PDA

View Full Version : Tainen Baal, training

Sage Hazzard
Jan 7th, 2002, 12:59:42 AM
Sage was eager and saddened. Eager to train his new recruit, and saddened that he'd have to introduce her to a world where death surrounds her everyday. He had arranged for her to recieve instructions, a map to this place.

It was a small clearing where the sunlight through the trees would trickle off the fallen leaves. Sage sat in the middle.

Tainen Baal
Jan 7th, 2002, 01:19:10 AM
Tainen found it much easier to find her way through the underbrush. There were easier ways she could have gone, but this felt more like home. It was quiet, a sound she had come to appreciate.

The brush began to thin and she saw Sage sitting in the clearing. She mad eher way over to him, bowing when she neared. "I'm ready to begin Master."

Sage Hazzard
Jan 7th, 2002, 01:47:20 AM
"Good."

Sage sighed.

"What do you know of the Force?"

He decided to take a more layed back approach at first, since he knew nothing of the women.

OOC - What kind of a Jedi are you wanting to be? Should I consentrate on meditation, attacks, sensing, manipulation, etc? Another words, are you wanting to specialize in anything? And, are you wanting to be closer to a Monastic Jedi or a Warrior Jedi?

Tainen Baal
Jan 7th, 2002, 01:49:08 AM
"I know only what I learned from the Jedi that came to my home. The Force is what binds the galaxy together, connecting all living things." she answered.

OOC: warrior definetly

Sage Hazzard
Jan 7th, 2002, 03:33:43 AM
Sage smiled. He knew now it was time to bring the training to the next level. The Jedi Master stood up.

Drawing two long sticks from his sheeth he pitched one to her. Sage gripped his own firmly. They were a standard Lightsabre length. There was to be a spar.

"Brace yourself. Fight, or be pummeled. I have no sympathy. This must be done. So I may see your level of ability."

Sage always sparred his new Padawans. It was his way.

The Jedi Master ran with a fury at her. Before she knew it, he was next to her. He swung the stick to her right side, slower than usual. He hoped she'd block it, he was giving that block away. Testing her reflexes was the first step.

OOC - Great. Sage is a warrior until the end. I'll kick my training up a notch.

Do you want a signature? If so, go to the OOC forum. Look for a thread by Syrius Cline, he does good work. Give him what he needs, and he'll do it. He did mine. :)

Tainen Baal
Jan 7th, 2002, 05:08:09 AM
Tainen grinned and blocked the swing. The terrain was much like her home planet's, and she could use that. Gripping the stick more firmly in her hand she came at Sage with a barrage of quick hits, which he blocked. She was not trying to hit him yet, merely waiting for the most opportune time to use what she already knew. Her feet came upon a small rise and she took advantage of it, springing off it and flipping over the Master's head. He spun around almost too fast to discern and she smiled. "Ability to defend oneself is very important to my people. We are taught at an early age to fight, so we may be prepared for the trials." she said before coming at him with an upward sweep.

Sage Hazzard
Jan 7th, 2002, 02:55:04 PM
Sage blocked the swing.

"Trails? Explain."

Sage struck overhead.

Tainen Baal
Jan 7th, 2002, 07:52:22 PM
Tainen raised her own stick and blocked it, kicking out with her right foot. "When a Bali youth reaches the age of fifteen, they are assinged a small territory in the jungle. You are instructed to only bring the clothes you are wearing. Once there, you will live in solitude until five years has passed. During that time you accept the identification "Tala". If you live through the five years you are granted the honor of your name back. If you die, the surrounding Tala's divide up your land. If you come back before the five years has passed, you are cut off from the rest of the Bali."

Sage Hazzard
Jan 9th, 2002, 02:37:28 AM
Sage dropped his stick. He grabbed her leg and sweeped out the other one. She fell flat on her back.

Stepping back, Sage called the stick back to him. Looking down at her, he spoke.

"So, did you complete this ritual?"

Tainen Baal
Jan 9th, 2002, 03:30:20 AM
Tainen swung her legs up, flipping to her feet as she did. "Yes, of course. We must, if we wish to stay with the tribe. If we do not stay with them, the other clans will kill you. So we have no choice. But it would never cross anyones mind to go against the Trials. It is an honor to be considered ready to face them."
Tainen swung the stick to her left hand and kicked upwards with her right foot, getting ready to spring backwards again.

Sage Hazzard
Jan 9th, 2002, 03:56:15 AM
Sage's sword was in his right hand. He hit the leg with his left hand palm, sending it to his right and slightly spinning her. Sage kept going forward and was quickly behind her. The Jedi Master could move quicker than ordinary man or beast. He hit her with the bottom of the stick, which would be the hilt of a lightsabre. She stumbled forward.

"Excellent. I faced a similar trail, when I was ten. Except I had no choice. My father died, leaving me to fend for myself and my sister. I feel like I am yet to accomplish the feat of completing this test."

Sage twirled his stick as she turned around after the stumble.

"Try and fit more complicated attacks into your approach. Fake me out, out smart me, and land an attack succesfully. All your attacks are straightforward and predictable. Mix them up."

Tainen Baal
Jan 9th, 2002, 04:10:55 AM
Tainen tensed as if she were going to spring away but instead slid her foot slightly behind Sage's, pulling it forward and using a Kata-Oshi shoulder thrust to push backwards at the same time.

Sage Hazzard
Jan 9th, 2002, 06:39:26 PM
Sage slammed into the ground, smiling.

"Good! But I could have chopped off you arm with my Lightsabre."

Sage raised the stick in his hand.

"Try and get my attention away from the true attack. Speed and agility can accomplish this, as well as attention getting movements. Like so."

Sage stood up again.

Walking towards her he sprung into an assualt. He swung his sword down at her left shoulder, she blocked it. He used this time to step in and place his left foot on her right. Sage slammed his left shoulder into her right. At the same instant he sweeped his right leg under her left. The result was a well executed attack. She fell to the ground.

"You see? The attack to your left allowed be to place my stick in a position where it blocked your weapon's movement to your right. When I made the attack, I stepped on your foot. This was effective because the sword took your eyes away from my left leg. The shoulder slam and the right leg sweep was a finisher. Do you understand?"

OOC - What's your writing experiance? I'm just curious as you seem adept at righting fiction. Not a common trait in new RPers.

Tainen Baal
Jan 10th, 2002, 03:31:10 AM
Tainen nodded. "Yes Master." She swung her legs around in a circle until she almost did a backwards somersault, and lifted herself up with her arms before pushing off to her feet. Taking a deep breath she closed her eyes for a moment and then smiled. A slight breeze picked up.
Tainen attacked from the right, bringing her hand in an upwards motion towards Sage's temple. He blocked this and she used the momentum to pull him forward, kicking just below the knee and moving underneath the arm so he flipped and landed on his back.
"Is that what you meant sir?"

OOC: The only other stuff I've written are short storys and a screenplay that I sent in to Project Greenlight. I made up the Bali tribes's structure as I went along and other members of the tribe are now helping to get all the rituals and history written on the board before the war starts.

Sage Hazzard
Jan 10th, 2002, 10:57:13 AM
Sage smiled. A worthy Padawan she was.

"You learn quick."

Sage chuckled, standing up. He walked away from her, towards a bench. Sitting on it, he waved her to follow.

"Let's take a rest. Teaching isn't all fighting. Tell me, what do you know of the Force?"

OOC - You're a screenwriter? Great! My goal in life is to be a successful screenwriter. I hope you make it as well. :)

Tainen Baal
Jan 10th, 2002, 08:45:39 PM
She followed him and sat. " It is what binds the galaxy together, connecting all living things. The Jedi who came to Korran told us of those who use it for there own good, for evil. I'm afraid that's all I know. They were the only visitors that came to Korran while I lived there and this is the first time I've been off planet."

Sage Hazzard
Jan 12th, 2002, 03:59:57 AM
"Yes, it does connect all things. Also, it is alive on it's own."

Sage thought of a way to address the Dark Side. So he slowly started to explain it.

"The ones that use it for evil.... They are Dark Siders. Think of a gradient of white and black. That is the Force. On the white side is calmness and wisdom. On the black side is anger, hate, and fear. Those that drift past the grey line are evil, or misguided fools. They have anger inside them they attempt to harness but instead they unleash hate. No one is an exception. Luckily, we Jedi are on the white end. We stray from anger, hate, fear, and most all negative emotions. This is what the Light Side is. It is what I have devoted my life to understanding, and I still don't fully. The Force is mysterious and a teacher at heart. This is conflicting and it slowly tries to be forthcoming, but it aludes all. It is truely a living being."

Tainen Baal
Jan 12th, 2002, 04:22:26 AM
Tainen nodded, listening with intrest. "It is somewhat like my home. Korran is alive. She is an idividual, connected to us all. Like a mother. But she does not speak anymore. She used to communicate with two elders, Taskial and Kreer. But Kreer betrayed us all and used the secrets that Korran trusted him with, against us all. He killed many. But he is dead now."

Sage Hazzard
Jan 13th, 2002, 04:29:20 AM
"That is much like the Sith and Dark Jedi. They use the power the Force has shown them for evil. The Force is not inheritly evil on it's own. The Dark Side however is unruly and currupt. If someone who is greedy or currupt themself taps into it, it is doubly horrible. They use the knowledge that the Dark Side has given them to kill all who oppose them, all that oppose their views. They use it for power and for strength, but that is wrong. We must all strive to live with the Force in harmony, and with others in harmony. Much like your planet lives in harmony with you and your natives. But to attempt to dominate it and control it... that is wrong."

Sage sighed.

"The Dark Side is hard to control, in fact it is extremely hard to use. Using it currupts you. Many believe that the Dark Side is evil, I do not believe that. I believe that to tap into it you must use powerful emotions such as anger, hate, fear. But these emotions are too strong. The Dark Side is filled with these emotions. It is made up of them. I believe it's a way for the universe to balance itself out. The Dark Side is an essential element in the universe, and without it the Force would not be existant. Without both a Yin and a Yang, life cannot exist. It is not evil, yet it has evil emotions in it. It's a melting pot for all bad thoughts. That's my theory. When someone tries to tap into it they must bond with it. To do this you must use the three emotions: fear, anger, and hate. But then a flood of these emotions come out of the Dark Side. They eat you inside out. Many Sith say they have conquered the Dark Side of the Force, but in fact, that's not possible. The reality is they are playing with fire. You might not relise you're blistering, but soon you will crash and burn."

Sage paused.

"Have you ever tried to use the Light Side of the Force?"

Tainen Baal
Jan 13th, 2002, 04:39:32 AM
" I have tried, yes. I could not say for sure whether or not I have though...I can do things with the wind. But that could just be my people...my brother can play with it as well." she answered.

OOC: quickie...there's going to be a war on Korran fairly soon and Tainen will have to go, but not necisarily to fight. She also has to go for a funeral. Do you want to get involved in the war thread?