PDA

View Full Version : looking around

Sia Lan Darkheart
Nov 25th, 2001, 09:44:56 PM
(Sia-Lan walks around the temple. She came to the training area and glanced around. She saw several Padawans and Knights training in here. She stoped and walked in. She leaned up against one of the walls and watched them for a while. After a little, she stood up strait and walked over to a punching back. She took off her robe, under neath she had on a crop top shirt and biking shorts. She pulled on her cut off gloves and started punching and kicking the bag several times.)

Shade Magus
Nov 26th, 2001, 04:39:54 PM
The young Jedi padawan watched the young girl as she practiced on the punching bag and decided that he might as well go introduce himself since he was sitting there watching her. So he walked over to her, smiled and held out a welcoming hand.

"HEllo. My name is Shade Magus. Pleasure to meet you."

Akrabbim
Nov 26th, 2001, 05:15:10 PM
Akrabbim sees his new Padawan already in the training area when he arrives. He is pleased that the new student is so ready to begin training. He walks within a few feet of her and speaks.

Hello, Sia Lan. I am glad to see you have started warming up already. Would you like to begin training now, or would you like to finish your warm up?

Sia Lan Darkheart
Nov 26th, 2001, 11:36:42 PM
(Sia jumps slightly when she hears her masters words. She spins around and looks at him, then nods.)

I am ready.

(She looks at the other padawan.)

Hello. I am Sia-Lan

Shade Magus
Nov 26th, 2001, 11:51:48 PM
"Nice to meet you."

Shade looked at her master and bowed.

"Seening as how you would probaly like to be left alone to train I take my leave."

Shade bowed and turned to leave.

Sia Lan Darkheart
Nov 27th, 2001, 12:04:55 AM
(Sia watched him leave and turned back to her master.)

What do we start with, Sir?

Akrabbim
Nov 27th, 2001, 12:16:57 AM
Akrabbim bows to Shade, thanking him for his understanding. He turns back to his Padawan.

Let's start with your story. Tell me about yourself. Where are you from? Why do you want to be a Jedi? Why did you choose the GJO?

Sia Lan Darkheart
Nov 27th, 2001, 12:43:09 AM
(Sia looks a little unconfortable when he mentions her history. For her history isnt exactly the best kind for a jedi.)

Well, I come from Naboo. My parents built a house in one of the forests. I have learned a few things about the force from my parents. They had trained them selfs on how to use it. They taught me how to use a saber and a sword. Also how to fight with no wepon.

I want to become a jedi because, I think, jedi have more controle over the force than the sith do. I look up to the jedi for that. I was told to come here from my parents just befor they...

(She pauses a moment then starts again)

They said it was a good place to train. That I could become a jedi and be even better than them.

Akrabbim
Dec 1st, 2001, 09:40:03 PM
Nodding as she speaks, Akrabbim remembers his own past. He puts his hand on her shoulder to reassure her.

My past is rater checkered as well. My race is an evil, dark-dwelling race. They almost killed me just for trying to leave. Have no fear, the Jedi do not judge one's past.

Very well, let's get down to training. Let's start with what you already know. If you would, please give me a demonstration of what you learned from your parents.

Sia Lan Darkheart
Dec 3rd, 2001, 12:05:12 AM
(She nods slightly to her master then glances around the room. She closes her eyes and two rocks fly into the air. They then shoot at each other with deadly speed and smash in mid air. Sia opens her eyes as dust from the two rocks falls to the ground.)

Thats one thing. Another thing is sensing where people are through the force. This is the last thing.

(Sia looks down at her shadow and her masters shadow. They start moving with eather of their masters moving. They come together and form a black panther on the ground infront of her. Sia blinks once and the shadows jump back into the forms of their masters.)

Thats about it. I like playing around with shadows alot so I am really good at that one.

Akrabbim
Dec 4th, 2001, 02:34:44 AM
Interesting. Your last power reminds me of my own. Tell me, are the shadows you deal with real, or illusions? And if they are real, how are you accomplishing such a feat?

Sia Lan Darkheart
Dec 4th, 2001, 09:31:57 PM
As far as I know, they are real. My parents taught me to use it as a distraction during a battle. "If you see something large and dark coming at you and then some one around your size coming at you, which would you focus on?" is what they said.

Akrabbim
Dec 6th, 2001, 06:26:11 PM
My question is simply are they physical, do they have substance? Or are they merely walking shadow?

Sia Lan Darkheart
Dec 7th, 2001, 12:29:36 AM
Sorry. I think that they are just shadows or illusions.

Akrabbim
Dec 8th, 2001, 01:03:57 AM
Akrabbim's eyes brighten at the prospect of working with another illusionist.

Excellent! My strength is in illusions. I am very happy to meet another illusionist. Perhaps in time, you will be able to create other illusions. But even if you do not, you should be able to use that one technique very effictively. Let us begin, however, with something a bit easier.

The first technique is Force Speed. With this technique, the practitioner can move at incredible speeds.

Akrabbim begins to run away at normal speed. He suddenly puts on a burst, moving in a blur. He stops near Sia Lan and speaks.

To accomplish this, open yourself to the Force and run. Let the power flow into you, strengthening you, pushing you along.

Sia Lan Darkheart
Dec 8th, 2001, 01:16:38 AM
(Sia nods slightly. She starts runing then pushes the force into her legs and starts runing faster. She is normaly a fast runner, but this is far beond her normal speed. She runs back to her master.)

Like that?

(She is breathing slightly faster than normal but quickly slows her breathing.)

Akrabbim
Dec 13th, 2001, 01:12:48 PM
Very good! Since you seem to have aptitude in that area, let us continue on to a related technique. This is called the Force Jump. Again, you use the Force to power your legs, but this time you must concentrate the energy to release it in a short burst. Keep calm in midair, so that you can land correctly. Begin.

Sia Lan Darkheart
Dec 14th, 2001, 10:13:49 PM
hm.

(Sia thinks for a moment the closes her eyes, centering the force into her legs again. She crouches down, one foot behind the other. She springs into the air, jumping over 10 feet up. As she comes down she losses consentration and hits the ground, falling to one knee.)

Ouch.

Akrabbim
Dec 15th, 2001, 06:42:10 PM
Akrabbim runs toward his student, concern in his eyes. Fortunately, there is no real damage from the fall. He helps her gingerly to her feet.

Good jump, but your landing lacks... shall we say, polish. Very good for a first attempt, none the less. Are you able to try again?

Sia Lan Darkheart
Dec 16th, 2001, 04:52:44 AM
(Sia stands up. Her knee is a little sore but she's ok.)

Yea I think so.

(She atempts the jump agian, this time keeping concentration and landing perfectly. She turns to her master.)

Like that?

Akrabbim
Dec 16th, 2001, 08:32:14 PM
Nodding slightly, Akrabbim walks over to her.

Good. Always remember to hold your concentration... stay calm at all times. I am afraid I cannot help you with telekinesis. I have no aptitude whatsoever with the technique. However, I can help you develop your shadow illusions. Have you ever been able to manipulate anything other than shadows?

Sia Lan Darkheart
Dec 16th, 2001, 08:36:47 PM
no. not really.

(Sia thinks back, trying to scrap her mind of any other kind of shifting of shapes.)

Not that I know of.

Akrabbim
Dec 24th, 2001, 02:48:22 PM
Very well, then, we shall concentrate on your strengths. If you would, please, summon a shadow and hold it for a moment. I would like to test a few things.

OOC: Sorry for the long delay. Been busy.

Sia Lan Darkheart
Dec 24th, 2001, 04:16:47 PM
(Sia nods and looks at the shadows around her. She closes her eyes and pictures the room in her mind. She pulls some of the shadows away from their masters and forms them into a small x-wing.)

Akrabbim
Dec 26th, 2001, 02:59:32 AM
Chuckling slightly, Akrabbim stands and studies the illusion, passing his hand through it. It is indeed illusion; simply a very specialized version thereof. He performs a test with a counter-illusion. He focuses a small ball of light illusion. The ball floats into the X-Wing, and is engulfed.

Good, your illusion is rather coherent. Let's see its limits.

Akrabbim increases the intensity of the illusion, letting it grow in strength until it shatters the shadow image.

Very good indeed. The illusion has some strength to it. It should not be easily dispelled in battle. Now, let's see if we can't find some more uses for it. As a teacher of mine once said, "Do not fear the man who knows a thousand kicks. Instead, fear the man who knows one kick and practices it a thousand times a day." Thus, we should see how many ways you can implement this technique. First, let me see how large you can control a shadow. Then, show me the complexity of the shape you can create. Last, show me how dark you can make it.

Sia Lan Darkheart
Dec 27th, 2001, 12:17:18 AM
(Sia nods and pulls together all of the shadows in the room. They form into a ball that is twice as large as two banthas but lighter in color than a normal shadow. In the room out side of the shadow, it seems that light is coming from everywhere. Sia then relises the shadows and they return to their owners.

Sia then pulls the shadows from Akrabbim and herself. She forms a ball infront of her then starts shaping it with the force. A sword is created out of the shadows. It seems to have many jewles in the hilt and along the blade. They span from tiny ones to a large one on the bottome of the hilt. She alows the shadows to once again return.

With shaking hands, Sia once again starts on the shadows. She pulls all the shadows in the room together again and forms them into a ball no bigger than her own hand but as black as a night with no stars. She relises them for the last time to their master.

Sia drops to one knee and almost passes out from working on the shadows. Using the force for that takes alot of her energy.)

No matter how long I practice it, I cant keep it up for a long time without geting tired.

Akrabbim
Dec 29th, 2001, 02:22:59 PM
Very good, Sia Lan. I have a better understanding of your limitations now. Let us proceed to the applications thereof. I have an ability called Force Blindness. A very powerful blast of light is projected onto your enemy, thus rendering him sightless. I will demonstrate.

Akrabbim stretches out his hand, sending a shock of light into his Padawan's eyes. The light blinds her, stealing her sight. After a few moments, he dispels the blindness.

You see? Or more correctly, you don't see. I will teach you how to block such attacks later. For now, let's see if you can perform a similar feat with your shadows. Summon a ball of them and engulf my head, blocking my sight.

Sia Lan Darkheart
Dec 30th, 2001, 07:46:17 PM
(Sia-lan stands up and blinks once. She then brings together several of the shadows in the room and form them intoa ball around one foot in diameter. It is once again as dark as a star-less night. She forces it over to her master and it covers his head.)

Akrabbim
Dec 31st, 2001, 07:34:13 PM
Excellent. Now see if you can sort of target it on my head. In a fight, your opponent will not be so kind as to to hold still. You will also probably not be able to actively control the sphere, as doing so would take far too much concentration. Instead, try to lock on to my Force signature, so that the shadows stay there subconciously.

Sia Lan Darkheart
Jan 1st, 2002, 05:54:22 PM
(Sia-lan nods and picks up one of her other force ablities, sensing the force, and aims it on Akrabbim's force signiture. SHe keeps the shadow over his head as much as posable, still slightly tired from the three shadows she created befor.)

Akrabbim
Jan 2nd, 2002, 03:10:09 PM
Good. Take a break for a few minutes and rest. When you're done, I want to see if you can do something for me. If you can, create a replica of yourself, lightsaber and all, and make it move as if it were you.

Sia Lan Darkheart
Jan 4th, 2002, 04:46:33 PM
After a few moments of rest, Sia stands up and pulls some of the shadows in the room together. She then forms them into a figure that looks almost like her only with no color. She then makes the figure seem to pull out a light saber and activate it. Around the blade of the saber, Sia took out all shadows so that it seemed pure white. She has it walk around, slashing at the air around it.

Akrabbim
Jan 4th, 2002, 10:12:42 PM
The shadow golem wanders the room, faithfully imitating the size and shape of Sia-Lan. Her creation of a lightsaber is impressive as well. Akrabbim chuckles softly.

At least now there is no question of which color lightsaber you should use. I use a white saber myself, when I am not using my katana.

Akrabbim tosses his lightsaber to Sia Lan.

Ignite the blade, then cover yourself with shadow. At your current skill level, I doubt you will be able to control more than this, but this will have its uses. With this trick, there can be two of you in battle, causing a foe to divert his attention. Try it now.

Sia Lan Darkheart
Jan 5th, 2002, 02:21:02 AM
Sia nods slightly and activates the saber. She glances at her shadow-clone and then changes some of her focus onto the rest of the shadows around her. She expands some of the shadows around her so that they are covering her and she, herself seems like a shadow figure. She moves around and makes it so that the shadow-clone is almost mirroring her. She stops moving a moment and looks at her master.

"Like that?"

Akrabbim
Jan 5th, 2002, 02:40:46 PM
Excellent. I think you can see the obvious benefits of this ability. The shadows you use should mask your actual presence enough that your enemy will not know the real you from the false one. I'll leave you to think up other uses for your ability later. As for now, let us practice some swordplay. Have you ever used a lightsaber before?

Sia Lan Darkheart
Jan 6th, 2002, 08:42:37 PM
Sia lets the shadows go and looks at her master.

"A little. yes. My parents trained me with a lightsaber and a sword."

Akrabbim
Jan 7th, 2002, 02:22:33 AM
Very good. Let us begin. Use the lightsaber I just handed you, unless you have one of your own.

Akrabbim draws his quantum metal katana and levels it at his Padawan.

Attack. I will simply counter. But out of courtesy, try not to kill me, if you would.

Sia Lan Darkheart
Jan 7th, 2002, 02:29:55 AM
Sia nods and crouches down a moment with her saber. A moment of complet stillness, she springs to life in a suprise attack and slashes at his chest with the saber turned on low setting.

Akrabbim
Jan 12th, 2002, 03:09:38 PM
Akrabbim brings his sword up vertically to his chest, stepping sideways as he does. As the blades clash, he continues his movement, rolling around Sia-Lan. He throws a light elbow to her back as he finishes the movement, sending her a couple steps forward.

Sia Lan Darkheart
Jan 13th, 2002, 10:30:30 PM
Sia rolls out of the way of his attack and jumps back to her feet, spining around, bringing her saber to his neck.

Draken Chakara
Jan 16th, 2002, 08:53:32 PM
Akrabbim ducks the attack, slamming the hilt of his katana into her knee. The attack will leave a bruise, but he makes sure not to do too much damage.

OOC: You may wanna slow down your attacks a bit... that's a little much for a padawan.

Sia Lan Darkheart
Jan 18th, 2002, 03:35:06 AM
Sia-lan drops down after geting hit in the knee. She strugles to keep her emotions under control. She closes her eyes and keeps her anger down. The pain passes quickly and she stands back up.

"Sorry about that. It hit a tender spot. Ok."

Sia breaths in deep and brings her saber up to defensive, not wanting to take the next attack.

Akrabbim
Jan 26th, 2002, 10:59:05 PM
OOC: Sorry once again for the hideously long delay.

IC: The surge in anger is noticable... Akrabbim pauses to study his Padawan.

It's ok... it happens. Do not let the anger gain a foothold on you. Your saber skills are very good. Your parents taught you well. But you are forgetting one thing...

Akrabbim raises his hand, sending a quick blast of Force Blindness at Sia-Lan.

... your Force powers. They open an entire other realm of battle. Try them out, then we will rest.

Sia Lan Darkheart
Jan 29th, 2002, 12:45:48 AM
Sia-lan shakes her head and blinks a few times till the blindness leaves her. She nods to her master and glances around. She pulls many shadows to her. They cover her so that she seems like a shadow herself. Then several of the shadows seperate but seem to just step out of Sia. It is the same as what she had done befor. She circles Akrabbim as her "Clone" mirrors her moves. She then runs forward and strikes his right side with her saber at the same time the other one does it on his left. But he only feels it from the right side. Sia then jumps back and takes defensive position again, letting the shadows jump away.

Akrabbim
Jan 31st, 2002, 02:55:03 AM
Akrabbim parries her strike, then sheathes his katana as she returns to the center of the room.

Very good. You are employing your skills well. You may leave and rest now. Good work.

Akrabbim retrieves his lightsaber, and leaves the area.

Sia Lan Darkheart
Feb 13th, 2002, 04:51:30 PM
Sia watches her master leave the training grounds. She then retreaves her fallen items and walks out headed twards the LQ for a rest, not sure what was to happen now.