I'd like you to walk over to the apple tree I was just standing near. Use the Force to do so."

Nichos watched.

Kaman Jeris Deliai
May 19th, 2001, 10:50:02 PM
Still focused on where Nichos was standing, she felt him move away from there, and listened to him speak, all the while keeping her concentration on the tree...

"Alright...i gotcha..."

Kaman started walking diagonal from where she was standing to the tree, when about halfway there she felt something invisible nudge her. It was a short flicker from the Force warning her about something...

Kaman started to change to a run, and jumped, pushed off on something, and took to the air for a few short seconds, now holding the apple she was eating with her mouth, and was soon gripping a branch of the apple tree. She flipped herself up and over the branch, then dropped feet first to the ground below. She smiled, and moved a strand of hair that was attemting to drift into her mouth, and wiped her hand on the blindfold bound tightly across her eyes. She took a couple bites from the apple, swallowed, then finished it off, core and all. She put the seeds in her pocket, before speaking again.

"How was that?"

Nichos Marr
May 21st, 2001, 11:12:36 AM
"That was...amazing."

Nichos was still a little shocked. Kaman was very acrobatic along with being attuned to the Force. She had found the apple tree with ease.

"Kaman can you see those three rocks?"

Nichos pointed to three rocks assembled on the floor, one beside the other. The one on the left was the largest, while the other two were smaller.

"I want you to use the Force to levitate the rightmost rock. Feel it out with the Force, manipulate the air around it. Close your eyes and invision the rock floating toward you. Once you have a good grasp, you may open your eyes."

Kaman Jeris Deliai
May 21st, 2001, 09:14:27 PM
"Nichos...How can I open my eyes? I'm still blindfolded. So can I take the blindfold off?"

Kaman smiles.

Nichos Marr
May 22nd, 2001, 04:40:31 PM
Nichos laughed.

"Sorry, I completely forgot. Of course you can."

Kaman Jeris Deliai
May 23rd, 2001, 12:08:26 AM
Kaman unties the blindfold and folds it. She then tosses it to Nichos...

"Catch!"

Nichos catches it, then watches his padawan.

Kaman looks at the rightmost rock, and simultaneously pictures it floating in her mind. She knows, that on a deep level, she is displaciing the molecules in the air around the rock, by making the rock move. She thinks this looks really neat. And before her eyes, the rock is lifted into the air, and it stays there, floating.

"That was...very interesting. I was focusing more on the image I had created in my mind. I saw the air molecules being moved and pushed by the rock. It was as if I was daydreaming, and then I awoke from the daydream to find the rock floating before my very eyes."

Nichos Marr
May 24th, 2001, 04:49:56 PM
Nichos nods.

"Indeed it is interesting. The Force itself is a quite interesting thing. Now I want you to raise the middle rock off the ground. You may put the small rock down now."

Kaman Jeris Deliai
May 24th, 2001, 11:25:11 PM
Kaman lets the rock float down to the ground like a feather. She then picks up the middle rock, using the Force.

Nichos Marr
May 25th, 2001, 04:42:38 PM
"Great! Now that boulder."

Nichos points to the one on the far left. It was about 6 feet high, and two meters in diameter.

"Remember size matters not. Everything is equal in the Force."

Kaman Jeris Deliai
May 27th, 2001, 01:02:17 AM
Kaman focuses on the boulder, not dropping the other rock. The boulder floats up, and stands in mid-air. Kaman floats the other rock over to the boulder, and sits it on top of the boulder.

"How about that?"

Nichos Marr
May 27th, 2001, 11:37:40 AM
"That was excellent. Are you sure you haven't been trained before?" Nichos grinned.

He crossed his legs on the rock he sat on, and watched as Kaman put the boulder and the rock down.

"Tell me, how did that feel? Explain the experience."

Kaman Jeris Deliai
May 28th, 2001, 11:45:39 PM
"No. I've never been trained before. I have amazing focus, from what my superiors told me when I worked for special ops. And the meditation thing, as you saw when you first met me, I have a natural ability to just slip into trances and meditation with ease. When I become very ill, it affects my meditation and focus. That happened once. They thought they would lose me. I didn't like it. Its unsettling not being able to reach a calm so natural to you."

She walked over to her master and sat down near him on another rock.

"That experience was...well, no different from the first rock I lifted. There was just more of it there. It didn't have any weight difference. I learnt size, age, sex, does not matter, because I was the youngest operative, and I everyone appreciated me. I was the smallest. Most of them were men, but they were nice. And strict when they had to be. I'm sure you understand that."

Nichos Marr
May 31st, 2001, 10:24:39 AM
"Of course." Nichos nodded. "Can you tell me more about this Special Ops you worked for? It sounds quite interesting."

The Knight shifted his eyes to the floor of the garden. He admired the rich green color of the grass, and the cloudless sky above. The air was fresh and clean. Some might call this a havan...He called it home.

Nichos quickly returned his attention to his padawan, waiting for an answer.

Kaman Jeris Deliai
May 31st, 2001, 01:38:36 PM
"It's a bunch of small groups that goes into heavy situations, I guess you could say we are mice daring to go through a mousehole of a crumbling building. We do rescue missions, survey missions. We weed out the bad apples and bring down operations that are not supposed to be there or that have gone wrong. We are the ones who take care of the strange situations, unusual ones. The ones with many unknowns. The small groups group together sometimes and take on bigger things. We're acutally a group that isn't heard of often. We're more or less a subdivision of the special ops. The ShadowOps Infiltrators. We have many nicknames like 'Weeders' and the 'Hidden Eye'. Maybe that's why you know pretty much nothing about us. My group was killed by those sith or dark warriors. Whatever you called them. Our group isn't really part of Corellian special ops, but that's where we last were based. We move very often. I said I was part of the Corellian special ops division because that's where we last were based when I left it. Wherever your last missions were assigned from before you retire or leave, you are put as have been part of their 'special ops' division. Whatever that planet calls it."

Nichos Marr
Jun 1st, 2001, 03:28:48 PM
"I see." Nichos scratched his head a bit. He was a little confused, but he got the jist of it.

"So have you decided what Force area you'd like to focus in yet? Or would you like to do more activities?"

Kaman Jeris Deliai
Jun 3rd, 2001, 09:19:09 PM
She shrugs.

"I don't know what I want to do. I was just so used to a fast paced life, knowing what to do without second thought. I mean, if I stayed there, I knew where I was headed. I would have commanded ShadowOps someday. My father was a close friend of the director, and I was adopted by the director. My father had asked that my birth names be kept. But then I come here. It's so...relaxed. I don't know. Lets just continue with some training for now, I suppose."

Nichos Marr
Jun 6th, 2001, 06:05:27 PM
"Sure Kaman."

Nichos made a weird hand motion in the air. A tiger-like creature came out of a bush, bearing it's teeth. They shone in the sun like two small daggers.

It stared at Kaman for a second and began to growl. Step by step it advanced.

"Now I want you to use the Force to tap into this creature's mind and use the Force to direct it to me. The Force has a strong will on weak minded creatures. Remember, there is no fear, there is peace."

Kaman Jeris Deliai
Jun 11th, 2001, 12:15:14 PM
Kaman concentrates, feeling out the creature's signature in the force. She reaches for its mind, and 'opens the door' directing it to Nichos. It stops, giving her a blank look, as if she just appeared or somthing. Then it turns towards Nichos and started towards him.

Nichos Marr
Jun 12th, 2001, 04:28:35 PM
Nichos himself reached out with the Force and stopped the animal. It trotted off into other parts of the garden.

"Now this next exercize shouldn't be hard for you. Please follow me."

He walked off....

Nichos stopped in front of a tall tree. He stared at it, amazed by it's height. Nichos could remember how on Rodia there were no trees in the city.

"A Jedi can use the Force to strengthen their muscles and perform amazing feats that not many others can perform. I want you to feel the Force around you, feel it in your legs and leap. Normally, a Padawan can clear 50 meters. May the Force be with you."

Nichos stood back to watch.

Kaman Jeris Deliai
Jun 13th, 2001, 12:44:31 PM
Kaman stretches like a cat, then looks up the tree...way, way up..She feels the molecules rushing around her legs, stirred by the Force. She bends her knees, and thrusts herself up into the air. Like a tense spring, she shoots off into the air, and flips onto a branch that, by her judgement, is quite a bit higher than 50 metres. She looks down at Nichos.

"I'm ..umm..up here!!"

She pushes a branch from her face..

"Can you see me? How high up do you think I am?"

Nichos Marr
Jun 17th, 2001, 10:19:52 AM
OOC: Sorry for the late reply.

IC:"Well, I think you've hit the 65 meter mark. Most impressive Kaman. You may come down now."

Nichos held out his hand as if to stop her from climbing down.

"I want you to climb down to the thirty meter mark, and then jump. Use the Force to soften your fall. Feel it strengthen your legs like before, or else they could break."

He waited to see what would happen.

Kaman Jeris Deliai
Jun 17th, 2001, 09:33:20 PM
Kaman nods, and climbs down 35 metres of the tree, then looks down again. She closes her eyes, letting herself free to the force, and spreads her arms. She drops slowly and gracefully from the branch, diving. She flips once every 5 metres, until she hits the ground. As soon as her feet touch the ground, she backflips high into the air, and comes down from the flip, standing on her two feet, well balanced. She nods to Nichos.

"Any thoughts, Master?"

Nichos Marr
Jun 20th, 2001, 09:55:11 PM
"Uh...not really Kaman." Nichos paused for a moment. "Except another excellent job."

Nichos walked over to a tree branch and snapped off a good long piece. He set it down on a rock lightly.

"Moving on, I want you to raise this stick off the rock with the Force." Kaman looked unimpressed for a moment. Nichos wasn't quite finished. "While it is in mid air, I want you to use the Force to bend the twig in two and maintain leverage from the ground."

Nichos thought this would teach Kaman better control on the Force. If she used it more, she would become more attuned. Later in training, he had to teach her to not fall into the slump of being Force reliant like some others had.

Kaman Jeris Deliai
Aug 20th, 2001, 12:43:59 AM
Kaman snaps back into reality..she nods, knowing what her master said, and complies. She concentrates on the twig, and it moves up into the air. She bends it, so it looks like a horseshoe. It sits in the air, like a decoration.

"Is this what you meant, master?"

(Sorry i haven't been in for the longest time, guys. just got a new screen after my other one died, and my comp had screwed up too. And I also went away for a long while. But its all good. I'm back)