PDA

View Full Version : The Kasharian Prodigy

Anbira Hicchoru
Apr 26th, 2002, 12:48:42 PM
:: Anbira stood in the open air of the Academy plaza, watching the sun set as he usually did. Though today was no normal day. He was finally ready to reward his padawan's great patience, and begin his lessons into the Force. It had been a journey on Anbira's part...one that he would not begin until he himself was ready. He had to be sure, as he was now, that the lessons given were not corrupted, and thus, that his student would not falter the same way he had done, so long ago. But for now, Anbira waited...for Eldrak Gruuhl to arrive. ::

Eldrak Gruuhl
Apr 26th, 2002, 08:28:43 PM
It was most unusual but probably something Eldrak thought that he should get used to. He could sense that his Master requested his presence. He wasn’t too sure how or why, but it was in fact true. This sense was such that it even drew him to where.

The 7 ‘ 6” tall, 350 lb Kashirain, clothed in the robes given to him a few months ago by Anbira, carrying a katana that had only been removed from its sheath on one lone occasion long ago, walked calmly yet with urgency, to where his Master waited. When he arrived the gruesome looking creature bowed and spoke simply, his voice conveying only calm and dedication.

“Greetings my Master.”

Anbira Hicchoru
Apr 26th, 2002, 08:33:06 PM
Welcome, Eldrak. I've been expecting you. I'm glad you came. At last, we can begin your training.

:: Anbira smiled, watching his pupil ::

Do you have any questions?

Eldrak Gruuhl
Apr 26th, 2002, 08:46:52 PM
Eldrak raised himself back into a fully standing position before his master and spoke again in response.

“Most of the questions I had before, I have learned the answers to through text and through observation, but I expect that there will be more that arise through the course of your tutelage, my Master.”

Anbira Hicchoru
Apr 27th, 2002, 01:00:31 PM
There are two sides to every coin. Learning from text, and learning from experience both bring their own gifts. For now, close your eyes, clear your mind of thoughts and concerns. Steady yourself, and be calm, at peace.

:: Anbira waited until he sensed that his padawan was ready ::

The first step to understanding the Force is perception. It is a sense, as sure as your eyes can see, and ears can hear. It can do all these things, and more than any faculty you have at your disposal.

:: Anbira removed a painted cube from his pocket ::

I have a chance cube, Eldrak. There are six colors on this one. Yellow, Orange, Red, Green, Blue, and Violet.

:: He dropped the cube on the ground ::

The color that is face down...what is it? Do not guess...feel. Use your instincts and let them see for you.

Eldrak Gruuhl
Apr 30th, 2002, 12:30:02 AM
If this had been a time when Eldrak was worrying about his past, his ties to the Sith known as Ogre Mal Pannis, and just how close those ties truly were, he would not have been able to relax as his Master had requested. But at the present time, his mind was focused on what the wise and seemingly well experienced man would willingly teach him.

Eldrak was eager to learn but not so eager that he was unable to focus on the words his Master spoke. Each of those words said, seemed to echo and resound quietly in his mind, the very tone was settling and reassuring.

His head clear of all things except for the task he was to do was achieved. He tried to put himself in place of the cube that had been cast on the ground, let himself feel which side of it was facing in the downward direction. There was no doubt in his thoughts. There was nothing but clarity, and he answered with the same confidence that he felt.

“The side of the cube facing down is red.”

He did not open his eyes, because that had not been one of the instructions issued to him, he simply waited, calm, collected, confident, and eager to see what would happen next.

Anbira Hicchoru
Apr 30th, 2002, 09:39:02 PM
:: Anbira smiled...knowing his padawan had chosen correctly. He walked to the cube slowly, picking it up, and angling the cube to where the red side faced away from him, and toward Eldrak. Opening his grasp, the cube accelerated in the air, straight forward, and towards Eldrak ::

Eldrak Gruuhl
May 1st, 2002, 12:57:08 AM
His eyes were still closed, but his connection to the cube remained, as it had been when he told of which side had been facing down. Without showing any sign of surprise, Eldrak raised one of his huge lumbering hands in front of him and the cube was caught, red side in his palm. He kept his eyes closed but spoke to his master.

“And now the red side faces towards me, within my hand.”

Anbira Hicchoru
May 1st, 2002, 02:01:51 PM
Your grasp of the force is innate and strong, young padawan.

:: Anbira smiled ::

You may open your eyes now.

Eldrak Gruuhl
May 1st, 2002, 02:36:19 PM
He opened his eyes and looked down at the cube in his hand. From his Master’s response he already knew what his optical senses confirmed. The red side of it was indeed facing into his palm. A small smile crept across his face as he looked up to his Master.

“Thank you Master.”

Anbira Hicchoru
May 2nd, 2002, 01:33:57 PM
:: Anbira smiled ::

No, thank you, Eldrak. Your mind is calm and serene, that much I can sense. You have the perfect mind of a learner, prepared and eager for teachings.

:: Anbira reached out, and the cube in Eldrak's hand returned to him. Anbira gave a deft smile, as he held the cube in front of him, taking several steps back. ::

Now, Eldrak. Apply yourself, and take back the cube.

Eldrak Gruuhl
May 5th, 2002, 01:19:33 PM
His elation at having been praised for his ability and accomplishment has served to weaken the connection he had established with the chance cube. It weakened it so much so that his resolve and will to bring it back was fruitless. He didn’t really try to concentrate to much on the task, but instead tried to just will it to happen, yet he failed to let himself feels the cube through the Force as he had earlier. It was almost as if he expected it to be simple and easy because he had done so well in his first tasks.

A large green hand opened in front of him and reached out, but there was no reaction from the cube. Eldrak’s eyes were set on the objective, but his mind was not clear enough to accomplish it yet. He continued to try, yet failed to stretch out to it with his feelings, he just wished for the objective to occur, and it did not.

Anbira Hicchoru
May 5th, 2002, 01:49:48 PM
Calm...

:: Anbira's deep voice came out neutral and soothing, to aid Eldrak in his efforts ::

...you must sense, feel, and only then, can you exert control. You must be at ease with the task.

Eldrak Gruuhl
May 5th, 2002, 04:20:45 PM
Eldrak tried to relax. He began by closing his eyes, then followed by setting a rhythmic pattern to his breathing, one that he let lead him into a flowing sensation, flowing with the air around, becoming one with the grass under foot, one with the trees beside, one with the stones strewn about, and one with the cube within Anbira’s hand.

He was calm and collected he could feel all around him as if he were a part of it again. Without so much as the slightest concentration, the cube within Anbira’s hand began to wiggle slowly…

Anbira Hicchoru
May 6th, 2002, 08:35:43 PM
Good...

:: Anbira sensed the Force within Eldrak, as the student extended his senses ::

You must always remain in balance. Let your feelings guide your actions.

Eldrak Gruuhl
May 8th, 2002, 01:52:09 AM
He remained relaxed, allowing his Master’s praise and guiding words to help further that state. He was at peace and ease with the environment around. He felt the Force ebbing and flowing through everything, including himself.

A moment after Anbira had spoken, the cube left from his hand and soared toward Eldrak, who was able to catch it without so much as opening his eyes. Soon after he caught it, his eyes slowly opened and he smiled.

Anbira Hicchoru
May 28th, 2002, 11:12:18 PM
:: Anbira nodded. Eldrak's prowess was apparent ::

You must be a master of many things, and a servant of more. This is the nature of the Jedi. You can exert influence on the world around you, but you must also attain total confidence of your own person.

Eldrak Gruuhl
May 29th, 2002, 09:44:24 AM
He lowered his head in a small bow type gesture, then slowly raised it.

“Thank you for your praise and guidance Master. I have contemplated the teachings of the Force that I have gleaned from texts for a considerable amount of time, but was not so aware that I had the potential that you say you see now.”