PDA

View Full Version : The training of Laric N'worb

Ryla Relvinian
Apr 27th, 2002, 04:11:47 PM
The room is empty and still as I await my newest padawan, Laric N'worb.

Laric Nworb
Apr 28th, 2002, 08:09:31 PM
Laric walked in the stone room with the same clothes he wore the other day.
"I'm sorry I don't have anything proper to wear. I couldn't find the jedi robe shop and if I did I wouldn't have the credits to buy anything."
Laric said and caught a small smile out of Ryla.

"Don't worry to much about. We will take care of it later."
she replied.

Laric stretched his arms behind his back and swung them up again. He was ready for any physical training Ryla could throw at him. "Ok then. Lets start!"

Ryla Relvinian
Apr 29th, 2002, 04:45:32 PM
"Well, before we start any physical work, I'd like to get to know more about you. Here are a few questions for you to answer. They will help me train you in the style that best fits for you."

1. What is The Force to you?

2. What made you decide to want to be a Jedi?

3. Do you have any special abilities or unique weapons?

OOC: In case you don't know, IC means In Character, and OOC means Out Of Character. While you answer the above questions as your character would, please answer these below as you. :] (I know, this sounds silly, but some don't know that when they first start out.)

1. How often are you able to check this forum?

2. What kind of field do you plan for this character? By field I mean healing, warrior, martial arts, force abilities and so on. If you don't know right now, that is fine. :]

Laric Nworb
Apr 30th, 2002, 01:04:12 PM
"No physical work huh? Not really what I expected. Ok then, what is The Force to me? From what I know, the Force is in everything and everything is part of the Force. The Force is life and everything I ever loved was life. Life can bring so many expirences and lessons, and the more you learn life's lessons, the better. The Force has a lot to teach me, I grew up pretty rough and The Force has a reason for this. If I know the Force than I can get an idea of my destiny. I see the Force controlling everything, and the more involved with it I can get, the more understanding I can be of the Force's ways."

Ryla looked at Laric "So now answer the nest question."

"I believe the Force does control everything and that it has its reasons. I want to understand these reasons, I want to know why things happen and how to make things happen. Jedi Knights understand the Force and do its will. As a Jedi Knight, I could make things happen to make the galaxy a better place."

"Intersting, now the final question."

"Unique weapons? Nothing yet. The only thing I've really fought with are my fists and occasionally a blaster. Ablitity wise, I have more strengths. I grew up in the slums of Corellia and got into trouble often, whether I started it or not. I've learned to fight and my mom told me I had a knack for surviving. I enjoy fighting, well just the styles and the thrill that comes with it. So I really enjoy fighting for the sport of it. Over time I picked up some fighting styles, but not enough to be good at a single one."

"Alright, now that I have this beginning information it will help to train you better."

------------------------------------------------------------------- Ok now, as for OOC I should be able to check the forum once or twice a day, usually around 3 but sometimes after 6.
For my character, I want to make him a more of a warrior jedi, not angry sith warrior but more of a Anakin Solo in the New Jedi Order books. I also want to increase the Force power of him so he preform all those dazzling stunts.

Laric Nworb
May 1st, 2002, 09:33:05 PM
OOC: By the way Master, how often can you check the board? This will help so I can get an idea of when to check myself. Thanks.

Ryla Relvinian
May 2nd, 2002, 10:11:38 AM
OOC: I usually check this every other day.

IC: "Good" I say. "It seems that you have a good understanding of the Force to start out with."

I motion him outisde of the room and down the hall. He follows me into a small courtyard just outside of the training rooms. It is a small circle of grass, surrounded by trees and flowers. As he walks by my side, I speak to him. "Now I wish to show you some of the basic aspects of the Force. These are fundamental abilities on which all things we do are based: the ability to do things with more than just a physical influence."

On the ground there are two mats, which we sit down on. I pick up a small stone and place it on the grass in front of him. "You see this stone here? I want you to focus on it and, using the force, make it move."

Laric Nworb
May 2nd, 2002, 09:17:46 PM
Laric sat crossed legged on the mat and closed his eyes tightly.

"Make the rock move. Make the rock move." He whispered to himself. He opened his eyes to see the rock in the same place before.

He closed his eyes again, focusing on the rock. "Move the rock. Move the rock." He opened his eyes. Still nothing.

He closed his eyes again. Instead of telling the rock to move he pictured it. The rock thrust into the air and laric pictured it spinning and moving in loops. He pictured it flying all around the courtyard and around his master. He open his eyes and saw the rock had only moved a few inches to the right.

"Not what I was hoping for." He said frustrated.

Ryla Relvinian
May 3rd, 2002, 05:38:11 PM
I watched with a restrained excitement as he closed his eyes, brow furrowed in thought. I could feel the waves coming off of him as he tried to focus on a deceptively hard task. Slowly, the small stone rose a few inches off the ground, before settling back down onto the grass. He opened his eyes and turned to me with a frustrated face. "Don't be so discouraged. This is your very first day, and that is quite a hard thing to do for the first time. Close your eyes again. This time, try to feel the area around the stone, rather than the stone itself."

Laric Nworb
May 3rd, 2002, 07:21:47 PM
Laric closed his eyes and remembered what his master said. "Feel the area around the rock." he whispered. He focused on the air and his surroundings. He felt the air and his surroundings. It was all so alive, so full of the Force. There it was, all the Jedi had said it, the Force is in everything. Now Laric could feel the Force in everything. He focused on the rock. Ryla watched as the rock wobbled in its place. Laric felt the rock wobbling. The he felt it move up a few inches, he was doing it now! He open his eyes to see the rock under his command. The rock plummeted to the ground as he broke concentration. Laric caught it falling and knew he had success. Well, some success. He looked at Ryla and she only smiled a little back at him. Laric closed his eyes again, not tightly like before, but like he was sleeping. He concentrated on everything around him. And the rock moved again.

Ryla Relvinian
May 4th, 2002, 09:16:55 PM
It wasn't what you'd call battle ready by any stretch of the imagination, but it was something. "Good job. It is always exciting to see someone take their first step into a much larger world. And, speaking of steps, let's try something else."

I stood up and motioned to the trees around me. "Every thing is connected to the Force, and with time and patience, you will expand on these abilities, eventually being able to lift, move, and even manipulate other objects. There are three things that a Jedi holds most dear. The first, which you have yet to use, is their lightsaber. The second, which you just discovered, is your mind. The final thing is your body. A Jedi uses their training always for knowledge and defense. You should learn how to escape danger, calmly and with great control, to avoid the Dark Side."

I pointed up towards the tall branches above our heads. "A Force Jump is one of the more basic moves to learn. Calm your mind, then channel the Force through your leg muscles, and jump like you normally would. It's ok to start small at first, just give it a try." With that I leapt up into the branches above me, landing gently on a sturdy bough nearly 100 feet above my padawan. With a slight pause I jumped back down, landing on my feet. "Now you try."

Laric Nworb
May 5th, 2002, 10:20:46 PM
Laric marveled at the Force jump. A hundred feet was a long way up. Laric closed his eyes and focused He opened himself to the Force around him, in him. He felt it in his toes, his knees, his thighs, his hips, he felt the Force inside his legs. Crouching down he paused, then released. Laric felt the air rush around him as he soared into the sky. The the realization hit him like an angry nerf. He hadn't thought about landing anywhere. Opening his eyes he saw that there wasn't a tree limb beneath him. Now he started to panic. He wasn't too high up but still, falling from this height would probably break some bones. He started to descend now and branches were smacking him as he fell. He extended his arms wiling to cathch anything that would stop his rapid descent. The his hands caught ahold of different branches. His weight and momentum pulled his body down and stretched his arms and his body. "Master! What now?"

Ryla Relvinian
May 6th, 2002, 12:17:01 AM
"Now you get to learn another valuable skill... landing. You did a marvelous job at the jumping bit, now let go and focus on the strength, stability, and control in your fall. You can do this, trust me."

Laric Nworb
May 8th, 2002, 07:35:10 PM
Learning to fall? Laric just assumed it was natural; you go up, then crash back to the ground. Laric focused, but it was hard to do with his body being pulled in two while he hung from the tree. He focused on his body and the air around him. If he could create a strong wind to slow his fall...no, that would have to be to strong of a wind. But what about the Force? Like when he moved the rock, if he could turn Force onto himself then maybe he could move himself. Moving wasn't a problem though, but the Force could slow him down. He focused again and concentrated on bringing the Force to hold his body. The he let go and fell rapidly. As he fell he concentrated on the Force and his descent slowed down. The impact with the ground wasn't light, but Laric managed to roll into it and avoid breaking any bones.

Ryla Relvinian
May 12th, 2002, 05:02:48 AM
"Hey, no broken bones there, eh?" I say as I reach down to give him a hand up from the ground. "I know you are thinking that falling from trees is hardly training. Well, it is, in a certain way." I helped him pick foliage out of his clothing and directed him over to a small shelf. From the shelf I took a lightsaber, but before handing it to him, I spoke again.

"Balance, concentration, and quick thinking are the keys to successful fighting ability. Tactics and training come next. Learning how to handle a lightsaber is fairly simple, and all the forms for attacks, blocks, and combinations can be learned with some practice. However, knowing all these things is nothing without knowing balance and control in your actions. Remember, a Jedi uses the Force for defense, sparing lives whenever we can. Tell me, have you ever used a sword, or even a lightsaber before?"

Laric Nworb
May 12th, 2002, 04:03:41 PM
"Lightsaber? No. but I have used traditional swords and knives before. That's about it. Once I saw a short lightsaber duel, but thats as close as I've got to a lightsaber; so far." Laric said to give Ryla an idea of his history with weapons.

Ryla Relvinian
May 14th, 2002, 06:53:20 PM
"It is good that you are skilled with the sword. However, the lightsaber is surprisingly very different from the sword. Where a metal object requires a certain amount of force and often a heavy arm, the lightsaber is a very unique weapon."

I reach around to my side, taking put my own lightsaber. Gently unscrewing three screws and sliding part of the case off, I show him the small orange crystal, along with the many metal parts inside. "A lightsaber is one of the most personal weapons that a Jedi owns. So personal, in fact, that some name them. I haven't named mine." I say with a slight smirk. "Basically, it is a complex, highly powerful, yet highly focused beam of light. Instead of the force used with a metal object, a lightsaber is pure, focused energy, so it is easier to cause more damage with the same amount of thrust, yet light enough to get out of control if you are not careful."

Carefully, I place the metal case back on my lightsaber and screw it in place. I hand him the training lightsaber, and motion him to turn it on. "Until you build your own, we have one that you can train with. I say train, because it is a special saber, adjusted especially for first-time users. It cannot harm you, but might give you a shock. It does feel like a regular lightsaber. Take a few swings with it, and see how it feels."

Laric Nworb
May 17th, 2002, 10:15:04 PM
Laric took the practice lightsaber from Ryla. He felt around it to find a switch to turn it on. The lightsaber blade shot out from the handle giving off a blue glow. Laric marveled at the weapon. It was such a simple weapon yet so very complex. Laric waved it around and let it crackle as it connected with a rock on the ground. He couldn't wait to work with a real lightsaber. Now he started swing it around it circular patterns. Above him, to the sides and towards the ground. Then it connected with his left foot and gave him a shock.
"Ow! That stings."

Ryla Relvinian
May 20th, 2002, 01:39:09 AM
"Yes, I imagine it will. I have also adjusted my lightsaber down to the same level, so you needn't worry about me being the cause of an unfortunate nickname like stumpy..." I smile and power on my orange blade. "The first thing you should learn with a saber, besides turning it on, is how to defend yourself. Try and hit me, and see how I block things."

Laric Nworb
May 21st, 2002, 05:54:46 PM
Laric ignighted the blue lightsaber and bounced on his toes. He shifted his arm position to the side and charged, swinging the lightsbaer in his hands a half circle and finishing the circle by turning it into a full arm swing. The attack was from above his head striking down at Ryla.

Ryla Relvinian
May 23rd, 2002, 12:55:59 AM
Bringing my lightsaber up smoothly, I blocked the strike that was aimed at my head, following through my defensive strike with a quick flick of my wrist. As he continued his strike downward, I crouched and slid to the side, letting my blade carry his down, where it hit with a slight "snap" on the training mats. I stepped back and awaited his next attempt.

Laric Nworb
May 25th, 2002, 11:52:28 AM
Laric had expected Ryla to be quick and deflect any attack he could throw at her. He spun after his first attack had been deflected and struck at the left side; blocked by Ryla. He brought the lightsaber around and struck at the right side, again blocked. It was like Ryla knew his attack before he did. Laric decided to swing low and see Rayla's reaction to that.

Ryla Relvinian
May 29th, 2002, 06:20:31 PM
He swung low, aiming for my shin, which I quickly saw and, instead of defelcting with my saber, decided to jump. His blade hit the mat and rebounded up to his right. I was already on the ground to the left side of him, blade ready, before he could get his blade back under control. I nodded and powered down my saber. "Good job, I see that you have a pretty good handle on attacks already. Defense is one of my specialties, because it is best done when totally relaxed and at one with the Force. Without the Force as my guide, I would have to assess the attack, move, plan a block and then execute the block, all within the span of a few milliseconds. The Force does this for me, and I allow it to move me." I take a small blindfold from my belt and call a medium sized training droid over to us. I put the blindfold on Laric, and activate the droid. "The only way to learn this is to do it." The droid hovers gently in the air, barely giving off a slight whirring noise as it zooms around my padawan.

Laric Nworb
May 30th, 2002, 03:30:03 PM
With a blindfold!?! There was no way Laric could even see the shots from the droid, how was he to deflect them if he souldn't see them? He thought on how to tackle this challange the best. Then he remembered what Master Ryla said, the Force will guide him and show him what to do. Laric was ready now. He ignighted the borrowed lightsaber and turned to where the droid was. The droid fired a shot and Laric moved the lightsaber to deflect it but was off by a few inchesm and the shot stung him in the hip. Laric turned as the droid moved around him. It shot again and this time Laric deflected it successfully. The droid turned again and fired, another deflected.
"I think I'm finally getting the hang of it."
The dorid turned and fired two consecutive shots the first was deflected but the second stung him in his upper arm.
"Then again maybe not yet."

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 7th, 2002, 05:38:48 PM
"Good you're getting the hang of this." With a wave of my hand, I used the Force to up the level of the training driod to the next level and instructed my padawan to continue.

Laric Nworb
Jun 13th, 2002, 11:15:06 PM
Laric slid the blindfold over his eyes again and waited for the droid to start. It didn't waste any time. It whrred to the left, shot, to the right and up, shot and dropped about three feet and shot again. Laric struggled to deflect al three, but he did it. The droid circled him twice, or was it just once? Laric lost track, he opened to the Force and it told him..the droid shot...behind him. Another deflected. The droid was moving fast and Laric allowed the Force to guide his movements and deflect all the shots. The droid circled him again and paused, Laric stood in a defensive position ready for the droid to continue.

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 14th, 2002, 09:29:25 PM
I watched his second attempt with pride... he had caught on to how the droid moved, and was consistently deflecting it's tiny blasts. I deactivated it and sent it over to the shelf with the force, and then instructed him to take his blindfold off. "You have done well, Padawan. Now, sit down, and calm your mind. I wish to show you something that might come in handy one day..."

He sat on the mats, chest still heaving from the practice, while I sat next to him. "Calm, take a deep breath there... better?" He nodded yes. "Good, now this is an ability that is called Projective Telepathy. It is a way to send your thoughts to another Jedi. What you must do is first, calm your mind, and come into a restful state. Then, stretch out with the force, and send out a thought. Imagine yourself speaking to me, feel how the words would taste in your mouth, and then think them, instead of say them."

Laric Nworb
Jun 16th, 2002, 10:27:27 AM
Laric sat on the mats concentrating on sending messages to Ryla through telepathic communication. He opened himself to the force and felt Ryla's presense in the room.
"Ryla? Am I doings this right?" He thought. Now if he did it right, he had only to await an answer from his master.

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 19th, 2002, 10:58:09 AM
I felt his presence in my mind, so I knew that at least the very first part of the telepathy was going correctly. The thin tendril of the force strecehd out precariously from him to me, and after a few seconds, I heard his voice in my head, a hushed wisper, "Ryla? Am I doing this right?"

I opened my eyes and sent back to him, "Yes. If you can send like that you probably can recieve it as well."

Laric Nworb
Jun 22nd, 2002, 10:33:16 AM
Laric heard Ryla's voice in his head., loud and clear. It was like talking to her in person, except no one could hear the conversation.
"Ok, so what now?" Laric sent

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 23rd, 2002, 12:53:46 AM
His second attempt was much stronger. I replied with calm confidence, my words flowing out of my brain like water. "I have a mission for us to go on. Jedi Master Figrin D'an has informed me that a situation has come up that requires my attention. I do not know the details yet, but I will set up a meeting for us sometime soon in the Bar and Grill. I must gather more information before I fully reveal the nature of this mission." I turned my gaze to him and awaited his response.

Laric Nworb
Jun 25th, 2002, 09:42:25 AM
This caught him off guard. Laric didn't expect to go on a mission so soon. "Mission!?! Er..um..alright, that sounds good. When's the meeting?"

Ryla Relvinian
Jul 3rd, 2002, 12:55:32 AM
OOC: I'm still working out the details of the mission as of right now. I strongly suggest that you involve yourself in a fight, perhaps not with a sith yet, but you could arrange a training spar against another padawan to gain some experience. If you do set one up, post here and tell me where it is, so I can watch you fight. :]

ALSO... Do you have AIM or MSN?

Ryla Relvinian
Jul 11th, 2002, 12:47:10 AM
OOC: We can work on your response later, Ok?

I have a mission for us to go on. Jedi Master Figrin D'an has informed me that a situation has come up that requires my attention. I think that you, as well as my padawan Adisha Dije
will come with us to investigate.

Here is the link:

Mission (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20723)

OOC: See ya there!