PDA

View Full Version : A New Light- Training of Tyr Anasazzi

Falcon Gyndar
Feb 26th, 2002, 12:14:12 AM
Falcon arrives at the Academy, and stands in the vast open space where so many have trained over many, many years, and awaits his first padawan: Tyr Anasazzi

Tyr Anasazzi
Feb 26th, 2002, 01:26:44 AM
* Entering the Academy he makes his way over to his new Master. Lowering his head he speaks *

I am here, Master.

Falcon Gyndar
Feb 26th, 2002, 04:56:13 PM
Falcon looks upon the man who is his padawan...

"Lift your eyes, Tyr Anasazzi. Today we begin your training."

The Jedi Knight stands silently, watching as Tyr moves his gaze upward, to face his master.

"We will not dwell into the domain of physical and mental training just yet. For now, I wish to ask a few questions, and gain information about you. So, the first is:

Tell me about yourself. Your past...

Tell me where you see yourself eventually, remembering that the future has many directions, and it is not always definite, what are your goals?

Finally, in this set of questions, What area of the Jedi ways do you wish to focus on(Like healing, combat, meditation, etc...)? Please, do not feel rushed to answer these questions. It is not as if we lack time to train."

Tyr Anasazzi
Feb 27th, 2002, 06:07:12 PM
I have thought about these questions much over the past few years. My early childhood was that of any other small boy of that age, but my teen years is a whole different story, by age sixteen I had already ran away from home and joined the military. After only two years I was removed from my station due to being a minor and sent back to live with my parents. Having dishonored them they sent me out to live on my own.

After that I fell in with a rough croud, mainly just thugs and common theives. By age twenty I had already been in prison twice, the last time the gang was broken up due to everyone going to prison.

A year later I became a Mercanary, a hired gun. I was good at what I did and I had no thought of leaving anytime soon, but it seems fate had a different plan. My world was in the middle of a civil war, the leader had died had te rival prides were stuggling for power, My pride, my father would have been the leader, but our allies betrayed us at the last minute and we were left to stand alone....we were slautered, killed with out mercy. The only reason I survived is I was knocked uncontious by my father and loaded on my ship and was taken into deep space.

* Takes a deep breath *

I'd like to see myself as a great Jedi Knight, helping the galaxy. I'd like to focus on every aspect of ther Jedi

Falcon Gyndar
Mar 1st, 2002, 04:21:13 PM
"Very good. Very good. What is the Force to you?"

Tyr Anasazzi
Mar 1st, 2002, 11:11:38 PM
The Force is everything, it is with in us all, some more then others it seems.

Falcon Gyndar
Mar 6th, 2002, 04:57:04 PM
He nods

"Have you ever had any training of any kind before? If so, what?"

Tyr Anasazzi
Mar 7th, 2002, 12:27:40 AM
Mostly just comabt training, during my time as a Merc and while I was in the military I was trained in combat, all sorts of fighting. Hand to Hand as well as with weapons.

Falcon Gyndar
Mar 11th, 2002, 05:03:31 PM
Falcon smiles...

"Ah. So I shall see these skills when you spar...hmm..[/i]

Falcon hops up onto a fallen tree.

"Sit, please."

Falcon watches as Tyr seats himself on a nearby stump.

"Now, close your eyes, and relax. Look aound not with your eyes, but your ears, nose, skin, mouth...taste the sweet scent of the forests of this place. Feel its temperature, and the soft breezes.Feel the life around you. Feel the Force."

He watches as his padawan looks around without his eyes.

"Without looking...without using your eyes, tell me what you see. Describe it. What you smell, what you hear and taste..most of all, what you feel around you. What you see with the Force."

Tyr Anasazzi
Mar 23rd, 2002, 03:22:26 AM
* Tyr takes a deep breath and begins to speak *

" The air.....its sweet. I hear a heart beat not yours nor mine, but of an animal...

* Tyrs left hand springs out to the side, pointing at something, just then a small furry creature runs past *

" It was there. It has rained recently and will do so again soon. I can hear the trees whisper to each other. This is a place of happiness, I can feel it. "

ooc: Sorry for the delay, Bah RL cought up with me.

Falcon Gyndar
Apr 4th, 2002, 04:38:47 PM
OOC: Sorry I haven't been around...haven't had access to a computer for a while. but I'm back!
-Falcon

IC:

Falcon nods.

"Yes. I felt it too. I can smell the coming of rain on the air. It is an unmistakable scent. The nose is very reliable, and can be accurate, if you know how to look for the scent."

Falcon smells the air

"The rain will not come for another day, perhaps a bit less. The scent is not too strong. With these things, we learn not to rely too heavily on the Force. Although it is a great ally, we will find ourselves in situations where it cannot help us. Where the conditions have left that sense blind. Have you experienced this or heard of any situations like this? Tell me if you have."

Tyr Anasazzi
Apr 8th, 2002, 05:13:40 PM
ooc: n/p, I'm back as well.

* Tyr thought about it for a moment and then nodded his head. He thought back to the smell of the rain. It pleased him so. *

" Yes, at points it seems the Force leaves me and I know not why. I do know though that there is a small creature which nullifies the Force. I have not ran into it, or not that I know of. I suppose I am not yet strong in the Force, that might be the reason it leaves me. "

Falcon Gyndar
Apr 9th, 2002, 04:54:11 PM
Falcon smiles, and gives his padawan a serious look...

"You are fortunate you have. That may sound funny that I say that, but it does teach us that no matter how important and useful a tool the Force is, we may not always have it...at our fingertips...so to speak."

Now, with a change of pace, he starts into a new subject. He produces a small, metallic ball from his pocket, and his ever-trusty enhanced datapad. He holds out his palm, for Tyr to look.

"This ball is a useful training tool, from my home. Its signal brodcasts only to my datapad. It gives percentages on your progress as to force used, et cetera. It can also vary in weight, depending how I tune the field."

He places it on a small, flat rock formation.

"What I would like you to do now, is lift the ball with the Force."

Falcon watches with his excellent observer's senses...

Tyr Anasazzi
Apr 10th, 2002, 06:18:56 PM
Yes Master

* Tyr slowly walks up to where the ball is sitting, he stops just in front of it. He calms himself and begins to concentrate. At first the ball does nothing, Tyr flinches his teeth. The ball slowly rises, only about a foot or so. He smiles and holds it there for a few moments, he lifts his hand and the ball sores into the air *

Falcon Gyndar
Apr 16th, 2002, 05:22:43 PM
"Excellent."

Glancing at the datapad again, Falcon reports the results.

"At first, you found you could not direct the Force to do the task, but quickly realizing this, you changed your point of view and focus, and with little effort, did what had needed doing. Well done, Tyr."

Moving one finger across the datapad screen, Falcon then looks at his padawan, who is realizing the sudden change in weight of the training ball, towards the heavier.

"I have just changed the weight of the ball. What I want you to do is compensate for the changes."

The Jedi Knight started fluctuating the weight on the large and small scale. Another small, important lesson in the Force...

Tyr Anasazzi
Apr 17th, 2002, 02:58:00 AM
* Tyr almost lost the sphere do to the unexpected weight change, but he soon regained control, though still low to the ground. Tyr hated to fail, so he would do all in his power not to. The sphere slowly began to rise, first to his knees, but after several seconds and hard work the sphere stands at eye level *

" Master, how do I strengthen myself in the Force? "

Falcon Gyndar
Apr 22nd, 2002, 03:05:32 PM
"Seek it out. Explore its depths. Exercise your powers appropriately. Be wary of the dark side, my padawan. We strongly wish that you do not fall into its grasp. Know that the Force is a strong ally, but at the same time, do not depend fully on it, or your physical strength may go to waste. That must also be excercised. Does this answer satisfy you, Tyr? Ask any question you need."

Tyr Anasazzi
Apr 24th, 2002, 03:51:45 PM
" Yes Master. Is the Dark Side powerful? Why do we not use anger to aid us in our fight against Evil, can we not control it? "

Falcon Gyndar
Apr 26th, 2002, 09:27:57 PM
He shakes his head...

"Anger must not be used. The Dark Side may seem more powerful, but because it uses anger, it is easier, more seductive. Many suffer at its hands. It is destructive. I advise against it. Places like Alderaan no longer exist due to its part."

Tyr Anasazzi
May 3rd, 2002, 09:42:19 PM
* Tyr bows slightly to his Master *

" Yes Master, I understand. May we continue to train? "