PDA

View Full Version : Hari...(the beginning of your training)

Satine Capashen
Feb 4th, 2002, 10:16:44 PM
Satine Capashen stands in the middle of his courtyard, his hair whipping up in the wind. He had sent a message to Hari, who was, basically, his new Padawan.

Hope she lasts longer than Obryn... the Warrior JEdi Knight thinks to himself, watching the doors for Hari's arrival.

Hari Rendale
Feb 5th, 2002, 12:46:59 AM
For the first time in years, she was truly clean. They had given her fresh clothes, and she had a shower of her own. It was amazing.

It felt so good. And she got breakfast! They didn't even make her pay for it.

"This is absolutely wonderful."

"Hey Satine, you wanted to see me?"

<table width="1%" border="0" bgcolor="#336699">
<tr>
<td>http://learndifferent.clanpages.com/hari/happy1.jpg</td>
<td>http://learndifferent.clanpages.com/hari/text.jpg</td>
</tr>
</table>

Satine Capashen
Feb 5th, 2002, 08:24:09 PM
Satine notices Hari's joy, and smiles.

"Enjoying your stay so far?" As Hari nods entusicastically (sp?) Satine laughs and motions for Hari to sit down, as he does so likewise.

"Now, How interested would you be in learning how to block out those pesky voices? I know it's not so bad here in the temples, but still, it probably gives you a headache..."

Hari Rendale
Feb 5th, 2002, 08:49:15 PM
"Its quiet here. Quieter than most places. But once I leave, its like a speeder factory, with a billion different things going on at the same time. It would be nice."

Satine Capashen
Feb 6th, 2002, 09:43:47 AM
"Well, let's get started then, shall we? The first thing you need to do is clear your mind. Once you've done this, imagine your mind as a fort or castle. As you do this, put walls all around your mind. These should, actually, work. Try."

Hari Rendale
Feb 7th, 2002, 02:20:30 PM
"Uh... ok." She had never seen a fort or a castle, but she did know of a secure place: Ridge's Storage. The heavy, reinforced doors, the solid, quarter meter reinforced ferrocrete. It could probably take a blast from a Star Destroyer.

Hari bought storage space. But what did a mind look like?

"Satine, whats my mind supposed to look like?"
<tr>
<td>http://learndifferent.clanpages.com/hari/meditate1.jpg</td>
</tr>
</table>

Satine Capashen
Feb 7th, 2002, 11:01:14 PM
"Hmmm...maybe that wasn't such a good example. Try this. Ok, from what I gather, Forcers like you who hear everyone's thoughts without any effort have super-expansive minds. Try pulling your mind inward, and seal yourself from everyone's thoughts. I'll send a few stray thoughts your way once you tell me you're ready."

Hari Rendale
Feb 8th, 2002, 02:06:59 AM
She was still confused, but decided to try it anyway. Hari tried to think that part of her was in a fireproof box, locked inside of Ridge's.

"Go ahead."

Satine Capashen
Feb 8th, 2002, 10:10:08 AM
Satine smiles, and sends some thoughts towards Hari, raising an eyebrow, and curiout to see if it works...

Hari Rendale
Feb 9th, 2002, 03:52:39 AM
...sfpppsspf sppefsfsss...

Seeming whispers drifted from Satine's mind. Hari concentrated more deeply, making her mind more secure, and they faded to silence.

"I can't hear it anymore."

Satine Capashen
Feb 9th, 2002, 11:44:59 PM
"Good. Let's try a little harder one."

Satine sends his thoughts more forcefully at Hari, making them much more intense too.

Hari Rendale
Feb 10th, 2002, 04:05:23 AM
Slowly, the intensity and volume of Satine's mental broadcast built. At first, it was tolerable, and even under control.

"Sat..."

That broke her concentration: his mental voiced boomed through Hari's thoughts like a dozen avalanches.

She screamed and then passed out.
<tr>
<td>http://learndifferent.clanpages.com/hari/pain1.jpg</td>
</tr>
</table>

Satine Capashen
Feb 10th, 2002, 04:26:01 PM
Satine tapers off the thoughts as Hari screams, and rushes to her side, concern evident on his face.

"Hari? Hari!"

Hari Rendale
Feb 10th, 2002, 11:35:52 PM
Hari groaned for a moment. Her head felt as if it had been used as a hammer. Slowly, she pushed herself off the floor.

"Frell that hurt. But I think I could be ok around most people now." The Padawan managed a smile.

Satine Capashen
Feb 11th, 2002, 10:48:22 AM
"well, we can test that soon enough. I'm glad you're ok, and I'm sorry for that. But onto other matters. How fast can you run with Force speed?"

Seeing Hari's confused look, Satine explains. "You use Force Speed every time you run really fast. To most people it loks a lot like you're just a blur from one spot to the other."

Hari Rendale
Feb 17th, 2002, 10:28:11 PM
She shrugged.

"I've no idea. I guess it only happens when I'm being chased."

Satine Capashen
Feb 17th, 2002, 10:51:13 PM
"Ah. I'll pursue that train of thought later. Now, onto one more thing. How well can you fight?"

At Hari's confused expression, Satine explains.

"Any apprentice I train will be able to defend themselves, and I want to know how well you can."

Hari Rendale
Feb 17th, 2002, 11:36:09 PM
"I usually run before fighting, but I have good aim." Hari sort of grinned to herself about the last part.

Satine Capashen
Feb 18th, 2002, 01:13:03 PM
"How well can you fight hand-to-hand?"

Hari Rendale
Feb 18th, 2002, 09:08:11 PM
She sighed. "Not very."

Satine Capashen
Feb 20th, 2002, 12:06:22 AM
"Then I'll teach you. First off is balance. The easiest fighting position keeps weight balanced evenly on both feet. Like this."

Satine demonstrates as he says this, going into what is sometimes referred to as a "Horse Stance."

Hari Rendale
Feb 20th, 2002, 12:34:45 AM
Hari neatly settled into the stance, a nearly perfect mimicry of Satine's.

One wasn't a successful thief without a small measure of body control, after all.

Satine Capashen
Feb 20th, 2002, 12:47:36 AM
"Good. Now, come after me. Charge, and attack with something."

Hari Rendale
Feb 20th, 2002, 12:56:07 AM
Around the room, there were various things on shelves and racks. One of the racks held sturdy sticks of various sizes. She retrived one that was about her height, and bore down on Alpha, moving a decent amount faster than someone her size and species should have been.

Satine Capashen
Feb 21st, 2002, 12:30:36 AM
Any other time and this would have been amusing. The 14 year old jedi grabs Hari's outstretched arm, and throws her to the gorund. He smiles and helps her back up.

"Nice, but you basically holocommed what you were going to do to me. You body gives it away. Try again, this time being less obvious."

Hari Rendale
Feb 21st, 2002, 01:47:50 AM
Hari ran at him again, just as fast. This time, she threw the stick at him half a second before she got there. Satine snatched the stick with one hand and suddenly, she planted a kick firmly into his stomach.

Satine Capashen
Feb 21st, 2002, 10:33:35 PM
Satine gasps for a second before breaking into a grin.

"Better. but you forgot to take back your weapon...you never leave one of your weapons in an enemy's hands."

As Hari looks for the stick, it floats behind her, and then hits the back of her knees, knocking her down.

Hari Rendale
Feb 22nd, 2002, 01:31:16 AM
Her blue eyes went wide with surprise as her knees hit the floor. Hari grabbed the sturdy stick and circled Satine, feigning an attack. occasionally. This continued for about a minute, when she pole-jumped off the floor into a flying kick.

Satine Capashen
Feb 22nd, 2002, 11:34:26 PM
Satine ducks under the kick, and grabs her foot, slamming her into the ground, and then motioning for her to attack again.

Hari Rendale
Feb 25th, 2002, 10:31:13 PM
She winced as she hit the ground again, but used the staff to break most of her fall. Hari suddenly spun, removing Satine's feet out from under him. With unnatural agility, she returned to her feet. The padawan twirled slightly, and slapped the stick across his chest.

Satine Capashen
Feb 25th, 2002, 11:08:06 PM
Satine can't help but laugh and smile as he looks up at Hari from the flat of his back.

"Very good."

Hari Rendale
Feb 26th, 2002, 01:24:51 AM
Hari panted slightly, and the adrenaline began to drain from her system. Pain became clearer, but she still smiled.

"Ow." She stuck her tounge out at him, and sat on the floor.

<tr>
<td>http://learndifferent.clanpages.com/hari/worn1.jpg</td>
</tr>
</table>

Satine Capashen
Feb 26th, 2002, 02:13:58 PM
"Well...you can hold your own against someone...though I wouldn't try it out for real for a while..."

Satine says, sitting up.

Hari Rendale
Feb 26th, 2002, 08:56:44 PM
Hari nodded, and jokingly poked him with the staff.

"Now what?"

Satine Capashen
Feb 27th, 2002, 05:11:03 PM
"I don't know. This is only my second time training so it's still new to me."

Satine thinks for a second, and then has an indea.

"Let's see how well your TK gifts are."

Hari Rendale
Feb 28th, 2002, 09:26:44 PM
"My what?" Hari blinked, clearly confused.

"Whats 'TK' mean?"

Satine Capashen
Feb 28th, 2002, 11:24:11 PM
"TK means telekinesis. It's the ability to move things with the Force."

As an example, Satine floats his lightsabre from his belt to his hand.

"I did that in the alley when a certain someone decided to play with my little toy here..." Satine says, smiling.

Hari Rendale
Mar 1st, 2002, 01:46:07 AM
"Oh." She began to breathe deeply, and closed her eyes.

Hari's mind completely focused on the saber: the smooth metal, the indentations of the grip, the subtle curve of the magnetic focuser. Her breathing slowed over the course of a minute.

She focused on the gems used to make the blade, the power cell, and the cruicial power relays that kept it running. Slowly, Hari raised her left hand.

Hari inhaled sharply, and the saber leapt from Satine's grasp. It hit her hand with a slap, and she grabbed it.

"Like that?" she said with a smile.

<tr>
<td>http://learndifferent.clanpages.com/hari/smile2.jpg</td>
</tr>
</table>

Satine Capashen
Mar 1st, 2002, 08:50:55 PM
Exactly like that" Satine says with a smile.

"You could be a pretty powerful Jedi Knight. Now, try something larger...Say....That boulder over there."

Satine points to a medium sized boulder, stepping back to watch. This shouldn't be that much of a challenge.

Hari Rendale
Mar 1st, 2002, 11:10:47 PM
"A Jedi Knight? Me?" Hari seemed more than a little disbelieving.

"Isn't that a bit... well... out there?"

Satine Capashen
Mar 4th, 2002, 12:42:25 AM
"Look to the future. It can sometimes be a powerful motivator. Now, try lifting that boulder."

Hari Rendale
Mar 4th, 2002, 01:08:04 AM
Hari again focused. The cracks and crevices, she knew every militmeter of the rock. It floated up a good foot before gravity was allowed to take over again.

She sighed slightly, and her face twisted to a frown. Again, the boulder floated upward, but much higher. With a flick of her eyes, Hari sent the boulder plummeting down at the ground. It impacted with a resounding crack, splitting it in two.

Satine Capashen
Mar 4th, 2002, 01:21:59 AM
Satine fails to hide his surpise and satisfaction at Hari's feat, and gives a small applause.

"Very nice. Very, very nice."

Hari Rendale
Mar 4th, 2002, 07:29:46 PM
yesssssss... you liked that didn't you?

Hari's mouth dropped open, and closed again.

Who are you? What do you want?

nottt now.

And then it was gone.

"I think I need a break, if thats ok?"

Satine Capashen
Mar 5th, 2002, 12:47:19 AM
Satine raised an eyebrow. Something seemed off.

"Sure. Take a few minutes. You've earned it."