PDA

View Full Version : Under new guidence (Helenias QDunn)

Oriadin
May 9th, 2002, 08:14:51 AM
Oriadin graced the Jedi Acadamy for what was only the third time. He awaited his new master, Helenias QDunn. He new very little about her but he hoped to show that he had what it takes to be worthy of the GJO so he could serve the Galaxy. He stood patiently, watching and waiting.

Helenias QDunn
May 9th, 2002, 08:35:09 AM
I came into the Acadamy, with a datapad in my hand. I referred to it as I saw a man waiting there.

"Oriadin? I am Jedi night Helenias Q'Dunn. I am most pleased to meet and greet you"

Oriadin
May 9th, 2002, 08:53:39 AM
Oriadin saw Helenias approach. He bowed as she greeted him.

--Hello. Yes, I am Oriadin. Im pleased to meet you too.

Oriadin looked her up and down to get an overall picture of her. She seemed warm and friendly and this helped Oriadin to feel at ease.

Helenias QDunn
May 10th, 2002, 09:15:29 AM
Properly differential and observant. I was getting the feeling I woudl quite like this Padawan. From what I had seen on my study of this young man, he had no real idea of his past and only sketchy memories. Which would make this potentially quite interesting, I believed.

He was also somewhat taller than I was as well. Not that was a worry for me, I had fought against others much larger and bought them down.

"A pleasure to meet you too. Now firstly I would ask - what exactly did Verse teach you? And what is it you would most desire to learn?"

Oriadin
May 10th, 2002, 10:47:26 AM
Oriadin thought about Helenias's question for a moment.

--Verse taught me a bit about the force and what the Jedi are here to do. He told me that The Force is the thing that ties us all together. It runs through the trees, us, grass, rock, everything. Like a coin it has two sides. A Light Side and a Dark Side. As Jedi we only use the Light. That is Peace, Happiness, Calmness, Harmony. The Dark uses Hatred and Rage. These are things you must never let run you life.--

He paused for a moment before continuing.

--He taught me how to connect with the force, to feel everything around me. The life force in everything. I learnt to move rocks through the force and he also taught me to stay calm. Be in control of my emotions.--

Oriadin thought for a moment.

--I belive that is all.--

Helenias QDunn
May 13th, 2002, 06:54:09 AM
This was good. The true basics I would not have to teach. I could advance onwards.

"Then you have a solid grounding so far and that is good. Tell me, why is it a Jedi must stay calm and be at peace? Why must we be in control of our emotions?"

Oriadin
May 13th, 2002, 07:55:03 AM
Oriadin thought hard about this question. He hadnt been taught this so he thought about what he belived.

--A jedi must always be in control of thier emotions as emotions can be a path to the dark side. Fear, Anger and hatred can cause harm and suffering to others. We seek no pleasure from emotion either as Jedi we seek only knowledge and use that knowledge to protect the galaxy.--

Oriadin
May 20th, 2002, 04:52:00 AM
Oriadin was patient as he awaited a response from Helenias

Helenias Evenstar
May 23rd, 2002, 02:30:22 AM
That was impressive. He did understand the basics.

"So you understand what the path to the Dark Side is. But, it's not just fear anger and hatred that affects a Jedi. There is also doubt, there is uncertainty. Not only must we not doubt we can achieve something - the do or do not, there is no try - doubt can become frustration. Frustration can lead to impatience, Impatience to anger.... And I have no need to explain further, do I?

However, there is more in the use of The Force. There is compassion, there is patience, there is perserverence. There is kindness and there is wisdom. These may not be ways we will use the Force, but it will be ways of your heart, Oriadin. What is your heart's desire? Is it selfish, or is it for serving others? For this is also of the Jedi as well, to be unselfish, to not seek gain for yourself. Rember that too"

Oriadin
May 23rd, 2002, 02:45:43 AM
Oriadin listend carefully to his new master.

--My heart desires nothing but peace. I came here lost with no memory of who I was or where I was from. Since being here ive observed many people of various different species with fantastical abilities. I seek not to gain anything from these abilites but to help others.

Can I ask you something? How do you know when to be patient and when to persevear?
--

Helenias Evenstar
May 23rd, 2002, 04:51:24 AM
I nodded, again glad that a good question had been asked, taking a seat and indicating I wished for Oriadin to do so too.

"Perserverence and patience go hand in hand. Without one, you will not have the other. I think of Perserverence as the ability to contine to keep going until a desired outcome, patience is the ability to ingnore burdens and time to reach that goal. to me, they are the one and the same. And for an example... "

I smiled. What I would tell my Padawan would be a shock for him, but this was something to add emphasis to my point.

"Years ago, the Jedi Temple was on Coruscant and the Jedi leaders were Master Yogurt and a clone of a Jedi Master, Darth Turbogeek. An asault by my then allies, the Imperial Empire, was in action. I waited while the assault drew forth and reached a stalemate as the Jedi had created impressive defenses that could repel any assault - or so they thought. I did not waste effort joining in the assault, bu I waited and watched. I was patient and I observed my then enemy for a time and found their weakness. If I had not waited, I would not have seen the flaw in the Jedi's plans. I created a EMP device that destroyed their computers and ended the standoff. The Jedi lost their temple in a single stroke, with a simple device planted by one cunning mind. All it took was patience and detirmination to find a way.

Now, it is ironic I am a Jedi now myself, but it shows that even if I am not the most learned with the Force - and I will readily admit I am not - I can defeat the most powerful. There is nothing one who has patience can't achieve and sometimes your enemies can be swept aside without you raising a finger"

I paused, considering.

"If I am not the most powerful, then you would also ask, how can I have a fearsome reputation with the Elders as a Warrior? There is something else I believe that a true Jedi should use as well. Your Intelligence. I do not rely on the Force and although it is an ally, it is nothing if you do not have the intellect to use it wisely. To use the Force wisely will use patience, for it is a difficult journey. Others who do not, who want the quick and esay path, they fallto the Dark Side"

Oriadin
May 23rd, 2002, 05:13:15 AM
Oriadin sat as his master indicated for him to do so. He listend as she told him her story. He was not aware that she had once fought against the Jedi. At this present time though it was irrelevent and so he concentrated on the moral of the story.

--I think I understand. The force is your ally but in order to use it to its full potential you must have patience. If something seems like an impossible task, using a combination of patience and perserverence may result in an answear presenting itself. Correct?--

As oriadin replied his eyebrows lifted slightly hoping he was right in summary of the story.

Helenias Evenstar
May 23rd, 2002, 05:40:24 AM
"Yes, correct. It also helps if you do not have a closed mind as well, but to have patience is truly a way to tap into The Force. You see, the Dark Side is indeed powerful and fast, but only one or two Dark Siders ever truly learned how to use The Force. Grabbing power by any means does not mean that you have the ability to truly control it. Patience also teaches control. If say that you wanted to flick a switch by The Force, you could wrench it with power and destroy it in the process - or you learn the patience to merely tap it so it can be used again I believe that if you run carelessly, you can not see where you will step and if you do not watch your step, any fool can be your Master. Taking the step analogy further, if you run in haste, you may slip and fall. I would rather step with caution and make the distance with certainty"

Oriadin
May 23rd, 2002, 06:02:41 AM
Oriadin nodded in agreemet.

--When you said you fought against the Jedi, were you a dark sider? What turned to back to the light?

Oriadin asked shyly (OOC: Is that a word?). He didnt want to make his master uncomfortable at all but he felt that since they were talking about the light and dark side and what can make them that way, it was a good time to bring it up.

Helenias Evenstar
May 24th, 2002, 06:26:26 AM
Oriadin was full of good questions. I was really beginning to like this young man and his attitude.

"I was never Dark Side. Don't mistake Imperial for evil, for there are many who do not see eye to eye with the extremes and excesses of times past. I still hold many of the ideals of the Imperium dear. I battled the Jedi for two reasons - one, they were becoming corrupt. Two, because some of them are worthy opponents. I will not fight the weak. I instead will seek to battle those stronger than myself, so as I may stretch myself to the maximum of my abilities. It is not the Jedi way I know, but it is the way of a Warrior, which I am at heart.

But, back to the corruption of the Jedi at the time - they had grown soft and were teaching falsely. Some Jedi were not recognisable from Dark Siders! False teachings were spread and if there is one thing I can not abide, it is falsehood. Hence, I battled them. I also battled Dark Siders as well, who, if you would believed, said they could love! Always beware of falsehood Oriadin. One more reason to be calm and at peace, so you may know the false from the truth"

Oriadin
May 24th, 2002, 06:39:34 AM
Oriadin nodded. He took in all his master was telling him. He found it a little ironic that she fought against the Jedi and then ended up becoming one herself but as she explained he began to understand.

--So in a way, you were really fighting for the jedi, rather than fighting against them. How long have you been here?--

Helenias Evenstar
May 24th, 2002, 08:08:06 AM
I cast my mind out and mentally added up the time.

"Five months I think, ever since James Tohmahawk went missing and was reported killed. Really, I would never have come here, except I found out my husband, whom I thought was dead had really been a Jedi here for many years and even was a Master I had unknowingly fought hand to hand. Six months ago, I discovered he was here under an assumed name. Unfortunantly, he was the James Tohmahawk whom was reported killed"

I looked away, out a window as I continued to speak. "It was when I realised I had missed my chance to be reunited, I took it upon myself to continue on where he left off and thence joined the Order. How ironic life can be, Oriadin, but I for one now feel I have arrived in a place I can call home. While I dont think the Jedi are what they should be, I can work openly to guide whom I can."

Oriadin
May 24th, 2002, 08:15:16 AM
Oriadin listend to Helenias. He thought it was a sad story and his heart went out to her. After she finished they both say silent for a few moments. It was one of those tense moments when you need somone to say something to break the ice. Oriadin spoke first.

--So, when do we begin the training?--

Helenias Evenstar
May 24th, 2002, 08:25:12 AM
I turned my gaze back to Oriadin.

"We already have. You are listening to me and absorbing what I pass on. A Jedi is not just about lifting rocks and sabre fighting. It is a way of life and a way of the heart. You already show you are an apt pupil just by the act of listening. Before I show you more, I wanted to see if your mentally ready, by know ing what peace and calm is and how to achieve it. For how can you be at peace with yourself in the middle of a sabre fight to the death, if you are not at peace sitting down before me? Now close your eyes and clear your mind. Reach out with your feelings first. See what you can sense"

Oriadin
May 24th, 2002, 08:43:57 AM
Oriadin nodded. He closed his eyes as he was instructed to do so and cleared his mind. He occasionally struggled with this but the more he did it the easier it got. Slowly, bit by bit he forgot about everything until he was sat there with a clear mind. He reached out with his feelings for a few moments.

--I sense very little. I can sense your presents. Its soothing. I feel relaxed around you.--

Oriadin tilted his head as he searched for more.

--I can feel the layout of the room. Its very still and quiet. Peacefull. Thats about all I can sense, master--

Helenias Evenstar
May 24th, 2002, 08:47:36 AM
I looked about, before locating a suitible object.

"There is a datapad in this room. Where is it?"

(Feel free to make up where this datapad is :) )

Oriadin
May 24th, 2002, 08:52:01 AM
OOC: Ok thanks

Oriadin wanted to open his eyes but resisted the temptation. He searched the room in his mind. He could sense a few things. Big things like tables and chairs.

--Datapad--

He said to himself quietly.

His head moved around as if he were looking for it but his eyes remained closed.

--Master, I can sense no datapad.--

Oriadin frowned slightly. He was disapointed in himself.

Helenias Evenstar
May 24th, 2002, 08:54:31 AM
"Then open your eyes first. Locate it with your sight, then repeat the exercise with your eyes closed and stretching out with your feelings once again"

Oriadin
May 24th, 2002, 08:59:45 AM
Oriadin stopped frowning and was no longer disapointed with himself. He slowly began to open his eyes and he looked straight at Helenias.

--Wait!--

Oriadin said quickly, still looking directly at his master. His eyes lowered to the floor slightly and he looked as if he were thinking. After a few seconds he slowly brought his eyes back to to meet Helenias. He raised his right arm and pointed to right hand corner of the room, behind Oriadin.

--There--

Helenias Evenstar
May 25th, 2002, 03:49:14 AM
"Good! Now, are you able to move it with your mind?"

Oriadin
May 26th, 2002, 07:40:17 AM
Oriadin had learned to move objects with his last master so he was fairly confident.

--I think so--

Oriadin kept his mind clear. He could feel the force and was still aware of his surroundings. He honed his senses to the datapad and began to concentrate on it very hard. He was there for a couple of minuites. The datapad slid accross the table very slightly before it lifted up a small distance.