PDA

View Full Version : COUNCIL VOTE on a series of GJO ideas

ReaperFett
Apr 7th, 2001, 07:03:27 PM
OK, just a few of my suggestions that have been brewing

LETTING INTO GJO
after applying, they get a one month trial period. After a month, they ust show us what they have done. They will still be assigned a master, which is when the trial starts. We then vote to see if they are woth it. If they fail, they lose their master, and do not join. However, they may come back a month later with something they have done themselves, and we will reevaluate.
All Padawans currentley with GJO will get this trial.

AVALON ACCESS
Knights only. No Padawans, except in exceptional circumstances. All currentley in will keep access

KNGHTS ONLY FORUM
DUmp it, it was for the GJO/NJC, but NJC is very small, meaning the board isnt needed.

So, 4 things to vote on:

TRIAL
TRIAL ON CURRENT PADAWANS
AVALON ACCESS
KNIGHTS ONLY

I vote 'do it!' on all

Hart Kenobi
Apr 7th, 2001, 10:31:31 PM
Trial: YES
Trial on current padawans: YES.
Avalon access: YES. Only knights up except for the current ones in here.
Knights only: NO. Let's leave it. It's not bothering anyone and it may be useful one day.

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Apr 7th, 2001, 10:47:40 PM
Trial for New Padawans and Trial for current Padawans

Yes, I think it is necessary. Enlight of what I have been seeing lately and am not currently happy with some of the newbies. It's NOT that I haven't given them a chance. Trust me I have been very patient with them. BUT when I WARN them and they totally disregard what I say or they temporarily say they understand then proceed to act unjedilike..I find that rather disturbing. I think all NEWBIES should have to go through this for now on.

As far as current..I don't think so. They have been here already. BUT...if they keep messing up..they shall be spoken to and given a warning and dealt with accordingly. The warning should be that as such, that if they disregard any warnings they can find themselves out of GJO.

Avalon Access YES. I am starting to believe KNIGHTS only. One of the reasons if voting purposes. The other is well they don't know the privacy of this forum and they seem to leak info out. Those have been my observations. Those who are here may stay here..as I believe they are to be knighted shortly anyway.

Knights Only Yes. Well it was established because of NJC and that doesn't not seem to be working out. We can get rid of it for now. Knowing we can put it back in whenever needed again

ReaperFett
Apr 8th, 2001, 06:54:41 AM
you shouldnt use the word newbie in a derrogitary way

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Apr 8th, 2001, 10:42:11 AM
I didn't mean it that way, Fett. :(

*sigh* I don't dislike newbies. I think you think that and its not true. *sigh* I wish you were on AIM now.

Hart Kenobi
Apr 8th, 2001, 02:23:44 PM
Newbies isn't a derogatory term. It's a term of endearment. As in rookie, freshman, private-- they're used to give a sense of family like in a fraternity with initiations. Putting them in a group brings them closer together, because they have the same goals and aspirations.

http://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/contrib/owen/newbie.gif

obiwan2
Apr 8th, 2001, 05:51:28 PM
I also vote YES to all

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Apr 10th, 2001, 04:15:57 PM
So far the voting looks good. Let's keep the votes coming in. :)

ReaperFett
Apr 10th, 2001, 04:27:07 PM
actually, the netiquette code that many see is that newbie is insulting. Especially when put in caps

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Apr 10th, 2001, 05:03:02 PM
**Smacks her head into the wall**

Trust me Fett I didn't mean it that way! :(

Master Yoghurt
Apr 12th, 2001, 03:13:40 PM
Trial: Yes

I would suggest the title for applicants during the initial one month period of time are "Candidates", "Initiates" or similar. When the Council see fit to let them continue, they are Padawans and officially members of the Greater Jedi Order. A minimum of 2 months should be required for a Master to bring a Padawan before the Council for Knighthood.

Avalon for Knights only: Yes

(I vote agains letting such rules affect those that allready are allowed in the Temple)

Removing Knights only forum: There are advantages to having a password locked forum for inviting current or future allies for discussion. However, it can be restored later when needed. Makes layout cleaner, so I say Yes