PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Vampires?!

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Apr 1st, 2001, 02:35:24 AM
This has caught my eye. When did this start? Last week? Why? Should we allow it?

I personally don't think so..it don't make sense how a Vamp can be a jedi.

Saurron aimed me regarding this and I understand where he is coming from. It is not right and makes no sense. This is what he feels.

This is from our aim chat: (AMINDCRIME is Saurron)

AMINDCRIME: I have a very huge interest in this as I do not want the vampire way to become like what happened to the saijinns...
AMINDCRIME: we are a select few before you know it there will be vamp bounty hunters etc...
JK Leia Solo: I understand what you are saying..just 2 of these ppl showed up...DT does not approve of this and quite frankly, I dont think it makes sense a jedi vampire.
AMINDCRIME: dont let it happen
AMINDCRIME: pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssseeeee
AMINDCRIME: I am very very selective about who gets turned not even my apprentices save soth get turned into vamps
JK Leia Solo: ok...I am bringing this up in the temple I agree with you

Now..I ask you your opinons on this. Quite frankly I don't see how we can have them.

Please voice your opinons on this.

Warren Azalin
Apr 1st, 2001, 02:39:26 AM
So far I know of three vampires trying to be Jedi, Pandora Vindel, Seigfried Deus, and Derek Forge (kinda a little secret he told me bout his character). Now I am not going to say the names of these people or their other characters since they are friends, but I see the Jedi Vampire thing a little crazy. I can understand a good Vampire, but a Jedi O_O.

TUJK
Apr 1st, 2001, 03:35:49 AM
*thumbs down*

Had this conversation a long time ago and in a place far away.

Vampires are undead. As in, they died to live again, this is the classic version of vampires, from folklore onward, and the core of my argument.

Jedi are living beings, at harmony with the force.

Dead Jedi are said to join the force, or become spirits.

A Jedi that Died, but lives again would be a perversion of the force, an aspect of the dark side...

Blood Drinking Light jedi? Erm. Can we say no?

ReaperFett
Apr 1st, 2001, 06:39:10 AM
Ive said this before. Vampires can be good, see Blade. They should be let in. Im sick of this, its almost like picking on someone

Otherwise, we also get rid of people using characters names, so thta we dont tread on any toes. Then discount anything that slightly gies over the line

TUJK
Apr 1st, 2001, 12:35:39 PM
I don't care if you say vmpires can be good, evil, tragic or noble.

The structure of the starwars galaxy doesn't allow for jedi vampires.

To me, even a sith vampire is pushing the limits of credibility.

Hart Kenobi
Apr 1st, 2001, 02:33:45 PM
Like I said about Saijins or whatever, I don't like things that don't belong in this universe. Vampires don't. But in my opinion, neither do Vongs, Noghri, or anything that hasn't been in the trilogies. BUT, I'm NOT going to agree with kicking people out because that's their "thing." For what that AIM conversation says, I feel that Saurron just wants to be the only person in the world to have that as a gimmick and is being immature about others taking his "patented" idea. I never want to rp with a Vampire, but turning them away is going a little too far.

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Apr 1st, 2001, 03:25:16 PM
Generally speaking I don't have problems with other characters but, like TUJK stated, the concept of a Jedi Vampire doesn't make sense. Vamps let's face it are evil cut and dry..blood sucking, killing people. A nice vamp?! Seems contradicting to me nevermind the thought of being a jedi.

I am not saying that can't be. I am just stating my opinon it doesnt' quite make sense.

ReaperFett
Apr 1st, 2001, 05:23:18 PM
Vamps let's face it are evil cut and dry

No there not. Thats complete BS

Darth Turbogeek
Apr 1st, 2001, 06:20:12 PM
Vampires are evil, cut and dried. Blade was a twisting of the vampirii attributes, full stop. If you want to find out about vamprii, go read a Anne Rice book. DO NOT think Blade or Buffy the Vampire slayer have anything to do with the real thing, cause it dont. Vampires in the full state are NOT good, they do not do good at all, full stop. They are undead and their only motivation is to have other join them and to serve the head vampire and Satan.

Why the hell are we even arguing this? Is this NOT 100% clear cut? Jedi are NOT undead. TUJK speaks the truth on why Jedi can not, will not and should not be Vampires in their full fledged spiritial form.

Please dont give me this nonsense that Blade or Buffy are are even close to real vampires. It only pisses me off to see people try to give good attributes to creatures of darkness. I do not wish to see our respect for good and our dislike for evil watered down and neutered. Good is good and evil is evil. There is no inbetweenand there should never be for any Jedi.

Hart Kenobi
Apr 1st, 2001, 07:58:11 PM
Good is good and evil is evil.

I'd have to disagree with that. Many times, and probably more often than not in the real world, skewed perceptions of "Good" are more dangerous than any evil can ever be.

Darth Turbogeek
Apr 1st, 2001, 08:05:42 PM
And therein lies being a Jedi. Knowing what is right and what is wrong and knowing it is Black and White.

TUJK
Apr 1st, 2001, 08:35:00 PM
Following points to be made in no order.

Rice is more faithful to the vampires of ledgend than most are, but it's not the be all or end all. Makes good reading, and helps get rid of the popular belief, be it based on movies, bad horror movies or V:TM concept of vampires... but, it's still no bible.

There is light, and there is dark, and there is a sharp contrast between the two. But there is a gray area, which, in my opiniuon only Falling and Repenting Jedi will ever be found.

Dark, Light, Pink or Grey. Makes no difference, At times, the ends can be quite similar. Good isn't nessisarly always good, and bad isn't always nessisarly bad. Everyone has thier off days.

Organa Solo
Apr 1st, 2001, 09:11:35 PM
But theoretically one who takes blood as a virtue cannot also protect it as well.

ReaperFett
Apr 1st, 2001, 09:23:34 PM
ok, 2 points

-there is good bad and bad good. A terrorist saves a childs life. Thats good. But he is bad. See my point?

. If you want to find out about vamprii, go read a Anne Rice book. DO NOT think Blade or Buffy the Vampire slayer have anything to do with the real thing, cause it dont
I will decide myself what Vampires are. I dislike all the old crap. FDTD and Blade are great examples, rather than the man in dumb clothing stalking at night.

Just because you dont like Blade, doesnt mean it isnt good DT

Darth Turbogeek
Apr 1st, 2001, 10:23:32 PM
Just because you dont "like" the "old" crap does not change what vampires are. Blade "changes" what a vampire is to suit itself, to include in it's nature what wasnt there in the first place.

We dont go changing stuff just because we dont like it. A Vampire i s an Undead creature, that preys on living beings, to drink blood. They are minions of demons (normally) and only look after their own interests, normally their own appetites. They have problems with garlic and mirrors, cant abide light and flee in the presence of God, be it crucifix, holy water or the presence of someone intensely holy. They areoversexed and more often than not, insane. They have superhuman strength and have no capability to be calm and peaceful.

Most legends are associated with Vlad the Impaler (mid 1500's), who was a particularly gruesome person.

Vampires in reality are rabies sufferers. Seriously. Rabies being a degenerative disease, sends the victim insnae.

In the middleages, rabies was common. And the things that a rabies sufferer have are remarkably like a Vampire....

1) They bite at people, especially necks
2) Senses are made sharper, thence the pungent smell of garlic is repulsive
3) Self concious - hence dont like to look at themselves in mirrors. And oddly, religious symbols, which often invoke self thought, invoke fear and rage as the sufferer cant bear to be accused due to self image.
4) Insaneity - rages and adrenaline enhanced strength
5) Rabies sufferers become highly sexually active.
6) Photosensitive - ie dont like light!
7) Associated with bats and wolves - two common rabies infection vectors.

Thence, Vampires are either 1) Victims of disease and dying in insaneity or 2) Dark Side creatures. What room does that leave for a Vamp to be a Jedi????

ReaperFett
Apr 2nd, 2001, 06:46:31 AM
Just because you dont "like" the "old" crap does not change what vampires are

and just because you dont like the new crap, you dont agree with the good part

Ever heard of evolution? Things change

TUJK
Apr 2nd, 2001, 11:31:50 AM
The dead don't tend to change much.

and modren and popular belief tends to pervert ledgends of old.

Danster the Gangster
Apr 2nd, 2001, 03:24:14 PM
I don't really have anything against Jedi Vampires
The fact that they suck blood could be seen as a Jedi thing
Blood is necesary for life, if Vampires want more, then that could mean they love life more

Organa Solo
Apr 2nd, 2001, 03:58:48 PM
yes, at the expense of those they are sworn to protect. The only real problem here lies within interpretation of ideals...

AmazonBabe
Apr 4th, 2001, 12:27:47 AM
Personally, I have no prob with the Vamps in general. But jedi Vamps kinda seems... contradictory to itself. You see Jedi as good and Vamp as evil. But, there are also good Vamps.

Well, in either case, I understood Saurron's take on this. They are few, and keeping them few is better than having a horde of them run amock.

Liam Jinn
Apr 5th, 2001, 04:21:10 PM
I don't see what the big fuss is over this Vampire stuff. Let them in, they don't have to be drinking human blood, they can drink animal blood like sheep and such. In some peoples eyes Vampires are bad, in others they can be good. Its like witches basically, some people think of witches as green faced evil things and/or think of witches as good witches.