PDA

View Full Version : Training a Child. (Natia.)

Sia Lan Darkheart
Mar 15th, 2002, 12:32:14 PM
Sia-lan Darkheart walks into the training grounds. The jedi knight awaits her young apprentice in there. A small bundle is held in her arms and moves around a bit. Sia faces the door way with the hood of her robe down. The small bundle makes a sound and Sia hushes it while she waits in silence.

Natia Lerf
Mar 15th, 2002, 01:48:48 PM
*Natia slowly hobbles into the training grounds with the assistance of her crutches. She is looking slightly nervous as she stops for a moment and looks around for Sia. Upon seeing her, she slowly makes her way over to her. When there she stops about 2 meters away from Sia. She balances her weight slightly and tugs on her light blue shirt to stop it from twisting around. Keeping her eyes on the ground she speaks in a soft whisper, almost as if she's scared*

I'm here.

*Natia glances up at Sia with her ice blue eyes and smiles slightly*

Sia Lan Darkheart
Mar 15th, 2002, 10:13:26 PM
Sia looks at the young girl and smiles. She then walks over to her and lifts her head up with one hand while balanceing the bundle in her other hand.

"You dont have to look down. I am not one to be scared of." Sia says to her. At that moment, a small pink nose pokes its way out of the blanket Sia has. Following the nose is the head of a small kitten that is black and white spoted. It jumps out of the bundle of blankets and sniffs Natia. It then starts to rub up against her leg and purring lightly. Sia smiles again.

"Thats your surprise." She says to Natia.

Natia Lerf
Mar 16th, 2002, 01:07:11 PM
*Natia nods her head and when she sees the pink nose poking its way out of the blanket and then the head of a black and white spotted kitten, she gets a look of pure delight on her face. Upon hearing that the kitten is for her, the smile on her face gets even bigger*

You mean it Sia, the kittens for me??

*Natia keeps smiling as she sees the kitten jump to the ground from the blanket and goes to sniff her. She looks up at Sia, a look of pure joy and happiness on her face*

Thank-you Sia. Thank-you so much.

*Natia's smile slowly fades from her face as she quickly looks down at the ground, eyes closed as if she has just done something wrong*

Sia Lan Darkheart
Mar 16th, 2002, 02:16:12 PM
"Why do you look away? You have done nothing wrong." Sia asks the young girl. Another questions comes up and Sia speeks again. "Natia tell me what you know of the force and of any force ablities you have found?" She asks softly.

Natia Lerf
Mar 16th, 2002, 09:21:03 PM
*Natia looks up at Sia cautiously*

I thought I had done something wrong. I had said a couple of words I'm not supposed to say, therefore I should be punished.

I know very little of the Force. Just what my legal guardian has told me and that it is something that you use and control. You make it do what you want it to and that it is the easiest way to kill somebody. He also said something about me having strong force potential, but I don't know what that means.

*Natia looks down at the ground again, thinking back to when her Father died*

I do not know what force abilities I have, and I don't know if this is related or not, but it has to do with when my Father died. Before he died, he had been beating me as per usual. But that day I was angry with him for not letting me do what I want to do. After beating me for awhile, Father's eyes widened in a look of shock and pain. After that, he collapsed to the ground and in about two minutes he was dead.

*Natia lowers her voice to a whisper*

I have dreamed of that day for years now and

*Natia takes a deep breath and continues talking in a whisper*

And I know I killed my Father because there was no one else around who could have. I don't know how I did it, but I know I killed him.

Sia Lan Darkheart
Mar 17th, 2002, 03:14:55 AM
Sia-lan nods slightly as she hears her padawans story. She lays her hand on Natia's sholder.

"Its ok. I as well have a bit of darkness in my past. I was raised by my parents to be a dark jedi. But that is in the past. Why don't we start with some of the basics ok?" Sia says to Natia.

Sia pulls out a metal sphere from her pocket. She reaches out with the force and the sphere starts to float into the air. It then rests in her hand again.

"Focus on the sphere and imagin it floating in the air. If it helps, close your eyes."

Natia Lerf
Mar 17th, 2002, 04:22:03 PM
*Natia nods her head slightly*

Ok.

Sia, after I have some training, do you think I might be able to use the force to help me around instead of crutches??

*Natia looks at the sphere and imagines it floating in the air. While she is doing this, she also remembers some strange dreams she had a short while ago. She closes her eyes and continues to imagine the sphere floating in the air. After only a couple of seconds though, her eyes open quickly as if she is scared and she stops imagining the sphere floating*

No, it can't be.

*Natia looks at Sia with a scared look on her face*

Sia Lan Darkheart
Mar 18th, 2002, 12:39:32 AM
Sia thought a moment at the childs questions.

"I belive in time you might be able to."

Sia smiles as the sphere starts hovering in the air above her hand. But soon after the ball drops and Sia's quick reflexes catch it befor it hits the ground. Sia looks at her scared apprentice.

"Whats wrong?" Sia asks, placing her hand on Natia's sholder. "Natia? Are you ok?"

Natia Lerf
Mar 18th, 2002, 01:30:53 PM
*Natia takes a few quick breaths and continues looking at Sia*

Sia, is it possible to feel when the spirit of somebody is around you??

*Natia turns her gaze to the ground, happy that she has finally asked a question that she has wanted to ask for a long time now, but scared of what the answer will be*

Sia Lan Darkheart
Mar 19th, 2002, 12:36:54 PM
"It is not unknown of but I belive that there are cirtain cercumstances that must but taken. I think the "ghost" would have to be a force user during life." Sia says to Natia. "Why do you ask?" Sia watches as the small kitten lightly leaps up onto Natia's sholders and lays down there with its hind legs on one side of her neck and its front on the other. It licks Natia's face.

Natia Lerf
Mar 19th, 2002, 01:21:58 PM
*Natia shrugs slightly and then smiles as the cat jumps up onto her shoulders*

No reason, just remembering a dream I had a short while ago.

*Natia looks up at Sia and smiles*

Can we get back to the training please??

*Natia still has a scared look on her face as she says this*

Sia Lan Darkheart
Mar 21st, 2002, 12:27:39 PM
Sia nods slightly.

"Ok now i'm going to show you how to throw things with the force." Sia says.

Sia picks up the sphere again and uses the force to make it hover in the air. She then shoots it off in another direction. She then uses the force to bring a rock up and hit the sphere. It ricishays off and back into Sia's hand. She hands Natia the sphere.

"Its the same as making it hover only making it move farther. Think you can do it?"

Natia Lerf
Mar 21st, 2002, 08:53:30 PM
*Natia looks at the sphere and shifts her weight slightly so she doesn't disturb the cat and so she won't fall over. She carefully lifts one of her hands from one of her crutches and takes the sphere*

So, all I have to do is imagine the sphere moving around instead of just floating in the air like before. I will try, but I don't think I will manage it since I can't even manage to get it floating.

*Natia closes her eyes and imagines the sphere hovering in mid air, just above her hand. She then imagines the sphere gently moving away from the spot immediatly above her hand*

Sia Lan Darkheart
Mar 25th, 2002, 12:35:39 PM
Sia watches as the ball flys arround the room and heads straight for her. She quickly stops it an inch from her face with the force and takes the ball out of the air.

"That was very good. Ok next thing I am going to teach you is a bit harder to learn. Its how to sense where other force users are. Think you can handle it?"

Sia stands up and steps backwards into the shadows around the room. She seems to dissappear all together and she moves around silently. She gets to a set location and speeks to Natia through the force.

< Ok all you have to do is to reach out with the force and try to find me. It might take a moment but go head and try. > She says to Natia.

Natia Lerf
Mar 25th, 2002, 07:12:52 PM
*Natia opens her eyes as she feels the ball taken from her grasp and she looks at Sia. She nods slightly and then watches as Sia seems to disappear. Then looking around, she tries to spot Sia with her eyes. After a moment, she remembers that she is here to learn to use the Force. She then closes her eyes and reaches out through the Force to see if she can locate Sia while mumbling to herself*

I sure hope I can do this.

Sia Lan Darkheart
Mar 25th, 2002, 10:11:52 PM
Sia stood motionless and awaited for her padawan to come and find her. A bit of hide and seek she guessed. She kept her force signiture open so that Natia could find her easily.

Natia Lerf
Mar 26th, 2002, 02:42:45 PM
*Natia keeps reaching out through the Force to try and find Sia. After a couple of moments she opens her eyes and points just left of Sia*

Are you over there??

*Natia hopes that she won't have to actually go over there to see*

Sia Lan Darkheart
Mar 26th, 2002, 09:51:40 PM
Sia smiles and steps out of the shadows a little off from where she pointed.

"Very close. that was a good try. Wana try it again to see if you get closer?" she asks.

Natia Lerf
Mar 27th, 2002, 01:29:50 PM
*Natia smiles, happy that she at least got close to her*

Yes please, only if it's not to much of a problem though.

*Natia shifts her weight slightly, still happy about being close*

Sia Lan Darkheart
Mar 28th, 2002, 12:32:43 PM
Sia-lan steped back into the shadows and moved to a different part of the room. She knelt down and waited silently in the shadows for her padawan to come and find her.

Natia Lerf
Mar 28th, 2002, 05:21:45 PM
*Natia smiles as Sia disappears again and she immediatly reaches out through the force looking for Sia. This time she keeps her eyes open. After a couple of moments, she points about half a foot to Sia's left side*

Are you right over there??

Sia Lan Darkheart
Mar 28th, 2002, 10:31:00 PM
Sia smiled again and steped out.

"Extreamly close. That was great. your getting good at that. Do you want to try to learn how to hide with the force? The way that I was?" Sia asks her.

OOC: Natia there is a thread in the LQ about you. ya may wana check it out. its "Walking" I made it so that you are in my room sleping untill we can find you a room of your own if thats ok.

Natia Lerf
Mar 29th, 2002, 03:24:08 PM
*Natia smiles as she sees Sia stepping out of the shadows, almost at the exact spot where she was pointing*

Yes please. I would really like that. But it must be very difficult though.

*Natia smiles hopefully at being able to learn how to do that*

OOC: Ok. I'll check it out though I may not post in there for a little while.

Sia Lan Darkheart
Mar 30th, 2002, 01:45:37 AM
"Ok first I need to train you on how to control the shadows into doing what you wish of them. Eventualy you can work your way up to hiding. Natia I need you to focus on the shadows of the room. Reach out with the force again and try to pull the shadows twards you. I am warning you now, it took me a long time to be able to do large things with shadows. It is a rather complicated section of the force. The area of illusions. I am sure you will do fine though. I have faith in you." Sia says. She steps behind her padawan and watches her every move. She watches the way she focuses and the way her body will move when she does this so Sia can point out sugestions to her. She remembers back when her father was teaching her how to do this and how long it took her to be able to form even the simplist thing with the shadows.

Natia Lerf
Mar 30th, 2002, 02:26:22 PM
*Natia nods and smiles as she listens to the instructions*

So I just reach out with the Force and try to move the shadows towards me. Sounds simple.

*Natia partially closes her eyes and reaches out with the Force and after a few moments, she attempts to pull a small portion of the shadows towards her. While doing this, she gets a slightly scared look on her face, but continues*

Sia Lan Darkheart
Mar 31st, 2002, 10:38:01 PM
Sia places her hands on Natia's sholders and sends calming waves through Natia with the force. She watches the shadows that Natia is focused on and waits.

Natia Lerf
Apr 1st, 2002, 04:07:04 PM
*Natia relaxes as Sia sends the calming waves through her. She continues using the Force to bring the shadows towards her. A slight smile appears on her face as she does this. After a couple of moments, it looks like the shadows are moving towards her*

Sia Lan Darkheart
Apr 1st, 2002, 05:33:45 PM
Sia smiles and then instructs her a bit more.

"Now, try makeing the shadows turn into a sphere." Sia says. She watches Natia and the shadows again.

Natia Lerf
Apr 2nd, 2002, 06:41:37 PM
*Natia smiles as she hears Sia's next instructions. Thinking back a couple of years, she remembers when she did something similar to this, but under different instructions. She mumbles slighlty to herself*

This is the easy part.

*Natia then uses the Force to turn the shadows into a sphere which surronds both herself and Sia after a couple of moments*

Like this??

Sia Lan Darkheart
Apr 5th, 2002, 02:27:12 PM
Sia laughs and nods. She then dispells the shadow with the force.

"Ok time to learn how to hide. Do the exact same thing you just did, only just cover yourself and hide from me. Got it?" Sia says to her.

Natia Lerf
Apr 7th, 2002, 12:09:22 PM
*Natia laughs slightly*

Doing that is easy then doing this. What's even harder is to hide two ppl seperatly, but still that's easy.

*Natia, from the way she is talking, sounds like she has done something like this before. She reaches out through the Force to bring the shadows towards her. After a couple of moments, she manages this. When the get to her, she has them wrap around her, hiding her from view*

Sia Lan Darkheart
Apr 9th, 2002, 10:25:59 AM
Sia smiled again and nodded.

"It seems you have done this before. Can you show me how much of shadow shaping you know?" She asks Natia. Sia watches Natia through the force as she is hiding in the shadows with the kitten still on her sholders.

Natia Lerf
Apr 9th, 2002, 12:53:02 PM
*Natia shifts her weight slightly and then releases the shadows which are surronding her. She looks up at Sia and shrugs her shoulders*

Yes, I have done something like this before. I've learned how to hide myself alone and with others, how to hide just others so ppl will think that there is just me there when in fact, there is a dozen others.

*Natia gets a slightly worried tone in her voice*

I've also learned how to use shadows to trick ppl into think that something is there that isn't.

*Natia shifts her weight slightly as she continues looking at Sia*

Please don't make me go away because of this. I am enjoying staying here and learning.

Sia Lan Darkheart
Apr 11th, 2002, 12:10:05 AM
Sia nodded. She knew hoe Natia felt.

"We won't kick you out just because you know how to do things like that. My main force ability is being able to shape shadows."

Sia reached her hand out and used the force to pull some shadows from the wall. She formed them into a panther that walked around her.

"Everyone has a bit of both sides. Jedi just choose to follow the light side more than the dark." Sia explains.

Natia Lerf
Apr 11th, 2002, 12:20:22 PM
*Natia smiles slightly as she looks at Sia*

Then, it doesn't matter that I have already had a bit of training with the Force??

*Natia visibly cheers up at this*

And I can still stay here and learn and be with my new friends.

*Natia gets a slight thoughtful look on her face*

I'm curious about something, when we use the Force, how do we know if we are using the Lightside or the Darkside?? I have a slightly idea, but I'm not sure about it, I mean, I know using the Force to kill is wrong, but other then that, how can I tell if I'm using the Lightside or the Darkside??

Sia Lan Darkheart
Apr 15th, 2002, 10:25:16 AM
"A very good questions. The answer is that it depends on how you use it. If you use it to do only your bidding or for evil, then that is useing it for the dark side. But if you use it for helping others and for good then that is useing the light side. Got it?" Sia tells Natia.

Natia Lerf
Apr 15th, 2002, 11:20:12 AM
*Natia nods slightly*

I think so. I think I've got it. Why does there have to be the two different sides?? Why can't there be just one side and everybody working together?? Wouldn't things be alot nicer then and better for everybody??

*Natia asks these questions curiously*

Sia Lan Darkheart
Apr 15th, 2002, 10:02:57 PM
Sia smiles at the young girl. 'If only it were that easy.'

"That is something that can not be helped, unfortunetly. Just like you can't have day without night, there can be no light without dark. Do you under stand this?" Sia would under stand if she didn't but figured that Natia was smarter than a normal child her age and would understand.

Natia Lerf
Apr 16th, 2002, 12:34:34 PM
*Natia nods, obviously understanding what Sia is saying*

Yes, I do understand that. There's something else that I'm wondering. I don't know if there's an answer to this question or not, but which side is stronger?? I know both have there strong points and both have there weak points, but in the end, which side is stronger.

*Natia looks more comfortable know, then she did earlier because she is asking all of these questions. It is also obvious that she is trusting Sia more as well*

Sia Lan Darkheart
Apr 17th, 2002, 10:31:23 AM
"So far neither has been given the title of the strongest side. The sith belive that they are but in truth, we are equal." Sia pulls out a small peice of wood. On the wood is painted a perfect Ying-Yang. "Look at this symbol. is eather side larger than the other?"

Natia Lerf
Apr 17th, 2002, 11:05:56 AM
*Natia looks at the Ying-Yang and shakes her head*

No, neither side is larger.

*Natia looks up at Sia*

If you don't mind me asking, what do I learn next??

*Natia asks this rather enthusiastically*

Sia Lan Darkheart
Apr 17th, 2002, 11:45:26 PM
Sia smiled as she thought up something.

"Lets see how well you can walk with out crutches ok? Useing the force, I am able to speed up my legs and able to jump farther. All you do is focus the force into your legs. Why dont you try walking with the aid of the force?" Sia instructs her. She stands nearby incase her idea fails.

Natia Lerf
Apr 18th, 2002, 03:28:10 PM
*Natia looks at Sia as if she has lost her mind*

You want me to try and walk without my crutches but with the aid of the Force instead??

*Natia shakes her head slightly*

I can't. I can't walk without my crutches. If I could, I would be. But I suppose you wish me to try anyway so here goes.

*Natia reaches out with the Force. After a couple of minutes, she shifts her weight slightly so it's not on her crutches and goes to take a step forward. As soon as she does this, she immediatly loses her balance and starts to fall. She reflexively moves her crutches forward to catch her so she doesn't fall*

Sia Lan Darkheart
Apr 19th, 2002, 12:48:19 AM
"It might take a while but I know you have to will to be able to do it." Sia tells her. She walks over to Natia to help her. "Just belive. I know you can do it but you need to know you can too." Sia tells Natia.

Natia Lerf
Apr 19th, 2002, 11:58:00 AM
*Natia shakes her head slightly*

No, I can't. I never will be able to walk without crutches again. When me and my friends decide to go running, I will just have to stand back and watch from a distance. I'll never be able to be active like a kid is supposed to be but I really want to. I want to run and jump and skip like other kids. Shortly after I went through surgery to have a piece of bone replaced in my ankles, I get beaten up and my running days are over.

*Natia looks at Sia*

I got to run for a total of 2 months before my legal guardian beat me to get me like this.

*Natia lowers her head slightly and mumbles to herself*

Two months of almost living with the guy and being forced to learn from him.

Sia Lan Darkheart
Apr 22nd, 2002, 12:16:10 PM
"Natia I know it is hard. But I also know that you have the strength and the will to get through the frist stage. The begining is always the hardest. I will help you with the best of my abilities." Sia tells her. She takes one of Natia's crutches and lays it on the ground.

"Lets try with only one first. I will be here to catch you if you are about to fall. I promise." She says.

Natia Lerf
Apr 23rd, 2002, 12:57:40 PM
*Natia shakes her head*

I can't. I need my crutches to help me walk. Without them, if I move, I fall down.

*Natia doesn't try and stop Sia as she takes one of her crutches and lays it on the ground. She compensates and leans her weight on her other crutch which she's got*

I can't Sia, I just can't. I'm not strong enough to.

Sia Lan Darkheart
Apr 28th, 2002, 09:48:31 PM
Sia nods and hands her the crutch back. She then stands up.

"Well lets move on to something eles. Lets see if you can read minds."

Sia walks over to a bag that is next to the door. She pulls out some cards and walks back over to Natia.

"I am going to look at these cards and you tell me what is on them. One at a time."

Sia looks at the picture on the first card. It is a x-wing star fighter. She glances at Natia.

"Start when you want. Just reach out with the force and try to grasp what is in my mind."

Natia Lerf
Apr 29th, 2002, 11:41:15 AM
*Natia takes back her crutch and shifts her weight again so it is balance on both crutches. A slight smile appears on her face as she hears about reading ppl's minds*

I'll do my best, though I can't garentee anything right now.

*Natia reaches out with the force and does a very feather light touch to Sia's mind. After a moment the feather light touch moves out of Sia's mind, a smile on Natia's face*

An X-Wing fighter.

*Natia says this with a confident sounding voice*

Sia Lan Darkheart
Apr 30th, 2002, 01:26:05 AM
Sia nods then turns over the next card: A cup, a dog, a light saber, a x-wing, a x-wing, a cup. She waits for Natia to reply to each one before turning over the next card.

Natia Lerf
Apr 30th, 2002, 11:32:02 AM
*Natia again, reaches out with the Force and does a feather light touch to Sia's mind. She then says confidently*

A cup, a dog, a light saber, a x-wing, a x-wing, a cup.

Sia Lan Darkheart
May 6th, 2002, 10:50:47 AM
Sia-lan nods to her.

"Perfect. WEll I think that we have done enough for now. Why dont you and your new pet go relax for a while in the LQ." Sia tells her. She smiles and walks out of the room.