PDA

View Full Version : Zeke Talen

Zeke Talen
Dec 21st, 2001, 08:56:01 PM
Zeke walked into the training grounds. A younger replica of his brother Jake,save for his gray eyes, he stood with the same outward defiance. Sighing he wondered absently where Jake was and what he was doing...if he was still getting in trouble or not. The younger Talen smiled at the thought of getting together with Jake again. Jake was sure to have something interesting planned. He always did.

OOC: I had no idea how to start this...I've never done RP before

Sage Hazzard
Dec 22nd, 2001, 02:39:44 AM
Sage Hazzard walked slowly from behind. His voice obviously startled Zeke when he did speak.

"Zeke Talen!" the Jedi Master boomed. "Whatever foolish and pointless endeavors you wished to venture today are officially destroyed. The Council has ordained me to be the one to shape your sorry soul into one befitting a Jedi."

The Master cracked his fingers.

"I don't care what you want, I don't care what you do not want. You will train NOW." He said with an out of place smile.

Sage pitched the other a wooden stick, the same length of a lightsabre. He had another for himself.

"Trail by Fire Padawan. Hit me."

OOC - I assume Jake filled you in on the basics and Star Wars facts you need to know. You did well on your first post, good writing. You'll become better with time, don't worry. Very exceptional for a first time RPer.

Zeke Talen
Dec 22nd, 2001, 05:28:02 AM
Zeke crossed his arms and stared at the man with an odd expression. After a moment he smiled, as though he had made some sort of discovery. "I thought Jedi didn't promote violence. Asking me to hit you could result in violent tendencies. So I think I'll sit this one out." he said in a tone as close to insolent as he dared go with a Jedi Master. Growing up with the older Talen had imprinted a few bad habits in the boy. This was one of them.

Sage Hazzard
Dec 23rd, 2001, 10:59:51 AM
Sage's face and tone became more serious, if that was even possible.

"Fool. My belief, although it is differant than most Jedi, is that the Sith and Dark Side followers alike will one day kill anyone and everyone. Why wait until they do, when we know it to be forecoming? I say we act fast and soon, so that we may have a bit of innocents left after the dust has settled. It's still attacking in defense, only it's defense from what is bound to occur."

The Jedi Master was passionate about his beliefs, this much was clear.

"But you are entitled to your opinion, even if it is wrong. Attack only self-defense, be my guest," Sage said with an odd smile.

The Jedi Master choked up on his stick and charged forward at the speed of a Jedi annointed. He struck hard and viciously, Zeke being caught off gaurd it was extremely painful for the other party. The stick struck on Zeke's left shoulder. It was hard enough to get the man riled up, yet soft enough to not leave him unable to fight in retaliation.

Zeke Talen
Dec 23rd, 2001, 03:19:31 PM
Zeke jumped back with a cry of surprise which quickly turned to one of pain. He grabbed his shoulder and glared at Sage. "You...that hurt!" he said, as he rubbed his shoulder slowly. Picking up his own stick he tried to make it feel comfortable but could not change the awkwardness of the weight. The chains he had always used before were far different from this. Ignoring the fact that he was unprepared, Zeke lunged at Sage aiming for the Jedi Masters chest. The attack wasn't thought out, he was only concentrating on hitting the other to ease his frustration.

Sage Hazzard
Dec 24th, 2001, 04:08:40 AM
Sage smiles and brings his stick into a clockwise circle. At 12:00 it hits the other's stick and knocks it away from ever hitting the Jedi Master.

"Clumsy. So very clumsy."

Sage paused.

"I always inform my students of what they did wrong. This time I want you to tell me what you did wrong. Why wasn't that attack remotely succesful?"

Zeke Talen
Dec 24th, 2001, 04:23:11 AM
Zeke knew what he had done but he hated to admit it. He glared at Sage before turning his gaze downwards and mumbling under his breath, "I was angry and frustrated and didn't think it through."

Sage Hazzard
Dec 26th, 2001, 09:41:01 AM
Sage laughed.

"Well, that is, of course correct."

The Jedi Master walked closer to Zeke.

"Remember, this war, this fight.... it's not about emotions. There's no reason we should be fighting other than that they wish to kill us and everybody along side us. This whole war is self defense. We're constantly forced to walk the thin line between the Light Side and the Dark Side, but if you keep a cool head you won't fall into the Dark Abyss."

Sage silently tightened the grip on his stick.

"Also, the Light Side, if properly used, can be a powerful instrument in fighting. But calmness and peace with one's self is the key to controling it. I might seem like I'm your average Joe and I might talk like it. But I assure you that under this skin is an extremely well maintained emotional core."

The Jedi Master now raised his stick slightly, Zeke paying too much attention to the speech to notice.

"Do you have what it takes to have that core?"

The stick came swinging at Zeke Talen's legs....

Zeke Talen
Dec 26th, 2001, 06:28:10 PM
Zeke jumped at the last moment, letting the stick pass underneath him. "Yes." he answered, barely above a whisper. The boy had been affected by the speech, much to his dismay. Never one to feel comfortable with his feelings, Zeke took sudden intrest on a spot on the ground.

Sage Hazzard
Dec 28th, 2001, 10:37:10 AM
Sage scratched his head. A stick wasn't what was needed now.

"Okay... what's wrong?"

Zeke Talen
Dec 28th, 2001, 05:40:02 PM
Zeke looked up quickly. "Nothing, I'm fine."

Sage Hazzard
Dec 30th, 2001, 03:38:55 PM
Sage raised his stick.

"Then fight, boy. At this moment I'm a Dark sider trying to rip your head off! You MUST defend yourself."

He had to see the young man's talent if he would ever be able to train him.

Zeke Talen
Dec 31st, 2001, 05:09:38 AM
Zeke raised his stick and got into a defensive position. "Actually, if I welcome death I don't have to defend myself." This was said out loud but directed more to himself than the Master before him.

Sage Hazzard
Jan 2nd, 2002, 10:35:48 AM
Oh great, that's what he needed. Another Padawan wanting to die.

"You know, I heard that."

Sage faked a swing at the left of Zeke's head. The Padawan did his best to raise the stick in time, but the stick altered in mid air and landed on Talen's left side. Sage brought the stick back around and in front of him, waiting for Talen to recover.

"If you want to die, snap out of it. Becoming a Jedi will only increase your survival probability." The Jedi Master said with a smeark.

Zeke Talen
Jan 2nd, 2002, 05:51:07 PM
"I never said I wanted to die! I was speaking hypothetically. I don't want to die... But I'm not going to fight it if it comes." Zeke argued as he swung the stick upwards at the Master's chest.

Sage Hazzard
Jan 6th, 2002, 02:44:22 AM
Sage laughed as he grabbed the stick, stopping the fight for the moment.

"I don't care about your melodramatic sorrows!" Sage said, playing the part of the bad guy.

The plan was to anger him. To see how he reacted to real life encounters. Would he blow his lid? Or would he stay calm. Sage grabbed the stick away from Zeke. He now had two.

"Your opponent now has two weapons. The advantage goes to me. I suggest you think quickly."

Sage swung hard with the right stick at Zeke's head.

Zeke Talen
Jan 6th, 2002, 03:08:27 AM
Zeke still remembered the last hits he'd received and that had been when he'd had a stick to defend himself. "I don't care if you care...nobody asked you too!" he stated, ducking as the stick passed overhead. He waited to see where the next was aimed. The only thing on the young Talen's mind was avoiding the sticks...he wasn't in a hurry to feel them again.

Sage Hazzard
Jan 6th, 2002, 03:33:13 AM
Sage swung low with both of the sticks. They would eventually cross. They were aimed for the man's legs. Sage was hoping he'd attack back. A kick to the face would be a good opening, since Sage left it open to see if the boy's reflexes were sharp.

Zeke Talen
Jan 6th, 2002, 04:55:42 AM
Zeke did indeed see the opening. He jumped over the sticks and kicked out with his left foot. As he did so, a familiar pain in his right ankle shot out. The transmitter. Zeke bit his lip and managed to stay upright, but his kick was now off-balance.

Sage Hazzard
Jan 7th, 2002, 03:27:36 AM
Sage stopped and stepped back. What was wrong?

"What's the matter?" Sage could sense it was the right ankle. His view shifted there. "What's wrong?"

Zeke Talen
Jan 7th, 2002, 08:13:10 PM
Zeke moved his foot back unconsciously. "Nothing! I just...I twisted it." he lied, gripping his stick.
"I'm fine...let's just continue." He ignored the familiar sensation running up his leg and stepped forward again.

Sage Hazzard
Jan 9th, 2002, 02:34:02 AM
Sage gritted his teeth, displeased.

He stepped into a side attack. Zeke blocked well, but the attack was too strong. Sage was more powerful in strength then some other Jedi Masters, it was one of his specialties. Through the Force one can increase strength. The stick was thrown out of his hand.

Sage dropped his own stick and grabbed Zeke's right arm with his own right hand. He wasn't playing now. In reality, Zeke was no match for the Jedi Master. Sage pulled the arm, extending it. He then stepped forward, placed now at Zeke's rigth side. Sage's left fist backhanded Zeke's stomach.

As Zeke crouched over, Sage let go of the arm. He then slammed his right elbow into the back of the young Talen. He fell to the ground. Sage's face was now red hot. He stepped back.

"You, are lying to me!! I see right through you, Talen. Have you forgotten I am a Jedi Master?"

Sage bent low to the ground, looking Zeke in the eye as he lay there.

"Tell me the truth or you will suffer more beatings."

Zeke Talen
Jan 9th, 2002, 04:18:11 AM
Zeke stared at with an expression somewhere between shock and defiance. He was tempted to stick with his twisted ankle story but the look that Sage was giving him was enough to convince him otherwise. "There's a small transmitter in my ankle that gives off electric pulses that cause chemical imbalances. It was part of an experiment to see how different species reacted to it. The cops never figured out how to stop it completly. It's not a big deal so back off the subject." he muttered, glaring.

Sage Hazzard
Jan 9th, 2002, 06:30:56 PM
Sage grabbed him by the neck, pulling him up. He smashed his other hand into his jaw, sending him flying back.

"I am your Master, you will show me respect. You will tell me what I need to know, you will be forthcoming."

Sage picked up his stick again, slowly walking towards Zeke.

"Now, how is it implanted?"

Zeke Talen
Jan 9th, 2002, 09:25:47 PM
Zeke wanted to use some of the sayings he'd learned in spaceports but he dare not try it. Instead he silently shouted them in his mind.
"I don't know! I was unconcious when they did it. Sir." he added begrudgingly.

Sage Hazzard
Jan 10th, 2002, 10:54:06 AM
Sage sneered.

"Have you tried to remove it? Surely whoever has, knows of the trouble that comes when removal is attempted. Which indicates they have told you how it is installed and why they cannot remove it."

Zeke Talen
Jan 10th, 2002, 11:35:29 AM
"They never tried to remove it!" Zeke snapped.
"They had to get it to stop before I could leave the compound. Couldn't figure out how to, but the cops managed to make it safe for me to leave the place. Then they hauled me back to my parents. It was supposed to be surgically removed but I left before they could try it. Are you finished with the interogation?"

Sage Hazzard
Jan 12th, 2002, 03:54:45 AM
Sage ran towards Zeke. He got directly in his face, but never layed a hand on him.

"Then why don't I arrange to have it removed? Would that not be pleasant? Surely you'd rather have it out."

Zeke Talen
Jan 12th, 2002, 04:16:50 AM
Zeke stepped away from him and crossed his arms over his chest. "I'll pass. I can handle it myself." he licked his lips nervously before continuing, " The subject's closed. Leave it alone." He hated talking about the transmitter. It irritated him that Sage had made him tell. But what was really bothering Zeke was the fact that he was actually half-listening to the Master. He was afraid not too.

Sage Hazzard
Jan 13th, 2002, 04:16:45 AM
Sage had him by the collar before he could blink. He threw him down on the ground. Gritting his teeth and almost foaming at the mouth in anger, he looked down at Zeke. Still holding his collar, he shook him hard. His neck whipped like a rubber chicken.

"You are helpless against me! The Sith are no better, they are worse! If you have any disabling factor, it will cost you in the long run."

Sage pulled him up. Spinning both himself and him around, Sage threw him into a wall.

"I lost my father when I was ten years old, my mother at birth. I fended for my sister and myself after that. I enlisted in the army. I killed hundreds of people, just to hide who I really was. I was excaping myself and everything I had instilled in me by my father, a Jedi himself. I know what it's like to feel like your worthless, to feel alone. If that's anything like how your feeling, don't be afraid to talk about it."

Zeke Talen
Jan 13th, 2002, 05:14:16 AM
"Did it ever occur to you that I don't talk about it because I don't want to? Because I want to forget about it? I was doing fine! And you don't know how I'm feeling! Don't tell me not to be afraid to talk about it, because I'm not! I just don't like to! So leave the subject alone!" Zeke shouted at Sage, breathing fast and shakily.