PDA

View Full Version : Araia's training: Saber basics.

Nash Stolar
Jan 5th, 2002, 11:26:44 PM
*Nash walked into a training room, it was more then an hour and he was wondering araia was already there.. he was carrying a bag that was slung over his sholder, it looked heavy to most who looked at it..but also looked like it did not effect him in the slightest. He looked around slighty and did not see araia.. he guessed it was his fault for being late, he set the bag down in the middle of the room with a thud then used the force to signal his padawan that he was there and waited*

araia
Jan 5th, 2002, 11:32:05 PM
Araia rushed into the training room chiding herself privatly. She spotted her Master and hurried over, bowing when she got to him. "I'm...sorry...I'm sorry, I'm late." she panted.

Nash Stolar
Jan 5th, 2002, 11:42:31 PM
"Its alright, I guess we were both late."

*he smiled*

"Now we move onto the second part of training.. Do you have any questions about the last lessons or this current one?"

araia
Jan 5th, 2002, 11:47:00 PM
Araia smiled back and shook her head, tracing the six symbols she had carved on her lightsaber hilt with her finger. "No Master."

Nash Stolar
Jan 6th, 2002, 06:24:00 PM
*He nodded slighty and took his own saber out and ignited it..*

"Lets just warm up first.. get a feel for swinging a saber..*

*Nash slashed at the air a few times, the strokes were light and easy to copy to anyone*

"Just copy what I did.. Very little skill required.."

araia
Jan 6th, 2002, 06:30:31 PM
Araia ignited her own saber, and smiled as the violet blade came to life. She copied her Master's movements growing accustomed to the feel of the saber in her hand.
"Like this?" she asked.

Nash Stolar
Jan 7th, 2002, 09:55:31 PM
"Yes, good.. one last thing then we will start the actual training.."

*Nash got on one knee and dug into the pack he brought.. soon after a small bot floted up and started to hover around araia*

"Now, just take a few shots at hitting it, I just want to see how I should take the rest of the training with you. And don't worry .. it wont shoot back.. yet."

araia
Jan 10th, 2002, 09:28:12 PM
"Yet?" Araia echoed, keeping her eyes on the bot. She followed it's movements using the Force to sense it, rather than her eyes. After a moment she began to try hit it. The first few time times it evaded her but then she managed to land a hit. "Is that okay? I need improving."

Nash Stolar
Jan 11th, 2002, 03:34:29 PM
"Alright.. thats good.."

*Nash walked up and took the bot into his hands and started to play around with a few buttons untill it floated up again..*

"Now.. it will shoot back.. you will have to deflect the shots.. and find an opening to attack.."

*Nash watched as it floated around*

"Want me to give you a demo?"

araia
Jan 13th, 2002, 03:42:37 AM
Araia nodded. "Yes please,Master."

Nash Stolar
Jan 13th, 2002, 07:16:17 PM
"Alright.."

*Nash took out has saber and ignited the fine green blade with a swift move of his right hand, the bot hoverd around him, nash did not move to watch as it hoverd around, instead he used the force to sence its movements.. just to show off.. When it shot, a sleak movement with his saber hard to floow with the eyes deflected the shot.. It shot again and this time nash dodged the shot, he took one step back and threw his saber, it cleared a shot as the bot tryed to fire again then bored itself with in the bot and it fell to the ground with a clank and a small pop as the parts inside the small training bot sizzled, he called his saber back and cought it with his right hand, unignited it and put it under his cloak*

"Uh... maybe I went a little to far.."

*He got to the bag and activated another training bot*

"Well... I hope you got a basic of what you were sapost to do.."

araia
Jan 17th, 2002, 11:22:48 PM
Araia smiled. Before igniting her lightsaber she pulled her hair up out of the way. Usually it was kept down to hide the black tattoo burned into her shoulder.

She ignited her lightsaber and took a moment to calm herself. She watched the bot out of the corner of her eye, getting used to the way it moved. It was behind her now and it shot at her back. She swung the blase of her 'saber over her shoulder and deflected it, spinning around to face the bot as she did. The shots were more rapid now and Araia found it easier to defend herself when she didn't depend on her eyes. She still wasn't used to fighting but didn't flinch when a shot grazed her shoulder. It was nothing compared to past encounters.

After deflecting many shots Araia saw an opening and took it. She moved quickly so the bot would have less chance of shooting at her. She struck near the control console, disabling the hovering bot.

Araia switched her lightsaber off and rubbed her forehead. She was grinning in spite of herself. "Was that okay sir?" she asked Nash

Nash Stolar
Jan 17th, 2002, 11:44:41 PM
"Very good. That was well done... now for a little more advanced saber training."

*Nash walked up behind arain and and wraped a blindfold around her head so she could not see the new bot he get up*

"Use the force to see the bot, if you always trust your eyes you will get in trouble fast."

*Nash took a few safe steps back*

"Now..... start.."

araia
Jan 18th, 2002, 12:00:13 AM
Araia nodded and reached out with the Force, using it to widen her senses as she had learned. To her surprise, it was easier to use the Force rather than her eyes. It was a different view, almost another set of eyes.

She deflected the shots, concentrating on tracking the bot at the same time. It was harder than she would have guessed at first but when she concentrated she could do it.

After deflecting the many shots, she found an opening and took it, striking again at the control console. SHe didn't remove the blindfold, only stood waiting.

Nash Stolar
Jan 18th, 2002, 01:14:08 AM
*Nash walked up to her and removed the blindfold*

"You did good, now catch your breath this next part is really going to take it outta ya.."

*Nash went into the back storage room to get what was needed next*

araia
Jan 18th, 2002, 01:18:23 AM
Araia looked at him questionally as he walked into the storage room. She took some slow breathes and stretched her arms. she couldn't help but wonder what Nash meant.

Nash Stolar
Jan 18th, 2002, 09:32:35 PM
*Nash walked out of teh supply room with three attack droids behind him, but they were diffrent from the normal ones.. basicly because they were salvaged from junk heaps and armed with the lowest setting of stun guns.... The stoped following and formed a line in the middle of the room behind nash..*

"Advanced saber attack training will start shortly, I take it you never battled a droid before?"

araia
Jan 18th, 2002, 09:39:19 PM
Araia shook her head glancing with interest at the droids. "No sir...this is the first time I've battled, period."

Nash Stolar
Jan 18th, 2002, 09:46:28 PM
*he nodded*

"Battle droids have no fear or mercy, in a real battle they wont stop untill you are dead.. Luckly these droids weapons are teh most basic of basic stun guns and will only leave you num for awhile.. Now what I want you to do is similar to what you have done before. Block as many comming shots as you can and attack the droids when you find an opening, but as you see there is three of them so this will be alot harder.. Maybe using some of the force moves you know will help you out.... now start.."

*Nash moved to the side away from the droids and they almost instantly started to fire*

araia
Jan 18th, 2002, 10:02:40 PM
Araia didn't get the chance to nod, igniting her 'saber just in time to deflect the foray of shots directed at her. It was harder and she quickly saw that it would take more than just deflecting to defeat the droids. Using a Force push as Nash had taught her, she bought some time by knocking one of the droids back a few feet. She leapt over the other two narrowly dodging shots from both. As soon as she hit the ground she turned to deflect more shots, but wasn't quite quick enough and was hit by two of the stun shots.

Araia kicked out with her right leg, strengthening the movement with the Force and knocking one of the droids out of commission. The third droid was back again, shooting along with the other. *Two more to go...don't rush it* she reminded herself.

She decided to try and use the droids fire against them. Angling her 'saber as one of the droids fired she was able to direct it to the others control console. Sweat stung her eyes but she ignored it, concentrating on the task at hand.

With only one droid left it was easier but her fatigue slowed her down a little. After blocking a number of shots she attacked, bringing her lightsaber down and finally disabling the last droid.

Araia retracted the lilac blade, and wiped a hand across her forehead wearily. "That was challenging. I need to work on fighting skills...they aren't my strong point."

Nash Stolar
Jan 18th, 2002, 10:08:04 PM
*Nash clapped and smiled*

"That was very good, Now.. do you need a break or do you think you can finish up this last of the droid battling? I'm sure this will take the best outta ya.."

araia
Jan 18th, 2002, 10:16:01 PM
Araia thought for a moment. "I can do it." she said confidently.

Nash Stolar
Jan 18th, 2002, 10:23:41 PM
"Alright, I knew you would try."

*Nash went back into the room and got three more droids and they set out the same way the others did*

"These droids are alot more aggresive and have better aiming, There is a twist to this tho, jedi do not seek to kill so you will have to disarm these ones.. good luck."

*he moved outta the way again*