PDA

View Full Version : The Birth of the Lupine Knight (Thanatos)

verse dawnstrider
Mar 6th, 2002, 06:12:10 PM
::Verse waits in the top of one of the Temples of Yavin 4. The wond blows through his long ash blong hair. His new padawan would be getting here soon. A Lupine. A cousin to the Garou race. In fact they were teh same, just went by different names. This boy was also son to Lord Vega. A Sith of ungodly power. It would be fun to see if the boy was better than the dad. Once trained as a Jedi, Verse had a good feeling he would be.::

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 7th, 2002, 03:20:57 PM
The trek to the top of the temple had taken him some time, yet he was not tired. A look of determination faded into one of happiness as he pulled himself up into view of his Master. He stood and stretched out his arms with a deep inhalation; the fresh air of the temple filling his lungs.

"Master," he said, nodding his head in respect.

verse dawnstrider
Mar 7th, 2002, 07:23:27 PM
::Verse returned the bow.::

"Greetings my pupil. I will start the lession now. I first wish to know what all you know about the Force. Can you use it any? If so, can you use teh Light Side of it?"

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 8th, 2002, 02:40:10 PM
Thanatos nodded and took in a deep breath as he thought on the question.

"Well ... I know the Force is controlled through emotions, and that it is in everything that is living."

He paused. Was he saying the right things? All he'd learnt about the Force had been in relation to the darkside.

"My father taught me a little of how to use the darkside to manipulate objects, but I've never used the lightside."

He bit down on his lip slightly, worried that his past experience with the darker side of the force was going to leave him at a disadvantage.

verse dawnstrider
Mar 9th, 2002, 01:39:56 AM
::Verse understood where the boy was coming from.::

"There is one thing I try to stress to my students. The past is the past. All you can do with it, is learn and move on. The Force is controled through emotions. Dark Jedi use hate and fear. Jedi use happiness and joy."

::Verse closed hs eyes and let teh Force flow through him. He felt pure and utter joy course through his body.::

"To touch the Light Side, you must clear your mind. Let nothing but good flow through you. Get in hate or fear out of yout mind. Just let it flow. You try."

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 9th, 2002, 06:10:35 AM
He listened to his Masters words carefully then nodded, easing his eyes shut. Thanatos tried to focus on nothing but the sounds of nature around him - the movements of wildlife and plants, the gentle swirling of the wind and the like. Each calmed him in their own way; though admitedly he was a very calm person already, he'd not inherited the same flamboyant rage that his older brother had.

As he meditated on the placid feelings, he opened his mind up. He'd learnt this simply from trying to relax or meditate, clearing yourself of thoughts and letting your mind wander and meander to wherever it pleased. The Force held him quickly, and sept slowly into his body making him aware of its presence and the presence of others.

verse dawnstrider
Mar 9th, 2002, 10:08:14 AM
"Great. Lets push this a little further. A quick 'Force Bath' if you will, can refresh you body from being tired and making things more clear. I want you to simply let as much as teh Force rush through you in it's Purest form."

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 10th, 2002, 06:21:33 AM
Thanatos smiled slightly at the term Force Bath. He'd not imagined there were such things - perhaps there was a Force soap aswell? - that one could learn.

"Ok, let's see..."

As he had before, he cleared his mind. Some might have attributed his ease in doing this to a lack in intelligence - that his mind was already empty, but really it was just out of pratice. Back at the Empire he'd done it to keep out the things around him, and it had become a natural thing to do.

He let the Force come to him again, and it sept through, into and form his very being, it's concentration rising with each minute that passed. After almost 10 minutes, Thanatos gave a very soft nod indicatin that he thought he'd accomplished the task.

verse dawnstrider
Mar 10th, 2002, 02:14:43 PM
::Verse nodded.::

"I want you to breath deep. The next part may be much harder."

::Verse started taking slow, deep breaths as well. He let the Force flow through him too.::

"You may have noticed taht you can feel the things around you. I want you to expand that. With the Force push you mind outward. Expand your sence of thought. We shall call this the Sphere of Responsiblity. It will allow you to feel everything around you. Try this."

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 10th, 2002, 02:25:26 PM
Thanatos began to regulate his breathing, slowing the rate at which he inhaled and exhaled to a lethargic pace. As he did this, he began to picture something in his mind - an aura around himself, like a bright white dome of light. This, to him, represented the range in which he could sense life.

The strong presence of the Force within him churned, and his mind wracked as he tried to work out how to slowly begin expanding the dome. A sense of peace filled him, yet this problem nagged at his subconsious.

Slowly, mentally, he began to work at shifting the range. It took some effort - he stood stock still focus upon the task for a long while, pushing slowly, bit by bit as he managed to get a little distance in. Once he had begun, he seemed to flow naturally and the brilliant sphere burst outwards in a swirl of bright light. It surrounding Thanatos, Verse, and the area around them with the safe glow it had.

The Padawan opened his eyes to see the real world once more and though the white light was not present, he could still feel the extent of the 'Sphere of Responsibility'.

verse dawnstrider
Mar 10th, 2002, 03:44:22 PM
::Verse clapped softly.::

"This will allow you sence all around you and focus on the things in areas around you. Now lets try to focus on things. With you mind, you can feel teh Force around other things. You can cause thins to move."

::Verse looked at a rock near-by. He reached out to it with the Force. He felt the Force around it. He lifted it into the air and placed it down.::

"You try. Focus on it."

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 16th, 2002, 09:29:46 AM
Thanatos grinned and nodded towards the rock, lifting it up into the air. It danced about gently before Verse's eyes.

"Master - I already know how to do this, my father taught me!"

verse dawnstrider
Mar 16th, 2002, 05:50:31 PM
"Ah, so you wish to do the more Advanced stuff. Tell me. What Branch of teh Force do you wish to MAster. Mentalist, Healer, Seer, or Elementist?"

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 17th, 2002, 07:52:53 AM
"What does each of them entail, Master?"

verse dawnstrider
Mar 17th, 2002, 02:22:22 PM
"Mentalist work with the Mind. Healers use the Force in medical areas. Seer's see what others do not. That includes past, present, and the Future. Elementist are connected to nature with the Force."

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 18th, 2002, 01:56:32 PM
"I'd like to focus on becoming a Seer.. Master."

verse dawnstrider
Mar 18th, 2002, 08:08:23 PM
::Verse nodded.::

"I do not think there are any Seer's here. You will be one of a kind. Most are Menalist, like myself, or Healers. Seers require meditaion mostly. You must not only open you mind up to the part of the Force that holds the present together, but the part that holds the past and future as well."

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 19th, 2002, 02:01:30 PM
Thanatos gave a nod.

"I'd definetly like to look into that ... seeing the past and future would be most useful for both myself and the Order."

verse dawnstrider
Mar 20th, 2002, 07:08:37 PM
"We will pratice that later. First, let keep working on your mastery of the Force. How are you with a Light Saber?"

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 22nd, 2002, 01:45:31 PM
"I have a saber... but I've not learnt much of how to use it. I was just beginning when I left the TSE HQ..."

verse dawnstrider
Mar 23rd, 2002, 08:38:22 PM
::Verse ignited his Confederate Grey blade.::

"Then we shall start there. First we will go with blocks. Then I will put you against a pratice orb."

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 24th, 2002, 09:18:48 AM
Thanatos removed the lightsaber hilt that he had in his pocket and gripped it in his right hand. A brilliant red beam shot to life as he depressed the ignition switch, with a deep snap-hiss.

"Ok."

He stared at his Master, awaiting instruction.

verse dawnstrider
Mar 28th, 2002, 08:20:35 PM
::Verse held his saber in a Reverse grip. He cut on a small orb-shaped Droid. It floated zipping around.::

"This is a training droid. It will blast small energy beams that sting like the nine-hells. It will do little damage. You can't feel it with the Force. It is not organic. You can feel it move through the Force though. That and the beams. You can sence them that way."

::The drois shota blast at Verse. He felt the dart zip though the air. He spun his blade in a figure 8 catching the first dart as well as a second on. The second caught a sensor on the top of the droid. It fell deactivated with a thud. verse ct it back on.::

"Hit the sensor to cut it off. Let the Force guide what you do. You try."

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 29th, 2002, 06:51:46 AM
The small droid was once again activated and spun with a whir to face Thanatos. He stared at it as inside it processed what it was meant to be doing. Within two seconds it was once again firing, sending four shots at the Padawan. Thanatos swept his saber up in a phasing shield of red to deflect the first shot off erratically. The second came towards his legs, and he jumped up in the air, only to find the third sailing towards his face. Grimacing, he yanked his beam upwards in a horizontal defence over his head, barely escaping the shot.

Hitting the floor, the final shot came and scathed his leg as he dodged to the side. He let out a gasp as the pain seered in his leg.

"Arrgg..."

verse dawnstrider
Apr 4th, 2002, 12:17:24 PM
"Next lession. Block out the pain with the Force. Channel the Force to your injury and stop the pain. Then get up and try again."

Thanatos VanDerveld
Apr 5th, 2002, 05:41:32 AM
He nodded and closed his eyes. The training to become a Jedi was exactly as he had expected - the total opposite of Sith training. He was having to revert what little his father and brother had practiced with him awfully quickly, and it was prooving to be tricky. Never the less, he began trying to push the Force into his wound to cease the stinging.

In his mind, he pictured the burn from the shot. His face twisted somewhat as he concentrated. For a moment, the pain escalated then suddenly became dampened as the Force worked it's 'magic' on it.

"Ok," he murmured to himself, reassuring himself that he was alright.

Thanatos looked then back to the droid. It bleeped on once more, and the Jedi Padawan took his saber up into two hands ready for the shots. As soon as the first was fired, he dodged it with a quick jump. The next close range volley were all deflected one after another, until on the final shot by sheer fluke one of the repelled bolts struck the droid in the side and caused it to spin and spew out smoke.

verse dawnstrider
Apr 5th, 2002, 03:38:05 PM
"Wonderful. You seem to more skilled with a saber than you let people believe. Let us work with teh Force some more sence you can wield the saber. Nature is close to a Garou's heart. Gaia surrounds us. A Light Sider can talkt o natural and ask for it's help. Think you can do it without me telling you how?"

Thanatos VanDerveld
Apr 6th, 2002, 06:21:37 AM
"Talk to nature? I'm not sure how, Master."

Thanatos brought his free hand up to the back of his neck, rubbing the nape nervously.

"I've not learnt much about Gaia and the Garou either ... "

His father had neglected the Garou, and considered them to be a subclass of the Lupine. It was quite obvious that they were very similiar, if not the same, though.

verse dawnstrider
Apr 6th, 2002, 02:53:12 PM
::Verse smiled.::

"Gaia is what we call the spirt of the Planet. Reach out and with the Force and let your mind connect with the nature around you. Once you do so, you will understand."

Thanatos VanDerveld
Apr 7th, 2002, 06:21:33 AM
For a second or two, he smirked. This would probably just be like the reverse of Sith training, again. Tapping into the emotions that you and others felt to try and amplify your own abilities. Nodding, Thanatos began to concentrate. He wasn't quite sure he'd go about this, but still he had to try.

A few minutes passed and he had made no progress, but then he began to feel the what Verse had spoken of, or atleast he thought it was that. It was similar to the Force, though it appeared to be one unified spirit, a great astral body - Gaia.

Squinting a bit, he nodded lightly as he knelt down, putting one hand to the ground - he could feel it within the earth.

verse dawnstrider
Apr 7th, 2002, 02:34:51 PM
::Verse smiled.::

"Try and speak to the animals now. YOu are able to tap into the primal energy of nature now. Lets see if you can speak with her children."

Thanatos VanDerveld
Apr 8th, 2002, 03:37:40 AM
"Animals, Master? Which animals?"

Thanatos looked around - there was none in sight.

verse dawnstrider
Apr 8th, 2002, 09:07:51 PM
::Verse grinned.::

"Th3 fleas in your cloths, the ants in the walls, everything. They are here, but they will not let you see them."

Thanatos VanDerveld
Apr 9th, 2002, 04:27:27 AM
Thanatos laughed quietly and nodded. A wide smile covered his lips as he thought about talking to the animals, though he let this fade as he began to think hard. As has Master had instructed, he let Gaia come into his mind once more and began to use it as a means of communication. Almost immeadiately he could hear a soft chirping, then a little gnatter followed by far off roars. His eyes snapped open, a little shocked.

verse dawnstrider
Apr 16th, 2002, 09:27:26 AM
::Verse smiled::

"When it rains, it pours. Eh? You can tune into the primal energies of the Earth now. Lets see what you can do on your own. Surprise me."

Thanatos VanDerveld
Apr 21st, 2002, 06:41:24 AM
"I don't understand, Master..."

Thanatos sighed. He felt like such an idiot.