PDA

View Full Version : Nobuo Hyde's Continued Training

Nichos Marr
Jan 5th, 2002, 04:58:56 PM
OOC: Continued from <a href=http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7764>A Lost Soul</a>

Nichos reflected on the past few days that had come to pass so quickly. He met a young man on Arcan IV, a planet controlled by the New Republic Special Forces. He'd promised to take this young man under his wing and teach him the ways of the Light Side. He didn't think this would be any different then the other Padawans he had trained in the past. Teka Kenobi and Dio Blackmoon had been two of his old Padawans. Teka was currently on a mission, and Dio's whereabouts were totally unknown.

He could sense the presence of Nobuo, not far from the training area. It seemed more like a martial arts dojo then a training area for Jedi. The floor was covered with protective mats as were some parts of the walls. It was of medium sized, nothing too huge but not as small as a classroom. Nichos preferred his training areas to be close to the outdoors, since not all training took place indoors. Jedi training was much more intricate then some thought. It required one to be taught knowledge, patience, enlightenment and defense. Nichos hoped that when they reached defense, he would be able to teach Nobuo the ancient Jedi art of Teras Kasi, lightsaber skills.

Nichos Marr had only a day to rest since he landed. Nobuo and himself ran into some trouble along the way, as a pirate group tried to capture or kill them. Combining their efforts in the Force, Nichos was able to control this man across the distances of their ships. He often did not like controlling others, but it was for the continued safety of not only his passenger and padawan, but his cargo. His delivery to the Jedi Order had been mostly food and equipment for the New Republic Special Forces.

Nobuo shows much promise, and we've already begun training. There is no telling how far he can go... Nichos thought to himself. He never had any problems with the Dark Side in his padawans, and he hoped to keep that record. How could one prepare for something like the Dark Side? It crept upand pretended to be a friend, an ally. It was long since Nichos rejected the Dark Side and its ways. Seduction to its side could be opposed with the simple fact that he hated harming innocent life. He would have to teach Nobuo the same. The importance of preserving life was a huge part of Nichos' goal.

He stood up and walked over to one of the few windows at either end of the room. Nichos poked his head through the door and peeked down the hall. No sign of Nobuo yet, but he was coming. The Jedi told Nobuo to rest in his new quarters and appear the next morning for training.

He cleared his thoughts and pushed out with the Force...He did not voice any words, but his emotion seemed to say "This way". Nobuo would hopefully sense him with what he learned on the ship. Nichos Marr could only wait and see...

Nobuo Hyde
Feb 8th, 2002, 10:44:00 PM
Finding the training area was quite easy. There were signs everywhere pointing the way, but finding the exact area where Nichos was... now that was a problem. The training area was large and full of rooms and areas where the Jedi honed their skills.

"He could be in any one of them" I thought as I continued walking down a long hallway. I searched every room down the passage, occasionaly interupting a class. I was surprised to find that there were classrooms in the traininig area. There were even young children. I was about to look into another room when I had felt it. A gut reaction or so it seemed, telling me where to go. A left down one passage into a small hallway, then a right, another right.... finally after a while I had finally found the right room. Nichos was waiting for me.

Nichos Marr
Mar 9th, 2002, 11:11:23 PM
"Nobuo, I trust your journey was not too difficult." Nichos flashed his Padawan learner a grin. For the past few minutes, he used his own sensing powers in the Force to interpret Nobuo's journey through the academy. It was a labyrinth, Nichos knew, but he didn't think it would be very hard for his Padawan to locate him. At some times, Nobuo was distancing himself from the area, and at others he was moving toward it. In about seven minutes, he finally showed up at the door.

With a wave of his right hand, Nichos beckoned the young man in. His expression was more cheerful than usual, but he was always this way when he had the chance to instruct a new Padawan. Before Nobuo he'd trained three others, and was currently still training one of those three. Two of his padawans had achieved Knighthood, and soon after both went missing. He pushed away the grim expressions and emotions that threatened to reveal themselves on his face. This was no time to dwell in the past, or the future for that matter. The success of Nobuo's training lay solely in Nichos' attention and focus on the present.

Nichos turned his head about forty five degrees to the side of the room and stared at a blue mat. A few moments later, it slid across the floor and stopped before his feet. The blue training mat was at least twenty feet long and ten feet thick. It would provide them enough room to sit and meditate, although it would be too small of a mat to spar on. Nichos firmly resolved that sparring was not exactly what he had in mind for his lesson plan. Before one could use the Force, they had to learn how to understand and feel it whenever and wherever. This was an important fact that Nichos felt it important to pass on to his Padawan.

"Sit down and calm your mind and your chest. You are safe on this sanctuary moon of Yavin IV." Nichos followed Nobuo in suit and sat down himself. He crossed his legs and put both of his hands together to form a triangle. The Jedi Knight sent waves of peace and solitude to his Padawan. "A Jedi is able to find his inner peace and dwell upon it. You will feel a slight change now, somewhat euphoric." The Jedi never blinked as he talked. One would grow mad just expecting him to blink, but for some reason his eyes did not comply. "Nobuo, find your inner peace and dwell on it. Concentrate on nothing else but what is inside of you."

The next five minutes were very silent as both put their concentration into meditation. The world in all of its essence drowned out of existence, until Nichos made a small sound with his fingers. His Padawan was summoned out of a near trance in the blink of an eye. The Jedi Knight simply smiled and nodded encouragingly to his Padawan.

"I can sense that your mind is calm and curious. This is good." Nichos Marr could feel the calmness in the room. It was a beautiful feeling that he rarely felt in the past seven months. "Now I would like for you to answer me a question. Do not just answer it with your mouth, but feel out the answer through the Force."

The Jedi paused.

"Which area of the Force do you want to specialize in?" He asked.

Nobuo Hyde
Mar 15th, 2002, 02:08:19 AM
The question caught me by surprise, I had not been aware that there were specialties in the Force. I almost lost my balance and fell backwards but had caught myself before it had happened, or should I say that Nichos had caught me. I felt an invisible hand on my back holding me up.

Nobuo smiled a curious smile at Nichos and nodded at him. "What specialties are there?"